» «
Photo

Luis's clothes?

59 replies to this topic
4thosebout2rock
  • 4thosebout2rock

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:32 PM

Was thinking seeing as luis seems to be living a glam life we may be able to change his clothes.

Though they may leave it like they did with johnny.

MitchJ90
  • MitchJ90

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:34 PM

They look ok...but nothing special. Changing the clothes would be good I guess.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:35 PM

I doubt they will give us that option. They will probably want Luis' clothes to stay the same throughout the story in order for it to remain the same during the times he meets Niko and/or Johnny. It's ironic though; considering the fact that Niko can change his clothes and the others can't. tounge.gif

Though does Niko use your savefiles clothing options? That would be interesting.

junkpile
  • junkpile

Liberty City, it's over! Next Stop. Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (4thosebout2rock @ May 27 2009, 20:32)
Was thinking seeing as luis seems to be living a glam life we may be able to change his clothes.

his clothes aren't too bad but not that overwhelming neither.
could be possible to buy some gear at modo's...
luis dresses quite casual and there is no need for having a "gang-flag" or something like johnny.

still, can't really imagine luis wearing stuff from the russian shop, since it offers niko's default clothes.

but:

maybe they close perseus, modo and the russian shop and open pro laps in lower algonquin, or dider sachs or something else.

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:40 PM

From what we have seen of Luis, he wears a bomber-style jacket as standard and some jeans. I'm of mixed opinions about what Rockstar could do. They could stick with the Lost and Damned method and keep the standard clothing without providing the option to change it. But then again, due to the glitzy lifestyle that Luis finds himself in while working for Gay Tony, it's also not an unreasonable idea to think that they would allow Luis to change his clothes and also keep the focus on higher-end clothing stores, while still providing some street clothes to keep in roots with Luis' background as a street gangster.

trooper
  • trooper

Pink Nixon

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:55 PM

I don't know...

I mean in all the cut scenes he IS in the bomber jacket.

But i'm not a huge fan. it makes him look like a highschool jock.

So i hope that you can change outfits. and just like how in the cutscenes where Johnny meets Niko, Niko is in his original clothes. I would say if you want to keep continuity you don't change the outfit.. but you can if you want.. that would be cool.

Rucke
  • Rucke

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE (trooper @ May 27 2009, 21:55)
I don't know...

I mean in all the cut scenes he IS in the bomber jacket.

If you've played Lost and Damned you can see that Niko is wearing his default outfit in every cutscene he appears in. I guess it's the same thing with Luis.

dabaannz
  • dabaannz

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:10 PM

Well, as much as I really want there to be different choices for clothes, I'm gonna have to say that I don't think we'll have any clothing options... The first DLC didn't have that option ( I know, you're in a gang and have to wear that jacket but guess what, Luis is in the dominican gang, so maybe has to wear his jacket for the same reasons) And, even though you see Nico in different clothes in the cut scenes, the fact that Luis has the same outfit on everytime tells me that it's his look/style. It's only downloaded content and you get what ya pay for (same price as Lost) so don't expect too much.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:31 PM

I want a poncho and a sombrero

adzy28394
  • adzy28394

It's nice to find a sane person on Xbox Live

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:07 PM

its possible that Luis might get a change of outfit (even though the one he has is fine) because they did it to Johnny, in GTA4 he has an awesome Eagle tattoo across his neck and face and also has a grey vest type jacket over his leathers.

I wish they kept him that way imho

Gta Guy 108
  • Gta Guy 108

Hoist the Colours!

• Members

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:06 AM

I heard rumours of a new clothing shop that was spotted that had a interior in TLAD, it is called "Ranch" which I saw for myself, the windows are a bit too white, and hide the interior a little bit. I guess they are still working on it, but there was a inside to that shop. It was somewhere in Alderney I think. Rockstar really should add clothing shops for Luis because I can understand with Johnny about him "representing" his gang so he has to wear it.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:47 AM

QUOTE (Gta Guy 108 @ May 27 2009, 18:06)
I heard rumours of a new clothing shop that was spotted that had a interior in TLAD, it is called "Ranch" which I saw for myself, the windows are a bit too white, and hide the interior a little bit. I guess they are still working on it, but there was a inside to that shop. It was somewhere in Alderney I think. Rockstar really should add clothing shops for Luis because I can understand with Johnny about him "representing" his gang so he has to wear it.

I don't think it means anything like that. Every GTA city has some buildings that seem to randomly have extra detail even though they're not used in the story. Different teams of artists did each island and you can find they each had their own style and favorite details. I'm pretty sure the several partial interiors seen in Alderney City are just a bit of individual flair from that design team. They realized if they built low-detail but true 3D interiors for the street-level corner shops of lots of buildings, it looks a lot more realistic as you pass by, than just solid walls with photos of windows on them like most buildings have.

TheDorkKnight
  • TheDorkKnight

Why So Serious?

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 May 2009 - 02:47 AM

he should have the choice of extra clothes.
maybe not a choice to buy but a choice to choose.
with johnny he was in the Lost MC so he had to wear his jacket but luis isn't like that.
instead of a whole shop of choices you should get a wardrobe of clothes that are preset you know?that would be easier wouldn't it?

crazz13
  • crazz13

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 May 2009 - 04:12 AM

QUOTE (Gta Guy 108 @ May 28 2009, 00:06)
It was somewhere in Alderney I think. Rockstar really should add clothing shops for Luis because I can understand with Johnny about him "representing" his gang so he has to wear it.

well they could have given johnny a vest with his gang patch on it and made it possible to switch his undershirts, i just think that they won't make it possible to switch clothes because it is a DLC.

Dragonex100
  • Dragonex100

I run this town! Me!

• Members

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:13 PM

Yeah, johny had a brown vest over his gang jacket in the museum piece mission, so I wouldn't doubt Luis has slightly different clothes, and can change them. Jonny had a legit reason for always keeping his jacket, but I dont see why Luis does

El Zilcho
  • El Zilcho

Virtuoso

• The Connection
  • European-Union

Posted 28 May 2009 - 02:32 PM

I'm hoping that Rodeo and Ranch are opened, allowing Luis to change into more expensive or totally new jeans and jacket that we haven't seen in Modo yet. I think if they aren't opened, Modo should be stocked with new clothes, and that Persues should be open for Luis to wear suits too. And if it was really good, maybe even new suits all together!

B Johnson
  • B Johnson

Don't Bust My Butternut!

• Members

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (junkpile @ May 27 2009, 20:37)

his clothes aren't too bad but not that overwhelming neither.
could be possible to buy some gear at modo's...
luis dresses quite casual and there is no need for having a "gang-flag" or something like johnny.

still, can't really imagine luis wearing stuff from the russian shop, since it offers niko's default clothes.

but:

maybe they close perseus, modo and the russian shop and open pro laps in lower algonquin, or dider sachs or something else.

i hope they open didier sachs. in san andreas, they has nice bling. well for the graphics back then.

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:37 PM

His clothes look alright. A simple white t-shirt, blue jeans and white sneakers would be pretty cool as well. Didiersachs clothing would be pretty awesome as well.

jackass2009
  • jackass2009

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 30 May 2009 - 04:16 AM Edited by jackass2009, 27 October 2009 - 10:33 PM.

I think he will be because when he was at the bank, he was wearing a black bomber jacket, but when Niko and Packie hand over Gracie he was wearing a blue one.

EDIT! He will. He's shown wearing a black suit in one trailer and (i think the some one.) He's in what looks like a fight club and he's just wearing a white sweater.(?) And in his black jacket. I've seen a picture of him in a red jacket with a grey hoody.

lilmcnessy
  • lilmcnessy

FenderCore

• Members

Posted 30 May 2009 - 05:33 AM

I think his clothes look alright but they should be changeable
But i dont understand why Niko wears the same clothes throughout the game in Lost and the damned

junkpile
  • junkpile

Liberty City, it's over! Next Stop. Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 30 May 2009 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE (lilmcnessy @ May 30 2009, 05:33)
But i dont understand why Niko wears the same clothes throughout the game in Lost and the damned

because it is the only outfit everyone owns. they're his default clothes.

(but: they could have changed his outfit to the black ski-jacket from modo, not because i like it, but because it's the jacket niko wears on a photo with roman. it's framed next to the tv in the safehouse in bohan)

SovietWarrior42
  • SovietWarrior42

Certified Demoman

• Members

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:18 AM

Wait, he had a bomber jacket? I thought it was a letterman jacket.

Astrixone
  • Astrixone

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:25 AM

I hope he wont have the clothes he has in gta iv.
I think he will have clothes from all his works, cover works, missions and suits.
I want the clothes be more like in san andreas.

lilmcnessy
  • lilmcnessy

FenderCore

• Members

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE (junkpile @ May 30 2009, 19:11)
QUOTE (lilmcnessy @ May 30 2009, 05:33)

because it is the only outfit everyone owns. they're his default clothes.

(but: they could have changed his outfit to the black ski-jacket from modo, not because i like it, but because it's the jacket niko wears on a photo with roman. it's framed next to the tv in the safehouse in bohan)

I know its his default clothes but like you said, he could wear different clothes
At start missions he should have his Russian shop clothes
Then wear something from Modo
then towards the end suits from persues (how ever you spell it)

MarshDanni
  • MarshDanni

The Godfather

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 June 2009 - 03:56 PM

Suits like Niko but more of them (Not like they did piece shi* computer version!!)

DimitriRUS
  • DimitriRUS

Hustler

• Members

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:32 PM

i think there will be more clothes in modo, and I hope there will be new clothe shop (cheap, ghetto style, somewhere in little holland), °but I like how Luis is dressed in GTA4 and TLAD, i like letterman jacket.

Sergi
  • Sergi

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:34 PM

Well Victim seems like an ideal place Luis would shop so why not include it? They had that website for clothes that had Victim on there as well as like 12 other stores and most of them we never saw in the game.

Password123
  • Password123

"A countersign"

• Members

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:43 PM

More expensive, high-end clothes I think. Not like suits, but more types of those clothes that he was wearing in IV/TLAD.

EzaH
  • EzaH

Ballsy Balkan

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:25 PM Edited by EzaH, 09 June 2009 - 11:29 PM.

They'll probably change his clothing like they did in TLAD.

If you look closely, in IV Johnny has a long sleeve shirt and a vest over it.
instead of the full leather jacket in TLAD. So they'll probably do the same with L.

EzaH
  • EzaH

Ballsy Balkan

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (reform @ May 27 2009, 21:31)
I want a poncho and a sombrero

Nice, Racism. He's not even Mexican.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users