» «
Photo

[REL | IV] No Crosshair Mod

11 replies to this topic
shaden7
  • shaden7

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 02:23 PM Edited by shaden7, 30 May 2009 - 11:05 AM.

This mod intends to make GTA IV a bit more realistic.

1. This main thing this mod does is to completely remove the crosshair and the ammo display, but leaving the rest of the hud as is.

2. Optionally(!), you can enable inaccurate weapons that are also more powerful, and the ability to carry 2 pistols in your inventory at a time.

In Detail:

1. A more realistic hud:

- This mod removes any crosshairs on foot and in cars.
- It does also remove the display of your weapon's ammo.

Hint: If you also disable the rest of the hud in the options of gta vi, you won't see a hud at all.

2. Weapons feeling:

- I just couldn't have it that the guns are so accurate, so....
- Weapons spread much larger now, depending on the weapon type. (e.g.: Uzi spreads more than a Deagle)
- Weapons do realistic damage, like 2 shots of the normal pistol can kill a cop. but remember: its harder to hit
- Explosive weapons aren't edited
- Weapons have real clip sizes, e.g.: deagle=7 and you can carry max 10 clips
- You can have 2 Pistols, a Deagle and the normal Pistol in your inventory at the same time
- You can have one of two shotguns at a time
- In addition to that you can have either the uzi, the mp5, the ak47 or the m4 (or m16 whatever) at the same time.
- You can also shoot out of cars with more weapons, e.g. m4.

Important: I know changing Nicos accuracy also affects the cops and other enemies. This is why i made the weapons part optionally: Decide yourself if you want it.
However, in this mod's state, you can still be hit/killed by the cops, sometimes faster then you might think.

With both features turned on, GTA IV feels more real and more like a tactical shooting game.
But of course you may also install the "No Crosshair Feature" as the only thing. Backup files included.

- GTA IV must be moddable
- Does not need any Scripthook functionality
- Tested with 1.0.3 only, but should work with other versions

Download:
No Crosshair Mod

Pic:
user posted image

DimitriRUS
  • DimitriRUS

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 02:47 PM

need to make iron sights smile.gif but I dont know if it is possible yet.

Dhatz
  • Dhatz

editor of GTA.CZ/GTA4

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 02:53 PM Edited by Dhatz, 27 May 2009 - 04:07 PM.

i would like if someone made aiming mod that would have crosshair shown straight where the barrel of the gun is pointing at, while keeping the aiming and animations as they are(yes, it would be similar to a laser dot)
And it should have custom crosshair texture that would have the crosshair in the middle of it.
Looks like you could do it.
EDIT: or did you only edit hud.dat and weaponinfo.xml?

shaden7
  • shaden7

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:00 PM Edited by shaden7, 27 May 2009 - 03:03 PM.

Btw, I suggest using one additional mod to improve the realism: "RagDollEuphoriaMod" respectively "ragdoll by pain" (made by hippiecommunist) enables ragdoll for some time when hit, making nico to take some recovery time.
This mod and the fact that every hit drains your health quite a lot if you use the mod above compensate relatively good that the cops shoot really lousy.
And don't underestimate the fact that if two angry cops get near you, you might actually be dead a lot faster that you think.

XXLpeanuts
  • XXLpeanuts

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:29 PM

it all sounds good but not realistic because there is no iron sights. Untill there are this mod is useless. Also the weapons are not at all too accurate, not in the original game, i have a modded weapons.xml and that makes everything more accurate which equals realism since an m4 can shoot a target 100s of meters away and the range limit for a pistol is not 10 meters

Dhatz
  • Dhatz

editor of GTA.CZ/GTA4

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE (XXLpeanuts @ May 27 2009, 15:29)
it all sounds good but not realistic because there is no iron sights. Untill there are this mod is useless. Also the weapons are not at all too accurate, not in the original game, i have a modded weapons.xml and that makes everything more accurate which equals realism since an m4 can shoot a target 100s of meters away and the range limit for a pistol is not 10 meters

i guess you play it with gamepad, because without anything plugged in, it is almost always dead center and only automatic weapons have any spread.

XXLpeanuts
  • XXLpeanuts

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (Dhatz @ May 27 2009, 16:06)

i guess you play it with gamepad, because without anything plugged in, it is almost always dead center and only automatic weapons have any spread.

No i play with mouse, i have never noticed any real problem i always thought its nice to have a game where i can actualy hit something when i target it, only thing that should be changed is the accuracy when fireing blind from cover, thats a bit stupid.

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 05:29 PM

Nice job, will be great for zombie mods smile.gif

C06alt
  • C06alt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE (XXLpeanuts @ May 27 2009, 16:33)

No i play with mouse, i have never noticed any real problem i always thought its nice to have a game where i can actualy hit something when i target it, only thing that should be changed is the accuracy when fireing blind from cover, thats a bit stupid.

The ring gets bigger but nothing is actually happining if your using a mouse.

Dhatz
  • Dhatz

editor of GTA.CZ/GTA4

• Members

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:51 AM

QUOTE (C06alt @ May 28 2009, 00:30)
QUOTE (XXLpeanuts @ May 27 2009, 16:33)

The ring gets bigger but nothing is actually happining if your using a mouse.

it does a little, when you shoot full mag of uzi to surface that has small bulletholes(like the kitchen in the second safehouse) from some distance, you can find more than one hole next to the original.

Little Psycho
  • Little Psycho

Unofficial supporter of ms.cooldude mods, lolz

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:34 PM

God, this is the best weapon handling mod in the world, I love how much weapons you can get, I love that you can shoot from car with rifles too (reminds me scarface) and all. Respect.

Kiabbo
  • Kiabbo

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 May 2009 - 11:38 AM

Man I liked it so much!I'm using now.
But I edited weaponinfo.xml, I know it's realistic, but I don't like m4 killing peoples with one shot.But you work is really awesome!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users