Quantcast

» «
Photo

what wepons do you like to see in new DLC?

121 replies to this topic

Poll: what wepons do you like to see in new DLC?? (345 member(s) have cast votes)

what wepons do you like to see in new DLC??

1. -revolver (51 votes [16.04%])

Percentage of vote: 16.04%

2. -silenced pistol (113 votes [35.53%])

Percentage of vote: 35.53%

3. -two sub machine guns (like in san andreas) (21 votes [6.60%])

Percentage of vote: 6.60%

4. -minigun (24 votes [7.55%])

Percentage of vote: 7.55%

5. -lead pipe? (3 votes [0.94%])

Percentage of vote: 0.94%

6. -chainsaw (35 votes [11.01%])

Percentage of vote: 11.01%

7. -Uzi (not mini-uzi) (12 votes [3.77%])

Percentage of vote: 3.77%

8. -Flamethrower (42 votes [13.21%])

Percentage of vote: 13.21%

9. -other (17 votes [5.35%])

Percentage of vote: 5.35%

Vote Guests cannot vote
MarshDanni
  • MarshDanni

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:52 PM

personal I want to see minigun, uzi, revolver and chainsaw

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:53 PM

This topic is used for discussing such ideas;
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=412432

MarshDanni
  • MarshDanni

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:53 PM

ok

BikerAndy
  • BikerAndy

Jenson 2009

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 02:05 PM

all the same, you've hit on something I haven't seen in other threads - dual wielded weapons! I'd be over the moon to get dual smg's, pistols, shotguns etc. There's always room for another gun!

Dvt-MedShot
  • Dvt-MedShot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 02:30 PM

I would like to see the minigun, chainsaw and the flamethrower, but the first and the last are the most likely because the sounds of it are already in the game (GTA IV).

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 May 2009 - 02:33 PM

The Colt Python would be my most anticipated weapon to return in the GTA series. It was amazing in Vice City, a little ruined in VCS, but in full next-gen glory, the feeling of shooting someone in the kneecap with the Python, and watching them fly back onto there arse would be amazing.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 27 May 2009 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (Enjoii @ May 27 2009, 14:53)
This topic is used for discussing such ideas;
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=412432

What's wrong with a topic for weapons? Why should everything be crammed into one topic - is it so we can lose track of individual discussions? Really, there's no point.

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:10 PM

Definitely the flamethrower... panic.gif

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Gone Fishing

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (BikerAndy @ May 27 2009, 14:05)
you've hit on something I haven't seen in other threads - dual wielded weapons!

I don't think there is a high possibility of dual wielded weapons in this game, especially due to the 'over-the-shoulder' camera view point GTA IV has when aiming the gun both manually and with auto-aim. To accompany dual wielding weapons, there would be the need for a whole new camera perspective. Although this could be fresh and innovative for the DLC, I think many would find it an annoyance.

I can only see a few guns being added (3-4); nothing over dramatic like the chainsaw. Possibly the addition of the silenced pistol (or even SMG). I can see this being used to sneak into the museum during 'Museum Piece'. It would also add a new gameplay element, especially involving the nightclub scene; possibly assassinate a target within a a nightclub; with the silenced pistol only being an option, thereby opening the multiple circumstance missions again.

You can also conceal your weapons in GTA IV. Although there was no need for this (the only outcome was scared fleeing pedestrians). So it would be good having to conceal your weapon to get passed security and people within open spaces. In addition to all this, I can see some melee objects being added to compliment Luis' gritty lifestyle. Such weapons can be good for street brawls (I can see a new sluggish, street form of fighting) and the possible fight club mini-game.

Lavalization
  • Lavalization

Im An Assassin Shhhh

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:20 PM

silenced glock
revolver[maybe]
some type of new weapon you can use in a car for a drive by [ak47 without stock on the end??]
another melle weapon
bolt action sniper maybe

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:23 PM

There seems to be high demand for a silenced pistol and personally I think that it would be a good addition, and it would also fit with the style of the game. As a door guard for the clubs along with being a personal bodyguard and assistant to gay Tony, there may sometimes be a need for keeping quiet in certain scenarios.

BikerAndy
  • BikerAndy

Jenson 2009

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (gamesguru @ May 27 2009, 15:11)
QUOTE (BikerAndy @ May 27 2009, 14:05)
you've hit on something I haven't seen in other threads - dual wielded weapons!

I don't think there is a high possibility of dual wielded weapons in this game, especially due to the 'over-the-shoulder' camera view point GTA IV has when aiming the gun both manually and with auto-aim. To accompany dual wielding weapons, there would be the need for a whole new camera perspective. Although this could be fresh and innovative for the DLC, I think many would find it an annoyance.

Correct me if I'm wrong but they used the same perspective for dual smg's in SA didn't they?

I'm guessing they won't be in there anyway as it would probably mess around with the cover system in IV if you tried to have a gun in both hands thinking about it. Even so, doubling up on your firepower would be cool.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (Enjoii @ May 27 2009, 16:23)
There seems to be high demand for a silenced pistol and personally I think that it would be a good addition, and it would also fit with the style of the game. As a door guard for the clubs along with being a personal bodyguard and assistant to gay Tony, there may sometimes be a need for keeping quiet in certain scenarios.

It would make sense. Due to Luis being the Bouncer, thats why I think some sort of Baton, or Cosh, would make sense, as Bouncers these days seem to carry them as standard. You'd just swipe it out, smack them in the kneecap, and then belt them over the head, whereas the pool cue in TLAD was basically just a reskinned baseball bat that did nothing new.

Matt21
  • Matt21

Gimme your wallet

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 05:01 PM

chainsaw lol it probably wont be placed in but i'd pay to see it in action

-Chewy-
  • -Chewy-

Chewing all day long

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:22 PM

steel pipe alien.gif it'd be awesome biggrin.gif

Rucke
  • Rucke

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:54 PM

Chainsaw, please R*. I had so much fun with that weapon during the GTA III era.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:00 AM

Here are some weapons that may not work out well.

Chainsaw - Since it uses a rotating chain it may be buggy with the Euphoria physics engine.

Flamethrower - This game relies heavily on the cover system and a flamethrower would be pretty much useless unless the enemy gets close to you.

Minigun - Firing one of these in full auto over your head while taking cover may not work well or just look a bit too odd.

The dual weapons would work however. In SR2 there was a fine aim which is a shoulder level aiming like in GTA IV, and still they were able to work out shooting dual wielded weapons while in fine aim.

keithmii2
  • keithmii2

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:34 AM

I'd like to see some new, interesting melee weapons with specific animations for Luis. A silenced pistol would be a cool gun as long as it is less susceptible to bring wanted attention. As far as the progression of weapons, we've seen a rocket launcher, grenade launcher, and following the progression of the weapons, maybe next a rock launcher? Maybe we'll get a host of gay weapons since that is the theme of the next DLC. Maybe a water gun?

What would be cool is a paintballing activity to do. Maybe at the golf course there could be a course setup, possibly with different layouts to keep things fresh. And also have the building enterable for an in-door court. That would be a fun use of the cover system and give us the ability to shoot people without worry.

Vile Member
  • Vile Member

fuk off lahey

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2009 - 04:27 AM

I would like to see a Minigun, Flamethrower, and an Uzi

a_huge_rooster
  • a_huge_rooster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 May 2009 - 05:47 AM

The minigun, and flamethrower are both very improbable. GTA IV makes attempts at realism and nothing is less realistic than an average man wielding a 200 pound minigun with enough recoil to dislocate both shoulders and his face.

The flamethrower would also be pretty ridiculous. I'm pretty sure they don't even use flamethrowers in the military anymore, let alone in the streets of New York. And don't forget the 20 pounds of fuel you'd have to carry on your back. Sure, they had flamethrowers in past GTAs, but those didn't really try to be realistic, unlike GTA IV. Plus, except for the flamethrower in GTA III, it was never based on any existing flamethrower in real life. It was just made up to be convenient. I just don't think they would fit into the existing game well at all.

The chainsaw is kind of in the same vein, but isn't as ridiculous looking and much more probable.

batik89
  • batik89

Old-timer

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 May 2009 - 05:54 AM

I really want Uzi.
Uzi that used by Major McCoy in The Delta Force.

user posted image

Rachinator
  • Rachinator

GTAV Here we come!

• Members

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:56 AM

The major problem I had in GTASA was when you got the skill for dual wielding weapons, you could never hold 1 weapon of that class again. Sometimes the feeling of taking a long time to kill someone with a weak pistol is good. If in the Next GTA game or in this DLC, they gave the option for dual wielding weapons, it should be a separate class of weapon. Like at stores there's the single weapon on the rack, and while looking at it you hit a button and it switches to the option to buy dual wields of the same weapon but obviously it costs double. If they implemented something along those lines, I'd support Duals, but if forced to make the choice, I'd stay with a single weapon.

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

On a drug called Martin Sheen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:25 AM

If I could pick one, it'd have to be the Silenced Pistol.

Dwight Schrute
  • Dwight Schrute

Angels of Death MC Vice President (PC)

• Members

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:50 AM

Bring back the flamethrower.

And also, would like to see some Ninja Stars and nunchuckers.

Mafioso86
  • Mafioso86

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:46 PM

user posted image

Matt21
  • Matt21

Gimme your wallet

• Members

Posted 29 May 2009 - 06:58 AM

QUOTE (Mafioso86 @ May 28 2009, 21:46)
user posted image

you wanna see tommy vercetti ?

MarshDanni
  • MarshDanni

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 29 May 2009 - 08:31 AM

No he wanna see M16

imthatkiwiguy
  • imthatkiwiguy

*#%&^#^&**%$#%^%

• Members

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:46 AM

I'd like to see the chainsaw but only if you could cut limbs off.

WhatsPoppin
  • WhatsPoppin

Spreading peace and friendship wherever I post

• Members

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:56 AM

I would like to see the Revolver in this because that weapon has killed may antagonists in my GTAs

Sonny Forelli
Lance Vance
Mendez Bros
Sgt. Martinez

All killed because of the awesomeness of the revolver

Out of the selection of ridiculous weapons i think the chainsaw would work the best because you could spawn them at construction sites to account for realism it was satifactory to blow people apart with the chainsaw in CTW so it should be 3x the fun in IV

If i could choose one over the top weapon it would be an M60 though with realistic ammo limits it would be sorta lame

P.S. Cant the people with PC gta iv make a makeshift minigun by using the Annihilator gun

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 30 May 2009 - 01:23 AM

QUOTE (MarshDanni @ May 29 2009, 02:31)
No he wanna see M16

That's a M60. A M16 is pretty much an earlier model of the M4 and is a little larger than the M4.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users