Quantcast

» «
Photo

Who's Excited about Episodes From Liberty City?

53 replies to this topic
Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:16 PM

Alot of people seem to be very excited about The Ballad of Gay Tony but I for one am Looking forward to having the two Episodes of Downloadable Content on one disc. Mainly because I can rent it out to make some money!! (Just Kidding) (not really kidding)

So who's with Me??

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

The Droogs, Finally real rapists on the scene.

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:19 PM

Me, it will be a nice little collectors item and would serve well as you wont have to download it and have a lot of valuable space from your HDD taken up.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:22 PM

Why did this get moved?? It's a tottally seperate to the Ballad Of Gay Tony!!

Like that game is only part of it... Move it back please

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:23 PM

It would serve as a nice collection item but as I downloaded the first episode I will likely just download the second.

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

The Droogs, Finally real rapists on the scene.

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:24 PM

Why do you care that it has been moved? wouldn't you rather have it here? activity is booming.

RJX74
  • RJX74

United We Stand; Together, We Fall

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:26 PM

Someone should make some artwork for the cover. biggrin.gif

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE (Pr0xy_fl00d3r @ May 26 2009, 22:24)
Why do you care that it has been moved? wouldn't you rather have it here? activity is booming.

It is now but I think it will be seen by more people in the general thread... I could be wrong though. And it's more suited to the GTA IV thread in my view because it contains two Episodes and not just one... Like If it it belongs here then why not in the TLAD section??

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:27 PM

Wait, both episodes on a disc so you can play them as a game? Sounds good if I'm getting the right end of the stick, when was that announced?

Chunk
  • Chunk

Gangsta

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE (Enjoii @ May 26 2009, 22:23)
It would serve as a nice collection item but as I downloaded the first episode I will likely just download the second.

Yeah, this could be a problem. People could have already downloaded one DLC, so they would probably just dowload the second rather than going out and buying a disc with the DLC they already have on it.

Versityle
  • Versityle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (Enjoii @ May 26 2009, 22:23)

Yeah I'm with you Enjoii, I have the retail box of the TLAD code and I kind of like having that box to put with the rest of my game libary to say that I have this game as well as GTA IV and so I would want to be recuprical and do the same with TBOGT. As much as it is good for it to come out on disc for those you don't have XBox Live (or even GTA IV if that was the case) then it's perfect and I would be curious to know how the loading screen of the disc would flow and if there'd be a menu screen and such but I'm likely to just download it like I did with TLAD.

I keep having to borrow my cousin's Xbox and temporily switch my Ps3 with him in order to play these games so if the rumors of the 6 month exclusivity is true hopefully it'll come out on disc for the Ps3 as well for those who missed out on a great GTA experience.

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (Masterkraft @ May 26 2009, 23:27)
Wait, both episodes on a disc so you can play them as a game? Sounds good if I'm getting the right end of the stick, when was that announced?

It's was part of the same announcement that this whole thing was from.
More info.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (Masterkraft @ May 26 2009, 22:27)

Just today... Here's a link to the page on the Rockstar Website: http://www.rockstarg.../IV/#?page=news (click news at the bottom of the page)

It also gives information on TBOGT

General Goose
  • General Goose

Because Jeb Bush is all in my house with disease.

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:31 PM

Well, considering it isn't DLC, maybe PS3 owners could get it?

Forgive me if mentioned before.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (General Goose @ May 26 2009, 22:31)

No it's only for Xbox it just means that you don't have to Download it and use up space on your Harddrive that can be used for other stuff.

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (General Goose @ May 26 2009, 23:31)

It is DLC, but they're releasing both DLC episodes on a disc as a sort of collectors item. Plus it's still one of the exclusive episodes.

VickeX
  • VickeX

The GermanScientist

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (General Goose @ May 26 2009, 22:31)

It's still exclusive, gah!

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:48 PM

I wonder how this will work though like will things from the DLCs still be available in Vanilla?? I cant see how they could be whereas it would be simply for this to happen if the episodes were downloaded.

Maybe they wont be and they'll give the people who buy EFLC some exclusive goodies to make up 4 it.

brandrixco
  • brandrixco

I'm the GTA V protagonist BIATCH!

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ May 26 2009, 22:48)
I wonder how this will work though like will things from the DLCs still be available in Vanilla?? I cant see how they could be whereas it would be simply for this to happen if the episodes were downloaded.

Maybe they wont be and they'll give the people who buy EFLC some exclusive goodies to make up 4 it.

Yep

ChrisAndy
  • ChrisAndy

Playa

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:09 PM

My thing is that I have a slow connection so it took me something like 3+ hours to download Lost and Damned. It would be a lot easier for me just to buy the disc the day it comes out (likely a Tuesday I guess) but I already own The Lost and Damned so I don't know why I would.

Didn't think about renting it though. Whoever said that is smart. The only thing is renting a game, usually, costs $8.65 so you could just pay double that and not have to restrict yourself to playing it for 5 days or whatever.

Stuff added in the DLC has not appeared in vanilla GTA and I don't expect it will. As Niko you can listen to the new music on the stations but can't use ZiT! to track the songs. If I remember correctly R* said the weapons and bikes didn't make sense because they should only exist in Johnny's world and it would probably be a little complex to port the stuff over exclusively for people who bought the DLC. Who knows though-it would be great to use the auto 9mm or street sweeper as Niko. I guess someone modded the PC version so that you can download the weapons..?

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:18 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 28 May 2009 - 11:24 PM.

QUOTE (ChrisAndy @ May 26 2009, 23:09)
My thing is that I have a slow connection so it took me something like 3+ hours to download Lost and Damned. It would be a lot easier for me just to buy the disc the day it comes out (likely a Tuesday I guess) but I already own The Lost and Damned so I don't know why I would.

Didn't think about renting it though. Whoever said that is smart. The only thing is renting a game, usually, costs $8.65 so you could just pay double that and not have to restrict yourself to playing it for 5 days or whatever.

Stuff added in the DLC has not appeared in vanilla GTA and I don't expect it will. As Niko you can listen to the new music on the stations but can't use ZiT! to track the songs. If I remember correctly R* said the weapons and bikes didn't make sense because they should only exist in Johnny's world and it would probably be a little complex to port the stuff over exclusively for people who bought the DLC. Who knows though-it would be great to use the auto 9mm or street sweeper as Niko. I guess someone modded the PC version so that you can download the weapons..?

Yeah I was talking about the music. Maybe they will include a code with EFLC for Xbox Live whereby you can download the music to your hard drive and listen to it as Niko.

ChrisAndy
  • ChrisAndy

Playa

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ May 26 2009, 23:18)

Yeah I was talking about the music. Maybe they will include a code with EFLC for Xbox Live whereby you can donload the music to your hard drive and listen to it as Niko.

Music--that's an interesting topic! I think we'll see more Fusion FM, San Juan, and Electro-choc. I liked some of the music additions to Lost and Damned but I never listened to LCHC and I don't think Johnny is the kind of person who would either. I'm hoping we get some cool new tracks.. I don't know if you've noticed this but if you try to ZiT! (it's added in your phonebook now, apparently) the new music from TLAD in vanilla GTA IV Lazlow can't identify it.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (ChrisAndy @ May 26 2009, 23:31)
QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ May 26 2009, 23:18)

Yeah I was talking about the music. Maybe they will include a code with EFLC for Xbox Live whereby you can donload the music to your hard drive and listen to it as Niko.

Music--that's an interesting topic! I think we'll see more Fusion FM, San Juan, and Electro-choc. I liked some of the music additions to Lost and Damned but I never listened to LCHC and I don't think Johnny is the kind of person who would either. I'm hoping we get some cool new tracks.. I don't know if you've noticed this but if you try to ZiT! (it's added in your phonebook now, apparently) the new music from TLAD in vanilla GTA IV Lazlow can't identify it.

There's already a topic about that here.

violetblood
  • violetblood

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:39 PM

I HATE HOMOSEXUALS!
gosh... worst name for a gta game, EVER!

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (violetblood @ May 26 2009, 23:39)
I HATE HOMOSEXUALS!

I hate when people get warnings from the moderator happy.gif

VickeX
  • VickeX

The GermanScientist

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:49 PM

I HATE HOMOSEXUALS!

Seriously what's wrong with you?

First of all it's just a title, and secondly, it's not at all that bad. It's just epic. It's a really good title.

"The ballad of" and then his name. And not just Tony Prince, but the name most know him as. It makes the title stand out more, and be abit funny at the same time...

"The Ballad Of Gay Tony"

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE (VickeX @ May 26 2009, 23:49)
I HATE HOMOSEXUALS!

Seriously what's wrong with you?

First of all it's just a title, and secondly, it's not at all that bad. It's just epic. It's a really good title.

"The ballad of" and then his name. And not just Tony Prince, but the name most know him as. It makes the title stand out more, and be abit funny at the same time...

"The Ballad Of Gay Tony"

So anyway... Back to the discussion at hand..

bobgtafan
  • bobgtafan

The last thing you never see

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:36 AM

I HATE HOMOSEXUALS!

wow your dumb. Anyway I want more episodes from Liberty which you know is going to happen.

zeppelincheetah
  • zeppelincheetah

Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 05:43 AM

i think i'll pass on the episodes disc. i'm just going to download TBOGT. the problem with that is the three games have to fight over game save slots. right now I only have one free slot for TBOGT.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:52 AM

I downloaded TLAD and it resides on my HDD, I had planned to just download the next one but I only have the 20GB HDD and its almost filled so I may get the Disc version which will hopefully be compatible with my current saves.

WhatsPoppin
  • WhatsPoppin

Spreading peace and friendship wherever I post

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:35 AM

This is where im gonna go. I'd rather have a nice box to place in my collection than on the Harddrive plus i can throw it on my christmas wishlist provided it does not get delayed nor do i have TLAD already and i dont got a connection so this works out EXCELLENT for me

I love Rockstar right about now

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users