Quantcast

» «
Photo

Fight club

58 replies to this topic
Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

The Droogs, Finally real rapists on the scene.

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:31 PM

Ive been thinking, since the release of The Lost & damned, there has been rumours of "Fight club" being involved in DLC #2, if you take a look at the thread Content cut out of the mission "Politics" you will find that there are game files that indicate something to do with "fight clubs" and it is known from the LCPD database that Luis is involved in underground fight clubs.

Can you see this being apart of BOGT?

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:32 PM

As a possible mini-game, maybe it could be, although I'm not sure how it would fit in with the whole glitz scene of the game.

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (Enjoii @ May 26 2009, 22:32)
As a possible mini-game, maybe it could be, although I'm not sure how it would fit in with the whole glitz scene of the game.

Tahts the thing, on the top will be the glitz and glamour of Gay Tonys night clubs, but maybe Luis runs his own thing, this revealing a grittier side to the story?

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (Enjoii @ May 26 2009, 22:32)

I'm sure BOGT will focus on both sides of the spectrum, considering the fact that Luis is, by trade, a Dominican drug dealer and Gay Tony is rumoured to be peniless. I don't think it's that far off believable.

This paragraph from the orginal articles explains what I mean:

Grand Theft Auto IV's second downloadable episode, The Ballad of Gay Tony injects Liberty City with an overdose of guns, glitz, and grime. As Luis Lopez, part-time hoodlum and full-time assistant to legendary nightclub impresario Tony Prince (aka "Gay Tony"), players will struggle with the competing loyalties of family and friends, and with the uncertainty about who is real and who is fake in a world in which everyone has a price.

brandrixco
  • brandrixco

I'm the GTA V protagonist BIATCH!

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:36 PM

Hope so

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:37 PM

Damn gotta go to work now, scheisse!

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (Jacky Fiend @ May 26 2009, 22:34)
I'm sure BOGT will focus on both sides of the spectrum, considering the fact that Luis is, by trade, a Dominican drug dealer and Gay Tony is rumoured to be peniless. I don't think it's that far off believable.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, there will likely also be focus on the more gritty side of the game to fit in with Luis's gritty, street gangster lifestyle.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (Pr0xy_fl00d3r @ May 26 2009, 21:31)
Ive been thinking, since the release of The Lost & damned, there has been rumours of "Fight club" being involved in DLC #2, if you take a look at the thread Content cut out of the mission "Politics" you will find that there are game files that indicate something to do with "fight clubs" and it is known from the LCPD database that Luis is involved in underground fight clubs.

Can you see this being apart of BOGT?

I was about to post exactly this. I will be VERY surprised if we don't see it in some way in BGT

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:57 PM

Fight club is almost as garanteed as Luis was before Todays announcement!!
It's gonna be epic... Especially in multiplayer with created characters!!

Chunk
  • Chunk

Gangsta

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:23 PM

But, saying there was fight clubs in single or multiplayer, where would they be?

I haven't got a clue myself, I keep thinking of The Hole in Bully. tounge.gif

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE (Chunk @ May 26 2009, 23:23)
But, saying there was fight clubs in single or multiplayer, where would they be?

They could be held in back-alleys. Perhaps even in a back alley behind one of Tony's nightclubs. Plus we don't know whether Luis is just a fighter, or actually organising the fights himself (which would also make sense for them to be held behind one of Tony's nightclubs).

El Zilcho
  • El Zilcho

Virtuoso

• The Connection
  • European-Union

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:29 PM

Underground car parks? I know one in Northwood where you do a random character missio for Jeff, not a bad place for fighting. But alleys sound good too.

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (Chunk @ May 26 2009, 23:23)

Under ground in one of the night clubs?

In one of those underused warehouses in the little bay/industrial area of Bohan?

Chunk
  • Chunk

Gangsta

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:31 PM

The warehouse idea seems pretty plausible actually.

I can imagine Luis beating the sh*t out of some poor bastard in one of those.

buffalosoulj4h20
  • buffalosoulj4h20

Teabaggin' the Teabaggers

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:34 PM

Imagine in multiplayer, 16 people all fighting each other. Hopefully the fighting mechanics will change and weapons like a pool cub and bat will be thrown in.

El Zilcho
  • El Zilcho

Virtuoso

• The Connection
  • European-Union

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:34 PM

This will probably mean some fantastic additions to the already badass melee counters, some combos that will play a larger role during the fighting.

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (buffalosoulj4h20 @ May 26 2009, 23:34)
Imagine in multiplayer, 16 people all fighting each other. Hopefully the fighting mechanics will change and weapons like a pool cub and bat will be thrown in.

I would prefer it to follow some of the rules of Fight Club, one fight at a time, although it would actually be interesting to have multiple people in a single fight.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:35 PM

Here's an interesting question: Do you think Luis will have his own fighting style or do you think he will use the same Krav Maga style utilized by both Niko and Johnny?

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:36 PM

I reckon they will be all over the place like races or Gang fights... Just go to the Fist icon and you reappear in a fight circle a la Def Jam Vendetta or The Circle of Death in Smackdown Vs Raw

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (Jacky Fiend @ May 26 2009, 23:35)
Here's an interesting question: Do you think Luis will have his own fighting style or do you think he will use the same Krav Maga style utilized by both Niko and Johnny?

I imagine that, especially because of his street gangster background, he will have his own nimble fighting stance and style.
Good question, thought of it myself just before I read this.

It's also likely that there will be several locations for the Fight Club mini-game, dotted around the city like Gang Wars.

El Zilcho
  • El Zilcho

Virtuoso

• The Connection
  • European-Union

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:39 PM

I can imagine the early, unarmed missions having more complexity and fun involved, like the mission where you punch the Albanian loan shark through that window in the Sprunk warehouse.

VickeX
  • VickeX

The GermanScientist

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:40 PM

Oh my god. If there will be fight clubs and they act as minigames, they should also make them multiplayer. If executed well this game (GTA IV + GTA IV: The Lost and Damned + GTA: The Ballad Of Gay Tony) could easily compete with any other game like undisputed 09 or Smackdown VS Raw or Fight Night Round X...

It's like 20 games in one. nervous.gif notify.gif

This is going to be awesome anyways.

italics560
  • italics560

Stormtrooper

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:42 PM

I think Fight Club is going to be one of the main things to do once you finished the game. But I would like them to revamp the combat system a little bit. Add things like throws and stuff. Things you would do in real life.

and also we need the ever so famous..........................wait for it.............................................. STUN PUNCH

VickeX
  • VickeX

The GermanScientist

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (italics560 @ May 26 2009, 23:42)
I think Fight Club is going to be one of the main things to do once you finished the game. But I would like them to revamp the combat system a little bit. Add things like throws and stuff. Things you would do in real life.

and also we need the ever so famous..........................wait for it.............................................. STUN PUNCH

Dude the mission in GTA IV where you learned the stun punch was cool. He just fell to the ground and then you took his car.

Grand Theft Auto. colgate.gif

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:03 PM

I'd rather have it one on one, maybe we will see some new counter moves or some sort of take down/grapple moves.

Knuckle dusters better be an addition.

Rick234
  • Rick234

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:22 PM

I think the intro of TLAD is a hint at a revamped fighting style for Luis (remember those two guys on the street strangling each other) maybe grappling will be involved now?

Also, didn't that 'content cut from politics' thing say something about skateboards?

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE (Rick234 @ May 27 2009, 13:22)
Also, didn't that 'content cut from politics' thing say something about skateboards?

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that! me might be in for more than we can chew here.

eastcoastboy17
  • eastcoastboy17

American badass

• Members

Posted 19 August 2009 - 01:45 AM Edited by eastcoastboy17, 19 August 2009 - 01:51 AM.

This is what i think rockstar will do for the fight clubs first of all i think they will be all over the city much like the gang wars was on lost and damned and maybe rockstar will bring back gyms so we can train and learn some combat moves and i think they will add a whole bunch of melee weapons too for combat but this is just my speculation anyone else wonder how the fight clubs will work out?

OG360
  • OG360

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 August 2009 - 03:16 AM

i agree! i saw a gym in dukes, it be cool if they opened it, and box or lift weights cool.gif

the_south_park_kid
  • the_south_park_kid

gtalegend

• Members

Posted 19 August 2009 - 03:20 AM

i think Rockstar should return the gym so you can build muscle and stamina and maybe open up a martial arts dojo so you can learn like jiu jitsu or something

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users