Quantcast

» «
Photo

Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
144 replies to this topic
Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE (Squirtle @ May 27 2009, 02:19)
Xbox 360 only?

oh well..I'll put my IV back in the bin.

Yeah, it's the second of the two exclusive episodic content packs to the Xbox 360. This was known even before the announcement yesterday was made.

VickeX
  • VickeX

The GermanScientist

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:47 PM Edited by VickeX, 27 May 2009 - 08:54 PM.

QUOTE (4thosebout2rock @ May 27 2009, 20:27)
My mates and I cant take this for real.

Why? The title is not stupid. It's obvious.
And it's not gay. It's just logic. The guy the story is mainly going to circulate around has been known as Gay Tony ever since GTA IV and TLAD. And from all the speculation before the title announcement came out, you know the "Impossible Trinity-theory" we bascially knew this before.

They wouldn't make a gang-based DLC because that was TLAD's task. They wouldn't make the low life like Niko had. As everybody expected they would make the high end life comming from Luis living in Algonquin and working for the rich Gay Tony.

The title isn't "gay" just because the word gay is in it. It makes the title a bit funny, and really standing out from other titles (from what i know biggrin.gif ) and it's just really obvious.

I think it's really weird that people thing they are... or hope they are pulling a prank on us. Why would they? They have waited long enough to give this info out, as they (rockstar that is) knew we had this Impossible Trinity theory going, and that it was growing stronger everyday, and that it almost was everything but confirmed. This was the right time to release some info.

By the way, i saw someone writing "of all the days they pick today to release the info, that's stupid". WTF was that? Was it a bad day yesterday?

Edit: I'm getting so irritated at the people that act like "wooow i didn't know that the episodes wouldn't come to PS3 and PC... f*ck ROCKSTAR"... Seriously.

The exclusivity was revealed AT THE SAME TIME that the game itself was announced for the first time.

http://www.dailymoti...ce-at-e3_events

buffalosoulj4h20
  • buffalosoulj4h20

Teabaggin' the Teabaggers

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (VickeX @ May 27 2009, 20:47)
QUOTE (4thosebout2rock @ May 27 2009, 20:27)
My mates and I cant take this for real.

Why? The title is not stupid. It's obvious.
And it's not gay. It's just logic. The guy the story is mainly going to circulate around has been known as Gay Tony ever since GTA IV and TLAD. And from all the speculation before the title announcement came out, you know the "Impossible Trinity-theory" we bascially knew this before.

They wouldn't make a gang-based DLC because that was TLAD's task. They wouldn't make the low life like Niko had. As everybody expected they would make the high end life comming from Luis living in Algonquin and working for the rich Gay Tony.

The title isn't "gay" just because the word gay is in it. It makes the title a bit funny, and really standing out from other titles (from what i know biggrin.gif ) and it's just really obvious.

I think it's really weird that people thing they are... or hope they are pulling a prank on us. Why would they? They have waited long enough to give this info out, as they (rockstar that is) knew we had this Impossible Trinity theory going, and that it was growing stronger everyday, and that it almost was everything but confirmed. This was the right time to release some info.

By the way, i saw someone writing "of all the days they pick today to release the info, that's stupid". WTF was that? Was it a bad day yesterday?

Edit: I'm getting so irritated at the people that act like "wooow i didn't know that the episodes wouldn't come to PS3 and PC... f*ck ROCKSTAR"... Seriously.

The exclusivity was revealed AT THE SAME TIME that the game itself was announced for the first time.

http://www.dailymoti...ce-at-e3_events

I think the guy who was talking about it being a bad day might be talking about the overturn of Prop 8 in California. Prop 8 being gay marriage. Other than that idk.

Pierre grove
  • Pierre grove

Vercetti Gang

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:57 PM

Hey would it be possible for sony to make gta 5 exclusive to ps3. If that happened micosoft face would be dirty! Hey who am i kidding that would cost a fortune.

GuruAskew
  • GuruAskew

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:04 PM

Hey would it be possible for sony to make gta 5 exclusive to ps3. If that happened micosoft face would be dirty! Hey who am i kidding that would cost a fortune.

It's possible but you can't help but look at the DLC situation and see it's not really in the cards.

If it took $50 million for Microsoft to secure two DLC episodes it would easily take more than $100 million to secure a full-blown GTA game.

Add to that the obvious and apparent assumption that $50 million was too much for Sony and you have a possible situation that is very unlikely.

Nico Bellic
  • Nico Bellic

Well...Since you've put it that way...i'm in.

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:12 PM

R* WILL make the DLC for the PS3 and PC,remember my words...its just not logical and it would be really stupid if they do not do this...there are parts of the story which the ps3 or pc gamers must play to understand the whole story,and yes i know most of them already know the Tlad part in the whole picture but like i sad R* are not gonna let the ps3 and pc gamers down,they will release it for all fans of the game

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE (Nico Bellic @ May 27 2009, 23:12)
R* WILL make the DLC for the PS3 and PC,remember my words...its just not logical and it would be really stupid if they do not do this...

Yes, because going against a $50 million contract and facing the chance of being sued for even more money is stupid. sarcasm.gif

mmm chocolate
  • mmm chocolate

BLAINE COUNTY

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:15 PM

my guess is that this episode will destroy all others and be well worth the wait.

I have a feeling that the end of TLAD was depressing for a reason.

...anyone remember the EMPIRE STRIKES BACK?

..when you have a trilogy, the 2nd story is usually the bad guys coming out on top...and the 3rd story is the hero winning....a.k.a.....lots of good stuff in-game.

just wait....it'll happen.

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (Nico Bellic @ May 27 2009, 23:12)
R* WILL make the DLC for the PS3 and PC,remember my words...its just not logical and it would be really stupid if they do not do this...there are parts of the story which the ps3 or pc gamers must play to understand the whole story,and yes i know most of them already know the Tlad part in the whole picture but like i sad R* are not gonna let the ps3 and pc gamers down,they will release it for all fans of the game

Do you have any evidence to back up these claims?
Because there is plenty of evidence to support the fact that these episodes are Xbox 360 exclusive, including a $50 million contract. There was a rumour while ago that the Lost and Damned would be ported to PS3, but one party involved in the contract have already spoken against that rumour.

Pierre grove
  • Pierre grove

Vercetti Gang

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE (Nico Bellic @ May 27 2009, 22:12)

I know Rockstar will not let us down. Selling dlc content to a hardware failing system,Not trying to start a flame but the 360 kind of fragile.

GuruAskew
  • GuruAskew

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:29 PM

It is logical to leave PS3 owners out in the cold.

Let's say some crazy millionaire paid you $1,000,000 a year for the rest of your life to deliver his newspaper to him and him alone.

Would you say "no, sir, if I did that I would lose all my other customers?" Hell no, you'd take the money and run.

Microsoft offered Rockstar a chunk of money that was obviously more money than they stood to earn by developing DLC for PS3.

Now, the Xbox 360 version of GTAIV outsold the PS3 version 2:1 but for the sake of argument let's go to an alternate universe where the playing field was level and GTAIV sold equal copies on both consoles.

Then let's say that there are half a million Sony owners who would buy the content (which would be roughly the same percentage of 360 owners who bought it) and together you have 1.5 million DLC sales.

Now, since for the sake of argument those 1.5 million DLC sales are split evenly (and again, this is being generous to the PS3, the PS3 sales would not even be this high) you have 750,000 PS3 downloads in the cards.

At $20 a pop you have $15 million per DLC episode. Now some PS3 dork is gonna chime in here and say "but TLaD didn't sell as many copies as expected!" but again I was very generous with my (admittedly-rough) comparative PS3 sales and ultimately you're still looking at a combined chunk of change for both DLC episodes on PS3 that is in the $30 million territory.

Now, it goes without saying that both Rockstar and Microsoft had a bunch of accountants and industry analysts doing calculations and projections that are FAR more accurate and complicated than what I just did above but it certainly gives you a ballpark idea of what kind of money Sony DLC would bring in.

So, whether my $30,000,000 estimate is $10 million high or $10 million low getting $50 million from Microsoft to deprive Sony users of the content is appealing no matter how you look at it.

Microsoft essentially went to Rockstar and said "you can make X amount of money by making this content for both of us or you can give you X amount of money plus Y to make it just for us" and like it or not they made the deal with Microsoft.

Basically they took a situation that would have been "win for Rockstar, win for Microsoft, win for Sony" and turned it into "WIN for Rockstar, WIN for Microsoft, and lose for Sony". Rockstar gets their chunk of change, Microsoft gets a lot more people buying their console and Sony gets to cry in the corner. That's business and thems the breaks.

buffalosoulj4h20
  • buffalosoulj4h20

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:30 PM

50 mill is too much for Sony? What crackpipe are you on? They passed the DLC because they didnt want to exclude people. Remember Rstar asked them first. Sony knows how big GTA is but they didn't want other gamers to feel left out. However, in this business you shouldn't give a f*ck, because people will buy hardware just because it has something exclusive.

GuruAskew
  • GuruAskew

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:32 PM

50 mill is too much for Sony? What crackpipe are you on? They passed the DLC because they didnt want to exclude people. Remember Rstar asked them first. Sony knows how big GTA is but they didn't want other gamers to feel left out. However, in this business you shouldn't give a f*ck, because people will buy hardware just because it has something exclusive.

Where the f*ck did you come up with this nonsense?

I mean, you're saying that Sony didn't want Xbox owners to feel left out so they passed on DLC which left THEIR users out in the cold?

You can't possibly be that stupid.

But yeah, I'd like to see you try to back this insane sh*t up.

buffalosoulj4h20
  • buffalosoulj4h20

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (GuruAskew @ May 27 2009, 22:32)

Where the f*ck did you come up with this nonsense?

I mean, you're saying that Sony didn't want Xbox owners to feel left out so they passed on DLC which left THEIR users out in the cold?

You can't possibly be that stupid.

But yeah, I'd like to see you try to back this insane sh*t up.

I'm not a Xbox cocksucker like you that has every link made by MS. I know I read that on this forum and in a link. Rstar asked Sony if they would do it and they refused it.

NikoGTA4
  • NikoGTA4

Ringolo

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:36 PM

Luis lives in Northwood. Also, i've found a place that looks like a good place to be a safehouse.

GuruAskew
  • GuruAskew

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:36 PM

I'm not a Xbox cocksucker like you that has every link made by MS. I know I read that on this forum and in a link. Rstar asked Sony if they would do it and they refused it.

OK so we'll all just have to take your word for it.

Yeah, that's gonna happen.

Because "I ttly red itt on a forumz lol" is so credible.

Seriously though. I am shocked by how stupid the whole concept is. If Sony refused it it was because they couldn't afford it. They want exclusive content to make their own console appealing just like Microsoft does, it's just that Microsoft has a lot more money to make that happen.

buffalosoulj4h20
  • buffalosoulj4h20

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (GuruAskew @ May 27 2009, 22:36)
OK so we'll all just have to take your word for it.

Yeah, that's gonna happen.

Because "I ttly red itt on a forumz lol" is so credible.

I'm looking for the link as we speak, dumbass. It's buried with all the rumors that it's coming on the Ps3.

GuruAskew
  • GuruAskew

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:46 PM

I'm looking for the link as we speak, dumbass. It's buried with all the rumors that it's coming on the Ps3.

Well good luck to you. You're gonna be looking for a long time.

Also, I just want to say that every time I see your Bob Marley avatar and your Jamaican flag I can't help but picture you as a 14-year-old white kid from Wisconsin.

VCRules86
  • VCRules86

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (GuruAskew @ May 27 2009, 22:29)

It is logical to leave PS3 owners out in the cold.

Let's say some crazy millionaire paid you $1,000,000 a year for the rest of your life to deliver his newspaper to him and him alone.

Would you say "no, sir, if I did that I would lose all my other customers?" Hell no, you'd take the money and run.

Microsoft offered Rockstar a chunk of money that was obviously more money than they stood to earn by developing DLC for PS3.

Now, the Xbox 360 version of GTAIV outsold the PS3 version 2:1 but for the sake of argument let's go to an alternate universe where the playing field was level and GTAIV sold equal copies on both consoles.

Then let's say that there are half a million Sony owners who would buy the content (which would be roughly the same percentage of 360 owners who bought it) and together you have 1.5 million DLC sales.

Now, since for the sake of argument those 1.5 million DLC sales are split evenly (and again, this is being generous to the PS3, the PS3 sales would not even be this high) you have 750,000 PS3 downloads in the cards.

At $20 a pop you have $15 million per DLC episode. Now some PS3 dork is gonna chime in here and say "but TLaD didn't sell as many copies as expected!" but again I was very generous with my (admittedly-rough) comparative PS3 sales and ultimately you're still looking at a combined chunk of change for both DLC episodes on PS3 that is in the $30 million territory.

Now, it goes without saying that both Rockstar and Microsoft had a bunch of accountants and industry analysts doing calculations and projections that are FAR more accurate and complicated than what I just did above but it certainly gives you a ballpark idea of what kind of money Sony DLC would bring in.

So, whether my $30,000,000 estimate is $10 million high or $10 million low getting $50 million from Microsoft to deprive Sony users of the content is appealing no matter how you look at it.

Microsoft essentially went to Rockstar and said "you can make X amount of money by making this content for both of us or you can give you X amount of money plus Y to make it just for us" and like it or not they made the deal with Microsoft.

Basically they took a situation that would have been "win for Rockstar, win for Microsoft, win for Sony" and turned it into "WIN for Rockstar, WIN for Microsoft, and lose for Sony". Rockstar gets their chunk of change, Microsoft gets a lot more people buying their console and Sony gets to cry in the corner. That's business and thems the breaks.

This dude seems to have it down pat.

Good argument biggrin.gif

buffalosoulj4h20
  • buffalosoulj4h20

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:59 PM Edited by buffalosoulj4h20, 27 May 2009 - 11:07 PM.

QUOTE (GuruAskew @ May 27 2009, 22:46)

Well good luck to you. You're gonna be looking for a long time.

Also, I just want to say that every time I see your Bob Marley avatar and your Jamaican flag I can't help but picture you as a 14-year-old white kid from Wisconsin.

Keep masterbating to that kid because I'm half Jamaican and half Haitian and a Bob Marley Fan living in the Bronx of New York. But I'll add that everytime I see your posts, I know it's a fat little kid who touches his 360 before he goes to bed at 9 dreaming one day of sucking Bill Gates balls.

VickeX
  • VickeX

The GermanScientist

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (buffalosoulj4h20 @ May 27 2009, 22:30)

No. What i heard and what is more likely the truth is that Sony just didn't give a crap about the DLC. Or at least as MS payed 50 Million bucks they wouldn't pay more because they didn't care enough. It has made PS3 owners mad at Sony aswell. It's not just MS you guys.

GuruAskew
  • GuruAskew

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:00 PM

Keep masterbating to that kid because I'm half Jamaican and half Haitian and a Bob Marley Fan living in the Bronx of New York.

Translation: I bought Bob Marley's Greatest Hits at Best Buy.

Tubbs
  • Tubbs

Weapon of Mass Distraction

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:03 PM

I think eventually the PS3 will get the DLC, that's assuming the Xbox exclusivety is temporary. But who knows? It's pointless arguing over something that's been debated millions of times before without a definitive answer.

GuruAskew
  • GuruAskew

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:04 PM

I think eventually the PS3 will get the DLC, that's assuming the Xbox exclusivety is temporary. But who knows? It's pointless arguing over something that's been debated millions of times before without a definitive answer.

Yeah, and this is called "wishful thinking".

Rockstar and their big pile of Microsoft's cash says otherwise.

Ottae
  • Ottae

(/'ɒteɪ/)

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:08 PM

Well that went well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users