Quantcast

» «
Photo

Did any buy a DS just for CTW?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
78 replies to this topic

Poll: Did any buy a DS just for CTW? (192 member(s) have cast votes)

Did any buy a DS just for CTW?

1. Yes (47 votes [29.01%])

Percentage of vote: 29.01%

2. No (115 votes [70.99%])

Percentage of vote: 70.99%

Vote
DannyLee94
  • DannyLee94

Trick

• Members

Posted 11 March 2010 - 05:29 PM

No.

I bought a PSP with Chinatown Wars as well as other games like Killzone, Arctic Edge, God of War: COO and Ratchet and Clank: SM.

All of which are very good games.

I find it quite sad that some people will pay out for a DS just for one game, there's better things to do.

Tsuroki
  • Tsuroki

Gone Fishin'

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:22 PM

I didn't buy a DS for CTW, I bought one for Pokémon Pearl. wink.gif I'm looking to get rid of it now (both the DS and the games), and instead get my hands on CTW for the iPhone.

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (DannyLee94 @ Mar 11 2010, 17:29)
No.

I bought a PSP with Chinatown Wars as well as other games like Killzone, Arctic Edge, God of War: COO and Ratchet and Clank: SM.

I find it quite sad that some people will pay out for a DS just for one game, there's better things to do.

The DS version is better than the PSP version.
I have both and the PSP version looked great, but the minigames didn't have the same feel.

DannyLee94
  • DannyLee94

Trick

• Members

Posted 12 March 2010 - 07:53 AM

QUOTE (d0mm2k8 @ Mar 11 2010, 23:33)
QUOTE (DannyLee94 @ Mar 11 2010, 17:29)
No.

The DS version is better than the PSP version.
I have both and the PSP version looked great, but the minigames didn't have the same feel.

You cant just say the DS version IS better than the PSP version, in fact most game sites that reviewed both versions actually say that the PSP version IS better, and for some very reasonably reasons:

- Better and clearer audio (both radio and effects)
- Better graphics (higher resolution)
- Extra mission content
- Clearer day-to-night visuals
- Stand-out lighting, especially at nighttime
- Although mini games dont have the same effect, it isnt a bad drawback in the game
- Wider screen lends itself nicely to the game
- Car controls are much easier with analog nub
- Increased radio content

I think thats more than enough reason to go for the PSP version first.

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

Just one of those days...

• Members

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:11 AM

I personally find that controls are better on the DS version, and because gameplay > graphics, the DS version is better for me. (The analog nub is just horrible for controlling almost everything.) Also, the wide screen actually doesn't do much for the game because of the top down view. Wide screen is supposed to simulate the view of our own eyes. Only games that use first of low 3rd person views really need the wide screen. A tall screen would have been better for this game. Also, the dual displays actually lend themselves for this style of gaming better than wide screen. Having the map and HUD on a different display allow for much more freedom in the styling. Because of that, you also can't just say the PSP version is better than the DS version.

Really all 3 versions are great. But each has a downside or two:
  • DS has best controls, but lacks in graphics and extra missions.
  • PSP has best graphics, but lacks in controls and difficulty.
  • iPhone has all the benefits of the PSP version, but lacks real buttons, multiplayer, and social club features.

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:43 PM

CTW is sh*tty on the DS, PSP is better.
and if i will buy one of these consoles is only PSP, and not for CTW. for God of War Chains Of Olympus

DannyLee94
  • DannyLee94

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 March 2010 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE (Kratos2000 @ Mar 17 2010, 14:43)
CTW is sh*tty on the DS, PSP is better.
and if i will buy one of these consoles is only PSP, and not for CTW. for God of War Chains Of Olympus

PSP is possibly slightly better for CTW, but both are in the same league. I have God of War: Chains of Olympus, and it is nowhere near as good as Chinatown Wars. CTW has a far better replay value than GOW, and a much bigger variety of gameplay features.

Kratos2000: Why do you post on this forum if you are very rarely interested in complementing the game, if you dont like the game, dont post, simple.

RICHM7
  • RICHM7

Ghost Of Death

• Members

Posted 18 March 2010 - 01:36 AM

kratos2000:WTF! this gtaforums website is only, i repeat, only for gta games. why the f*ck are you bringing up games that are not even related to the god damn gta games. if you so obsessed with god of war why dont you just go to another website that only talks about god of war.dont f*cking come here and talk sh*t. this is why i added this topic for you only. ive seen you talk so much about god of war and so little about ctw. mad.gif

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2011 - 02:29 AM

I guess i kind of did, i had already had a D.S but it broke, and CW pushed me to getting another DS

kailomonkey
  • kailomonkey

Gunman of Fort Carson

• Members

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:04 PM

I voted yes because if I had the money I would have by now. I'm trying to find out now if the PSP is as fun as the DS version, wondering if you lose the bottom screen games... Since I have the other 2 PSP games on PS2 and the next games will probably be on PSP2, it may still be worth me getting the DS. Sure I'd find some other games to make it worth it...

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

• Members

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE (kailomonkey @ Feb 15 2011, 16:04)
I voted yes because if I had the money I would have by now. I'm trying to find out now if the PSP is as fun as the DS version, wondering if you lose the bottom screen games... Since I have the other 2 PSP games on PS2 and the next games will probably be on PSP2, it may still be worth me getting the DS. Sure I'd find some other games to make it worth it...

I'd say wait til march, and either get a 3DS, or get a DSi at the cheaper price when all the prices drop.

You don't miss out on the minigames persay, they are still there, it just changes how they are done. Like the hotwire thing is now done with the analog nub and the shoulder buttons.

kailomonkey
  • kailomonkey

Gunman of Fort Carson

• Members

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE (jnzooger @ Feb 15 2011, 17:07)
QUOTE (kailomonkey @ Feb 15 2011, 16:04)

I'd say wait til march, and either get a 3DS, or get a DSi at the cheaper price when all the prices drop.

You don't miss out on the minigames persay, they are still there, it just changes how they are done. Like the hotwire thing is now done with the analog nub and the shoulder buttons.

Yea using the pen looks more fun tounge.gif I watched a video comparing the two versions and the PSP brings the minigames onto the screen from the side and the way things move appears simplified, almost automatic. The game for PSP looks more realistic and "gritty" with more in common with GTA IV but the cartoony edge of the DS version kinda appears more fun. Also it's considered quite an amazing feat that they fit everything they did on a little DS disk...

3DS was what I was thinking yea, hopefully some good titles will come out for it...

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

• Members

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE (kailomonkey @ Feb 16 2011, 13:38)
3DS was what I was thinking yea, hopefully some good titles will come out for it...

How about every GB/GBC/GBA game? (And possibly Virtual Boy)

3DS is going to have a Virtual Console just like the Wii, but for handheld titles.

kailomonkey
  • kailomonkey

Gunman of Fort Carson

• Members

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (jnzooger @ Feb 16 2011, 16:06)
QUOTE (kailomonkey @ Feb 16 2011, 13:38)

How about every GB/GBC/GBA game? (And possibly Virtual Boy)

3DS is going to have a Virtual Console just like the Wii, but for handheld titles.

Yar then I could get the GBA title too biggrin.gif think it's GBA

Skander44
  • Skander44

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

LOL, i already had a DSI since 2003, My parents bought it before i was even borned, when i was 2yrs i could play my DSI.
Anyhoo i got this game on DSI,

Skander44
  • Skander44

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (Skander44 @ Saturday, Jan 26 2013, 21:53)
LOL, i already had a DSI since 2003, My parents bought it before i was even borned, when i was 2yrs i could play my DSI.
Anyhoo i got this game on DSI,

Also getting this game for Iphone 3GS smile.gif .....

Corbey
  • Corbey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

I had actually bought an DS way before this came out, around '07.

Loved the Storyline though, worth buying it for the DS.

Then I saw they put it on the iPhone and bought that for when I'm on the go. ;-)

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

Cool, cool cool cool. Pew.

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:24 AM

Nope, but I downloaded a emulator, because we are poor. sad.gif Would love to have a DS though as it doesn't lag on it.

aisiy
  • aisiy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:24 AM

I didn't...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users