GTA: Alderney

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
186 replies to this topic
Huang Leroy
  • Huang Leroy

A.K.A. YungLive201

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:37 PM Edited by YungLive201, 24 April 2010 - 07:35 PM.

Grand Theft Auto: Alderney State [Version 2.0] Coming Soon!

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:12 PM

Storylines the best part.
Really work hard on the story-line, it brings gta to life.

Huang Leroy
  • Huang Leroy

A.K.A. YungLive201

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (Sanjeem @ May 24 2009, 22:12)
Storylines the best part.
Really work hard on the story-line, it brings gta to life.

Trust me, I've been working on the storyline for awhile now, even as we speak. I'm close to finishing it so it will be up soon.

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2009 - 03:55 AM Edited by sethpenguin, 25 May 2009 - 04:01 AM.

Since Alderny is based on New Jersey you should include parodies of New Jersey's most famous local urban legends such as the Gates of Hell, the Devil's Tree, Midgetville Demon Alley and of course, the Jersey Devil. Also you should include the Pine Barrens, it's probably the most scariest places to go out to at night.

The Aztek
  • The Aztek

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 May 2009 - 04:13 AM

Since Alderny has already been done for and is in GTA 4, I dont think an island that small would serve as a good place for Xbox's now adays. Now Washington DC... theres a different story...

StoneyWhistle
  • StoneyWhistle

Proud Redneck

• Members

Posted 25 May 2009 - 04:43 AM

Well Az, I'm sure it wouldn't be only based in that one place. It would have the other Alderney Islands. It wouldn't be just one place. This isn't an Nintendo DS lol

Sergi
  • Sergi

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:35 AM

I like the concept but Tudor should be taken off. Since the Alderney map in IV was somewhat strange as it's known Alderney is a state but it was the size of a borough, Tudor and Alderny City were both present and Tudor was only about 16 or so blocks so I don't see how that could be a major city in Alderney. I think it should more or less just be a district in Alderney City. I'm interested in how this concept comes along.

nerner
  • nerner

OG

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 May 2009 - 08:31 AM

Good work, I can see that you have put quite a bit of time into it, but in my opinion they shouldn't keep it in Alderney, they should move it away from that area, and then move it back to Alderney for about GTA6. That way it keeps the GTA franchise moving along nicely. Good work though, hope the storyline turns out good.

Mafioso86
  • Mafioso86

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 May 2009 - 08:39 AM

hahaha... GTA New Jersey... wow. It's actually not a bad idea, but I, like many other New Yorkers, have spent so much time bad mouthing the place that it just sounds funny.

Huang Leroy
  • Huang Leroy

A.K.A. YungLive201

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:22 PM

Updated with Storyline Abstract & Protagonist Info. It will be expanded in full in a later post.

QUOTE (sethpenguin @ May 25 2009, 03:55)
Since Alderny is based on New Jersey you should include parodies of New Jersey's most famous local urban legends such as the Gates of Hell, the Devil's Tree, Midgetville Demon Alley and of course, the Jersey Devil. Also you should include the Pine Barrens, it's probably the most scariest places to go out to at night.

I was thinking about a parody of The Jersey Devil and a mission that involved the Pine Barrens, though there still in the concept stage. But now that you brought up the others, I might just do a little research on them and try to find ways to include them.

QUOTE (Sergi @ May 25 2009, 05:35)
I like the concept but Tudor should be taken off. Since the Alderney map in IV was somewhat strange as it's known Alderney is a state but it was the size of a borough, Tudor and Alderny City were both present and Tudor was only about 16 or so blocks so I don't see how that could be a major city in Alderney. I think it should more or less just be a district in Alderney City. I'm interested in how this concept comes along.

The way Alderney was used in IV, R* was just only scratching the surface. The only place where you can already tell where its based on was Alderney City, and the rest you had to look hard for clues to guess on the possibilities. Others believed it was based on Elizabeth, but I really didnít see no similarities since it was that big and the only recognizable landmarks were from other cities (another thing that had me scratching my head). My version of Tudor is going to be different from the one in IV. The only thing taken from the IVís Tudor is the name.

QUOTE (nerner @ May 25 2009, 08:31)
Good work, I can see that you have put quite a bit of time into it, but in my opinion they shouldn't keep it in Alderney, they should move it away from that area, and then move it back to Alderney for about GTA6. That way it keeps the GTA franchise moving along nicely. Good work though, hope the storyline turns out good.

Couldnít agree more. I have a feeling that itíll be used as a location in the future, but I donít expect it to be in the very next game.

QUOTE (Mafioso86 @ May 25 2009, 08:39)
hahaha... GTA New Jersey... wow. It's actually not a bad idea, but I, like many other New Yorkers, have spent so much time bad mouthing the place that it just sounds funny.

Lol, yeah I know all about that. Iím still waiting for those New Yorkers to come in with the ďNJ sucksĒ comments.

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (YungLive201 @ May 25 2009, 19:22)
I was thinking about a parody of The Jersey Devil and a mission that involved the Pine Barrens, though there still in the concept stage. But now that you brought up the others, I might just do a little research on them and try to find ways to include them.

Well to help you, here are articles about some of those Urban Legends I mentioned,

The Gates Of Hell
Devil's Tree
Midgetville
Demon's Alley

Huang Leroy
  • Huang Leroy

A.K.A. YungLive201

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:41 PM

Thanks, I'll give them a read-thru.

Chris P Waffle
  • Chris P Waffle

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 May 2009 - 10:15 PM

I live in NJ (right by New York, across the river) so i would like this idea.

The only problem is that NJ doesn't have much crime and that their is nothing to do here.

bobgtafan
  • bobgtafan

The last thing you never see

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 01:17 AM

As long as when you make the map don't have it surounded by water. That is so unrealstic.

jplip
  • jplip

PINOY CULTURE WARRIOR

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:52 AM

You can include Illegal immigrants as some Characters in the game
since that is famous in New Jersey.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:26 AM

QUOTE (bobgtafan @ May 26 2009, 02:17)
As long as when you make the map don't have it surounded by water. That is so unrealstic.

What would you suggest instead?

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 26 May 2009 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE (Jacky Fiend @ May 26 2009, 10:26)

Maybe an invisible barrier? But we can still see the other areas although it's blocked... ( opened on DLC ) And it keeps growing...

How's that Jacky?

bobgtafan
  • bobgtafan

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:57 AM

QUOTE (DneroJohnson @ May 26 2009, 13:06)

Maybe an invisible barrier? But we can still see the other areas although it's blocked... ( opened on DLC ) And it keeps growing...

How's that Jacky?

Or you could just have land AND water ( for oceans) that go on forever and have road that go on but you never really past a certain point but you never stop moving either like the water in crackdown. Just apply the same prinicpal to land and water and there you go. Makes more sense than to have New York and New Jersey fully surrounded by water like some islands that's highly unrealstic.

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE (bobgtafan @ May 27 2009, 03:57)

How's that Jacky?

Or you could just have land AND water ( for oceans) that go on forever and have road that go on but you never really past a certain point but you never stop moving either like the water in crackdown. Just apply the same prinicpal to land and water and there you go. Makes more sense than to have New York and New Jersey fully surrounded by water like some islands that's highly unrealstic.

Yeah, that can be good too just like in IV... But i'm getting tired of the ocean, sure there can be ocean, but only one part like the north, south, or maybe the west part only that has the ocean. Other parts are rivers, lakes and cities

streetthug
  • streetthug

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:11 PM

you can have mountains with barriers or woods.

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (streetthug @ May 27 2009, 15:11)
you can have mountains with barriers or woods.

omg, why didn't I think of that... lol.gif

Huang Leroy
  • Huang Leroy

A.K.A. YungLive201

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 May 2009 - 04:42 PM Edited by YungLive201, 29 May 2009 - 05:41 PM.

Added new Radio Station and City Links. Next will be information on Feature & Gameplay, More Characters, and Points of Interest.

EDIT: Changed protagonist name to Donte Harris

QUOTE (jplip @ May 26 2009, 02:52)
You can include Illegal immigrants as some Characters in the game
since that is famous in† New Jersey.

Yeah thats already in the works. I'll be updating the characters list overtime so just check back every now and then.

QUOTE (DneroJohnson @ May 27 2009, 10:51)
QUOTE (bobgtafan @ May 27 2009, 03:57)

How's that Jacky?

Yeah, that can be good too just like in IV... But i'm getting tired of the ocean, sure there can be ocean, but only one part like the north, south, or maybe the west part only that has the ocean. Other parts are rivers, lakes and cities

I see what yall sayin and it makes sense. I'll keep it in mind when I'm doing the map.

bobgtafan
  • bobgtafan

• Members

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:10 PM

Also when you do police make sure to make them go past 6 please. I think just 6 stars is boring. Or at least add the army and make them tougher.

Huang Leroy
  • Huang Leroy

A.K.A. YungLive201

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2009 - 10:50 PM Edited by YungLive201, 07 June 2009 - 12:56 PM.

Updated with:

-More Vehicles
-Added Weapons
-Started work on Gangs, though still in progress

Plans to update next:

-Features & Gameplay
-Gangs Update
-Crime System
-Points of Interest

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2009 - 10:59 PM

So how about that Pines Barrens parody.

Huang Leroy
  • Huang Leroy

A.K.A. YungLive201

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2009 - 12:54 PM Edited by YungLive201, 07 June 2009 - 01:23 PM.

QUOTE (sethpenguin @ Jun 5 2009, 22:59)
So how about that Pines Barrens parody.

Thats going to be included when I put up the Points of Interest section. As a matter a fact, I'll include that with the "Plans to update next" in my previous post.

Huang Leroy
  • Huang Leroy

A.K.A. YungLive201

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2009 - 02:17 AM

Big Update

-Added Features & Gameplay
-Added Points of Interest
-Added 2 New Radio Stations
-Added 2 New Gangs
-Added New Song to Voltage

Upcoming Updates:
-Crime System.

And like I stated earlier, post whatever is on your mind. Comments, suggestions, etc. Iím open to anything

spass1
  • spass1

pr0n

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 11 June 2009 - 02:34 AM

I love the way you did the character bios, and that bodyguard job sounds awesome. Awesome job, can't wait to see the crime system.

bobgtafan
  • bobgtafan

• Members

Posted 13 June 2009 - 04:41 AM

Hey you need a map. How big is Alderney going to be?

Huang Leroy
  • Huang Leroy

A.K.A. YungLive201

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:53 AM

QUOTE (bobgtafan @ Jun 13 2009, 04:41)
Hey you need a map. How big is Alderney going to be?

I was thinking about twice the size San Andreas was, and I was planning on making a map for the thread, just never got around to doing it. I still plan to though.

QUOTE (spass1 @ Jun 11 2009, 02:34)
I love the way you did the character bios, and that bodyguard job sounds awesome. Awesome job, can't wait to see the crime system.

Thanks. Iíll try to get the crime system up soon, when I get some more downtime.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users