WEALTH RICHES

81 replies to this topic
D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 May 2009 - 02:28 PM

About 2 million in gold bullion or something that's value can't fall, or be stolen by the bank with a bankrupcy/closure. Another 3 million in a variety of Swiss bank high-interest accounts or bonds or whatever they're called, and the interest of that can is added to the high-interest savings account, as I'd live of my wages, only taking money out if they aren't enough.

The remaining countless billions (or trillions if I'm to have it all my way) will be used to buy out some of the biggest multi-national corporations, and the most profitable ones with the help of the best financial advisers money can buy, and use their profits to supporting democratic political parties in developing countries and/or coups to bring on governments that actually care about their people. I'd then start giving them shares of the big multinational companies I already own to develop their countries.

I'd then change my identity, disappearing to live on a small desert island on a mainly self-sustained existance with the local peasantry there - maybe use my medical skills to work as the Island Doctor- as I'd undoubtadly be the most wanted man alive. I'd use my remaining millions in the Swiss bank accounts to live more comfortably, and import the few luxuries I can't live without (Budweiser, M&Ms and Doritos), and ensure the future of my children - sending them to good colleges and universities, and have adiquate protection.

If it's more money than I can spend on myself, spend it on other people. That's basically what I'd dream of doing with all the money I want.

Banging super-models, penthouse suites, starting my own super-car make and having a mercenary private army of some of the best ex-spec-ops soldiers around would come inbetween all those things lol.

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2009 - 02:36 PM

Firstly, I'd try and keep it a secret from people. My friends can be trusted but if i suddenly become unimaginably rich voernight, just think how many new "friends" you'll get.

I'd probably buy a comfortable home/ flat/apartment around here in my home town and one somewhere where i cna get into the Uni. A lot of it would be invested into some of those private swiss bank accounts or, as D-Ice said, something that won't go down in value such as gold.

I'd look into investing into a commodity as those businesses are always going to have custoemrs if you run it right. The things that i would look into are things like food, water, electricity, oil, arms etc. and see if there are any viable investments available.

The thing I'd most want to do is help the people around me, my family are doing pretty well but sometimes you can see work getting to them, I'd liketo make it so they could go part-time or retire if they wanted to. If possible I'd give financial help to any of my friends that deserve it, I look at a lot of people i know and see lots of potential going unrealised simply because of their background or the people around them, if i could help people realise their potential then I'd truly feel I'd done something worthwhile. But the most important thing here is that i wouldnt help anyone who doesn't deserve it; scrounging layabouts wouldnt get any help from me.

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 24 May 2009 - 02:41 PM

a big house on a private island in Dubai

.Rafto
  • .Rafto

Young Rasta

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2009 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE (Wuirt  @ May 24 2009, 14:00)
I would build my own secret underground lair.

user posted image

It would look kind of like this, but better.

This would be nice but I would remove the Batman logo there, and the Batman suits and all.

3minty3
  • 3minty3

Are you watching closely?

• Members

Posted 24 May 2009 - 03:12 PM

If i had say 10 Million dollars then i would:

-give 100,000 to charity.
-put 4.9 million in the bank (hopefully one with interest).
-Buy 3 cars, Lamborghini Reventón (the cost punches my wallet like rocky), range rover sport and a Mazda rx-8 for casual use.
-buy a 3 million dollar house in dubai with pool of course.
-Lastly with my remaining money i would go on a spending spree, buying clothes, games, electronics and random stuff.

obviously if i had billions i would buy a tiny shack that was actually a elevator to a massive underground base similar to the batcave above.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 24 May 2009 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE (860 @ May 24 2009, 15:41)

Dubai isn't the place to be anymore for the rich folks... the 'financial crisis' has also struck 'rich people paradise'.

voteneg
  • voteneg

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 May 2009 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE (fullmetal @ May 24 2009, 15:31)

Dubai isn't the place to be anymore for the rich folks... the 'financial crisis' has also struck 'rich people paradise'.

And that sh*t is at risk to rising sea levels... All those new islands they're building out in the bay are a total waste, or will be by the end of the century.

And why anyone would want to live in a desert is beyond me...

nerner
  • nerner

OG

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:07 PM

Dubai is the new Monte Carlo/Cannes dude. Everyone who is anyone is there now. I even went to Frankie Dettori's bar and grill, with Marco Pierre-White when I was over there.

major underscore
  • major underscore

The GTAF Moralist

• Members

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:48 PM

Simple: invest the money and live off a fraction of the financial gains. If such a fraction is enough for my living expenses I'd never work at a day job but instead spend my time expanding those assets and ensuring that it will be there for generations to come.

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (voteneg @ May 24 2009, 10:59)

And that sh*t is at risk to rising sea levels... All those new islands they're building out in the bay are a total waste, or will be by the end of the century.

Lol your ten years too laste if you think it's still a desert. They totally transformed it into a rich people paradise in such a short period of time.

And with all their money and some of the best scientists up and coming from the new universities there - I'm sure they'll devise somesort of way to dump all the rising seawater in India or Bangladesh - not that anyone there will notice or mind for a few bucks. biggrin.gif

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:42 PM

I would use the money to run for political office. Once I had duped the ignorant masses I would invest in a secret prison for my political enemies and allies.
Then, with all opposition out of the way I would simply lace the water supply with arsenic.

voteneg
  • voteneg

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:48 PM Edited by voteneg, 24 May 2009 - 08:53 PM.

QUOTE (D- Ice @ May 24 2009, 19:33)
QUOTE (voteneg @ May 24 2009, 10:59)

Lol your ten years too laste if you think it's still a desert. They totally transformed it into a rich people paradise in such a short period of time.

And with all their money and some of the best scientists up and coming from the new universities there - I'm sure they'll devise somesort of way to dump all the rising seawater in India or Bangladesh - not that anyone there will notice or mind for a few bucks. biggrin.gif

I'm not a f*cking idiot. I know what Dubai looks like.

user posted image

Notice the dry arid sand surrounding the entire city... yeah... thats f*cking desert.

This image above is a bit old, notice they don't have the Palm Trees or Giant World built out in the Gulf yet, but it still doesn't change the fact that it's still the desert.

Sure you'll find a few artificial green spaces here and there, but they are just that artificial, why? Because it's the f*cking desert.

So basically it's dry, hot, and sandy... Even in the city center. Anyways, alls it takes is one good sandstorm and all sorts of people will be injured and everybody would need to have their cars and buildings repainted.

nerner
  • nerner

OG

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:52 PM

But it doesn't look like the desert when you are there, it is a great place, but it does seem rather fake when you get there.

voteneg
  • voteneg

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:57 PM Edited by voteneg, 24 May 2009 - 09:09 PM.

QUOTE (nerner @ May 24 2009, 20:52)
But it doesn't look like the desert when you are there, it is a great place, but it does seem rather fake when you get there.

The hell it doesn't feel like desert. Every bit of ground that isn't paved, or planted with grass is sand. Don;t get me wrong, the architecture there is very cool, but I found the climate to be absolutely sh*tty. I was getting sand in my eyes when a wind would blow, absolutely miserable, and those were on the nicer days. Get a good sandstorm coming through and you can't see or do a goddamn thing.

Go outside get sand in your clothes.
Eat outside and get sand in your food.

I rather take -40F to that bullcrap.

Have fun cleaning out the bottom of your pool after one of those whips through all the sudden.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:02 PM

pay off my bills, retire a bit early and move to some sort of quiet place outside of the city.

someone said musclecar....my wife and i often talk about having some sort of sweet musclecar at somepoint. seeing as how we grew up in the states through the 60s/70s.

add to the motorcycle collection.

build a kick ass koi pond. we have a 10yr old pond with 10yr old fish. they would love a nicer home to carry out their remaining 190yrs.

set up a solid assisted living plan for the future since we have no kids(nor plans for any) and will have to retire to one of those retirment villages at some point.

donate more then we already do to the causes we believe in.

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:17 PM

If i became Rich, since i am quite a religiouse guy, i would know money isn't always the best thing in life and won't always make you happy, I would give a bit too some charities, help out my familly, get a nice house and save the rest of my money for when i need it, or for my children.

Dr.pay'n spray
  • Dr.pay'n spray

Aw yeah.

• Members

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:28 PM Edited by Dr.pay'n spray, 24 May 2009 - 09:31 PM.

Believe me kids, I live in the U.A.E.

Dubai is not the glorious chocolate factory of fun, and jollies advertising makes it out to be.

It's a massive shopping mall, with both a population, and an overall feeling that lacks any substance. It looks pretty, but really it's as pretty as a gigantic mansion, with only one person living in it, and the person living in it is an old hermaphrodite caretaker who wants you to be its wife. Once you live there, it's really, really boring; and unpleasant once you look past all the jewelry, metal, stone, and marble. Which doesn't take long at all unless you're effectively, brainlessly shallow.

But despite that, I'd stay the f*ck back in America, buy a gigantic mansion, a sh*t-load of muscle cars, loads of goodies, and a loyal security force to protect it all.

Edit; and buy out my own chain of Taco Bells.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:33 PM

If i had enough money that i couldn't even think about spending it all, then i'd do the ussual stuff of buying properties here and there, buying cars and other lucrative things. Give some money to certain charities.

Then plow sh*tloads of money into football biggrin.gif .

mike752
  • mike752

• Members

Posted 25 May 2009 - 01:28 AM

I'd put it in the bank and live on the interest. Never have to work again and never run out of money.

Sergi
  • Sergi

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:48 AM

Personally I don't think there is any amount of money that there would be so much I wouldn't know what to do with it. Hell most of these billionaires have more money then they'll ever spend and don't even spend it in the 1st place in their lifetime that's why kids and grandchildren and so on get their fortune when they die. Not to mention when you make it to the big leagues all you ever really want is to make more money in the 1st place. But for the sake or argument I'll say $1,000,000,000 will be my ideal fortune even though I'd prefer much more. I'm going to make a list of things I'd do in order from 1st to last

1. Invest 50% aka $500,000,000 of it into various ventures including starting my own company, buying property, buying a sports franchise, buying clubs and etc. to make that investment back and more down the line.

2. Get my parents a new house costing around $10,000,000 and give them both $5,000,000 and tell them to do with it what they want while also telling them I will support them but not support them as in them spending their money stupidly and expecting me to take care of them. Give other primary family(brother, sisters, grandparents)about $1.5 million each. Only other family that will get money from me is close immediate family such as cousins I grew up with or were close with and aunts and uncles I was close with. Family I wasn't close with will get nothing as well as friends or associates who never did anything for me or I wasn't close with.

3.Purchase a $30 million mansion and only buy exotic cars $500,000 and up.

4. Buy about 1000 kilos of pure Colombian cocaine for $20,000 a key and sell all of them wholesale for $22,500.

5. Pay off all important feds(FBI,DEA, Judges, Politicians etc) so no heat comes on me and work behind the scene.

6. Run both a massive legal enterprise dealing with all my endavors from my $500 million investment and run my massive cocaine dealing operation behind the scene's and in turn make more and more money until I die.

chris
  • chris

Everton FC

• The Connection

Posted 25 May 2009 - 11:59 AM

Why risk getting caught shipping cocaine for a 2.5k profit when you have a billion dollar fortune, your logic baffles me. If i had that kinda money i would just buy a bighouse with lots of land and build myself a huge racetrack so that me and friends could buy awesome cars to race on there.

nerner
  • nerner

OG

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 May 2009 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE (Sergi @ May 25 2009, 14:48)
4. Buy about 1000 kilos of pure Colombian cocaine for $20,000 a key and sell all of them wholesale for $22,500.

Why? Why not invest it in normal assets, like stocks and shares, or commodities like Gold, why put your entire fortune on the line for $2,500?

I would just invest, and watch my money grow.

The Unvirginiser
  • The Unvirginiser

You ain't gettin' your tings?!

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 25 May 2009 - 02:38 PM

I think I'd buy a posh swanky apartment overlooking the quays and Old Traffic football ground near me, and then maybe a bungalow near all my mates - Give them all a key each and just have it as the party house. Then buy a swanky, flash car, as well as a load of sh*tty old bangers I can be a total dick in and play destruction derby with.

Democrab
  • Democrab

Tornado of Souls

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 25 May 2009 - 03:04 PM

Top of the line computer, few gaming consoles, good telly, good guitar + amp, put rest in stock market and charity.

Sergi
  • Sergi

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 May 2009 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (·chris @ May 25 2009, 11:59)
Why risk getting caught shipping cocaine for a 2.5k profit when you have a billion dollar fortune, your logic baffles me. If i had that kinda money i would just buy a bighouse with lots of land and build myself a huge racetrack so that me and friends could buy awesome cars to race on there.

Why not? Pablo Escobar was a billionaire just off cocaine not to mention the only reason he was taken down was due to the amount of violence he was involved in. As I said I'd operate behind the scenes and pay off the right people which is a norm in the underworld but since I won't get involved with the violence that comes with the drug trade attention won't be on me. Also why would it matter to you what I would do? I'll never have $1 billion dollars to do anything with it anyways and this thread is a thread based off fantasy in the 1st place. So what I would do with my money is what I would do with my money and it concerns not you nor .nerner. Also maybe you didn't read my whole thing because I did noting but invest my money in all but 3 scenarios so I'd still be making much more money then I'd invested 1 way or another. Also you may not know but a 2.5k return on anything would be considered excellent in any trade. Sony looses money on the PS3 and it adds up. Microsoft lost billions on the Xbox and that added up. Nintendo makes the Wii less then what they sell it and only make what a few hundred dollar profit on it? In business returns is all that matters rather it's $5 dollars or $1 thousand because you still make a profit on that product which means you made more money then how much your purchased it for or made it for so your money will still add up down the line.

Now let's do the math. If you purchase 1000 kilos of cocaine for $20k a piece you would have spent only $20 million of your large fortune so that would be a speck in the 1st place. Now as I said I'd sell it wholesale but if you broke it down into gram quanties you'd make even more money but most major drug cartels, organizations ,gangs don't want to break down large amounts of drugs as it takes a while to get rid of it and wholesale selling makes money quicker while not exactly being more then breaking the drugs down and selling them. Now back to business. $20 million spent for 1000 kilograms of cocaine. Drug prices vary from area to area not to mention from dealer to dealer so I'll stick to that sell them for $22.5k statement I said earlier. Now once you sell 1000 kilos for $22.5 you make $22,500 is profit. Now if I was strictly a drug dealer then that $2.5 million come up would be excellent but if I'm involved in various endavors also it would just be a quick come up that is as un noticeable as me spending $20 million out of a billion dollar fortune to buy the cocaine. Also you aren't putting your entire fortune on the line because even if I somehow got caught the federal authorities could only seize what they could link back to the drug operation. With the majority of my money being invested in legal situations and my income coming from those the feds could only link anything to a $20 million operation and take what ever I purchased with that $2.5 million I made. Now as I said earlier I will more then likely never come across 1 billion dollars and none of these scenarios will ever come into play so what I said can be taken as satirical of sorts and not be taken as serious.

El Zilcho
  • El Zilcho

Virtuoso

• The Connection
  • European-Union

Posted 25 May 2009 - 06:57 PM

Without using violence to enforce your goals, your drug peddling competitors would rape you in the ass. Take your money, drugs, f*ck up your business. Do you think drug dealing is as simple as buying the stuff, walking in and selling it off, no problems or heat? You can't buy everyone off, there will always be honest cops and citizens. Look at all criminals, unless they were prodigal geniuses, most of them were eventually caught or there flashy life styles caught up with them; mainly by a bullet to the head. If your some rich guy who clearly deals drugs, any smart ass criminal would buy drugs from you through some stupid third party, gather the evidence and KACHING! blackmail gold. You're a billionaire right? This guy would get greedy, and bleed you dry of your cash. If you don't put a bullet in his head, he's gonna keep f*cking you in the ass. So you eventually get sucked into the violence some way or another; if you're a drug dealer, you'll have to fight against the competition. This isn't a legal trade, you don't have rights. The man with the bigger guns, better influence and the more smart punks on his side wins. And if you're the new guy, it certainly won't be you.

Stay away from drugs kids.

The Unvirginiser
  • The Unvirginiser

You ain't gettin' your tings?!

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:26 PM

But the point of drug dealing is to profit? Why when you're already wedged.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:28 AM

I would have to debate on whether you'd have to budget your wealth, but I think it would be good to invest in areas where, despite things like the current recession, you know people would have to buy the commodity. It's interesting how motor scooters went through the roof with the economic crunch.

I find it hard to leave my family, I feel we're real close even though everyone moved away, we are all in the same State. I would travel short term, but a move several States away would be too tough.

I would LOVE to pay my folks back, what I owe them and more. Reading in Don Felder's book, coming from poverty to wealth with the Eagles' success, when he offered his folks money and upgrades on cars and the home, they pretty much turned most of that down. They were so set in their ways, which is somewhat strange to me, I would find away to balance what you love and know with improvements you could never afford before.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Zaibatsu
  • Japan

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:37 AM

Honestly? Buy a big island somewhere, build up some stuff in it, declare it an independent nation and become king. Now that would rock.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:49 AM

Some kid "won" an island I heard, it was brought up in earlier discussion. What the F.... is a kid gonna do with an island, eh?! hahaha biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users