Photo

The Last Album You Listened To

141 replies to this topic
Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (Mr.Mister @ Friday, Jul 15 2011, 15:39)
Such a classic

user posted image

surely one of the most powerful and influential punk albums of all time

Zyo
  • Zyo

Homeboy

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:44 PM

user posted image

Frank Zappa - Shut up and play yer guitar. I&II.

The One Called Vega
  • The One Called Vega

In actuality, I'm the one called 'vinvegar'...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:30 PM

Californication by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. This was playing while I was helping my brother paint his new apartment. It is a very good album, if you like alternative rock from the late 90s. The album contains several great tracks such as "Scar Tissue", "Otherside", "Get on Top", "Californication", "Emit Remmus", "I Like Dirt" and "This Velvet Glove".

user posted image

glenn tha killer
  • glenn tha killer

Irish.

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:25 PM

user posted image
^ WZRD by Kid cudi. Its brilliant. lol.gif icon14.gif

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:05 PM

I just listened to Cutty Ranks - Limb by Limb
user posted image

Because I just wanted to hear this song:

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

Trip, didn't think that sort of thing would be your bag. Limb By Limb Jungle version was used in a great T.V. show that aired in the UK and Ireland called Father Ted. It's about 3 priests that live on an island that were kind of banished there due to them being a f*ck up. Anyway, one new priest moves in and he's hilariously obnoxious. He listens to Jungle music at all hours on boom box and the track he plays is Limb by Limb.

Funnily enough, I went dressed as him one halloween. I got the music and a little boom box. Sorry going mad off topic.

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:29 PM

Good call on the Zappa, I love that album.

I recently went on a bit of a purge. I took a trip to Vinyl Exchange and Piccadilly Records in Manchester to ask about releases from The Residents, and ended up trawling their surprising extensive CD selection. In it, I found some absolutely great albums and compilations I just had to buy. The first was the eagerly awaited remix album “Grinderman 2 RMX” which is essentially their second album remixed by the likes of Nick Zinner and Josh Homme. It looks quite curious but I’m excited to hear it. The second was the debut album from the minimal outfit Moritz Von Oswald Trio, “Vertical Ascent”. I’ve not heard much from them, but I’d heard enough to want to find more. The third was “The Remixes 2004-2011” by electronic artist Boys Noize. There’s been many a time where I’ve browsed Spotify for fresh remixes of his, so this is perfect. The last one is a compliation album, “Bang & Works Volume 2” which I’d only ever seen on Planet Mu, and it features a range of Chicago footwork sounds. There’s some insane hip-hop hooks chopped and diced apart without a moment’s thought, and it makes for jagged, exciting listening.

In particular, the Boys Noize remixes are just divine. The source songs are so diverse (Marilyn Manson, Royksopp, Late Of The Pier and Depeche Mode?) it makes for an interesting listen.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:26 AM

Roger Waters, AMUSED TO DEATH, and it's so nice, found on YouTube as a complete piece. Not looked yet, but hoping someone got Rick Wright's Broken China also on the Tube, since my CD went missing, but I still had the jewelbox, talk about troublesome! I was checking all the others to see if I double-boxed it

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:26 PM

Grinderman's "Grinderman 2 RMX".

user posted image

It's essentially what it says - a remix of Grinderman's second (and final) album. Grinderman is the brainchild of Nick Cave, and the band is actually made up of many of The Bad Seeds. With Grinderman, Nick Cave felt free to write and play more balls-out, rock orientated material that focused more on sex and drugs. It's a shame it's their last venture, but with another album from Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds on its way, I'm not too fussed. I'm usually wary of remix albums as they host the same four or five tracks most times, which can get monotonous. There's enough diversity here to keep me interested. Curiously enough, you'd expect the remixes to be of electronic tastes, but they aren't - you may as well call them "re-edits" or "re-imaginations" because some songs are just worlds different, with pockets of doom/stoner metal even poking through at times.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:45 PM

I'm in an effort to collect the single tracks of Broken China from Richard Wright off YouTube and save them to my HDD, that way I can enjoy the album a track at a time! haha

Viciousliquids
  • Viciousliquids

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

Been Listening to the new Killing Joke Album
user posted image

NikoGTA4
  • NikoGTA4

Ringolo

• Members

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:34 AM

Damn in the past weeks I have been listening to this album over and over again. It's just a really good album, underrated.

It's Abandoned Luncheonette by Hall & Oates, you probably know them by their 80's hits like Maneater, Out of Touch, Private Eyes, I Can't Go For That, Kiss On My List and many many more.

But this 1973 album is way before they went pop, it wasn't a very good success at this time.
The album varies between Blue eyed Soul to Progressive Rock.
Honestly, when you listen to an album, there is always a track or two that you skip or that you don't like, but these songs are all very good for me.

user posted image

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:26 AM

QUOTE (NikoGTA4 @ Wednesday, Apr 18 2012, 20:34)
user posted image

Sorry to quote the pic... but it excites me.

I've been in that very same luncheonette. We were even chased out by the shot gun wielding owner. If you don't believe me you can ask my mother - she drove us there for the exploration. It was probably a year or two after the album was released.

Anyway...Listened to Pentangle - Light Flight today.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:46 AM

Immersion edition Wish You Were Here, Pink Floyd 1975
AWESOME is one word to describe what I heard

Also been listening to EARLIEST SCORPIONS Lonesome Crow, 1970/71

This album also features Michael Schenker, and I have to say, you can't really compare him to Uli Jon Roth, Roth uses tremolo much more, because Hendrix was who he emulated, as opposed to Michael Schenker, who was influenced by earlier artists and started learning Beatles songs for his brother while Rudy was at work

NikoGTA4
  • NikoGTA4

Ringolo

• Members

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:26 PM

Slamman, I believe you. The diner was destroyed in 1982 because too many poeple took parts off it as a souvenir. It was located in Pennsylvania on the route 724. It was known as the Rosedale Dinner.
Hall & Oates themselves got chased and arrested when they took the pic and went inside back in '73 haha

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:46 PM

Hmm I believe the last album I listened to was either the Smashing Pumpkins - Rotten Apples or Polaris - Music from the Adventures of Pete and Pete ( love that one )

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (NikoGTA4 @ Thursday, Apr 19 2012, 16:26)
Slamman, I believe you. The diner was destroyed in 1982 because too many poeple took parts off it as a souvenir. It was located in Pennsylvania on the route 724. It was known as the Rosedale Dinner.
Hall & Oates themselves got chased and arrested when they took the pic and went inside back in '73 haha

Even creepier was the abandoned larger restaurant directly across the street - owned by the same creepy man. It was called JAX and I never recall it ever being opened. I lived in that area until around '82.

When I was in the luncheonette it was surprising to see how it hadn't been destroyed. Pretty much just a bunch of broken plates and glasses, but most of the equipment was still there. Good memory all in all - even getting chased out with a shot gun.

Listened to this towards the end of the work day before I went into random mode for my commute home.
user posted image

AlexGTAGamer
  • AlexGTAGamer

Time flies when you throw a clock.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:38 AM

The last album I listened to:
user posted image

So many classics on there. sigh.gif

NikoGTA4
  • NikoGTA4

Ringolo

• Members

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:07 AM Edited by NikoGTA4, 20 April 2012 - 11:22 AM.

@Slamman, yeah, the restaurant right infront was Pizza Word, which is still abandoned right now, with plants and trees groing around it. The owners were pretty stupid. When Hall & Oates and the band toured in 1982, they had shows in Philadephia and they stopped to the luncheonette, even though they made it famous, they got chased by the owner at gun point. The old man died in 2009.

Hell yeah, Phil Collins!
I'm a big fan, I've got many Genesis and Phil Collins albums and 7'' singles. My favourite right now is No Jacket Required from 1985, but Hello I Must Be Going from 1982 is also pretty good. Appart from two songs or three, I don't like Face Value (1981), it's moslty jazz, which is quite different from its known single, In The Air Tonight.

Last one of Phil's I listened is, Both Sides (1993) which is.... quite different from more known albums.... Still not bad, but some songs can be pretty boring.
user posted image

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:16 AM

Metallica. Kill 'Em All.

GreatGig
  • GreatGig

Useful Idiot.

• The Connection

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:43 AM

An album I've been listening to a lot is Visions by Grimes. It's pretty good so far but I think it's going to take a few more plays to really get into it.

But this...

user posted image

...is one album I can't stop playing and it's the last album I listened to. No matter what kind of genre you're into, I can guarantee that at least one of his songs will please you. Personally, I love pretty much all of them. The album is incredibly smooth, easy going, and just really soulful. I highly recommend it.

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

Death Grips - The Money Store

user posted image

What an album. What what WHAT an album. From the start it's just in-your-face. This isn't pushing a boundary, it's taking a leak on it. I'm not saying it's a game changing album as far as hip-hop is concerned because it isn't for the purists, but it's a new angle for sure. It features MC Ride (formerly homeless rapper), Zach Hill (mental drummer, self-taught, thinks nothing of bleeding on his kit) and Andy Morin (responsible for many of the disjointed synth hooks). If you give it a chance, the hooks stay with you long after the resonance has finished rattling your speakers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users