Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is CTW your favorite GTA?

116 replies to this topic

Poll: Is CTW your favorite GTA? (454 member(s) have cast votes)

Is CTW your favorite GTA?

1. Yes (73 votes [18.02%])

Percentage of vote: 18.02%

2. No (225 votes [55.56%])

Percentage of vote: 55.56%

3. Haven't played CTW (107 votes [26.42%])

Percentage of vote: 26.42%

Vote Guests cannot vote
CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 14 June 2009 - 12:27 AM

QUOTE (Jacky Fiend @ Jun 11 2009, 02:13)
Am I? I've been playing Grand Theft Auto games since 1997 when the original GTA was released. Since then I've played every game released except London '61, Advance and The Lost & Damned. I don't think I can be told that I'm "new to GTA" in any aspect of the word.

Those are the exact same ones I have yet to play. GTA Advance is pretty much impossible to come by, maybe GTA L'61 is also since I'm not sure if it's still available to get for the PC (my computer sucks so much that downloading GTA(1) or GTA2 from R* classics site would take like over 30 hours but my friend can download them), and I have a PS3 and not a Xbox 360 so I can't get TLAD (or TBOGT when it's released).

Anyways, GTA CW is amazing but it isn't my favorite GTA. My favorite GTA is a tie between GTA IV and GTA SA. I just love GTA CW's use of the touch screen to hijack vehicles, scratchcards, cutting open backs of stolen trucks to get stuff, etc.

BlackNeon_o1
  • BlackNeon_o1

waiting for another gta sa

• Members

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:54 PM

I played all the 3D GTA, except GTA 4,and I really like this game is better than the GTAs from the psp.But San Andreas is still my favorite.This game is my second.

crashsilumator234
  • crashsilumator234

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:58 PM

San Andreas is the best one ever and Vice City is the second best

3.IV

4.CTW

5.LCS VCS

6. III

7. The first ones

and the worst one is GTA 2 for GBC, ugh

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 16 June 2009 - 02:45 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 16 June 2009 - 10:00 AM.

I just bought CTW a couple of hours ago along with a brand new DS Lite, and wow I love it so far.

It's like playing GTA 1, and 2, but with new features. I'm actually enjoying it more than I did with LCS on PSP. In all honestly if this was in 3rd person I don't reckon it would be as good. The cartoon look it has gives the game more character IMO, and I love how the cut scenes are done like a comic. Also good to see some old elements back. I was just flipping through the booklet, and saw that the chainsaw is back. F*ck yeah. biggrin.gif

As much as I love GTA IV I feel that this has added more to the series IMO. Playing CTW brings back memories of when I first go into the GTA series back in 98. smile.gif

Anyway I'm very impressed by it so far. Best $39 I've spent in a long time. icon14.gif

EDIT- I just unlocked drug dealing before. How bad ass is it? This game definitely has the potential to be my favourite GTA, but I might wait until I've finished it, so I'm not basing favourtism on the fact that it's a new game.

Jessica NCT
  • Jessica NCT

Irish gangbanger

• Members

Posted 16 June 2009 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE (gta 4 gamer @ May 22 2009, 14:51)
CTW is an amazing game definately ONE of my favorite GTA's. I feel sorry for R*, they made a great game, but it has less than 100,000 sales the last time I read the "update".

That's because they didn't call it something like "Imagine Carjacking" or similar - considering how popular they are in Britain and Ireland (DS owners seem to go for the games that sceam "casual").

Neehtils
  • Neehtils

Algonquin Assassin

• Members

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:02 PM

Here is my order of fave GTA's at the mo:

1. GTA: Chinatown Wars
2. GTA: Vice City
3. GTA: San Andreas
4. GTA III
5. GTA: Liberty City Stories

bluesboyjr
  • bluesboyjr

Founder of the Zee Memorial Foundation

• Members

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:17 PM

I've played GTA 2, III, Vice City and CTW, and CTW is probably my favourite. I think it's the pick-up-and-play factor. I find myself turning it on and just driving around aimlessly - and it's as fun as heck. I think it's considerably easier than the others - I'm a guy who finds something challenging, gives up and tries again two years later. YAY SHORT ATTENTION SPAN!

Jessica NCT
  • Jessica NCT

Irish gangbanger

• Members

Posted 02 July 2009 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (CryptReaperDorian @ Jun 14 2009, 00:27)
GTA Advance is pretty much impossible to come by,

There's 14 "new and used" on the British Amazon.

Kowaah
  • Kowaah

Pseudo-Rendered

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 July 2009 - 10:56 AM

Well, totally no, yeah it's fun, sometimes i want to play it again, when i do, it takes only one minute to get me bored. Same is happening with IV for me, TLAD is somehow better.

San Andreas and both Stories games is perfect.

K-W-L
  • K-W-L

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 July 2009 - 01:12 PM

My vote is: yes.

I've only ever played 3 GTAs: VC, SA and CTW. VC and SA were great games at the time, but now that I've overplayed both of them, they seem a little boring now.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 04 July 2009 - 01:50 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 04 July 2009 - 02:00 AM.

QUOTE (Kowaah @ Jul 3 2009, 21:56)

I really disagree with that. I don't see how LCS could be called "perfect" in any sense. Maybe it's just me, but I found LCS to be quite boring. Kind of strange since it's a mafia based story, and I love the mafia theme. Outside of missions I found it got boring pretty fast.

SA, and VCS are far better, but neither are "perfect". IMO

jedi_agh
  • jedi_agh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 July 2009 - 05:20 AM

GTA Games played:

GTA 3
GTA Vice City
GTA San Andreas
GTA China Wars (Currently Playing)

For a DS game it's not bad. I like the way the touch screen is incorporated into the game (eg. high jacking the cars, breaking the glass to get out of the car, etc..) but it's not fair to compare the DS game to the PC games.

The #1 for me would be SA. That was a huge, huge map with so much to do. You could drive, fly, swim, boat, plus tons and tons of mini-games and side missions. The storyline was a bit weak. I think I liked the Vice City one better.

Overall for a DS game this one is good. Not excellent but good.

WES2000
  • WES2000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 July 2009 - 05:32 AM

I have played every game except for this one, III and VCS...

I might buy it soon, though.

Kowaah
  • Kowaah

Pseudo-Rendered

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 July 2009 - 05:20 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Jul 4 2009, 01:50)
QUOTE (Kowaah @ Jul 3 2009, 21:56)

I really disagree with that. I don't see how LCS could be called "perfect" in any sense. Maybe it's just me, but I found LCS to be quite boring. Kind of strange since it's a mafia based story, and I love the mafia theme. Outside of missions I found it got boring pretty fast.

SA, and VCS are far better, but neither are "perfect". IMO

I mostly rate gameplay and missions. That's why in my opinion those GTAs are perfect.

gta007
  • gta007

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (CryptReaperDorian @ Jun 14 2009, 00:27)
QUOTE (Jacky Fiend @ Jun 11 2009, 02:13)
Am I? I've been playing Grand Theft Auto games since 1997 when the original GTA was released. Since then I've played every game released except London '61, Advance and The Lost & Damned. I don't think I can be told that I'm "new to GTA" in any aspect of the word.

Those are the exact same ones I have yet to play. GTA Advance is pretty much impossible to come by, maybe GTA L'61 is also since I'm not sure if it's still available to get for the PC (my computer sucks so much that downloading GTA(1) or GTA2 from R* classics site would take like over 30 hours but my friend can download them), and I have a PS3 and not a Xbox 360 so I can't get TLAD (or TBOGT when it's released).

Anyways, GTA CW is amazing but it isn't my favorite GTA. My favorite GTA is a tie between GTA IV and GTA SA. I just love GTA CW's use of the touch screen to hijack vehicles, scratchcards, cutting open backs of stolen trucks to get stuff, etc.

its my favorite so far

1 CTW
2 San Andreas
3 Vice City

By the way i do own the GTA Advance still

WES2000
  • WES2000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 July 2009 - 04:39 PM

I played it, and it was good. Not my number one favorite, but still a favorite.

Probably this :-

1. IV
2. San An
3. CTW

Ferdo
  • Ferdo

Hullabaloo!

• Members

Posted 07 July 2009 - 05:10 PM

No, It isnt.. I love GTA IV more inlove.gif

Ondori412
  • Ondori412

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 July 2009 - 05:15 PM

I love this game, it has a lot of the humor that was missing from GTA 3 all the way leading up to 4, sure they had some comical parts, but this game reverts back to the wackyness that GTA 1 and 2 were famous for. The touch screen controls are implemented very well, though they're not necessary, they add more depth and involvement to the game, not to mention the whole drug dealing aspect is incredibly simplistic, (buy low, sell high, etc) It's really addicting.

The characters are also fantastic, Huang lee is a sarcastic rich boy who knows how to hold his own and isn't afraid to speak his mind. Every Character, in some way, is hilarious and adds a lot to the game. I've only played about 15% of the missions but so far the story is great and it keeps me playing.

On to the Graphics. People tend to believe that, just because it's a top-down viewing angle, that makes the game 2-D. it's not. The only remotely 2-D aspect about this game may be the character sprites, but even they have some depth to them. The city is completely 3-D, as are the vehicles, objects, etc.. The car's also display fairly realistic physics.

I also love the new way to deal with cops, instead of being a defensive driver and trying to lose the cops, you now have the option to smash those bastards off the road to lose them, nothing says carnage and mayhem than some brutal cop massacres!

All in all this is one of my favorite games in the series. i give it a 9.5/10

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:57 AM

I have to agree with the humor. I've laughed at some many of the cut scenes. Some people might find it hard, because it's written not spoken, but the humor in CTW is absolutely golden. Probably more than VC, and SA in some ways IMO.

Chunk
  • Chunk

Gangsta

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:46 PM

It's not my favourite GTA, IV takes that place.

CTW is definitely up there though.

miguelangelv7
  • miguelangelv7

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:43 PM

my top 5 favortie list is
1.GTA SA
2.GTA IV
3.GTA VC
4.GTA lll

homedog
  • homedog

Sup

• Members

Posted 15 July 2009 - 01:26 AM

I'm not too sure if Chinatown Wars is my favorite GTA game; but I know it's one of my favorites (with IV and Vice City).

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE (homedog @ Jul 15 2009, 12:26)
I'm not too sure if Chinatown Wars is my favorite GTA game; but I know it's one of my favorites (with IV and Vice City).

Two minds think alike. That's how I feel. CTW, IV, and VC are my most loved GTAs, but to pick an overall favourite is almost impossible for me.

They all have something I like about them. CTW for its unique gameplay, and humor. IV for its gritty nature, and refined core gameplay, and VC for its 1980s atmosphere, and Scarface style storyline.

It there was an option to have more than one favourite GTA listed in my profile, I would have all three of them.

Huang Lee
  • Huang Lee

catching crabs off a Swiss tourist

• Members

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:05 PM

I like it the best, tied with IV. They're the only games I've played! D :

supermortalhuman
  • supermortalhuman

522A4EA9

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:24 PM

I voted no, for pretty much the exact same reasons, but opposite, as the OP. This game was not that great at all.

mjw911
  • mjw911

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (General Goose @ May 20 2009, 17:53)
Due to only playing a few GTAs, CTW is so far my favourite.

you are crazy

Vice46
  • Vice46

Tommy Vercetti

• Members

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (ScratchCard @ May 20 2009, 17:45)
Is GTA CTW your favorite GTA? Can a game on a inferior console be your favorite, above the superior consoles?

Imo, yes. CTW was way more fun then IV. The story is alright, missions are more fun (more original then IV), and there are many things to do in CTW. CTW isn't limited by the DS's power. The isometric view isn't annoying and the graphics are alright.

I simply love CTW.

Drug dealing > Going out with friends.

CTW is my favourite GTA(all 3D GTA was my favorite tounge2.gif ), but i guess it can't compared with IV since IV release on 360,ps3 &pc when CTW release on DS

DS is more superior than other video game console on sales

because Nintendo already sold it 100 milion unit

when 360 only sales 40 milion unit

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

Emulator user

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:38 AM Edited by /.:Nokiaman:.\, 23 July 2009 - 10:06 AM.

No it's not.
My list:
GTA LCS/VCS
III,VC
SA
IV
GTA1,2
CTW
Advance

Jessica NCT
  • Jessica NCT

Irish gangbanger

• Members

Posted 23 July 2009 - 07:32 PM

Whilst it's one of the best games I've played on the DS (only outdone by New Super Mario Bros, Mario Kart and Mario and Sonic at the Olympics), it's conversely one of the worst GTAs I've played.

In order:

1 - GTA:SA
2 - GTA:VC (set a year later and it'd be my fav - if only 'cos I was born in 87)
3 - GTA3
4 - GTA:CW
5 - GTA1
6 - GTA2

(I was never a big fan of the topdown ones.)

zeppelincheetah
  • zeppelincheetah

Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 July 2009 - 01:13 AM

not my favorite (that's GTA III) but it's still really f*cking good! It's better than GTA IV in terms of story and fun and content. But I end up playing IV more often because I prefer to play in full 3d with great graphics and physics. It's a better game than GTA IV.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users