» «
Photo

Call of Duty: Black Ops

2,616 replies to this topic
Breaking Bohan
  • Breaking Bohan

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:13 PM Edited by Breaking Bohan, 09 November 2011 - 11:20 PM.

Could someone please answer this question for me:

When you play multi-player with this game, and if you do not buy all the additional map-packs, does the game keep trying to play those additional maps and then dump the player out into the lobby if they don't have that map?

This kept happening to me in World at War and I found it to be extremely annoying. I don't know if COD:MW2 had additional map-packs, and I never purchased any, but MW2 never tries to play any additional maps I don't have.

Thanks to anyone who can answer.

EDIT: @greasepalms - thanks for that, well I may check this out then if I can get one at reasonable price

Twang.
  • Twang.

No greater good, no just cause.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE (Breaking Bohan @ Wednesday, Nov 9 2011, 17:13)
Could someone please answer this question for me:

When you play multi-player with this game, and if you do not buy all the additional map-packs, does the game keep trying to play those additional maps and then dump the player out into the lobby if they don't have that map?

This kept happening to me in World at War and I found it to be extremely annoying. I don't know if COD:MW2 had additional map-packs, and I never purchased any, but MW2 never tries to play any additional maps I don't have.

Thanks to anyone who can answer.

Can't say for certain, but I played Blops at my brother's house (with none of my DLCs) and all we got were the disc maps. I think it tries to put you in lobbies with people who also don't have the DLC.

Greasepalms
  • Greasepalms

Ya gon' dun goof'd up

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:08 PM

There's a seperate lobby for DLC.

There's Core, Barebones, hardcore and DLC.
I don't own any of the dlc and was never put in a dlc map lobby.

Twang.
  • Twang.

No greater good, no just cause.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:52 AM

QUOTE (Greasepalms @ Wednesday, Nov 9 2011, 18:08)
There's a seperate lobby for DLC.

There's Core, Barebones, hardcore and DLC.
I don't own any of the dlc and was never put in a dlc map lobby.

Pretty sure if you have the DLC and go in to Core, you'll get matches on the DLC maps. Unless they've changed it since I last went online at home (it has been a while...), I always just did Core>Ground War and got any and all maps.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:03 AM Edited by finn4life, 14 November 2011 - 09:14 AM.

56 for 26 today on headquarters firing range, no killstreaks other than spyplane, i had several captures and defends as well, i ended up with a score over 6000, and we won some number to 30.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
-----------
In other news:
I am yet to get the DLC, and i think i still will despite the release of mw3 its not too expensive, there may have been a price drop since mw3 as well.

Edit: No price drop sad.gif still the usual $23 Au.

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:28 PM

Beat the storyline last night on PS3, only took about 6 hours total. Did anyone else ever encounter a glitch on the last mission where you couldn't swim to the underwater station because of invisible walls? I ended up having to restart to try to get around it. mad.gif

Also, 1500 Combat training kills in 3 hours. <3

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2011 - 12:35 AM Edited by finn4life, 25 December 2011 - 07:53 AM.

IMportant question.

Can you disable the f*cking DLC on BLOPS PS3?

I am sick of being put into lobbies with the same people every single day since i got the DLC, and everybody is fairly on par, and it makes it extremely difficult to get good killstreaks as everyone knows my play style.

Well if anyone cares heres how i did it.

> Sign In > Account Management > System Activation > PS3 System > Game > then press Deactivate

It deactivates all downlaoded games or something.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users