2,616 replies to this topic
oldage
  • oldage

Boss

• Members

Posted 25 May 2009 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE (Seddo @ May 24 2009, 22:13)
QUOTE (Enjoii @ May 24 2009, 19:47)
QUOTE (gta 4 gamer @ May 24 2009, 19:30)
WAW
[...]
-No grenade spam

Gotta say I don't agree with this. I don't know if you played it on Veteran or not, but there were ridiculous amounts of 'nade spam, far more than Modern Warfare.

Especially on that bastard f*cking mission 'Heart of the Reich'.

I bloody hated that mission with a passion. It should of given you a checkpoint when you reached that little building thing in the middle mad.gif .

Nah, it should of gave you a checkpoint once you killed like 50 nazi's, (they kept coming angry.gif )
I still remember the first time I played it.
I got them all and was at the pillar part...I didn't know it would fall.
the bazooka's shot it, it fell and I was right beneath it.
AGAIN THAT WHOLE NAZI KILLING PART mad.gif

gta 4 gamer
  • gta 4 gamer

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 May 2009 - 06:05 PM

Call of duty 7 is probably going to come out in less than a year when mw2 is released. Afterall, the senior animator guy in Treyarch said that they are "working" on it. I feel that is going to be a bad bad idea..It'll be bad for IW ALOT..People will just want to buy Cod: 7.

EDIT: About the nade spam, I meant in MP. The grenades radius became smaller and instead of 3 max grenades, 2 are the max. And yes, the nade spam on veteran is terrible. I finished about 6 missions on veteran and stayed around 90 minutes doing each of them. icon13.gif

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:29 AM

QUOTE (Shylock @ May 24 2009, 19:56)
It's usually the people who need P90's and fully auto guns for kills who complain about WaW.

Both games are fun, don't be such whine babies because you couldn't make the transition to different (harder to use) guns.

I wouldnt say it was that at all. I personally think the BEST thing about WaW is the Bolt action rifles WITHOUT scopes. And possibly the flamethrower, unlimited own ftw.

One example of the lunacy of it, SILENCERS ON WW2 WEAPONS WTF. I mean come on seriously. Red dot sights? you gotta be f*cking kidding me. Even if it does look like ben franklin's monicle its still stupid.

The perks were even worse and dogs were more annoying than the choppers. And dont get me started on the invincible tanks. And the non existant transport vehicles they had in cod3.

Totally uninspired. And it all boils down to the fact that its just a slightly worse version of COD4, but in WW2, which imo is probably the least interesting war right now, especially for games.

The next HAS to be vietnam or newer otherwise I aint buying.

WaW was better than COD3 though, storywise at least. They couldnt even get detail on guns for f*ck sake. A lee enfield iron sight is circular not f*cking square. And there is not a hamster training wheel on the Bren.

Failure
  • Failure

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 26 May 2009 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE (gta 4 gamer @ May 24 2009, 18:03)
QUOTE ([GTA Man)
cycon77foamy[GTA Man],May 24 2009, 12:47]

Also as a Wii owner its nice that Treyarch took the time to make a Wii port of WaW (whose multi-player is as everybit as addictive as the 360/PS3/PC versions albiet cut-down) as Infinity Ward didnt make one for MW. Which was a bit disappointing.

Dare I say this: In my opinion Treyarch are more "gamer friendly" than Infinity ward. More map packs, zombie mode.(Which is better than arcade mode.) I don't get why IW only made 1 map pack. Should have made atleast a few more. But MW is still my choice of a better game.

You do realise that the Zombie mode was inspired by a modification (condoned by IW) for the PC version of Modern Warfare?

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 26 May 2009 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (elanman @ May 26 2009, 16:51)
QUOTE (gta 4 gamer @ May 24 2009, 18:03)
QUOTE ([GTA Man)
cycon77foamy[GTA Man],May 24 2009, 12:47]

Also as a Wii owner its nice that Treyarch took the time to make a Wii port of WaW (whose multi-player is as everybit as addictive as the 360/PS3/PC versions albiet cut-down) as Infinity Ward didnt make one for MW. Which was a bit disappointing.

Dare I say this: In my opinion Treyarch are more "gamer friendly" than Infinity ward. More map packs, zombie mode.(Which is better than arcade mode.) I don't get why IW only made 1 map pack. Should have made atleast a few more. But MW is still my choice of a better game.

You do realise that the Zombie mode was inspired by a modification (condoned by IW) for the PC version of Modern Warfare?

Zombie modifications were in Call of Duty, United Offensive, Call of Duty 2 and Call of Duty 4...

And besides, how is a 'Co-Operative Nazi Zombies' the same thing as the zombie modifications that were created for each PC Call of Duty title up to date? They are entirely different.

It's like saying Left4Dead is the same as Nazi Zombies. They have the same theme but they aren't the same. Heck, L4D and Nazi Zombies look more 'alike' or are more 'the same' than the zombie mods for the previous COD titles and Nazi Zombies...

Jesus'En'Hitler420
  • Jesus'En'Hitler420

Suck on that missle cock

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 06:55 PM

Gawd, I wish it was 2002 and the first CoD was coming out, that'd be worth the hype.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (Jesus'En'Hitler420 @ May 26 2009, 19:55)
Gawd, I wish it was 2002 and the first CoD was coming out, that'd be worth the hype.

The hype was justified back then ... the hype with CoD2, CoD4 and the 'small hype' with World at War weren't justified.

And so goddamn true... I'm going to reinstall the good ol' CoD games again.

AlianAnt
  • AlianAnt

For those about to rock!

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (fullmetal @ May 26 2009, 14:14)
QUOTE (Jesus'En'Hitler420 @ May 26 2009, 19:55)

The hype was justified back then ... the hype with CoD2, CoD4 and the 'small hype' with World at War weren't justified.

And so goddamn true... I'm going to reinstall the good ol' CoD games again.

You know what? You've been going on and on and on about how sh*tty the CoD games have been since CoD2, and that anyone who disagrees with you is a 12 year old playing CoD4 on an Xbox 360, gizzing buckets about the UAV. Well, allow me to gizz buckets all over your ludicrous idea.

Remember playing Doom when it was still spanking new? Hey, I do!
Remember playing Duke Nukem 3D when it was still spanking new? Hey, I do! I was, like, 6 years old!
Remember all those hours you spent playing Quake 3: Arena? Hey, I do!
Remember how mind blowing the first Rainbow Six game was? Hey, I do!
Remember playing Half-Life the day it came out? Hey, I do!
Remember playing Goldeneye 007 for hours on end, unlocking all the cheats? Hey, I do!
Remember playing Conter-Strike for hours on end, too? Hey, I do!
Remember the first CoD, with that unheard of multiplayer pacing, and that insane Stalingrad mission? Hey, I do!
Remember your dick exploding when you finally got your hands on the Gravity Gun in Half-Life 2? Hey, I do!

Well, I could keep going on, but let me get down to how all this makes you an idiot.

So, all that's gotta say I'm a pretty experienced PC FPS player. I've got about a decade and a half of hardcore PC FPS experience under my belt, and I don't think I've yet to play any major PC FPS. Wanna know the best FPS I have ever played?

WHY, CALL OF DUTY 4.... ON THE XBOX 360! GHASP! Maybe I need to sh*t all over your reasons why CoD4 sucked, too.

Seems you like to bitch a lot about the UAV. Well, sir, the UAV is f*cking genius. It does three things brilliantly well: 1.) it rewards a player for getting a 3-kill-streak, something that should be rewarded with something other than a guy going "OMG U KILD 3 GUIZ" 2.) it increases the already intensely fast pace of the CoD multiplayer matches, which can only be a f*cking good thing because no FPS has ever been filled with enough action 3.) It can be used as a tactical device for extremely good teamwork in more tight, no-respawn gametypes. If someone gets a UAV and saves it, it can be what makes or breaks your victory come the final round in Search and Destroy.

BUT IT MUST JUST BE AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE HANDED OUT TO ANYONE FOR ANY REASON!

You seem to like to bitch a lot about the weapons, too. Well, let me ask you this: is the standard issue rifle for a US Marine an M1 Garand? F*ck no, it's not. Let's say they made the game take place in your precious WW2, where your precious M1 Garand waits for you. I sure as f*ck wouldn't have played the game, and I seriously doubt you would have either, because WW2 is f*cking boring. Now, I mowed those 12 year olds down like they were sacks of bricks with f*cking pistols. I went on a 50 game win streak, sir, and you can look up my f*cking gamertag if you wanna see if you can try to call me out in a lie. I hate using this argument, but maybe you just sucked. But I don't think it was maybe you sucked. You sucked. Your argument where you're the only one who has any "good" shooter experience and everyone else is an idiot falls through, too. Don't insult my intelligence, and I won't insult yours.

*ahem*

As for another CoD game, honestly, keep them coming. I can't say I've played any of the Treyarch games in the series, and I seriously doubt I will, but they sell like hotcakes. If they sell like hotcakes, that means IW is going to get a greenlight to develop whatever f*cking CoD game they can think of, which only brings more brilliance, across the board, at 60 f*cking frames per second, with multiplayer that makes me wonder how the hell I ever got into any other game's multiplayer in the first place.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:52 PM

Well I never said the games were bad. It seems that you have never read any of my posts since I never complained about UAV... never complained about the weapons itself. I just find it sad that they dumbed down the gameplay. Automatic weapons are superiour in every way and have NO drawbacks whatsoever. Rifles on the other hand have only but disadvantages. (only at far range, but if you're 'skilled' enough and don't have a attention span of a retarded person with the intelligence of a lampshade, then you might even pop the suckers with rifles/sniper rifles with automatic weapons at far range)

By the way, I never said the games were bad. They are just 'decent up to good FPS shooters that had their epic moments (in singleplayer and online). The thing is, with all the additions (red dots/death icons/grenade icons/hit blimps) you get too much aid. Yes, hardcore solves most of the problems you say... it doesn't. Automatic weapons are still far more superiour and they still lack recoil. Rifles become one shot one kill... but then again, hit blimps stay there.

Nitpicking? Might be ... and I do love the series... and I shall keep on buying/playing them. But I do notice that the time spent with each game is dramatically shrinking.

And calling someone an idiot for having his opinion? Ok, then you're just a retard who needs overpowered automatic weapons and magic red dot icons to display the enemy position... grenade icons to show you where the grenade has fallen (even though you hear an massive BONK sound of the grenade falling on the floor)....

I have never said that everyone who disagrees with me is a 12 year old playing Call of Duty on the Xbox... you just twist my words.

Anyways... fine I'm an idiot then. Glad that someone over the internet said it to me. Boy do I feel bad now...

AlianAnt
  • AlianAnt

For those about to rock!

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:15 PM

I counter your lies with your own!

QUOTE (fullmetal)

I'm afraid though that most of you will find the lack of health regeneration, lack of grenade icons, lack of enemy icons and such extremely annoying.

QUOTE (fullmeta)

Both games are being dominated by the overpowered automatic weapons. It's sad to see the lack of skilled snipers or the nearly extinct type of player: the bolt action rifle player!

I expect Modern Warfare 2 to be a bigger sprayfest... but who knows, they might even try to make the game somewhat realistic/authentic again (COD/UO formula) instead of the basic sprayfest in shoebox maps (COD2/4 formula).

But, whatever. If you wanna hate CoD4 all day, go right on ahead. I just think that you might be waisting your time posting multiple times a page about how no one should be eagerly awaiting the next one. And about needing all the dots and such, didn't I already list all the years I didn't need that stuff? But, I digress. Whatever floats your freakin' boat. Oh, and, if you don't like the radar and all that, you could just try Hardcore mode. If you're looking for a more hardcore experience, that would probably be your ticket.

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:28 PM

Time for a little bump. Although there has been no substantial amount of information released, Activision have announced that the game is due for a 2010 release, and the following article has a couple more pieces of info;
Earlier this year, Treyarch was reportedly seeking new music for the game, and such tracks included "Vietnam War-era tunes, as well as Cuban, African, and Soviet Union music,"

heard from Treyarch's senior producer that World at War would be the last CoD title to be set in World War II

http://www.psxextrem...-news/6093.html

downlink
  • downlink

oh my godd you guyss, check it out!!!

• Members

Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:36 PM

I'd love to see it set in 'Nam.

WhatsPoppin
  • WhatsPoppin

Spreading peace and friendship wherever I post

• Members

Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:52 PM

Well if is in 'nam they can just keep the Thumper(best weapon ever) from MW2 since they probably use the same engine, Also i hope it has unscoped Bolt Actions or is that too old by Vietnam

It will be weird because the weapons will be a mix of WW2 weapons and more modern weapons

Jackal1337
  • Jackal1337

Gayest Boy in Town

• Members

Posted 07 November 2009 - 01:05 PM

guys treyarch isnt bad at all, you guys are just whining cos COD5 had "old" guns and no red dot sights

downlink
  • downlink

• Members

Posted 07 November 2009 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE (Jackal1337 @ Nov 7 2009, 13:05)
guys treyarch isnt bad at all, you guys are just whining cos COD5 had "old" guns and no red dot sights

No, the weapons are ok, except that all the SMG's are overpowered and have virtually no recoil when compared to real life. Also, not to mention that the MP40 kills someone in like 3 shots, even with juggernaught, and if it has the roundrun you're able to spray for a good 20 seconds. icon13.gif

Then the tanks. Those F*ckin' tanks, they just ruined the whole game experience for me, as their isn't really anything to counter them apart from RPG's, but the RPG's are weak as hell in CoD:WaW when compared to CoD4.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 07 November 2009 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (fullmetal @ May 26 2009, 23:52)
The thing is, with all the additions (red dots/death icons/grenade icons/hit blimps) you get too much aid.

It's not like you're the only one with automatic weapons and red dot sights and aid so I don't know what are you talking about. Other players have that as well.

downlink
  • downlink

• Members

Posted 07 November 2009 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Nov 7 2009, 13:34)
QUOTE (fullmetal @ May 26 2009, 23:52)
The thing is, with all the additions (red dots/death icons/grenade icons/hit blimps) you get too much aid.

It's not like you're the only one with automatic weapons and red dot sights and aid so I don't know what are you talking about. Other players have that as well.

There's always Hardcore. wink.gif

WelcomeToLibertyCity
  • WelcomeToLibertyCity

City of Angels

• Members

Posted 07 November 2009 - 01:46 PM

I hope they have some type of zombie mode in this one, it would be kickass.

And if this game is set in 'Nam or during the Cuban Missle Crisis, I'm definately going to buy buy it. I love the tropical/jungle setting from Japan in WaW, it would be 10x better in Vietnam or Cuba.

arsenal_fan
  • arsenal_fan

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 07 November 2009 - 01:55 PM

Cuba would be made as, a 'what if' war between America and Russia would be awesome imo. Vietnam would be acceptable as well but if it is WW2 again then FORGET ABOUT IT!

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 07 November 2009 - 02:31 PM

It has to be Vietnam. WW2 is overused Middle East as well. We need a current gen Vietnam game ASAP.

marexx
  • marexx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 November 2009 - 03:26 PM

Id love to see Vietnam, Gothic Serpent or the Falklands.

baptiste
  • baptiste

Docking request accepted

• Zaibatsu

Posted 07 November 2009 - 06:26 PM

Dedicated servers?

Were
  • Were

Pc gamer

• Members

Posted 07 November 2009 - 07:44 PM

No one likes WW1? sad.gif

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 07 November 2009 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE (baptiste @ Nov 7 2009, 19:26)
Dedicated servers?

Well that's the question now... I'm curious how this will go...

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 07 November 2009 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (Were @ Nov 7 2009, 21:44)

Hey guys, let's dash across this field here and clear a trench, get pushed back and do it all over again for eight campaign missions.

BLTZKRG
  • BLTZKRG

Be polite. Be efficient.

• Members

Posted 09 November 2009 - 03:52 AM

I hope that it is set in Vietnam. Of all the great wars they can use, they haven't done Vietnam.

Also, there is a lot of hate going around in the internets for Call of Duty 4 and Modern Warfare 2. If I remember correctly, one even went so far to rename it as

Grenade of Grenade: Grenade Grenade
and
Grenade of Grenade: Grenade Grenade 2

Talk about hate for grenades. IW also released a video about hate for grenade spam too.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 09 November 2009 - 04:01 AM

QUOTE (Were @ Nov 7 2009, 20:44)

Well if they did WW1 we might see the single player campaign reach double figures in terms of how many hours the campaign will last tounge.gif

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE (marexx @ Nov 7 2009, 15:26)
Id love to see Vietnam, Gothic Serpent or the Falklands.

f*ck yes.

Desert storm would be very nice too.

But its about time we got a decent vietnam game.

If they do, treyarch could just about pull their arses out from underneath IW and maybe make a game people wont get pissed the f*ck off with.

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

Superbowl 48 Champs! GO SEAHAWKS!!

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:04 AM

one huge issue i had was the fact that WaW was set in WWII. i did about 4 campaign missions got bored and hoped on multiplayer which i played until i was lvl 12 and havent played it since. infact that was about 7 months ago and i ended up trading it for Madden 10 which has kept me way more entertained.

@sniper fans: i hate the fact that most people run around with the UAV jammer and a light machine gun or a submachine gun. personally i love picking some one off from a distance but thankfully im a good all around player to where i can play with an assault riffle or a submachine gun or a light machine gun whilst racking up at least 15 kills with atleast a 5 k/d spread.

gtathebest4ever
  • gtathebest4ever

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:01 PM

I one of the few that actually look forward to CoD7. Sure, I'm not just gonna go to a store and buy it without checking it out on the internet, but I liked WaW, and if this is as good, or better than WaW was, I'm getting it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users