Call of Duty: Black Ops

2,616 replies to this topic
Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:45 PM

Has Call of Duty ever covered The Eastern Front yet? CoD: Enemy at the Gates could be interesting. tounge.gif Though I'm still rooting for Vietnam or a more modern war (just as long as it isn't the Gulf War).

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (Jacky Fiend @ May 20 2009, 22:45)
Has Call of Duty ever covered The Eastern Front yet? CoD: Enemy at the Gates could be interesting. tounge.gif Though I'm still rooting for Vietnam or a more modern war (just as long as it isn't the Gulf War).

CoD:WaW and Call of Duty 2 both had Russian elements, hell, I even the think CoD1 did it. CoD3 had Poles.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:48 PM

What about a member of the French Resistance? That might add an interesting angle to the story.

Wolverine.
  • Wolverine.

[Z]

• Members

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:51 PM

If they're planning to make CoD7, I will most likely not get it. Only, and I mean ONLY, if they make it look way more original then whatever IW has to offer. And if the war takes place in Bosnia. They have to cover the Srebrenica Massacre. That is a must!

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:54 PM

Please buy the 'Deluxe/Game of the Year' packs of Call of Duty (containing Call of Duty, United Offensive and in some cases maybe even Call of Duty 2: consoleport).

The best Russian campaign to be depicted in a videogame were in Call of Duty and United Offensive. Even now they are still worth playing.

Especially the epic Stalingrad scene... I will never forget the first time playing that scene. I suggest that you do not look it up on youtube and just buy both games. You will be amazed by how good those Call of Duty's were.

I'm afraid though that most of you will find the lack of health regeneration, lack of grenade icons, lack of enemy icons and such extremely annoying. That was the core gameplay and that was perfect until they had to focus on console/dumbed down gameplay.

But yet again: buy and play the singleplayer of Call of Duty and United Offensive. It's brilliant, maybe even the best singleplayer of all Call of Duty's (Call of Duty 2 was boring, except for Pointe du Hoc and some other missions. Call of Duty 3 didn't seem to be that exciting, haven't played the campaign, Call of Duty 4 had a good storyline but to be honest I find it lacking.

World at War could've been better if they hadn't advertised 24-guy so much and spent more time writing a good script/good story that was more exciting than just a grasp of different missions that didn't have any real connection. Heck, they had better thrown in more nations and more variation then the 'grasp' of different missions would somewhat make sense and the failing storyline wouldn't be so clear.

They better come with a solid storyline this time around...

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE (Wolverine. @ May 20 2009, 22:51)
If they're planning to make CoD7, I will most likely not get it. Only, and I mean ONLY, if they make it look way more original then whatever IW has to offer. And if the war takes place in Bosnia. They have to cover the Srebrenica Massacre. That is a must!

They wouldn't. It's a simple shooter, not Band of Brothers.

ioN
  • ioN

derp

• Members

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (oldage @ May 20 2009, 15:42)
beh, I'm generally pretty interested in WWII, so I don't have any problems if it's still WWII.

but hell, all I want now is a zombie mode...I got addicted to WaW....
and I so enjoyed raping Japanese with my bayonet biggrin.gif

Then you'll love re-killing then in the new DLC coming out this June called Shi No Numa (The Zombie Swamp) With Flaming dogs, Yes Flaming f*cking undead dogs running at you. And Japanese zombies. I just can't wait. I think I'll go crazy if I don't get it day one.

Also I'm very interested in WWII to. Better then some made up war where the good guys will win no matter what the situation. Like what happened in the end of MW. Soap finished Zakaev(SP?) and is now a Captain in MW2. The good guys won the war. I really wanna see a game were the good guys loose in the story. Like what happens in Multiplayer games. It's anyone's battle.

But does anyone ever explain their hate towards Treyarch? I don't think so. They just say CoD3 and that's all. I actually liked it. And I only played the demo on My brothers 360. I was also gonna pick it up awhile ago but got R6V instead.

Also I'm not even picking up MW2(Well I might for the story and maybe the first 75 or how ever many levels there are in online. But if MAG comes out before MW2, Which it is, I'll only pick up MW2 for the story and the new terrorist missions like in the end of MW. If it's a story unlock it will be better.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE (ioN @ May 20 2009, 23:19)
But does anyone ever explain their hate towards Treyarch? I don't think so. They just say CoD3 and that's all. I actually liked it. And I only played the demo on My brothers 360. I was also gonna pick it up awhile ago but got R6V instead.

1) They haven't played the very first two Call of Duty games.
2) They have played Call of Duty 3 (or not) and just keep on bashing them for 'that piece of sh*t' they made. To be honest: the game was really good. Online it was a heckload of fun. Haven't played the campaign though.

It's more of the Call of Duty 2 but better (with bigger maps/more of a United Offensive feel although it borrowed almost everything from Call of Duty 2).
3) Most of them are Infinity Ward (no: Call of Duty 4 on Xbox360) fanboys who have never played any quality first person shooter. They don't know what quality is but they praise Call of Duty 4 for the brilliant gameplay (which isn't that brilliant: dumbed down console FPS.

/rant

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:20 PM Edited by Daz, 21 May 2009 - 01:24 PM.

Follow the sequence:

0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1

What comes next?

If you can figure out this brainbuster you will have known this was going to happen.

Yes they suck, and I am annoyed they are calling it COD7, it should be 5 technically, seeing as they decided to cop out on the two previous games without numbers.

Here is the bottom line If this is NOT set in Vietnam or later, this game goes in the bargain bin.

(And what was wrong with treyarch for cod3 was mostly the campaign, they completely RUINED it, almost every single gun was not to scale or accurately detailed, the Bren had a god damn hamster wheel on it for christ sake, no bs. I dont give two f*cks about the canadian or polish, I wanted russians back. Online was fun and added some nice things but I hated the class system. Vehicles were next to useless too. They held rifles lame too with their thumbs exposed instead of grasping grips etc. WE ARENT APES FFS.

Next step is korea or vietnam and I wont settle for less.)

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:07 PM

Treyarch

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

CoD: WAW blew absolute balls, both campaign and multiplayer.

Singleplayer was endless strings of: "oh hey lol wats dis over her- *BOOM EXPLOSION* OH GOD TAKE COVER!"

Multiplayer was.. nothing new. Got boring quickly.

Why they're even allowing Treyarch to develop under the COD name is beyond me. Even if it's set in Vietnam I'm sure it will be sh*t unless they pull themselves together this time.

All this and MW2 is 6~ months away??

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2009 - 12:42 PM

Rumor: Next Call of Duty possibly set in Vietnam

An old link, but interesting none-the-less. I'd really like to see Call of Duty tackle Vietnam. It's been begging to be made for years now. World War II is a tired and overdone war; time to break out the new conflicts.

The inclusion of "Vietnam War era tunes, as well as Cuban, African, and Soviet Union music" makes me think of the Cuban revolution. Though that might be a little early considering it happened a bit before the Vietnam War.

[GTA Man]cycon77foamy[GTA Man]
  • [GTA Man]cycon77foamy[GTA Man]

Abandoned

• Members

Posted 24 May 2009 - 12:47 PM

I loved Call Of Duty WAW and I thought Treyarch did an excellent job with it.

Many people complain that the multi-player (in World At War) was 'nothing new' which to me translates as 'The same as Modern Warfare'. So whats the bloody problem?!

Hopefully Treyarch will make/use a different/proprietary game engine as the CoD4 engine is getting a bit old and overused (it was a freaking selling point for Quantam of Solace and WaW!) and isn't going to look that great of an engine compared to other FPS games and the engines/modified engines they use/will use.

Also as a Wii owner its nice that Treyarch took the time to make a Wii port of WaW (whose multi-player is as everybit as addictive as the 360/PS3/PC versions albiet cut-down) as Infinity Ward didnt make one for MW. Which was a bit disappointing.

gta 4 gamer
  • gta 4 gamer

Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE ([GTA Man]cycon77foamy[GTA Man] @ May 24 2009, 12:47)

Also as a Wii owner its nice that Treyarch took the time to make a Wii port of WaW (whose multi-player is as everybit as addictive as the 360/PS3/PC versions albiet cut-down) as Infinity Ward didnt make one for MW. Which was a bit disappointing.

Dare I say this: In my opinion Treyarch are more "gamer friendly" than Infinity ward. More map packs, zombie mode.(Which is better than arcade mode.) I don't get why IW only made 1 map pack. Should have made atleast a few more. But MW is still my choice of a better game.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE ([GTA Man]cycon77foamy[GTA Man] @ May 24 2009, 06:47)
Many people complain that the multi-player (in World At War) was 'nothing new' which to me translates as 'The same as Modern Warfare'. So whats the bloody problem?!

The problem is there is no reason to play it. It is like Modern Warfare except with more annoying gameplay and voiceovers, and it's WW2, not Modern Warfare.

So why play WAW when CoD4 was everything WAW wanted to be but was absolute rubbish?

gta 4 gamer
  • gta 4 gamer

Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (The Killa @ May 24 2009, 18:07)
QUOTE ([GTA Man)
cycon77foamy[GTA Man],May 24 2009, 06:47] Many people complain that the multi-player (in World At War) was 'nothing new' which to me translates as 'The same as Modern Warfare'. So whats the bloody problem?!

The problem is there is no reason to play it. It is like Modern Warfare except with more annoying gameplay and voiceovers, and it's WW2, not Modern Warfare.

So why play WAW when CoD4 was everything WAW wanted to be but was absolute rubbish?

The only difference is that WAW has an addictive minigame.

Let's compare:

MW
--Great graphics
--great gameplay
--great guns

--No addictive minigame
--IW didn't make more than one map pack.

WAW

--Trophies(Even though MW was on sale when trophies weren't available, they should have patched it in like Gta Iv and uncharted I believe.

--Nazi zombies
--Nice gameplay
-No grenade spam

--Disappointing graphics, even though it uses the same engine.
--Bad spawns(Even MW is better!!)
--More glitchy in my experience

Overall, both games were pretty good. I only play WAW nowadays for trophies or Zombies. And MW for the 10 prestige and the fun in both games!

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (gta 4 gamer @ May 24 2009, 19:30)
WAW
[...]
-No grenade spam

Gotta say I don't agree with this. I don't know if you played it on Veteran or not, but there were ridiculous amounts of 'nade spam, far more than Modern Warfare.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:59 PM

NAzi Zombies doesn't justify spending $60 worth of sh*t

El Zilcho
  • El Zilcho

Virtuoso

• The Connection
  • European-Union

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:04 PM

Yes, Treyarch suck epic balls. Seriously, I'm not really thinking 7 is going to be worth any of my cash; 6 on the other hand inlove.gif I'm pumped for that release, the spin off series looks to overshadow the (now crap) original series.

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

The Droogs, Finally real rapists on the scene.

• Members

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:06 PM

A seventh Call of Duty?
*face palm*
I thought 4 was enough.

oldage
  • oldage

Boss

• Members

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:20 PM

I honestly never tried COD4, I started with COD5...nowadays I only play waw (rarely) for nazi zombies.

Guess I'll try MW2 some day if it's really that good.

Shylock
  • Shylock

Gedachtnisse sind genau das.

• The Precinct

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:56 PM

It's usually the people who need P90's and fully auto guns for kills who complain about WaW.

Both games are fun, don't be such whine babies because you couldn't make the transition to different (harder to use) guns.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE (Shylock @ May 24 2009, 20:56)
It's usually the people who need P90's and fully auto guns for kills who complain about WaW.

Both games are fun, don't be such whine babies because you couldn't make the transition to different (harder to use) guns.

Both games are being dominated by the overpowered automatic weapons. It's sad to see the lack of skilled snipers or the nearly extinct type of player: the bolt action rifle player!

I expect Modern Warfare 2 to be a bigger sprayfest... but who knows, they might even try to make the game somewhat realistic/authentic again (COD/UO formula) instead of the basic sprayfest in shoebox maps (COD2/4 formula).

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (fullmetal @ May 24 2009, 21:13)
Both games are being dominated by the overpowered automatic weapons. It's sad to see the lack of skilled snipers or the nearly extinct type of player: the bolt action rifle player!
I expect Modern Warfare 2 to be a bigger sprayfest... but who knows, they might even try to make the game somewhat realistic/authentic again (COD/UO formula) instead of the basic sprayfest in shoebox maps (COD2/4 formula).

The skilled snipers in Modern Warfare don't use automatic sniper rifles, they use bolt action rifles. This could also partly be because there are no automatic sniper rifles in the game.

As for being a 'sprayfest', what can be expected? The audience for these games is much more widespread and mainstream than it used to be, developers have to make games more accessible, playable and enjoyable for casual players, while still providing to those more hardcore players. And I think that Infinity Ward did a good job on that with MW, and I have no doubt that they will be able to do the same again. Nobody is able to definitively decide what makes a quality game, I personally didn't think that the early CoD games were anything special. So, developers have to create a balance.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (Pr0xy_fl00d3r @ May 24 2009, 20:06)
A seventh Call of Duty?
*face palm*
I thought 4 was enough.

There's 13 Grand Theft Auto games. wink.gif

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

The Droogs, Finally real rapists on the scene.

• Members

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE (Jacky Fiend @ May 24 2009, 23:07)
A seventh Call of Duty?
*face palm*
I thought 4 was enough.

But they're awesome, not repetettive games about reinacting some war that occured years ago wink.gif

Like I said, I love the first 3 CoD's, especially the 1st one, infact I was playing that not long ago.

bigmike72
  • bigmike72

your mom was awesome

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE (Jacky Fiend @ May 24 2009, 22:07)
A seventh Call of Duty?
*face palm*
I thought 4 was enough.

yeah but the sh*t dont come out ever year this ain't madden whats next COD:2010

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (Enjoii @ May 24 2009, 19:47)
QUOTE (gta 4 gamer @ May 24 2009, 19:30)
WAW
[...]
-No grenade spam

Gotta say I don't agree with this. I don't know if you played it on Veteran or not, but there were ridiculous amounts of 'nade spam, far more than Modern Warfare.

Especially on that bastard f*cking mission 'Heart of the Reich'.

I bloody hated that mission with a passion. It should of given you a checkpoint when you reached that little building thing in the middle mad.gif .

DC93
  • DC93

Mako Eyes.

• Members

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE (gta 4 gamer @ May 24 2009, 18:30)
MW

--No addictive minigame

Meaning IW didn't need to make a minigame in order to keep a large fanbase going, same goes with the maps.

[GTA Man]cycon77foamy[GTA Man]
  • [GTA Man]cycon77foamy[GTA Man]

Abandoned

• Members

Posted 25 May 2009 - 01:13 AM

QUOTE (DC93 @ May 25 2009, 09:48)
MW

--No addictive minigame

Meaning IW didn't need to make a minigame in order to keep a large fanbase going, same goes with the maps.

CoD 4 fans must be simple liking the same thing with nothing new added. A little fanservice from IW woudn't hurt and would have been nice like what Bungie did with Halo3, what Criterion is doing with Burnout Paradise and what Treyarch did for WaW!

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:13 AM

QUOTE ([GTA Man]cycon77foamy[GTA Man] @ May 25 2009, 02:13)
QUOTE (DC93 @ May 25 2009, 09:48)
MW

--No addictive minigame

CoD 4 fans must be simple liking the same thing with nothing new added. A little fanservice from IW woudn't hurt and would have been nice like what Bungie did with Halo3, what Criterion is doing with Burnout Paradise and what Treyarch did for WaW!

Are you crazy? You can't talk bad about Infinity Ward! It's a well known fact that Treyarch are a bunch of losers who can't develop games and therefor need to 'steal' everything from Infinity Ward.

The people over at Infinity Ward are just brilliant. They know how to make games. Call of Duty 2 (and especially 4) are the best FPS games ever made, we all know that!

[/sarcasm]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users