» «
Photo

proper HD HUD

19 replies to this topic
Dhatz
  • Dhatz

editor of GTA.CZ/GTA4

• Members

Posted 17 May 2009 - 03:57 PM Edited by Dhatz, 16 June 2009 - 09:53 PM.

simplier, cleaner and more realistic HUD

hi-rez 2-toned "hud_crosshair" and "hud_target" with no mipmaps
asymmetrical "loading bar"
refined "cd_spinner"
"radarringfront" changed to have a fake reflection to imitate glass
"radarringback" is semitransparent in both areas
"radar_north" is square - to be recognizable when covered by other icons
no R* and R* social club watermarks in rendered videos
"scope_bit_1" and "scope_bit_2" in scope of PSG sniper are fully visible and hi-rez
scopes made symmetrical
PSG scope with refined shape for roundness of glass and altered graphics of glass(darker on outside, through lighter, to fully transparent in center)
Sniper scope with redone border to look more like imperfect surface inside of sniper scope(dark enough to avoid excessive unrealistic brightness at night)

should work on every version, made and tested on 1.0.1
Max Payne inspired icons came out as a separate mod

the clock is a done by simple trainer for GTA IV

radar:
user posted image

crosshairs:
user posted image

loading and saving:
user posted image

psg sniper scope:
user posted image

sniper scope:
user posted image

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 17 May 2009 - 04:23 PM

Looks good, something I've been waiting for (especially the Crosshairs, since they looked really bland/pixelated... especially for such a new game!).

Don't really like the new square 'north' indicator on the radar... as for the rest, looks really clean!

Although it's pretty neat you made a 'Max Payne' styled weapon hud, I don't think it really suits GTA. I mean, I love the new system they made (well, improved the 'old'). Nontheless, good job! Can't wait to download this!

rap918
  • rap918

�rap918�

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 May 2009 - 04:53 PM

...looks nice icon14.gif

Dhatz
  • Dhatz

editor of GTA.CZ/GTA4

• Members

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:53 PM Edited by Dhatz, 17 May 2009 - 06:13 PM.

QUOTE (fullmetal @ May 17 2009, 16:23)
Looks good, something I've been waiting for (especially the Crosshairs, since they looked really bland/pixelated... especially for such a new game!).

Don't really like the new square 'north' indicator on the radar... as for the rest, looks really clean!

Although it's pretty neat you made a 'Max Payne' styled weapon hud, I don't think it really suits GTA. I mean, I love the new system they made (well, improved the 'old'). Nontheless, good job! Can't wait to download this!

I said the max payne inspired icons are a different mod, you don't download them with this one.

the crosshar is not a final version however, because the texture palcement is not completely as i thought, therefore complete roundness is not fully achieved there.

the purpose of having maximally huge north is that you cannot lose it under flood of mission icons.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:55 PM Edited by fullmetal, 17 May 2009 - 07:57 PM.

Yeah I read that about the Max Payne icons... I just wanted to 'discuss the whole package' (although it's not in this package).

And yes, I know the motivation of everything... but it's a matter of preference here: I prefer the original North icon so that's it for me then.

Good, downloading and installing now. Going to test it ingame and see for myself. Keep it up!

edit: I'm impressed... everything looks so much sharper/better. Shamefully, but that's not your fault or 'fixable' I'm afraid, the crosshair circle doesn't look sharp when it's really small (aiming when crouching/aiming when in a car). It looks really pixelated... but that could be because of the resolution (1200/1024) or just the fact that it 'compresses' the texture...

Dhatz
  • Dhatz

editor of GTA.CZ/GTA4

• Members

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (fullmetal @ May 17 2009, 18:55)
Yeah I read that about the Max Payne icons... I just wanted to 'discuss the whole package' (although it's not in this package).

And yes, I know the motivation of everything... but it's a matter of preference here: I prefer the original North icon so that's it for me then.

Good, downloading and installing now. Going to test it ingame and see for myself. Keep it up!

edit: I'm impressed... everything looks so much sharper/better. Shamefully, but that's not your fault or 'fixable' I'm afraid, the crosshair circle doesn't look sharp when it's really small (aiming when crouching/aiming when in a car). It looks really pixelated... but that could be because of the resolution (1200/1024) or just the fact that it 'compresses' the texture...

it's kind of strange why they allow mipmaps for HUD textures, when the crosshair didn't use the largest mipmap when i tried to use them.
it would be stupid if that was afected by texure resolution settings. Anyway, if i got somewhat more blur in next version, it might look better on middle resolution screens and smal crosshairs.

High
  • High

Peon

• Members

Posted 17 May 2009 - 11:03 PM

Great work as always, when will the new icons be ready?

Dhatz
  • Dhatz

editor of GTA.CZ/GTA4

• Members

Posted 18 May 2009 - 06:38 AM Edited by Dhatz, 18 May 2009 - 07:15 AM.

QUOTE (High @ May 17 2009, 23:03)

i have already packed the source files, becausethat way i get most compression out of it, but the installation from souce PNGs is kind of long.
i have to look for good compresiion because i made 4 complete variants of te layout(baseball bat/sledgehammer and subvariants for bots RPG last/thrown last).
So i may first release the source files first, because i am looking for a way how to make such .WTDs that replace one texture when importing all wtd files in Spark IV.
or i might release a large version with all packed in complete state,but again that is lots of time with my 21kbps upload speed.

I've just made a major discovery: don't use spark IV to import textures! It will damage the .wtd, it will make it unreadable in g-texture, but it still does work ingame.
don't you agree now that error unnoticed is worse than a visible one?

High
  • High

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 May 2009 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE (Dhatz @ May 18 2009, 06:38)
don't use spark IV to import textures! It will damage the .wtd, it will make it unreadable in g-texture, but it still does work ingame.

I only use OpenIV to import/export textures and i noticed the same problem, sh*t goes downhill the more i use this software. : /

simkas
  • simkas

That guy

• Members

Posted 18 May 2009 - 11:24 AM

i have already packed the source files, becausethat way i get most compression out of it, but the installation from souce PNGs is kind of long.
i have to look for good compresiion because i made 4 complete variants of te layout(baseball bat/sledgehammer and subvariants for bots RPG last/thrown last).
So i may first release the source files first, because i am looking for a way how to make such .WTDs that replace one texture when importing all wtd files in Spark IV.
or i might release a large version with all packed in complete state,but again that is lots of time with my 21kbps upload speed.

I've just made a major discovery: don't use spark IV to import textures! It will damage the .wtd, it will make it unreadable in g-texture, but it still does work ingame.

So what that it makes it unreadable in g-texture? I mean, if you already imported the texture with SparkIV, why would you need to change things in with another tool?

Dvt-MedShot
  • Dvt-MedShot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 May 2009 - 11:30 AM Edited by Dvt-MedShot, 18 May 2009 - 11:41 AM.

Nice new HUD!! cool.gif
But can someone post a video of how that new weapon 'system' looks and works?

Dhatz
  • Dhatz

editor of GTA.CZ/GTA4

• Members

Posted 18 May 2009 - 12:40 PM Edited by Dhatz, 18 May 2009 - 12:43 PM.

QUOTE (simkas @ May 18 2009, 11:24)

So what that it makes it unreadable in g-texture? I mean, if you already imported the texture with SparkIV, why would you need to change things in with another tool?

b-cause g-texture is the only tool that allows you to import different size than original, you must delete and insert, but it works flawlessly.(that's a beta too, it can't save 2048x2048 and uncompresed textures, but what else could you expect?)

@Dvt-MedShot:
here is the page of that mod. it's just changed texture and HUD parameters for every weapon's icon.

Michael2Corleone
  • Michael2Corleone

Trick

• Members

Posted 15 June 2009 - 05:55 PM

great job,love the Time hud

topeira
  • topeira

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:18 PM

i know this mod is really old but i have some questions and maybe someone can help out.

i have it installed. it's greate. but i want to change the crosshair from a circle to a cross (4 small lines) but for some reason i dont know how.

i assumed that if i will open the WTD file i will see the new icons and high defenition crosshair but when i view thw WTD file in sparkIV its the regular files.

maybe there's more to this mod but i just want to edit the shape of the crosshair and dont know how.

can anyone give me a tip?

thanks, guys

Dhatz
  • Dhatz

editor of GTA.CZ/GTA4

• Members

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (topeira @ Jan 27 2010, 20:18)
i know this mod is really old but i have some questions and maybe someone can help out.

i have it installed. it's greate. but i want to change the crosshair from a circle to a cross (4 small lines) but for some reason i dont know how.

i assumed that if i will open the WTD file i will see the new icons and high defenition crosshair but when i view thw WTD file in sparkIV its the regular files.

maybe there's more to this mod but i just want to edit the shape of the crosshair and dont know how.

can anyone give me a tip?

thanks, guys

this text is the same as in reply to your PM.

I used g-texture, so it could be edited again after saving, the textures are in hud.wtd (hud_crosshair.dds and hud_targer.dds, but i don't know if the central dot effect is completely eliminable). advice: since it's different size the mirroring point isn't exactly at the border of the textures.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:50 AM

I don't know if you're still active but I'd like to see the same kind of 'mod' for The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony. I'm used to see non pixelated crosshairs and whatnot so it's something that would really improve the experience. Have been using it ever since in IV and I can't play without it :].

topeira
  • topeira

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE (fullmetal @ Apr 16 2010, 08:50)
I don't know if you're still active but I'd like to see the same kind of 'mod' for The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony. I'm used to see non pixelated crosshairs and whatnot so it's something that would really improve the experience. Have been using it ever since in IV and I can't play without it :].

maybe the file's names are the same so the file can be swapped. worth checking out if u got EFLC.

or u can maybe use sparkIV to place the HD HUD into the files from EFLC if u know how to do that. should be too hard anyway.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:32 PM

I tried but I can't open TBOGT's HUD files because SPARK crashes. On top of that, there are alot of new icons and such (and as for the crosshairs of TLAD they're 'totally different').

Trust me, I tried those easy things wink.gif .

topeira
  • topeira

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:58 AM

QUOTE (fullmetal @ Apr 17 2010, 23:32)
I tried but I can't open TBOGT's HUD files because SPARK crashes. On top of that, there are alot of new icons and such (and as for the crosshairs of TLAD they're 'totally different').

Trust me, I tried those easy things wink.gif .

should have given u the credit for thinking about them tounge2.gif

i still havent seen a snigle EFLC mod so it's gonna take a while. besides it seems like the modders have a sorta left the scene and i dont know if the new episodes will bring them back. crossing finger of course.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:36 PM

It is possible: thing is you have to use Alexander's Decrypter: Over Here before you can open up the files.

Though; keep in mind you can't just replace IV's 'modded HUD file' with TLAD/TBOGT's HUD file. ALot of new icons and whatnot.

On top of that, if you want to do it manually it doesn't allow 'higher resolution' textures. 24x24 stays 24x24, so if anyone can help me out with that...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users