Photo

Mad Men

5 replies to this topic
Ciabatta
  • Ciabatta

Rude Boy

• Members

Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:26 PM

I looked all over this forum and I did not see one single post about Mad Men, so here is mine.

I have the first season of Mad Men on DVD and I plan to get the second season as well. I am just absolutely fascinated with the show and it's style. I am fascinated with the dialogue, the characters, everything about it is just ridiculously good except for some of the historical inaccuracy (which they wrote to fit in with the writing, but you don't do that when claim how good the historical accuracy of everything is or vice versa). I just think it's a great show and I believe that some of the themes are really relevant to today even the show takes place in the early-1960s.

I cannot wait for the third season to start up in August on AMC. If you haven't taken the time to watch this show, do it now.

How does everyone else feel about the show?

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake
  • Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

• Members

Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:34 PM

Ya, I'm pretty gay for this show. Love the stories, the acting, the characters, all of it. It's all very well done, and really entertaining. The way season 2 ended, I'm just f*cking waiting to see how the third season goes. DRAMA.

And Don Draper...a true man's man. Also, Betty and Joan are f*cking hot so I also watch for them.

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Zaibatsu

Posted 15 May 2009 - 03:24 PM

I luurve this show. The second series just finished in England and was f*cking great, it exceeds the first season although I felt the ending came a little soon. Lots of answers needed from the end regarding the fate of Sterling Cooper. But still this whole show reeks of utter coolness.

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake
  • Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

• Members

Posted 15 May 2009 - 03:28 PM

Season 3 starts here in the states in August. Can't wait, we got such a cliffhanger ending.

Betty cheats, Don leaves SC, a baby!?

Ciabatta
  • Ciabatta

Rude Boy

• Members

Posted 15 May 2009 - 05:47 PM

I'm with you guys, I thought the second season definitely trumped the first one. The story line was better, the acting was great. I think this is honestly one of the best shows on television nowadays. I think that through all the cop dramas (The Mentalist, Numbers, etc.) and hospital run-offs (Hawthorne) that this is one truly original series as is the original AMC drama Breaking Bad.

I think a great aspect of season two was Don's disappearance from the firm and the mystery he shrouded himself in when he stayed in L.A., I think that showed more of the complexity of Don and how he dealt with his fight with Betty. But the ending of the season came too early and the merger of Sterling Cooper leaves me waiting and anxious to see how that is going to turn out and how it's going to affect the characters and the type of clients they now get.

I am really anxious to see if Pete will either keep rising in his position or not and still be Don's whipping boy.

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Zaibatsu

Posted 15 May 2009 - 07:17 PM

I'm glad you mentioned Pete, he really stood out for me in the second series, whether it was dealing with the death of his father, the friction with his wife or his feelings for Peggy. His acting was top notch and it's nice to see he still has his hunting rifle biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users