48 replies to this topic
Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands
  • Best Script 2013 [DYOM]
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 16 May 2009 - 06:16 PM

Next to that, everyone who submit a photo will get 5 points. I decided to do this, because else someone with no votes will have as much points as someone who didn't even take a photo. So even when you don't think anyone would vote for you, it is better to submit a photo.

oldage
  • oldage

Boss

• Members

Posted 16 May 2009 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (Hanneswasco @ May 16 2009, 16:57)
QUOTE (oldage @ May 16 2009, 16:40)
By the way Dutchy, how many points is one vote?

Number one will gain 3 points, number two will gain 2 points, number three will gain 1 point.

Next time first look at the announcement topic. wink.gif

@ aragond: my screen is taken when Niko falls off the Rotterdam Tower. He had just blown up a helicopter, and stood a little bit to close to it.

ah sorry for that blush.gif

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 16 May 2009 - 10:55 PM

1:Gangxxter
2:CharmingCharlie
3:Firewalker999
Motivation
My main motivation was that these screens follow the theme. Gangxxter shows us Liberty city Finest. Up close and personal. CharmingCharlie combines a great screenshot with a good sense of humor, something the citizens of LC certainly need to survive in that place. And Firewalker999 shows us massive amounts of citizens, as bloodspats on the car.

lt_yao
  • lt_yao

Satie

• Members

Posted 17 May 2009 - 11:18 AM

1: Thales
2: Firewalker
3: Gangxxter
Motivation

Thales image is just crisp and love the setting of your choice, firewalker, can I put it like that? lol.
Gangxxter, love the pose.

Chunk
  • Chunk

Gangsta

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:08 PM

1:Thales100
2:Firewalker999
3:John88z
Motivation: Thales' picture was the best yet again, the fantastic quality a big factor in my decision. Firewalker's picture was the second best to me because of the angle, if it was from any other, I wouldn't have voted for it. And John's picture because of the angle yet again and the great background.

TSH
  • TSH

Liberty City

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE (Chunk @ May 17 2009, 15:08)
1:Thales100
3:John88z
Motivation: Thales' picture was the best yet again, the fantastic quality a big factor in my decision. Firewalker's picture was the second best to me because of the angle, if it was from any other, I wouldn't have voted for it. And John's picture because of the angle yet again and the great background.

and keep in mind that i play on console and i cant use video editor smile.gif

Hydro_PT
  • Hydro_PT

THE S.T.A.L.KE.R.

• Members

Posted 17 May 2009 - 02:37 PM

I think I'm going to lose my 3rd place. biggrin.gif

1:CharmingCharlie
3:Gangxxter

Motivation:

CharmingCharlie: A great picture, even though it doesn't show many citizens from Liberty City. Nonetheless, it's really good, it caught my attention. Dunno exactly why lol...
Firewalker999: I LOVE blood, peds and crashed cars. They mix so good... biggrin.gif
Gangxxter: Funniest picture on the contest so far. If only Niko could be giving the cop a donut... it would be perfect hehe.

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 17 May 2009 - 03:03 PM

1: CharmingCharlie
2: Gangxxter
3: Hanneswasco

Motivation:

I don't like votes that are saying: that is the best quality, so I'm voting for that. Why not? Because nobody can actually do something about it. You have a good PC, or you don't have it. If you only have a console, you can't do anything about it that the quality is less. Of course, a nice screen has to be from good quality, that is certainly a plus. But imo it isn't the most important reason to vote for a photo. I think, it is more important to stick to the theme and have some creativity in it. Else you are only winning because you have a better PC, and that is certainly not what this contest is all about.

In my opinion, CharmingCharlie has (again) the best photo of the round. The photo is very creative, and it certainly has something to do with the theme. There are many details in this screen, like the cigarette of the woman and the place were it was taken. I really like this screen. Second place is for Gangxxter. His photo is perfectly timed and very creative. Never saw a photo like that. The background is also beautiful. You almost knocked CharmingCharlie from the first place, too bad it hasn't many details like the one of CC does. I think Hanneswasco deserves the third place. The expression on Niko's face is brilliant, and the background is beautiful. Only thing I didn't like about this screen, is that it is only one person: Niko. The theme was "citizens of Liberty City", so I would like to see more then one citizen. And if you take only one citizen, I would like to see something different then Niko, that isn't very special. But, because this screen is perfectly taken and it is very creative, I give it the third place.

thales100
  • thales100

TripleHeader

• Members

Posted 17 May 2009 - 04:23 PM Edited by thales100, 17 May 2009 - 04:26 PM.

QUOTE (Dutchy3010 @ May 17 2009, 15:03)
I think, it is more important to stick to the theme and have some creativity in it.

Well, i think my screenshot is very creative, some participants even thought i had used a mod to take a screen of Packie holding an AK at SJ. colgate.gif

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 17 May 2009 - 04:35 PM

I didn't say you weren't creative, I said I don't like the motivation (as in: I'm voting for that because it is good quality) of some people. wink.gif

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:08 AM

hmm, it doesn't seem like anyone really did that good of a good job with the theme.
I was hoping to see more pictures of life in Liberty City that included a lot of peds or people going about their business on a crowded intersection.

Instead, most of these are Niko and have maybe 1 or 2 or a few other visible peds. I would have tried to go for a crowded, busy, "life" shot of an iconic part of the city; like people using the binoculars on top of the Empire State building or walking around the base of Statue of Happiness.
But I didn't enter the contest.

also, a lot of people seem to be voting based solely on how good the graphics are. don't get me wrong, I'll be the first one to agree that Thales shots are beautiful, and it's your prerogative to vote how you wish, but I don't believe someone's graphics should be the deciding factor. you should be judging these based on the content itself. at this point though it doesn't make a difference.
Hope you like that new sig Thales icon14.gif you pretty much got it that sh*t in the bag.

1:Kimr120: definitely the most creative and original shot, and it doesn't show any of the main characters. it's just a cool, unusual picture of a ped in an unexpected situation. very cool angle, very funny reaction.

2:Ganxxter: the cops are some of the most recognizable icons of Liberty, the fat cop in particular with that expression on his face is a great representation of the stereotypical NYPD pig.

3:Thales100: I love Packie, one of my favorite characters in the game. I also love Star Junction, one of my favorite locations in the game. of course his graphics are outstanding but he also did a great job of capturing an action shot at a nice angle. there's also some peds and cars in the back which look like they've just been surprised by a crazy gunman running through traffic! I wonder who? lol...

ObsessedWithGTA4
  • ObsessedWithGTA4

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:33 AM Edited by ObsessedWithGTA4, 18 May 2009 - 02:39 AM.

Can we have a new contest cause my most recent Screen Shots I think are pretty good. I know they are not related to the "theme" but I wanted to show them anyway.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:59 AM

Since this photo contest is a grest success until now, I'm sure there will be photo contests in the future. Of course we don't restart now. wink.gif

Very nice photos, though. icon14.gif

BikerAndy
  • BikerAndy

Jenson 2009

• Members

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:19 PM

1:Oldage
3:GtaHitmanStrikesBack
Motivation
GtaHitmanStrikesBack in third as that's probably how I'd stand if I came back to my car being that totalled too. It just made me laugh!
Firewalker999 as that photo is including the insides of many many citizens on the front of the car, and it's one of my favourite things to do in gta iv - repaint your car at highway speeds on the sidewalk.
Oldage takes it though as everyone likes people on fire.

There were some very good pics there though and I found picking 3 much harder this round. I think console photo's should get double points though!

TSH
  • TSH

Liberty City

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:37 PM

There were some very good pics there though and I found picking 3 much harder this round. I think console photo's should get double points though!

Would be awsome ;D

oldage
  • oldage

Boss

• Members

Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (Firewalker999 @ May 18 2009, 13:37)

Would be awsome ;D

Exactly, it's hard to get a precise shot using a camera.
and I'm not buying a capture card just for this.

/rant

apu2590
  • apu2590

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 May 2009 - 04:45 PM

1. firewalker999
2. John88z
3. Hydro_PT

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:50 PM

Oops I almost forgot to vote :-

1st Gangsta Killa
2nd Hydro
3rd oldage

Motivation :- I voted Gangsta Killa because whilst it isn't the most action packed, it shows another side of LC where you can get away from the hussle and bussle of life. Hydro_PT came second because it was a cool reminder of how great it is to fling ped's around the screen, plus for some reason I really love that hippo bin, never noticed them before. In third place it has to be oldage a great action shot which is all the more impressive since he was doing it with a camera and console.

All in all it was damn hard to choose this time around, I can't wait for round 3 and yes I have managed to make mine pervy lol.gif

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 21 May 2009 - 11:13 PM

Thus we come to the end of Round 2 ladies and gentlemen. Now Dutchy3010 is beavering away getting the screenshots up for Round 3 and will create a new topic to discuss round 3. It's been great fun so far and we are seeing some great screen shots keep it up peeps.

(yes this is a cut and paste from what I said in the last thread, lazy aren't I).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users