» «
Photo

.moo

14 replies to this topic
Ghost Bear
  • Ghost Bear

addIIIct

• Members

Posted 14 May 2009 - 03:48 PM Edited by Ghost Bear, 14 May 2009 - 04:13 PM.

Why forum changes all my image and link addresses with to .moo domain? I understand that maybe for security reasons or something, but what there was no such limitation before? Is there any way how this can be avoided? I can't post a single screenshot and it's really annoying.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 14 May 2009 - 04:04 PM

That's most probably because the images are hosted on a site with a *.ru domain. Very recently there was a spam attack wherein many people received PMs from spam accounts which contained links to sites with the *.ru domain. The admins deemed that these sites could be harmful and hence a word filter was added for all *.ru domains which changes it to *.moo. A few other Russian domains might be included too, but I'm not sure about that.

I'd suggest you host your images on other popular image hosting sites such as Imageshack, Imgur or Photobucket.

Ghost Bear
  • Ghost Bear

addIIIct

• Members

Posted 14 May 2009 - 04:09 PM Edited by Ghost Bear, 14 May 2009 - 04:27 PM.

I have own hosting and own domain and since my last image hosting was down and i lost all my images i collected and hosted there through years, i decided to use own hosting. Is there any way to add my domain bestchoose[dot]ru as exception?

Also if the reason was PM problems why not to disable .ru in PM only?

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (Ghost Bear @ May 14 2009, 21:39)
Also if the reason was PM problems why not to disable .ru in PM only?

Because word filters are applicable in both posts and PMs collectively; they cannot be categorized, AFAIK.

I'm not sure if it'll work, but what you can do is register a free domain or something and redirect it to link to your site.

Лёшенька
  • Лёшенька

KGB agent

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:05 AM Edited by Лёшенька, 15 May 2009 - 12:15 AM.

Admins, can you please unblock http://keep4u.ru. That's image hosting site, no viruses, no other crap. You can check it out for yourselves.

Pretty please with cherry toppings.

ImagesHack is utter sh*te, and I don't want to use any other services where you have to register, sorry, in case you think I haven't seen the above message...

That is really annoying, especially that we didn't get any sort of warning.

ADDED

HAHA I found a way around it but am not telling you. Maybe its a good thing, at least the bad guy won't know either.

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:18 AM

PM an admin and ask him if he can put your domain in some kind of excpetion.

XMike
  • XMike

Gangsta

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 15 May 2009 - 01:34 AM Edited by XMike, 15 May 2009 - 02:05 AM.

QUOTE (Лёшенька @ May 14 2009, 20:05)
Admins, can you please unblock http://keep4u.ru. That's image hosting site, no viruses, no other crap. You can check it out for yourselves.

Pretty please with cherry toppings.

ImagesHack is utter sh*te, and I don't want to use any other services where you have to register, sorry, in case you think I haven't seen the above message...

That is really annoying, especially that we didn't get any sort of warning.

ADDED

HAHA I found a way around it but am not telling you. Maybe its a good thing, at least the bad guy won't know either.

Break the URL code up into two parts? It's not that difficult, but when you get claimed as a "hax0r" by someone don't come complaining.

disregard that.

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:18 AM

Sorry mates, we banned Russia.

Ghost Bear
  • Ghost Bear

addIIIct

• Members

Posted 15 May 2009 - 04:54 AM Edited by Ghost Bear, 15 May 2009 - 05:09 AM.

Okay, another idea for simple solution - add check for number of posts. Like replacing only if have less 10 posts. I'm sure this can be worked out in few lines of code.

Added:
Anyway i sure nobody will listen to that or change anything, so forget about it.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 15 May 2009 - 05:09 AM

QUOTE (Лёшенька @ May 15 2009, 05:35)

Try Imgur or Tinypic then. Both are quite good and you don't have to register either.

Instead of asking the admins to add an exception to one Russian site, it's always better to look for better alternatives. Besides, if an exception is added to that particular site, chances are that it might get hacked by the same Russians who have been trying so desperately since the past few months. It'd be better not to give them any loopholes to exploit.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 15 May 2009 - 06:57 AM

QUOTE (Лёшенька @ May 15 2009, 00:05)

How long is it since you last uploaded an image/video via Imageshack? The last time I went on it, it had undergone dramatic changes. The uploads were quicker, and guests were able to upload multiple pictures at one time. Whereas before it was slow, annoying and you were only allowed to upload one picture at a time.

If you haven't already seen the changes, give it a try as it has really improved. It is still a little slow at times, but it gets the job done.

okei
  • okei

Dressed to kill like I'm Gianni Versace

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 15 May 2009 - 03:25 PM

Why not try some of the image hosting websites listed here?

http://www.free-webh...age-hosting.php

Лёшенька
  • Лёшенька

KGB agent

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 15 May 2009 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (flicko @ May 15 2009, 06:57)
How long is it since you last uploaded an image/video via Imageshack? The last time I went on it, it had undergone dramatic changes. The uploads were quicker, and guests were able to upload multiple pictures at one time. Whereas before it was slow, annoying and you were only allowed to upload one picture at a time.

If you haven't already seen the changes, give it a try as it has really improved. It is still a little slow at times, but it gets the job done.

I used it last about month ago, viewing someone's picture. Took me a minute to load - although it is an improvement after 10 or more minutes last year. Yet, the ads drive me mad.

*stopped offtopic flood*

Ghost Bear
  • Ghost Bear

addIIIct

• Members

Posted 19 May 2009 - 03:48 PM Edited by Waddy, 20 May 2009 - 07:56 AM.

Well, i bought myself a .com domain and finally able to post screenshots.

links deleted .

Benjimino234
  • Benjimino234

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧

• Members

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:16 AM

.moo

LOL!!! I thought it was some crazy n00b posting a pointless topic, not a real problem that occurs. HAHAHAHa moo... This just made my day!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users