» «
Photo

Vice City Trivia

463 replies to this topic
flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:02 AM Edited by flicko, 22 June 2009 - 12:59 PM.

IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ THROUGH THIS POST BEFORE REPLYING TO THE TOPIC!

Howdy, VC frequenters, and welcome to the return of the Vice City Trivia competition!!

Here's how the topic works- Since I am the topic starter, I shall be the person to post the very first question. Then you, the members will attempt to correctly answer my question. Pending confirmation, whoever correctly answers the question will receive one singular point and will then have the right to ask the next question, simple!

This topic is back by popular demand, so I only hope it will be a success, with a mass array of members taking part. In a lot of cases, trivia topics seem somewhat futile, and this is because certain members, whom I like to give the title 'party-poopers' see the need to search on the Internet in order to find an answer to a proposed question. I think it's utterly ridiculous that somebody would actually do such a thing; it defeats the entire purpose of the topic and makes it pretty dull. And while I cannot stop this from re-occuring, I am going to instill a couple of rules & tips to members in order to try and prevent this from happening. Let's start with the rules-

I. A points system will be implemented, but if it results in members constantly searching through the web & other sources to find the answer, only so they could top the leader-board, the system will be abolished indefinitely

II. Members are not permitted to search through the Internet or any other book/manual in order to find an answer to the question. The only resources allowed are sheer brain power. Members are allowed to play through their game in order to search for an answer, though.

III. Only one question will be ongoing at a time. Once a question is currently in place, no member is permitted to then ask another question, unless of course said member correctly answers the question in place.

IV. Members are ordered to elaborate on their answer, meaning one word posts, followed by a question mark of a smiley will not be counted on the scorecard. In this case, the askers of the question will be allowed to interrogate the person who posted such a reply, in order to find out how they got the answer. If I, Spuds or the asker of the question deems the reasoning of the posted answer to be pretty skeptical, points will not be added to the member who posted the answer. This will also cramp down on the amount of spam in the topic. Yes, I am aware that some questions asked may be easily answerable, but you must know what the answer is for one reason or another!

V. As is the case with any trivia topic, certain askers of questions will be offline by the time a member correctly posts an answer, due to the time difference around the Globe. If this occurs, any other member, who is taking part or not, can confirm the answer to be correct, supplying information as to why. This should stop the topic from grinding to a halt every few hours and keep it running smoothly.

VI. If I find anybody to be cheating, no matter how many points you may or may not have, I will remove all previously awarded points and issue a -20 point deduction. If you breach this rule thrice, then any question you answer will be ignored by me, and you will be removed from the scorecard.

VII. Any question asked or answered that is utterly ridiculous, rule-breaking or completely off-topic is to be ignored. We want this to be specific to Vice City only.

VIII. Members are permitted to take as many guesses to the answer of a question as they need, if, and only if, they keep the rules of this topic in mind.

IX. Please, try to only answer a question if you have another question in mind. Quite often in the past, people have passed their right to ask the next question on because they did not plan one out beforehand. If this occurs it will only slow the topic down.

X. If a member correctly answers a question, and then fails to ask the next question, if two hours have passed by, a new question may be asked by anybody, to keep the game going.

XI. If nobody attempts to answer a question for over twelve hours, then a new question may be asked by anybody.

XII. Please, try to adhere to the rules of this sub-forum, as well as GTAF's rules and policy. If this topic gets derailed though, and results in one word posts, spam, unnecessary posts (whether that be pointless guessing, not following the topic's rules etc.) and what not, I'm afraid the plug might have to be pulled.

Now, for a few pointers, in regards to asking & answering questions-

I. When asking a question, try to think outside of the box! Asking a question that is easily answerable via the VC sub-forum/Internet/gaming guide/a few minutes of playing the game isn't really going to challenge anybody. Let's try to muster up some really difficult questions, something to really get the mind thinking and something to really get members playing the game more.

II. Try to use correct grammar and spelling in your posts. I am aware that a large slice of members aren't from English-speaking countries, so please try to be as punctuational as you can. Stuff such as slang might be confusing to some members, and they won't be able to grasp what exactly the question is asking.

III. The type of question you ask is entirely up to you. You can ask one about the gameplay, storyline, vehicles, characters, practically anything related to Vice City is allowed. You are also allowed to ask questions in 'Who or What Am I?' format if you wish. Instead of creating a separate WOWAI topic in here, this topic will be the place to post such things. You can also ask 'Where Am I?' questions, like this-

CODE
Where am I?

• Without going here I cannot gain 100%
• Every move I make I have to be careful
• It is impossible for me to run to this location

The answer is the rocks out at sea, as a hidden package is located in between a set of them, one fall and you will die and it's obviouly imposible to run to the location.

Screenshot-type questions are also allowed, something like this-

Which vehicle does this belong to?

user posted image

For those of you who do not know, it is the Perennial, as the back-end of the vehicle is reminiscent to the picture.

Anagrams, riddles and the likes are also very much allowed, so you've really got a lot of options in regards to asking the questions.

IV. When confirming a question to be correct, try to post a little more than 'Correct', or 'You're up!'. Although in some cases this may be all that is needed to be said.

V. This topic is a bit of fun; something to try and spice up this section of GTAF a little bit. I do reserve the right to pull the plug on this thing whenever I please, so I advise you to not take this too seriously as well as adhere to the rules. With that said, I'm sure this will be a blast! icon14.gif

Right, suppose I better get the ball rolling-

Flatulence! Where and when does this occur in the game?

Scorecard
Position Member name Score tally
I.
GTArv
II.
flicko
II.
Kalev4ever
IIII.
Smaisey
IIII.
Bullet_Chris
IIII I.
Urban Legend
IIII I.
Pr0xy_fl00d3r
IIII I.
Vercetti2008
IIII I.
Rambo_Augusta
IIII IIII.
Tyla
IIII IIII.
ScratchCard
IIII IIII.
Flesh-n-Bone

Chunk
  • Chunk

Gangsta

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 14 May 2009 - 11:24 AM

Nice to see this getting up and running again.

I would give an answer, but I have no idea at this point. tounge.gif I'll wait until this topic builds up steam and then I'll start trying to rack up the points. I hope that's ok.

But like I said, nice to see this up and running.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 14 May 2009 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE (Chunk @ May 14 2009, 11:24)
I'll wait until this topic builds up steam

Hah, that made me laugh for some reason! tounge2.gif

And sure thing buddy, nice to know you've returned to the VC section after your stint as the "geek".

Urban Legend
  • Urban Legend

No, f*ck no.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 May 2009 - 11:56 AM Edited by Urban Legend, 14 May 2009 - 12:02 PM.

What is, the Washington?

argh this is not the question, hold on. lol.gif

a: G-Spotlight I feel it was the female office worker in the elevator?
Could have been any of the three.

Bullet_Chris
  • Bullet_Chris

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:07 PM

That is from Sabre or Sabre Turbo?

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE (Urban Legend @ May 14 2009, 11:56)

a: G-Spotlight I feel it was the female office worker in the elevator?
Could have been any of the three.

Exactly what I was looking for! That was definitely the one I was thinking of. To be honest, it could have any of the three people in the elevator, including Tommy. It did sound rather feminine & tame, though! I've heard he odd pedestrians make noises reminiscent to that of flatulence, but you obviously wouldn't be able to pinpoint where and when it occured. You're up!

I was about to charge in here to remind you of the rules of this trivia, at the same time you edited your post! I assume the question you have proposed is the one you are going to be asking?

Urban Legend
  • Urban Legend

No, f*ck no.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:25 PM Edited by Urban Legend, 14 May 2009 - 12:26 PM.

Thank you... for asking two questions in the first post! tounge.gif That's why I answered "Washington"
even though it was actually the Perennial. By the way, it was so hard thinking of a question.
Only because I wasn't prepared. wink.gif

Question #2

From a new game (with zero missions complete) what is the most expensive weapon you can
freely pick up from Ocean Beach to Prawn Island. (Land available to you from the start.) ??

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 14 May 2009 - 01:09 PM

Look again; I actually asked three!

Sorry about the confusion (your fault!), and I apologise for getting confused with your first reply (thinking you were posting your own question; my fault!). And that's why it's important to always have a question in mind upon correctly answering one.

Irrespective of that, the question you have conjured up is a corker! One that should hopefully get contributors of this topic to think hard and/or play their game in order to search for the answer. colgate.gif

Bullet_Chris
  • Bullet_Chris

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 May 2009 - 01:25 PM

So can anyone else play or...is this topic private for you two?
And why three questions?

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 14 May 2009 - 01:42 PM

If you haven't already read the first post buddy, I advise you to do so, as it is pretty important. This topic is exclusive to everybody, nobody is exempt, and I'd like as many members to take part in this as possible. Providing you take note of the rules, come and tag along.

The three questions I referred to was about my first post; I posted two questions as examples to members in regards to the format and type of questions eligible to ask. And the third question I posted was the actual question to kick this topic off. Urban Legend correctly answered that, and has since posted the next question.

Urban Legend
  • Urban Legend

No, f*ck no.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (Urban Legend @ May 14 2009, 08:25)

Question #2

From a new game (with zero missions complete) what is the most expensive weapon you can
freely pick up from Ocean Beach to Prawn Island. (Land available to you from the start.) ??

rampage_ani.gif

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 15 May 2009 - 04:55 AM

Is it the M4 at the Film Studios? Its accessible from the very beginning. Although the Studio gates are closed, you can use a vehicle to jump in.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:07 AM

Ah, I never thought of that. My initial thought was the Shotgun, you can get your hands on one of those by stealing a Police car and there is also a fixed location for the weapon in Ocean Beach. I have no doubt in my mind that the M4 would be worth more money though, due to the fact that in Ammu-nation Downtown it can be purchased for $5,000, whereas the S.P.A.S 12 (also a shotgun) is $4,000.

I think any weapon dearer cannot be found on the East Island, since most of them would be heavy artillery weapons.

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 15 May 2009 - 01:09 PM

Ah cool, so I presume its my turn now.

user posted image

Where exactly am I standing?

Urban Legend
  • Urban Legend

No, f*ck no.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 15 May 2009 - 05:37 PM

You are standing inside the small supermarket north of el swanka casa?

Bullet_Chris
  • Bullet_Chris

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 May 2009 - 06:25 PM

Isnt it a pharmacy?

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 16 May 2009 - 04:46 AM

Urban Legend got it right. icon14.gif

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 16 May 2009 - 10:43 AM Edited by flicko, 16 May 2009 - 12:12 PM.

Good question Arv!

My initial thought was the El Banco Corrupto Grande, but upon entering the bank myself, I quickly realised that it was not the case (The tiled floor is black). I knew that the answer was not one of the Pizza parlours, since for some estranged reason I will never forget the black & white tiling in each place. Last night, whilst playing my game I thought I had the answer; the dispensary in Downtown has exactly the same tiling surface! I was a bit skeptical about it being correct though, because the dispensary is pretty compact, whereas your picture shows the area to be pretty spacious.

Nice work on getting the answer, Urban Legend, you're up!

[EDIT], at this point anybody can actually ask the next question; at least two hours have passed by since confirmation of the last question.

Urban Legend
  • Urban Legend

No, f*ck no.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 16 May 2009 - 01:20 PM

Next question:

According to an interview on VCPR, when was the last person born in Florida?

Flicko can we have multiple choice questions?

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 16 May 2009 - 01:27 PM

Another great question asked!

I am certain of one thing, I know exactly who says this, and why he is so prejudiced against Florida (Not going to mention his name as that might hint others to the answer!). The first year that sprung to mind is 1877; I keep running over in my head what was said, and while I can't remember exactly what was said, that particular year, or number sequence is sticking out like a sore thumb!

In regards to multiple choice questions, no, I'm not going to permit them to be allowed, since there won't really be much of a challenge with each question asked. If, for example, there were as many as ten optional answers, I can just see members trawling through each one in order to find the right one. Something that I do not want to go ahead.

Urban Legend
  • Urban Legend

No, f*ck no.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 16 May 2009 - 01:43 PM

El correcto el flicko. It does kinda stick out like a sore thumb. tounge.gif Go ahead and ask the next question please.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 16 May 2009 - 01:54 PM

Hah, awesome!

Right, let's see, think I'm going to ask a 'Where Am I?' type question (This one may prove difficult, so I apologise if it does!)-

-- After a certain point in the game, getting in here may prove difficult
-- Once in here, you'll find youself sorrounded by an array of the female gender
-- You may get flashbacks from the past once in here
-- The obstacle in your way that maymake it difficult to enter here is of significance and importance
-- This place is not easily reachable until the West Island (and beyond) is unlocked

.. Where the hell am I..?!

That'll be it for the clues at this point. More to come if folks begin to struggle.

Kalev4ever
  • Kalev4ever

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 May 2009 - 03:17 PM Edited by Kalev4ever, 16 May 2009 - 03:19 PM.

Good question, flicko!
A lil tricky question for me biggrin.gif

EDIT: NO, wait!
Isn´t it the boatyard?
Women array - in the mission from the Print Works.
And Flashbacks from the deal that went wrong?!

Chunk
  • Chunk

Gangsta

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 16 May 2009 - 03:25 PM

This topic's built up enough steam for the ol' Geek to step in.

And yeah, I think Kalev4ever's answer is right. I'll now wait until the next question, then pounce. ph34r.gif

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 16 May 2009 - 03:29 PM

Kalev is far from being correct at the moment. The next question is going to have to wait (good guess, though)!

No more clues yet, let's see what else folks can come up with...

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 16 May 2009 - 05:33 PM

Auntie Poulet's Hut?

-- After a certain point in the game, getting in here may prove difficult: After completing the Haitian Missions, you can't get in.
-- Once in here, you'll find yourself surrounded by an array of the female gender: A reference to Poulet's titties? tounge.gif
-- You may get flashbacks from the past once in here: Tommy's deja vu.
-- The obstacle in your way that may make it difficult to enter here is of significance and importance: Door. Not sure why that would be quite important, lol. Another obstacle would be the Haitians' hostility.
-- This place is not easily reachable until the West Island (and beyond) is unlocked: Definitely.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 16 May 2009 - 05:48 PM

Wow, another cracking guess! I'm impressed with the explanations to each point (Your new avatar suits you down to a tee! tounge.gif ). But unfortunately, it's not the answer I was looking for. All actual explanations to the points I made are reasonable. For example, the explanation to the point of the obstacle being significant & of importance will be more conclusive than Auntie Poulet's front door. And said obstacle, which does make it difficult for you to get to my location does not make it impossible.

I'm still going to refrain from posting the next clue I have in mind yet, as if I do, I feel the answer will be found pretty swiftly after, judging by the two possible answers posted. By all means, keep guessing! biggrin.gif

Kalev4ever
  • Kalev4ever

Peon

• Members

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:07 AM

So about that hint: "-- This place is not easily reachable until the West Island (and beyond) is unlocked" ..

I have a question: Where is the place where you are? In the north or in the south?

Bullet_Chris
  • Bullet_Chris

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:51 AM Edited by Bullet_Chris, 17 May 2009 - 08:54 AM.

GTArv guessed it.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:29 AM

QUOTE (Bullet_Chris @ May 17 2009, 09:51)
GTArv guessed it.

.. incorrectly, of course!

Kalev, put it this way, in terms of area, each guess has been getting closer to the locationg of the answer. wink.gif

Right, here's the last clue I'm going to dish out (that may make the answer all too obvious)-

-- Around me I see the letters A & D, as well as members of the spine plant family, objects that can interfere with traffic as well as a waste-container

If you don't get it now, then I won't know where to go next without making it blindingly obvious!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users