General GTA Section

7 replies to this topic
Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2009 - 02:43 PM

I'm sorry if this has been brought up before.

There are currently a wealth of topics in GTA NeXt (and GTA Section in general) that do not pertain to a single title. These topics cover the entire Grand Theft Auto series and therefore do not necessarily belong in any forum in-particular.

I was wondering if it would be feasible to create a forum dedicated to "General GTA Discussion"? Targeted towards discussing the series as an whole, rather than a separate title.

Here are some examples of topics that I think would be better suited to a "General GTA Forum":As you can see there are already a wealth of topics that could populate such a forum, as well as the countless others people would make once it was open. I'm just asking, because I think these topics would be better suited such a forum; rather than the separate forums they are in now.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 10 May 2009 - 03:04 PM

Yup, there have been quite a few topics for the same including one in the staff room, but none of them have materialized into anything. Most probably, it will never happen.

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=401317
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=288728 (Read the quote that I posted at the end)

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

The Droogs, Finally real rapists on the scene.

• Members

Posted 10 May 2009 - 03:12 PM

I dont really see the need for a new section, we might aswell just stick to this thread: General GTA chat

I created it, it had quite some activity, then people lost interest. Maybe it should be pinned for useless questions like "who is the toughest"

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 10 May 2009 - 03:12 PM

I personally agree. There is so much to discuss specially when comparing two GTA titles or characters from separate games. It would make a popular forum and probably as active as the III, VC, LCS and VCS forums and even a bit more active.

ChooseAGoodOne
  • ChooseAGoodOne

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 May 2009 - 12:26 AM

Definitely agree with you!!! That will be very good the new section has been created.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 11 May 2009 - 01:02 PM

I don't see a problem with them being post in the NeXt section of the forum. Technically, the sub-forum isn't for discussion about past GTA titles, but I certainly don't feel that they are out of place in that section.

GTA title discussion/comparison topics have been done to death in practically all sub-forums on GTAF over the years. And while I do, from time to time, enjoy reading through them, they all seem to get a little repetitive. I think, if a new sub-forum dedicated to all GTA titles were to be created, after a couple of months the amount of topics being created would go dry; I don't feel as if there's enough potential and existing topics to make the place brimming with activity.

One possible idea that has been brought up in the past was to create a separate sub-category in the NeXt section, specific to all GTA titles. While I think this is a good idea, again I'd question the amount of potential topics that can go in there and make it a very active place for a prolonged period.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2009 - 02:10 AM

I think it would be better suited to a GTA NeXt sub-forum, good idea flicko. It doesn't necessarily have to be active; it just has to leave more room for actual discussion of future Grand Theft Auto titles in GTA NeXt. I see General GTA topics pop up every day in there and as much as I like discussing them; I would rather have GTA NeXt discussion take place in GTA NeXt.

I believe a sub-forum would be sufficient and that it would garner enough of a response to keep it open. Maybe a trial period? If it doesn't gain enough activity then it can be removed and the topics sent back to the NeXt forum?

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:02 AM

QUOTE (Jacky Fiend @ May 12 2009, 02:10)
I believe a sub-forum would be sufficient and that it would garner enough of a response to keep it open. Maybe a trial period? If it doesn't gain enough activity then it can be removed and the topics sent back to the NeXt forum?

But then that would result in quite the workload on the administrators. And judging by what has been said by an administrator, that workload would simply be futile & unnecessary. Besides, the admins have enough on their plates as it is. I think it would be too risky to go ahead with and then to abandon afer a short period, to be honest.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users