» «
Photo

Gumshoe?

25 replies to this topic
Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 09 May 2009 - 06:55 PM Edited by Reconite, 09 May 2009 - 06:58 PM.

The Gumshoe is recorded as a GTA: Chinatown Wars vehicle in most of the wiki's, I have never seen this vehicle and do not know what it looks like, but at the bottom of this page it says that it's the Chinatown Wars equivalent to the TV Van from GTA1 and 2. http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/TV_Van

Anyone ever seen it or got it?

Could it be the Scrambler Burrito vehicle from the Wade Heston mission Scrambled?

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 09 May 2009 - 09:02 PM

If anybody has an Action Replay (mine has broken) they will be able to tell us, there is a code for the Gumshoe in this topic;
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=406050

Bad Boy.
  • Bad Boy.

GTA IV, Halo 3, Forza 3 !!!

• Members

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE (Reconite @ May 9 2009, 18:55)
The Gumshoe is recorded as a GTA: Chinatown Wars vehicle in most of the wiki's, I have never seen this vehicle and do not know what it looks like, but at the bottom of this page it says that it's the Chinatown Wars equivalent to the TV Van from GTA1 and 2. http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/TV_Van

Anyone ever seen it or got it?

Could it be the Scrambler Burrito vehicle from the Wade Heston mission Scrambled?

I don't now where to find it and I've never got it, but in the mission with the Gumshoe van I tried to get in but it was locked. But I've a car list with pictures.
http://nl.wikigta.or.....inatown_Wars)
Click on the name of the car.

(I hope this was helpfull.)

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 10 May 2009 - 10:44 AM Edited by Reconite, 11 May 2009 - 05:02 PM.

Yeah that's the Scrambler Burrito from the mission scrambled, must be the gumshoe, thanks. But is there any locations for it??

Found a translated version of the link.

http://translate.goo...l...3D&rlz=1G1G

FILIPINOMAZTER
  • FILIPINOMAZTER

THE GTA MASTER

• Members

Posted 10 May 2009 - 05:34 PM

probably BS just like the sea dragon

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 10 May 2009 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (FILIPINOMAZTER @ May 10 2009, 17:34)
probably BS just like the sea dragon

No, the Gumshoe is a real vehicle, it's in the Wade Heston mission, Scrambled. I'm just asking for a location for it, out of missions.

Bad Boy.
  • Bad Boy.

• Members

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:46 AM

Sorry guys, I don't no where you can find it. sad.gif
It's a funny lol.gif van that I wanna have, but it can't. cryani.gif
If I now, I will post!

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 11 May 2009 - 03:58 PM

Maybe if you get enough stars, news reporters will follow you around as well as the cops, I'm gonna try it, I'll report back if there's any news.

General Goose
  • General Goose

Because Jeb Bush is all in my house with disease.

• Members

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:41 PM

No, no news reporters follow you around. I even got to 6 stars and had seen nothing that resembled a TV van.

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (General Goose @ May 11 2009, 17:41)
No, no news reporters follow you around. I even got to 6 stars and had seen nothing that resembled a TV van.

Same here, was about to post then I saw your comment.

Little-Jacob
  • Little-Jacob

Lone Rastahwolf

• Members

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:01 PM

Ummm... Can't ya just do this in GTA:SA way? Pop this guy in the face and take this van to your garage...

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (Little-Jacob @ May 11 2009, 19:01)
Ummm... Can't ya just do this in GTA:SA way? Pop this guy in the face and take this van to your garage...

Umm... what?

gta007
  • gta007

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:59 PM

he means shoot him in the face and steal the van

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE (gta007 @ May 11 2009, 23:59)
he means shoot him in the face and steal the van

You can't target people inside vehicles, so that would be impossible. suicidal.gif

NintendoDS
  • NintendoDS

Nintendo DS Fan

• Members

Posted 19 May 2009 - 03:17 AM

I have that cheat code for action replay for the gunshoe, does anyone want me to try it?

Little-Jacob
  • Little-Jacob

Lone Rastahwolf

• Members

Posted 19 May 2009 - 04:00 AM

Or knock this Gumshoe to your garage(park spot)and fail the mission? And then try to open the doors...

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 19 May 2009 - 06:00 AM

QUOTE (Little-Jacob @ May 19 2009, 04:00)
Or knock this Gumshoe to your garage(park spot)and fail the mission? And then try to open the doors...

Possible. But I can only imagine this would be kind of extremely difficult.

Maybe you can use the Rhino or the bullet proof taxi for protection from the armed occupants to push this to the garage. But since it drives around a lot and tries to escape from you everytime, chances are, your luck in obtaining the van this way maybe slim.

Bad Boy.
  • Bad Boy.

• Members

Posted 19 May 2009 - 04:05 PM

I've seen the car before. I tryed to get in but the door was locked.
So you can't put in your garage without action replay codes.

I know I've sad this before, some where in the top of the topic.

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:14 PM

Locked cars can still be pushed to the garage. I'm sure I'm not the only one who've found out that it's still possible to push a car to the garage despite the chevron thingy.

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE (GTA_Loco @ May 19 2009, 19:14)
Locked cars can still be pushed to the garage. I'm sure I'm not the only one who've found out that it's still possible to push a car to the garage despite the chevron thingy.

Until I see a video proving that you can push cars in a garage bypassing the chevron function, I don't think I can believe you. confused.gif

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:20 PM Edited by GTA_Loco, 20 May 2009 - 04:24 PM.

QUOTE (Reconite @ May 20 2009, 09:03)
Until I see a video proving that you can push cars in a garage bypassing the chevron function, I don't think I can believe you. confused.gif

Trust me, it is possible to push a vehicle to the garage despite its chevron function smile.gif Unfortunately I don't have the means at this time to record this in video (except with my phone video which is crappy).

The problem with the chevrons is that they won't open the garage door when more than one vehicle is in physical contact with them. So, to bypass the chevron mechanism, you have to open the garage door first before you can push something inside.

You have to position the vehicle you want to store in the garage near its door so that its front or rear would be barely touching the chevrons. Slightly angle the vehicle so that when you carefully clip its other edge, you can move it slowly further towards the opened garage door.

Alternatively, you can repeatedly do some small angled bumps into the edge of the vehicle that's near the door so that it would gradually move further towards the opening. Once a substantial portion of the vehicle goes partially inside or at least it is in a position that it's already by the opened door, just continue pushing it but being careful not to trigger the short cutscene of getting inside the garage.

You have to do this though all the while you're within the chevron perimeter so that the garage door would remain open. The chevrons don't just deactivate even when there's more than one car within it, for as long as you've already opened it and you're stepping on it.

This method is logically applicable only for locked and missions-assigned vehicles. In the case of the latter, the mission-scripted vehicle generates a sort of a sensitive reverse polarity with the chevrons that makes things a bit more difficult. So if you're after a vehicle in a mission, it's best to park another vehicle first inside the garage before you can do anything in trying to obtain the mission-generated vehicle. This way it would temporarily neutralize the opposing magnetic wave generated by the vehicle against the chevrons.

Good thing with the garages in this game is their ability to save/repair most of the mission assigned vehicles which wasn't much into the previous GTAs.

If I can manage to capture this in video with whatever means I have, I'll try to post it here, but as I said, trust me, it is possible to do that wink.gif

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:01 PM

I'll trust you... for now... devil.gif

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:40 PM Edited by Reconite, 21 May 2009 - 04:45 PM.

Lol I only just got what the name of the car means. blush.gif
Gumshoe = Gum sticks to a shoe like news reporters stick to criminals. Just a little metasimiliaphorus thingie I thought up.

EDIT: Damn me for double posting! panic.gif

Don't you think we should be able to delete our posting accidents? suicidal.gif

General Goose
  • General Goose

• Members

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:46 PM

Oh my God, you're right.

cookie.gif

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:27 AM

QUOTE (General Goose @ May 21 2009, 16:46)
Oh my God, you're right.

cookie.gif

Yay for me not getting the meaning earlier and yay for my cookie. lol.gif

Anyway, does anyone have any way apart from Action Replay codes to get the gumshoe??? And I want to see a vid of someone bypassing the chevron thing.
Just thought I'd bump this.

General Goose
  • General Goose

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:41 AM

I strongly dislike the chevrons around your garages. Sometimes, being forced to get out a vehicle is annoying...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users