Quantcast

» «
Photo

how many universes are there in GTA?

7 replies to this topic

Poll: how many universes are there in GTA? (23 member(s) have cast votes)

how many universes are there in GTA?

1. 4 (Grand Theft Auto canon, GTA 2 canon, GTA III era canon and GTA IV canon) (17 votes [80.95%])

Percentage of vote: 80.95%

2. 3 (Grand Theft Auto canon, GTA 2 canon, III/IV era canon) (1 votes [4.76%])

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

3. 3 (GTA/2 canon, III era canon, IV canon) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. 2 (GTA/2 canon, GTA III/IV canon) (1 votes [4.76%])

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

5. 1 (GTA/2/III/IV are all the same canon) (2 votes [9.52%])

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote
zeppelincheetah
  • zeppelincheetah

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 May 2009 - 04:20 AM

imo the only logical explanation is 4 canon's:

1 Grand Theft Auto
Mission Pack # 1: London 1969
Mission Pack # 2: London 1961
(they weren't really connected in story but they all had the same graphics and an expansion has to be part of the same game as the original)

2 GTA 2
(totally 100% different from GTA in everything except for the top-down perspective)

3 Grand Theft Auto III
Vice City
San Andreas
Advance
Liberty City Stories
Vice City Stories
(all are obviously connected by loose story ties and with the exception of advance the same graphics style and game mechanics)

4 Grand Theft Auto IV
The Lost and Damned
Chinatown Wars
DLC 2
(Liberty City is not the same as III's thus it's not the same era. none of the characters make an appearance, which is key because that's the one thing that held the III-era games together - having recurring characters within the same canon. The graphics and game mechanics have changed and are now much more realistic - save for CW. Even though CW doesn't have much story ties to IV it features some of the same gangs and takes place on the same liberty city. to me the GTA IV era is just this new Liberty City and GTA IV does not exist anywhere else.)

Sergi
  • Sergi

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 May 2009 - 04:28 AM

I don't personally think this thread was necessary since we already know people on this board are split on this concept and that arguments usually stir from them. However most know my thoughts on the subject and there is 2 threads basically on the subject with 1 of them still active in the IV section and the thread on the Next forum about LC so I'm going to keep this simple. I'm voting 3.

I think there is more then enough evidence to show that at least concerning the III and IV canon they are connected despite the people who say they aren't like to call them non connected Easter Eggs. However I think the entire GTA-verse is connected in a certain way. I think the 3D era is connected because by then story in games were much more in depth then they were with GTA 1-2. I think they are all connected in some form however.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 08 May 2009 - 04:30 AM

Here we go again. Sergi posts his opinion, Jacky Fiend posts his, zeppelincheetah has already, ect.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2009 - 01:22 PM

In my opinion, I think there are 4; one for each series of games. I'm not going to argue with point again because most people are set in their ways and I respect that. Though this is my personal opinion.

bobgtafan
  • bobgtafan

The last thing you never see

• Members

Posted 08 May 2009 - 10:53 PM

In my opinion I think 1 and London's are by themself. 2 and 3 are in the same canon. 4 are by themselves with a FEW tie overs. ( Lazlo, Graffiti, Cluades Clothes) I know the last tow are easter eggs but still it's my opinion and will not change. GOOD DAY SIR!

Tony Mozzarelli 80
  • Tony Mozzarelli 80

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 May 2009 - 12:21 AM

This poll is biased ... Where's the 'who cares?' option?

GTAOCD
  • GTAOCD

Obsessive Compulsive about GTA

• Members

Posted 09 May 2009 - 02:29 AM

I can't even tell the difference between the poll option... sarcasm.gif

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2009 - 03:16 AM

Not only do I believe that there is only one canon, I also believe that The Driver [The Wheelman] series is all in the same GTA canon/universe.

I just blew your mind. monocle.gif

tounge.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users