Photo

Dating glitch

10 replies to this topic
zmoonchild
  • zmoonchild

Dumb Tag

• Members

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:10 AM

I canít find anything on this, and I have a hard time believing that no one else has discovered this, and I did do a search with no results (maybe I didnít look hard enough).

I took Denise on a date after Burning Desire, and after the activity was done (going to a restaurant) I immediately went to the Ganton Gym (instead of taking her home).
I walked inside the gym and my Progress-Indicator for Denise popped up showing a positive increase. I walked back outside and Denise had disappeared, so I went to her house and the red-marker was there indicating that she was availableÖ so I walked into the marker, and she walked out ready for another date, even though less than a minute had passed since the last date (and it was still the same day).

I tried this technique consistently over and over, and I was able to date her several times in one day. The technique worked identically every time; I simply walked inside the Ganton Gym after the dating activity was over, but before taking her home. Denise disappeared every time I walked into the gym and I got a 5% positive/negative increase; depending on how the date wentÖ but I was able to date her several times in a row.

I was unable to be invited in for coffee; thatís because she disappeared. It seemed that going into the gym reset her daily availability, but I still retained her dating progress.

I havenít been able to try it on the other girlfriends or gyms yet, but I did try entering the tattoo parlor instead of the gym, but she didnít disappear.

I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this. This was a very easy way to increase her progress by about 35% to 40% in a singe day.

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 04 May 2009 - 06:11 AM

Sounds good. I haven't actually heard about this myself, either. Good find.
What happens if you do not do the dating activity and enter the gym as soon as you pick her up?
Does she disappear and you do not get an increase? Or does she still stand there?

gta007
  • gta007

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 06 May 2009 - 12:05 AM

Wat a glich to exploit biggrin.gif

FireGod
  • FireGod

CJ would be so proud

• Members

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:40 AM

That's a great one zoomchild, my 1st thought was ;
is that its been said that she is devoted to CJ for saving her life, which makes her an easy date.

This trick you found is most likely not related to that. I will exploit this trick as I never got any of the GF's to 100% yet(kinda on purpose).

btw...it does not seem that having a gift selected whilst in route to a GF's house will boost the sex appeal stat...is this correct, I have not tested this.

Also; after 100% I looked around and Millie was gone! I did not kill her, is she meant to disappear?....or is there a way to keep her?...not that it would matter a bunch.

laezy
  • laezy

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 July 2009 - 11:49 PM

@Zmoonchild
I just wanted to bring to your notice that i actually tried this method while playing Chain Game turns and it worked for even Katie, Michelle, Helena(did not try with Barbara or Millie) & of course Denise. In one of the attempts i was able to take Denise to more than 6 dates in a single day, since the gym in Ganton is located very close to the bar which Denise likes to go, but my game crashed when CJ entered the gym after successfully avoiding Katie who showed up on a jealousy date.

Anyhow a big thanks for sharing the amazing discovery. icon14.gif

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members

Posted 18 October 2009 - 11:20 PM Edited by OrionSR, 18 October 2009 - 11:26 PM.

Failing to reach the destination usually results in a loss of 1% progress, but this is easily counteracted by a gift. This is useful for skipping the dancing dates which take a long time to complete and are often far away. However, the race tournaments result in a 5% loss of progress if the destination/goal was not reached.

Gyms are not the only location that can be used to exploit this glitch. I've been experimenting with other methods because the gyms are not always easy to access. The closest exploit to each girlfriend is listed below, followed by a list of locations that can be used to complete the date without preventing more dates on the same day.

Denise - LS Gym
Michelle - Valet
Helena - Trucking
Barbara - Ammu-nation
Katie - Valet
Millie - LV Gym

Locations for exploiting the dating glitch:

Story Missions
LS, SF, and LV Gyms
BMX, Chiliad, and NRG-500 Challenges
Roboi's Food Mart, Hippy Shopper, and Burger Shot Courier assets
LS, SF, LV, and Airport Race Tournaments
8-Track, Blood Bowl, Dirt Track, and Kickstart Stadium Events
Trucking and Valet Assets
Beefy Baron (inside of Zero's shop)
Ammu-nations with Shooting Range (not Willowfield)
Low-Rider Meet
Triathlons

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:48 AM

Cool find. However because you cannot do hot coffe, you would have to do this 3 times i think to make up for the 1 hot coffee date right? So should i use this glitch till i can do hot coffee, or are you still better off doing this instead of saving after each date?

Master Mind
  • Master Mind

shot caller

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:59 AM

I'm gonna try this ASAP

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members

Posted 19 October 2009 - 03:57 AM Edited by OrionSR, 19 October 2009 - 05:02 AM.

Well, "Hot Coffee" is the AO mod and I don't think it provides any extra progress. I think you mean just coffee. Coffee provides an extra 5% progress on top of the regular 5% for a successful date, but then you need to wait until the next day before you can have another date with that girl. Depending on when the date ends that might be a while. Sometimes I throw in coffee for the last date if it doesn't roll over to the next day. Michelle's driving date with coffee is worth 15%; 17% if you don't meet her with a car so you can throw in a gift and a kiss, so that might be worth it. Otherwise, I find it easier to pile on as many 6% (or 7% for Denise, Michelle, and Millie since they like kissing) dates as I can in a single day. It saves a lot of running around trying to find the next girl available for a date. I also like the option to skip the dancing dates. They are usually far from the girls home and take a long time to complete.

Zoom was estimating 35% to 40% progress per day. I didn't keep notes on my progress per day but feel this estimate is reasonably accurate. When I was exploiting this glitch I was hitting up 2 flower pickups and frequently the flowers couldn't respawn fast enough for the later dates - so 2 dates in less than 6 minutes. Not too shabby.

Hm... If Zoom was getting 7 or 8 dates per day with Denise then perhaps the flowers and kissing are a waste of time. But I guess total progress would depend on the girl. Denise and Barbara are available for 14 hours per day, Michelle and Katie - 12 hrs, Helena for 16 hrs, and Millie for 10 hrs per day.

Update: 65% progress in 1 day with Denise. This was starting from 0% so lots of food dates to start. These take less than a minute since the bar and gym are right there. Instead of dancing I let her do the Drive-By date. Let her shoot all 60 rounds of her ammo and the date is complete. The time it takes depends on how quickly Ballas can be found - usually less than 2 minutes total. The driving dates take about the same amount of time. Unfortunately she insisted on dancing or driving during all dates after 35% was reached or the progress would have been a little higher. Also, I could have padded the last date with a gift and a kiss since her time of availability had already expired. However, I wouldn't have bothered with the coffee since the date ended at 6:45 on Saturday so she wouldn't have been available until 16:00 on Monday.

50% progress with Helena, again starting from 0%. The last date was a canceled dancing date so it could have been a tad higher, or lower I guess if I hadn't been lucky with the other dates after reaching 30%.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:02 AM

yeah i was wrong about the coffe date, i thought it added 10% not 5% from the she drives dates i did with Michelle on the master save, but those must be different altogether. If it adds 5% then its not worth it i guess, doing the multi dates in 1 day is a much better option.

Benjimino234
  • Benjimino234

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧

• Members

Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:39 PM

Nice work OrionSR that's very informative. I'll give it a whirl.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users