» «
Photo

[WIP]GTA IV Placement Tool

17 replies to this topic
Dageron RUS
  • Dageron RUS

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 May 2009 - 03:48 PM Edited by |Dageron|, 04 May 2009 - 09:51 AM.

GTA IV Placement Tool

Made by Dageron.
Thanks to (A-Z): Chipsman, GooD-NTS, Seemann.

New GTA IV editor of placement files, completely different from his prototypes. smile.gif (I know only two tools like mine). Quick and easy, it will allow you to edit any wpl/xpl data!

Main features
  • Opening/Creating/Saving .WPL and .XPL.
  • Exporting data to a text file for later review and editing.
  • Import data from text files.
  • Fast data copying.
  • Search in all sections.
  • Presentation of data in tabular form .**
  • Possibility of quick re-placement/rotation main section (in groups).
  • Ability to work with hashes/model names (optional )***.
  • Possibility of calculating the model name by hash and hash by name (using hashes.ini).
  • Quick creation of backup copies.
* Most of the data destiny still unknown. I hope that soon everything will be researched.
** To work directly with the cells of the table, add the correct item in the settings.
*** To change a parameter has a need to reload the file. Using the names may slightly increase the speed of reading.

Hashes are taken from hashes.ini, wich is situated at the tool dictionary. If you add new object to the game, dont forget to write it hash there (use "Hash calculator" if nesessary).

Screens

user posted image user posted image
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

The main feature for my mind - function of exporting data to .DAT and next time importing! It makes modding pretty easy like in old GTA-games (III/VC/SA).

DOWNLOAD
Mirror

P.S. Webmasters, please, dont host this tool) It will be updated many times.

illdan
  • illdan

Amazingly stupid

• Members

Posted 03 May 2009 - 06:40 PM Edited by illdan, 04 May 2009 - 10:22 AM.

Can you add some ingame pictures after using this tools?

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:35 PM Edited by Gforce, 03 May 2009 - 08:09 PM.

this looks interesting but the download link fails.

PS. your garage schematic diagram is wrong wink.gif

the X1,Y1,Z1 coords will always be the lower left position on the world map and the X2,Y3,Z3 coords will always be upper right position on the world map and garage boxes are always at right angles on the map.

the X3 and Y2 coords are for the door position/entrance and can sometimes move around on the lowest verts of the garage box depending on the garage orientation.

garage door entrance locations on the box are always defined at the lower left corner of the box face for whichever direction you want to enter the garage

user posted image

user posted image

on a side note, the X1,Y1,Z1 and X2,Y2,Z2 coords on cull boxes also work the same way as garage box X1,Y1,Z1 and X2,Y3,Z3 coords.

Dageron RUS
  • Dageron RUS

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:56 AM

this looks interesting but the download link fails.

Sure, I added mirror smile.gif (It was somerthing wrong with Russian domains...)

PS. your garage schematic diagram is wrong

Thank you for this info, I will correct everything in 2.3 version wich is now WIP.

P.S. Btw, can somerbody who has XP tell me are there any glitches with "classic interface"? (I always used XP with Vista-style and now Vista)

warclaw
  • warclaw

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2009 - 05:28 PM

How i open WPL files i have run as Placementool.exe but it dont work!! and were i found the garage coords and how i get the coords from the game?

JJCribbins
  • JJCribbins

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:26 PM

Are there any tutorials on how to use this tool please? I'd like to edit the parked cars which GTA 4 spawns during the game; there's very little explanation how to do so, and I have no idea what each column/header means (e.g., GRGE). I assume 'GRGE' means garage (e.g., car save point), but some garages seem to have multiple car save points, and there seem to be more car save points than there really are in the game (e.g., some 'GRGE's have, say, 5 slots and this makes no sense to me).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

WhiteMexican422
  • WhiteMexican422

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:05 AM

Any chance of a version that will work with the liberty city stories for xbox 360? Has xpl files like gta iv? Or even a way to make mine compatible with liberty city stories?

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:27 AM

this tool actually works with XPL files for EFLC Xbox360, the option to open them is in a dropdown upon open file.

screenie showing a TLaD xpl opened ;-)

user posted image

WhiteMexican422
  • WhiteMexican422

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2010 - 05:50 PM

Yes I know I can open them but saving them is corrupting the file I think. When I save it, it says Invalid Floating Point Operation?

WhiteMexican422
  • WhiteMexican422

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:47 PM

Besides not being able to use placement tool to edit gta eflc, does anyone have a list of the vehicle codes to place vehicles on the map?

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:23 PM

there seems to be a problem with the way the available wpl/xpl editors handle the sections that follow the "inst" section.

a list of IV Vehicle hashes can be found -------> here, for the rest of the hashes you could use the hash generator built into this app wink.gif

WhiteMexican422
  • WhiteMexican422

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:01 AM

Any idea how to fix it? Thanks for the list. I didn't even know about the calculator till now haha. Any chance you would want to make a tutorial and help us out with this? I pretty much got the concept of it but I can't mess around with it because it doesn't work with eflc. I'm not sure if you know se7ensins but we put up alot of xbox360 gta mods and this is something we would like to add to the site and to the xbox 360 gta world.

WhiteMexican422
  • WhiteMexican422

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:04 AM Edited by WhiteMexican422, 30 September 2010 - 03:29 AM.

Need some help here

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:28 PM

if you own excel there's a "tool" called LOKIs Floating Point Error Correction Tool that fixes the bug . but for the ones that do not own Excel is there a way to fix this , the invalid floating thing ? i tried with open office i couldn't managed to get it fixed

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:01 PM

i apologize for having to say that but do not use that tool unless the author has provided some update . that tool made some nice little messes on my game . hopefully nothing serious but buildings moved , it's not cool . the only thing that tool is good at , for now , it's reading and finding hashes sarcasm.gif

Smallo92
  • Smallo92

Playa

• Members

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:42 AM

Well you bumping a 2 year old topic and putting it up the top on the Tools section probably won't help. If anything what you did probably make more people use it. Good work!

Dageron RUS
  • Dageron RUS

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:28 PM Edited by Dageron RUS, 11 June 2014 - 05:34 PM.

Is anyone still interested in this app (or it source)?

In fact, IV Placement Tool was my first GTA-related tool, which I wrote in 2009. I know about floating point values rounding problem, which cause Z-axis bugs, it can be easily fixed. That tool was rather popular among x360 and PS3 modders, and rounding problem was serious for them. So, if anyone will be interested, I may fix everything and publish new version with source.

stef538
  • stef538

It's just me, going 88 MPH.

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:23 PM

Can it also read the hash of a custom building ? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users