Claude speaks?

65 replies to this topic
lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:11 AM

How the f* can Catalina shot him,he didn't even talked in SA and also NOTE* When you fall Claude will yell cuz of paints like argh when he falls so...

Dark_side646
  • Dark_side646

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:00 AM

So are you saying that mutes can't make grunts of pain like that? I guess that means they can't breathe either. sarcasm.gif

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:09 AM

biggrin.gif

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 08 October 2010 - 01:58 PM

Dark_side646 but CJ called Claude mute because he doesn't speaks, but it doesn't mean he is really a mute. There's a lot of very quiet people who aren't a mute tounge.gif Oh and Netherlands made Brazil lost the Cup cryani.gif cryani.gif I don't think we see all what Claude does when we play GTA, for example obviously he makes "poop" but we don't see it, so it means he could going for a walk with somebody and that he can speak. I believe Claude Speed from GTA 2 is the same Claude from GTA III, it is kind nonsense they are not the same because they dress almost the same and have the same name, and in a Official Facebook Test by Rockstar, they called Claude Claude Speed alien.gif Oh, and don't worry about Claude's death, he'll respawn in the nearest hospital anyway biggrin.gif
Dark_side646 I like when Rockstar "keeps in secret" somethings, it's funny biggrin.gif But I was thinking, what Claude would say in Farewell, My Love? I don't think that there was something for him to say tounge2.gif I can only think in stupid things like: "I'll win, and Catalina is mine now cry.gif " things that Claude would never say tounge2.gif
James_Earl_Cash yes, they always respawn at the nearest hospital lol.gif lol.gif I only played GTA 2 for some minutes, it gives me headache, but I wanted so much to play it cryani.gif
Dark_side646 I think mutes can make grunts like Ran Fa Li in GTA San Andreas. notify.gif
Filip454 this video is really interesting wink.gif

Dark_side646
  • Dark_side646

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 October 2010 - 02:43 PM Edited by Dark_side646, 09 October 2010 - 03:26 PM.

I thought hang out was just going for a walk, like when Niko hang out with Roman or Packie

Good point. Now keeping that in mind, try to act a bit mature and have some mercy on Tommy. Just like Claude was too busy for Maria (as stated by her on Chatterbox), Tommy has the right to concentrate on his work, treating his love-life as an after-thought, and not be gay.

CJ called Claude mute because he doesn't speaks, but it doesn't mean he is really a mute.

Then why even call him a mute to begin with? If he just wanted to offend Claude then it was futile since Claude wasn't there. Its not that CJ called him a mute but the fact that he referred to his muteness about 3 times. R* could've simply made CJ curse him without making him call Claude mute. If it was a normal angry reaction, why didn't Kenji and Ray call him a mute during their insults?

obviously he makes "poop" but we don't see it, so it means he could going for a walk with somebody and that he can speak

Have you seen any video game characters "do their business" (if you know what I mean dozingoff.gif )? I haven't. On the contrary, I have seen video game characters talk. No one in R* is weird enough to make a scene about Claude using a toilet but they can easily make him talk.

it is kind nonsense they are not the same because they dress almost the same and have the same name

Liberty City is different in GTA1, different in GTA3 and LCS and different in IV. Having the same name didn't prove that all 3 are the same cities because anyone with good eyesight can tell you that they're not. Besides Claude from GTA3 is a lot more well-built and his face is more round. In-game, Claude Speed of GTA2 seems to be wearing something sleeve-less since his arms are exposed. Claude from GTA3 wears a full sleeved jacket.

in a Official Facebook Test by Rockstar, they called Claude Claude Speed

According to the list posted by Claude Speed. (the creator of the topic that told everyone about the test) a lot of answers in the quiz don't fit Claude at all. Since when was Claude a pitiful wimp who has never broken a rule in his life?

don't worry about Claude's death, he'll respawn in the nearest hospital anyway

He didn't in the movie.

But I was thinking, what Claude would say in Farewell, My Love? I don't think that there was something for him to say

He could ask Catalina to get in the car. No need to hear what he says, just seeing his lips move would've been good enough.

Edit : Look, I hand you the win in this debate. I only believe CJ's words because there have been some instance where silent game characters were given a chance to talk (like Jak in Jak and Daxter 2). In Claude's case, there wasn't any. I only think he is mute because there are no strong evidences officially confirming that he can talk. You're right if you say I don't have a strong evidence because I don't. Its only my assumption.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2010 - 05:32 PM

Dark_side646 I won't have mercy for Tommy, he's still an homosexual to me devil.gif but I like him, anyway lol.gif CJ called him a mute because he doesn't speak too much. I don't know why Kenji and Ray didn't called Claude mute, maybe they liked his silence tounge2.gif I saw, Ray Machowski, in GTA III was making poop, in a GTA IV mission given by Ray Boccino, we see Lucca making poop and in The Sims they make poop too lol.gif but that's not the point, the point is we don't see everything Claude does, so it means he could hang out with some friends, like 8-Ball. I don't know, I think they are the same!!! El Burro, for example, was in different canons. Oh I want to know the answers, were did you find they?? I think this test is weird, they said I'm like Manny Escuela cry.gif But anyway, it's official and it called Claude Claude Speed!!! Catalina would get in anyway, there's no need for Claude to ask her for it. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif Yahoooo finally I've won a "debate" Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif panic.gif Claude can be a mute, but I believe he isn't, he really just don't like to talk to much. And I think it's funny Claude not say nothing, if he talks it wouldn't be so funny anymore lol.gif

Dark_side646
  • Dark_side646

Prankster

• Members

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:43 PM Edited by Dark_side646, 09 October 2010 - 06:49 PM.

but I like him, anyway

No, you don't. Your stubborn and adamant attitude only suggests how much you hate the guy. I don't see how you can like Tommy and keep on insisting that he's gay despite clear evidence that he isn't. I don't believe Claude to be gay but, by your standards, Claude is seriously 1000 times gayer than Tommy.

CJ called him a mute because he doesn't speak too much

It was R* who made CJ call Claude a mute. They could've made CJ curse him without calling him mute but they didn't. It just seems too convenient that R* make CJ call Claude a mute. To me, it is as good as a confirmation by R* that Claude really is mute. There is no reason for R* make CJ say that if even they thought that Claude wasn't mute. It doesn't make any sense.

I don't know why Kenji and Ray didn't called Claude mute, maybe they liked his silence

They didn't seem to like anything about him when they insulted him. They were as much angry at Claude as CJ was. If calling a guy, who doesn't talk much, a mute is supposed to be a common insult then why did they not do so?

I saw, Ray Machowski, in GTA III was making poop

He was only sitting on the seat. If he were really doing the deed, why the hell would he have his pants on? Also, these characters are also shown talking. You know, like normal people do. Claude is the only one who remains quite, all the time, in a game series where all other characters, including the other protagonists, talk earnestly. Again, just like normal people do. If Claude could talk but didn't want to do so, out of free will, then there is something really wrong with him.

the point is we don't see everything Claude does, so it means he could hang out with some friends, like 8-Ball

And then he takes him to his safe house for "woo-hoo" and hot-coffee. And not just 8-Ball but all his male employers. Just because we don't see him do so doesn't mean that it didn't happen. You said it yourself.

El Burro, for example, was in different canons

In one of those "cannons" (GTA 1) he dies. If both were the same, how could he have appeared in GTA3? And like I said before, Liberty City has also been in 3 canonically different GTAs. The one from GTA1 does not have Portland, Staunton or Shoreside, neither does it look like any of them. So it has to be a different Liberty City from the one in GTA3 and the one in GTA IV. If all 3 Liberty Cities can be different, despite having similar names, why can't there be 2 different El Burros and 2 different Claudes, belonging to different cannons despite sharing the same names?

I want to know the answers, were did you find they??

Click here to go to that topic. You'll find the required answers in the very first post.

it's official and it called Claude Claude Speed!!!

Then I guess its official that Claude is a pitiful wimp who backs away during arguments and shuffles awkwardly. sarcasm.gif

Catalina would get in anyway, there's no need for Claude to ask her for it

There was no need for CJ to call Claude mute either. By making his lips move (no matter what he says) to indicate his ability to speak, R* had the chance to easily prove that Claude could talk. Instead, they do the exact opposite by making someone call him a mute, even when there was no need to. CJ wouldn't have said anything different than what he did say. If Claude were really mute CJ wouldn't say,"That mute @$$hole, that really is a mute. That ****ing snake without a tongue, who really is a mute.". You might tease someone who doesn't talk by calling him/her mute but you don't call them snakes without tongues.

Claude can be a mute, but I believe he isn't, he really just don't like to talk to much

Its easier to say this in theory than to consider something like that in practice. From a practical view-point, something like this makes no sense. Why does he just not like to talk? What is so wrong with speech that he wants to avoid it altogether? What is he scared of happening if he opens his mouth and speaks, even if it has to be just one little sentence? What is it that has driven him to glue his mouth shut?
Do you understand now how stupid and impractical this sounds?

if he talks it wouldn't be so funny anymore

Why not? And whats so funny about his silence that has makes you laugh?

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2010 - 01:24 AM

Dark_side646 I don't think gay is an offence, because I don't have nothing against gays. I like Tommy, but obviously I don't like him as much I like Claude. tounge2.gif Oh in The Sims people make poop with pants on too, I guess they don't want to show his body parts biggrin.gif It could have happened, who knows? I think it's kind nonsense it could happened, but no one knows! They're different but they still are Liberty Cities, and those Claudes and El Burros can be different in some things, but they still Claude and El Burro moto_whistle.gif Oh thank you, I always wanted to know it!! Q6: How do you view yourself?
A6: I'm no oil painting but I've seen worse. I've certainly slept with worse. Claude don't think like this, you're awesome!! inlove.gif inlove.gif This test is nonsense! orly.gif I know that speak can be very bad because I talk too much and I always get myself in trouble because what I've spoken! cry.gif cry.gif I think the silence is a "trademark" of Claude, Claude without silence would be like Tommy without Hawaiian Shirts and CJ without swearing tounge2.gif

Dark_side646
  • Dark_side646

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 October 2010 - 11:01 AM Edited by Dark_side646, 10 October 2010 - 12:03 PM.

If Vic didn't respawn in a hospital, then neither can Claude.

I don't think gay is an offence, because I don't have nothing against gays

I never said that you do. But blaming a straight man for being gay and calling him gay all the time seems downright offensive to me. Try doing this to a real person and you'll know what I mean. Accuse your husband (or any other straight guy you know of) for being gay and keep calling him gay in front of everyone all the time either for no reason or using a bunch of stupid excuses like you made for Tommy. Lets see how long that guy can tolerate your attitude without taking offence. If he's perfectly happy with your treatment, even though he's straight, then he's just as spineless as Claude is.

I guess they don't want to show his body parts

R* don't need to worry about that in Claude's case. They can show him talking without showing "body parts" so I don't see any problem or controversy taking place if R* makes him talk.

It could have happened, who knows? I think it's kind nonsense it could happened, but no one knows!

If you're talking about Claude's multiple affairs and hot-coffees with 8-Ball and all his other male employers, then its not nonsense. Its as much possible, valid, credible and sensible as Tommy being gay. If Maria's "don't talk too much" line in Chatterbox is a proof of Claude talking, then her "always being with guys" line is proof of his homosexuality and all the gay relationships that Claude had with all his male employers were very very real. Enjoy your nightmares.

They're different but they still are Liberty Cities

But they are not the same city. Seeing as how different they are, its impossible for the same city to change so much. Liberty City, as it was during 2001 in GTA3, can not change so much, get more islands (that appear out of nowhere) attached to it and grow so much in size. Especially in a span of 8-9 years, after which GTA IV takes place. Its impossible so they have to be different Liberty Cities from different cannons. Similarly, both the Claudes and El Burros are also different people from different GTA cannons.

This test is nonsense!

That is why Claude's last name is still unknown and he is a mute who lacks the ability to talk. If you wish to prove me wrong, do not use this test as a source for your future arguments because it is, like you said yourself, complete nonsense.

I always get myself in trouble because what I've spoken!

Here's a suggestion, stop acting like somebody, who always takes everything as a joke and who gets a laugh out of calling people gay for no reason, and start talking like a smart, responsible and mature woman, who takes things seriously and acts responsibly. In other words, start acting like the grown-up you claim to be. Trust me, you won't get into trouble, you'll love being able to talk freely and speech will feel like one of the best and most important parts of life.

I think the silence is a "trademark" of Claude

Thats the only reason why I said that I'd give you the win in this case. That might actually be true. But there is no confirmation nor any denial from R*. There used to be a time when people believed that Vic looking different in VCS and the introduction of Pete was just too convenient to be a co-incidence and used that as a proof of Vic not dying in VC. Then R* confirmed that it was indeed Vic who had died in VC.
The same can happen here. I find it too suspicious that R* made CJ call Claude a mute, even when they could've made him curse Claude without calling him a mute. That also when they actually had a chance to establish the opposite and prove that Claude could talk. But until R* can officially prove that Claude can indeed talk, we can never be sure and that is why I'm always going to be of the opinion that he's mute. Without any official confirmation, him not talking just doesn't make any kind of sense otherwise.

Claude without silence would be like Tommy without Hawaiian Shirts and CJ without swearing

Which would be a great improvement for all of them. Tommy's shirt is downright hideous and I always dress him in better clothes like the Soirée and Mr. Vercetti outfits. Also, while CJ swears far lesser than some other GTA characters as well as all other protagonists after him, I prefer the more sophisticated and civilized nature that he displayed while working for Salvatore. And finally, a speaking Claude might turn out to be a lot less spineless than he was in GTA3 and might even have an impressive personality that all can appreciate instead of being the bland dumb muscle that only a very small number of people can tolerate. So I don't see anything wrong with CJ swearing less, Tommy wearing better clothes and Claude talking, just like a normal human being.

Claude Speed.
  • Claude Speed.

I'm still around...

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 October 2010 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (Dark_side646 @ Oct 10 2010, 11:01)

If Vic didn't respawn in a hospital, then neither can Claude?

That's right! Otherwise Salvatore, Big Smoke, Ryder, Pulaski, Tempenny etc would still be alive. When characters die a storyline death they are dead forever.

Dark_side646
  • Dark_side646

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 October 2010 - 12:02 PM Edited by Dark_side646, 10 October 2010 - 12:05 PM.

That actually sounds a lot more reasonable than what I put in. Thank you. I don't like to think of Claude being dead, so this is another reason why I believe him to be different from Claude Speed of GTA2.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2010 - 02:37 PM Edited by cidamelo, 10 October 2010 - 02:40 PM.

Dark_side646 I agree, call a real person gay if he isn't is a offence, but Tommy is just a character lol.gif lol I hate hawaiian shirts but Tommy looks stylish with them, even thought I prefer to dress him with Mr. Vercetti's suit. Claude could spawn in the nearest hospital, there're people who can survive with a lot of shots, why Claude wouldn't tounge2.gif ? But there's a thing I think it's very suspect..... In GTA IV forum, a person said Playboy X could have killed Claude, because he said "A silent motherf*cker tried to f*ck with me, but I f*cked him and got hold of his prize possessions. Not the tough guy in Liberty City anymore, the silent bastard!" And in Playboy X's house there's the Claude's clothes. Some people said they haven't heard it, but I heard!!!! Does anybody here heard it too? notify.gif

Dark_side646
  • Dark_side646

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:30 PM

I agree, call a real person gay if he isn't is a offence, but Tommy is just a character

I'll tell you something personal. I used to know someone who claimed to like Tommy but would use the smallest of reasons to bash Tommy, I'd prove him wrong, he'd leave the debate, disappear, then return and act as if nothing happened. Don't be as immature as he was. If you don't like Tommy, just accept it. Its fine, nobody will hate you for it. Its one thing to think that someone is gay, under a false impression, and another thing to refuse to believe otherwise and remain adamant, even after you're proven wrong.
People in that topic gave you clear evidences and proved more than once that Tommy is straight but you simply refuse to believe it. You make-up weird theories to support your opinion. The same theories which you call nonsense and stupid, when applied to Claude. To me, such an attitude only proves how biased you are against Tommy. Continue claiming to like Tommy all you want but you clearly have something against him that gave birth to such a childish attitude against him.

I hate hawaiian shirts but Tommy looks stylish with them, even thought I prefer to dress him with Mr. Vercetti's suit

Meaning it wasn't his trademark after all.

Claude could spawn in the nearest hospital, there're people who can survive with a lot of shots, why Claude wouldn't?

For the same reason Vic didn't spawn in a hospital and died instead. Like Claude Speed. said, the movie depicted a storyline death, meaning Claude Speed dying was part of the story. Here, a character doesn't respawn but dies instead. That may not apply to the Claude Speed of the game but neither does the ability to talk. So there are only 2 options in GTA2's story, either Claude Speed talks but dies in the end and doesn't respawn in a hospital (movie) or he survives his adventure but remains a mute (game). Either way, he's not the Claude of GTA3 IMO.

Playboy X could have killed Claude

I'm not believing it, since I'm firmly of the opinion that GTA IV and GTA3 are different universes in the GTA series. So as far as I'm concerned, Claude did not exist in the same universe as Niko did, neither did Claude Speed. Playboy X is talking about someone else as far as I'm concerned. There's no unspoken rule that Claude is supposed to be the only mute in the GTA series.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2010 - 05:15 PM

Dark_side646 you're wrong, I like Tommy! But I admit that when I think he's gay, I'm being subjective. It's just my opinion. tounge2.gif There's a lot of characters in GTA Series I don't like, but Tommy isn't on my list. I rather not believe Playboy X killed Claude, but I want to know if somebody else can remember Playboy X saying it. Because there is people who say he didn't say it, I want to know if I were crazy or he really said this. The problem is that GTA IV has hidden dialogues, which only appear sometimes notify.gif But it's a coincidence! And OG Loc, for example, exists in GTA IV lol.gif

Dark_side646
  • Dark_side646

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 October 2010 - 07:43 PM

you're wrong, I like Tommy!

See? Thats the exact sort of childish and immature attitude that I'm talking about. Despite what I said, you're still stubborn and adamant. I believe I presented a very accurate representation of your attitude in that topic. Thats how you are, when you argue why Tommy is gay. Right now, you didn't even try to explain yourself. Just flat out said that I'm wrong, end of story. If what I said about your attitude is wrong, please explain how. Oh wait, who am I kidding? Of course you won't. Thats not being subjective, thats being outright biased. Not trying to sound homophobic, but wouldn't you also like to believe that Tommy is straight and not gay? If not, then I rest my case. If, for some reason, accusing a straight man for being gay actually gives you joy and pleasure then that is just cheap and I have nothing more to say on this issue.

I want to know if I were crazy

There is a very strong possibility devil.gif . Just kidding. tounge.gif

And OG Loc, for example, exists in GTA IV

Yes, so? If GTA IV can feature a different Liberty City, why can't it also have a different OG Loc and a different Madd Dogg? Its a situation similar to Vice City, in which there was a poster of an adult Claude who, in reality, would be only a little boy at that time. Unless you haven't realized, these things are called Easter-Eggs and aren't meant to be taken seriously.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2010 - 07:52 PM

Dark_side646 I think you're taking it too personal, Tommy won't get offended because he doesn't exists tounge2.gif If he really existed, obviously I wouldn't call him gay. And yes, I like him, if I didn't like him I'd say Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif And I thought that being subjective was almost the same thing of being biased, but I can be wrong, I don't know english very much cryani.gif Oh I'm not so crazy, just sometimes sigh.gif So a "different" Claude Speed could exist in that dimension lol.gif Anyway, I hate Playboy X, I'm glad I killed him!! monocle.gif

Dark_side646
  • Dark_side646

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:14 PM Edited by Dark_side646, 10 October 2010 - 08:45 PM.

I think you're taking it too personal

OK, you win. I'm sorry, I guess I over-reacted. My bad. confused.gif

being subjective was almost the same thing of being biased

Yes, you're right. My bad again. suicidal.gif But you're either biased in favor of something or against it. Common interpretation of a biased attitude is usually extreme love or extreme hate. If I still misjudged you on this account then I apologize. confused.gif

Anyway, I hate Playboy X, I'm glad I killed him!!

I think the majority did the same thing, since Dwayne seems to be quite popular. I haven't played IV but as far as I'm concerned, nobody is going to miss him.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:45 PM

Dark_side646 no problem, I like your posts, you know a lot about GTA lol.gif Dwayne is a cool guy, thought he is too depressive. And his bonus is awesome, there're missions I could never pass without Dwayne's goons. Playboy X is annoying, I hate him sneaky2.gif sneaky2.gif

Dark_side646
  • Dark_side646

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:18 PM

And his bonus is awesome

Good to hear more useful information on IV. icon14.gif I wish I get to play it some day.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:48 PM

You should play GTA IV!!! Is awesome!! I want to play Episodes From Liberty City but I don't find it to buy cryani.gif

GTAgurlie1988
  • GTAgurlie1988

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (Dark_side646 @ Oct 7 2010, 23:32)
Whats so ridiculous? CJ is as much a GTA character as Claude. If it were any other game, I wouldn't believe it but since R* were the ones who made that scene and who made CJ call Claude a mute is why I believe it. Why else would R* make CJ call Claude a mute if even they believed that Claude wasn't a mute? You don't usually go around insulting someone by calling them mutes. I'm not stating this as a proof, I'm just acting on an assumption since it doesn't seem to fit that CJ would call Claude mute just for the hell of it.

do you think Claude is gay?

No I don't. There's no proof of it just like there is no proof of Tommy being gay either (like it or not).
I only brought that up in a discussion with some people who kept insisting that Maria telling Lazlow that Claude "don't talk too much" proves that he can talk. So I countered this argument by asking whether Maria wondering why Claude hangs out with guys proves that he's gay.

Exactly! Maria telling someone "He don't talk too much..." might be her nice way of saying don't expect him to talk because he just doesn't. I don't know why or if he could if he wanted to but he just does not speak. If he COULD talk or make a noise, I'm sure he would. I don't really buy the whole idea of Rockstar actually screwing up like that. How do you forget your main character needs a voice? If Claude from GTA III is the same as Claude Speed from the previous games, then maybe something happened to either his voice box that makes it impossible or very painful to speak or mentally something happened that he just stopped speaking one day.

It takes a real lame-brain to translate "He don't talk too much..." into "Yes he speaks."

And as for Claude or Tommy being gay? How the heck would anyone get that idea? If either character were gay... Well, anyone that actually uses their brain should be able to figure out that they're not.

Dark_side646
  • Dark_side646

Prankster

• Members

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:26 PM Edited by Dark_side646, 24 October 2010 - 06:31 PM.

I don't really buy the whole idea of Rockstar actually screwing up like that.

Well, the GTA series did have silent main characters before VC, but I understand your point. What I don't agree as R* messing up, would be CJ calling Claude a mute. It just seems far too convenient to be a mistake by R* that they can just shrug off saying,"We just ****ed up. So what?"

And as for Claude or Tommy being gay? How the heck would anyone get that idea? If either character were gay... Well, anyone that actually uses their brain should be able to figure out that they're not.

Take a look at this but do so at your own risk. You'll see a bunch of idiotic "evidences" showing why Tommy could be gay. As for Claude, then that was just me messing around by applying those "evidences" to Claude and getting the same result.

It takes a real lame-brain to translate "He don't talk too much..." into "Yes he speaks."

Sadly, the said translation is quite popular among most Claude fans. I'm just saying. moto_whistle.gif

Claude Speed.
  • Claude Speed.

I'm still around...

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:57 PM

user posted image
But then again, 'silent type' doesn't tell me that he is mute.

Dark_side646
  • Dark_side646

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:04 AM

Vercetti Gang choked the life out of the Forelli family doesn't equate to Tommy single-handedly surviving a Forrelli attack either. Whats your point?

Claude Speed.
  • Claude Speed.

I'm still around...

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 October 2010 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (Dark_side646 @ Oct 26 2010, 06:04)
Whats your point?

They could have said mute or silent but they added the word type, which brings another meaning to the word silent: http://idioms.yourdi...ong-silent-type
Either Rockstar is using words that they don't know the meaning of, or Claude ain't mute at all.

Dark_side646
  • Dark_side646

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 October 2010 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE (Claude Speed. @ Oct 26 2010, 13:33)
Rockstar is using words that they don't know the meaning of

This IMO. Because "the Vercetti Gang choked the life out of the Forelli family" should mean that the Forrellis were completely destroyed by the Vercettis. However, the last time I checked, the Forrellis were still strong enough to keep fighting against their 2 rivals, as is obvious from SA and LCS. Heck, even in GTA3 they were still there, in contrast to the Sindaccos who had been wiped out.

As for actually saying the word "mute", then they'd done that 6 years ago, in SA. So the confusion still remains as to which one of R*'s creation is to be trusted. Should it be their game in which R*, themselves, made a scene where Claude was called a mute or their online quiz that not only uses the wrong pattern of descriptions to select a character but also gives the wrong information about that character in the result.

Claude Speed.
  • Claude Speed.

I'm still around...

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:40 PM

I guess we'll never know what happened 'behind the scenes' in those races when CJ meets\sees Claude. He called him a mute out of anger and when people are angry they often say things that are not exactly true.

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:01 PM

Wow, never saw this topic. It sounds fake, but if its in a trailer it had to be real.

Dark_side646
  • Dark_side646

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:07 PM Edited by Dark_side646, 26 October 2010 - 07:11 PM.

I guess we'll never know what happened 'behind the scenes' in those races when CJ meets\sees Claude. He called him a mute out of anger and when people are angry they often say things that are not exactly true.

You're right. We can never know until there can be an official confirmation by R* (sorry, not believing anything in that test). I said it before and I'll say it again, its just my speculation and it helps me make sense of III's story because, lets face it, even the strong-silent types talk when there is a need to. I just find it too convenient that R* made CJ call Claude "mute" and "snake without a tongue", when they could've just made CJ use any other insult. Not to mention, the fact that they had a chance to make Claude talk in SA but didn't. No need to hear him, just making his lips move or showing him whispering something in Catalina's ear, for example, would've been good enough to prove Claude's ability to talk (if so) and not make him look out of character.

Its just like the situation with Vic in the past. It seemed too convenient for Vic in VCS to look different from how he looked in VC to be just a minor design flaw. Add to that the introduction of Pete and Vic's firm refusal to do anything with the drugs that Lance had stashed in the end, and people had every right to believe that it was actually Pete who had died in VC and that Vic was still alive. Then R* drops the bomb and confirms Vic's death on their official website and the debate has finally ended. Now, if only they could do the same for Claude's case and we could all rest our cases once and for all.

Claude Speed.
  • Claude Speed.

I'm still around...

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:14 PM

Yeah, I really hope that everything about Claude is going to be made clear by R* sometime in the future.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users