Here's just some of my favourite quotes from video games, movies, and books:
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne:
- We are willing to suffer, to die for the things we care about. For love, for the right choices, because of her, I had solved the case. My case. All of it. Who I am. Is it worth it? Saying that it never is would be a lie. Sometimes you get lucky. Sometimes, something good comes out of it. Something you know you wouldn't deserve in a million years. Something that gives you a reason to go on.
- This is love. When someone drags you from the wreckage when you have given in, ready to just lie there and die. This is love. When someone, no matter what the cost, shows you there is hope, a choice, that you can put down your gun. This is love. Love hurts.
- The past is a puzzle, like a broken mirror. As you piece it together, you cut yourself, your image keeps shifting. And you change with it. It could destroy you, drive you mad. It could set you free.
The Majic Moostapholees (Bully):
- Don't blow out another's candle to make yours shine brighter.
- Forgive your enemies. It really annoys them.
- Stand up to be seen. Speak up to be heard. Shut up to be appreciated.
- Today is the first day of the rest of your life.
- It's hard to stay mad when there's so much beauty in the world.
- It's a great thing when you realize you still have the ability to surprise yourself. Makes you wonder what else you can do that you've forgotten about.
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:
- So long, and thanks for all the fish.
- Once you do know what the question actually is, you'll know what the answer means.
- Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparelleled definition of reverse entropy.
- The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars.
- I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.
- One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
- Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
by each let this be heard,
some do it with a bitter look,
some with a flattering word,
the coward does it with a kiss,
the brave man with a sword!
Some kill their love when they are young,
and some when they are old;
some strangle with the hands of Lust,
some with the hands of Gold:
the kindest use a knife, because
the dead so soon grow cold.
Some love too little, some too long,
some sell, and others buy;
some do the deed with many tears,
and some without a sigh:
for each man kills the thing he loves,
yet each man does not die.