Your Favorite Quotes

516 replies to this topic
WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:53 PM

“Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it.” 

―Donald E. Knuth

Xboxless
  • Xboxless

Gangsta

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:09 AM Edited by Xboxless, 08 January 2014 - 01:09 AM.

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 

“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” 

“In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion.” 

All of these, from the great mind of Carl Sagan. I love this man, he gave me a purpose, though I don't know the direction, and allowed me to see the beauty in this world.

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

I'm Offended By This Username

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:35 AM

"Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Ben Franklin

"Tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan

I should never have switched from Scotch to Martinis." - Humphrey Bogart

• DeafMetal likes this

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Thou shalt not commit logical fallacies

• United-Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:52 AM

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."
"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

Exchange between Lady Astor and Lord Birkenhead—F.E. Smith, Lord Birkenhead
  • PaletoChickenCapo likes this

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:51 PM Edited by BuyMeTheMoon, 08 January 2014 - 02:08 PM.

Superbad:
"We hung out in my basement, the chill zone, where we chill-lax. Like relax and chill all at once"
- Conversation between Evan and Becka. Hilarious, I laugh so hard when I hear it

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Generic GTA Username™

• Members
  • India

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:01 PM

"War, War never changes" - Fallout 3 narrator.

"..The good thing is that humanity still exists. The human race is stubborn like that" - The Overseer, Fallout 3.

I've always found these two quotes impressive for some reason. I don't know but there's just some kind of special meaning in them that I can't explain.

AgentSimons
  • AgentSimons

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:34 PM

In actuality, war is one of the most rapidly changing concepts on the planet. Each advancement in metallurgy, combustion, aerodynamics leads to a new generation of warfare. It is a far cry now from 200,000 troops meeting in battle with spear and chariot. Case in point, drone warfare, covert operations. I can't think of anything that has changed as much as warfare has.  I think if Xerxes or Darius were here today they would agree with me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users