Quantcast

» «
Photo

Your Favorite Quotes

516 replies to this topic
UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

I'm that bada** n*gga yo moms warned you about.

• Members

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:09 AM Edited by UrbanTheEmcee, 30 April 2009 - 06:14 AM.

I never said thank you.... and you'll never have to. (Batman Begins)

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything. (Seasons)

They say papa was a rolling stone, well I ain't papa. (Recoil)

You can't remember what you never forgot. (My Uncle John)

A rooster crows only when it sees the light. Put him in the dark and he'll never crow. I have seen the light and I'm crowing. (Muhammad Ali)

A man who views the world at fifty years old, the same as he did at twenty, has wasted thirty years of his life. (Muhammad Ali)

No compass comes with this life, just eyes
So to map it out you must look inside
Sure books can guide you, but your heart defines you (Jay-Z)

These are just some of my favorite quotes.

beavis
  • beavis

Lone Wolf

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:11 AM

Same quote that's in my respect list on my profile.

"Respect is not given, it is earned"

I'm sure it's from the godfather, but I think I remember seeing it on GTA1/GTA2.

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

Feds

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:23 AM

"Bleating and babbling, we fell on his neck with a scream. Wave upon wave of demented avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream." - Pink Floyd (from the song Sheep)

"Let me explain something to you. I am not Mr. Lebowski. You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm The Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing." - The Dude (from The Big Lebowski)

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:33 AM

I haven't got any favourites... I have a whole list of brilliant quotes.

Also, alot of them come from games. Especially Max Payne (almost every word Max says is just pure poetry :]).

'I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings.'

Also a brilliant quote from reservoir dogs (when they're at the diner, discussing the 'tip' thing):

'I'm very sorry the government taxes their tips, that's f*cked up. That ain't my fault. It would seem to me that waitresses are one of the many groups the government f*cks in the ass on a regular basis. Look, if you show me a piece of paper that says the government shouldn't do that, I'll sign it, put it to a vote, I'll vote for it, but what I won't do is play ball. And this non-college bullsh*t you're givin' me, I got two words for that: learn to f*ckin' type, 'cause if you're expecting me to help out with the rent you're in for a big f*ckin' surprise.' - Mr. Pink

I find it brilliant... also I agree what he says :]. (well, just watch the movie and you'll find his whole argumentation.

Hmm, this is a fun topic. I shall continue to search some more of my favourite quotes/think of some more brilliant quotes.

Wuirt 
  • Wuirt 

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:41 AM

John Lennon's answer when asked why he had moved to New York:
"If I'd lived in Roman times, I'd have lived in Rome. Where else? Today America is the Roman Empire and New York is Rome itself."

John Lennon again:
"When I was 12, I used to think I was a genius and nobody had noticed. If there is such a thing as a genius, I am one, and if there isn't, then I don't care."

and again:
"I might have been born in Liverpool - but I grew up in Hamburg!"

Overmorrow
  • Overmorrow

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:44 PM

Very few crooks even go to the trouble to come up with a theme for their careers anymore. It makes them a lot tougher to spot. "Did you lose a Sony? It could be the Penguin. I think we can round him up; he's dressed like a PENGUIN. We can find him; he's a PENGUIN!"
- Jerry Seinfeld

o-lordy turn.gif

kimr120
  • kimr120

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 April 2009 - 01:28 PM

from i am legend "Eat your vegetables. Don't just push 'em around, eat 'em. I ain't playin'!"

and another one "What the hell are you doing out here, Fred? Fred, if you're real, you better tell me right now!"

and another "This is Ground Zero. This is my site. I can fix. I can fix this."

Mav.
  • Mav.

Ghetto Star

• The Connection

Posted 30 April 2009 - 01:59 PM

I very much appreciate and live by this one;

'Things could always get worse.'

And I also like this one;

'Don't ask and you won't have to be lied to.'

Slamman
  • Slamman

Godawful-Disturbed-Earl Root

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2009 - 02:12 PM Edited by Slamman, 30 April 2009 - 02:16 PM.

I took this from a hat I bought for a co-worker thanking him for the work on my car....
It read "F*ck you, you f*cking f*ck!"

Something like that.
I always loved "I'll be back"

I do use movie quotes in real life, everyday....one being the movie CROSSROADS with Ralph Macchio <sp?> and Steve Vai, The Devil throws down with Ralphy boy to buy back an old blues man's soul. The Devil goes by the old saying in the South "Legba".

Your money don't buy nuthin where Legba come from, boy! (said in accent with a fast delivery)

I paraphrase that. I love the characters in the movie, so often if they're endearing and the line just sticks in your head, I'd use it.

anus
  • anus

iHoodz Prez

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 30 April 2009 - 02:15 PM

I'm like a dog chasing cars - I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one!

gta-evo4
  • gta-evo4

Pc Gamer since 20th century

• Members

Posted 30 April 2009 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (Wuirt  @ Apr 30 2009, 11:41)

"I might have been born in Liverpool - but I grew up in Hamburg!"

(My parents, fan of them)
I might have been born in Hamburg - but I grew up in Liverpool! Haha
Nietzsche:
"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness"
"I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you"

.AshRemains
  • .AshRemains

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 April 2009 - 03:27 PM

Isn't "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything." from the Public Enemy song Harder Than You Think? confused.gif

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

The Number of the Beast

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 30 April 2009 - 03:34 PM

"A man's reach must exceed his grasp or what's a penis for?" - Charlie Harper (Charlie Sheen), Two and a Half Men

Eminence
  • Eminence

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 30 April 2009 - 03:44 PM

"To be or not to be, that is the question;
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing, end them. To die, to sleep;
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to — 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep;
To sleep, perchance to dream. Ay, there's the rub,
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come,
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause. There's the respect
That makes calamity of so long life,
For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,
Th'oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely,
The pangs of despised love, the law's delay,
The insolence of office, and the spurns
That patient merit of th'unworthy takes,
When he himself might his quietus make
With a bare bodkin? who would fardels bear,
To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
But that the dread of something after death,
The undiscovered country from whose bourn
No traveller returns, puzzles the will,
And makes us rather bear those ills we have
Than fly to others that we know not of?
Thus conscience does make cowards of us all,
And thus the native hue of resolution
Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,
And enterprises of great pitch and moment
With this regard their currents turn awry,
And lose the name of action."

TheTank
  • TheTank

Yardie

• Members

Posted 30 April 2009 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE (.AshRemains @ Apr 30 2009, 18:27)
Isn't "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything." from the Public Enemy song Harder Than You Think? confused.gif

You do realise many rap/hip hop artists copy some famous quotes as their lyrics for their songs? tounge.gif I noticed that, when I listened rap and hip hop. Well, I still do sometimes.

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

The Number of the Beast

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 30 April 2009 - 03:46 PM

Hamlet FTW.

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • Indonesia

Posted 30 April 2009 - 03:50 PM

"Peace and prosperity be damned, my brother..." biggrin.gif

I had a lot, but I can't think of any tounge.gif

bartekxyz
  • bartekxyz

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲

• Members

Posted 30 April 2009 - 03:56 PM

Quote from "Sam and Max Hit the Road":

Sam: I hope you know that watching too much TV is super bad for the eyes.
Dug, the Moleman: Why do all you poorly-focused, squishy blobs say that?

DemonKing
  • DemonKing

There's no love in your violence.

• Members

Posted 30 April 2009 - 04:12 PM

There Will Be Blood.

Drainage! Drainage, Eli, you boy. Drained dry. I'm so sorry. Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!

American Psycho:

I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.

Fight Club:

You wake up at Seatac, SFO, LAX. You wake up at O'Hare, Dallas-Fort Worth, BWI. Pacific, mountain, central. Lose an hour, gain an hour. This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. You wake up at Air Harbor International. If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Taxi Driver:

All the animals come out at night - whores, skunk pussies, buggers, queens, fairies, dopers, junkies, sick, venal. Someday a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets. I go all over. I take people to the Bronx, Brooklyn, I take 'em to Harlem. I don't care. Don't make no difference to me. It does to some. Some won't even take spooks. Don't make no difference to me.

The Shawshank Redemption:

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

Clockwork Orange:

There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence.

Aussiebushmatt
  • Aussiebushmatt

How's that for a slice of fried gold?

• Members

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:02 PM

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

-Al Pacino as Michael Corleone in The Godfather

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:07 PM Edited by Typhus, 23 June 2013 - 05:44 AM.

"A clown can get away with murder."
John Wayne Gacy

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:11 PM

"The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic."

The great Joseph Stalin.

ThePhenom92
  • ThePhenom92

Call me Angel

• Members

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:19 PM

Read my sig for three of my favorite quotes.

Divide by Disturbed: "So can you tell me exactly what "Freedom" means if I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be"

I really like that quote because I'm myself. I'm not Emo, or Goth, yet people claim I am. I simply like wearing black and want to be quiet, and I like Rock and Metal music (I know listening to Rock and Metal doesn't meaning you are Emo or Goth, but in my school it apparently does). People tell me to talk more, start wearing more colors, f*uck that, I just wanna be myself.

"A photo will only last as long as the camera or the computer you put the picture in, a memory will last a lifetime."-Me.

I'm hanging out with a friend of mine on a rare hot day in New York just a few days ago and we were by the East River and she really liked the view, but her phone wasn't charged so she was pretty sad, I told her that quote and she cheered up. Although quite honestly, I think I heard something similar to that before. Can't tell.

Avarice by Disturbed: "Avarice will kill you in time"

So freaking true. Our economy is in the sh*t hole because of greedy bankers. By the way, Avarice means Greed and it is one of the 7 Deadly Sins.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:39 PM Edited by Typhus, 23 June 2013 - 05:45 AM.

Nah.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:04 PM

"I guess he finally found a way to shut you up huh?" Wolverine to Deadpool in Xmen origins.

"You cannot kill what you did not create." One of the lines from a song made by SlipKnot.

Kalasinn
  • Kalasinn

Zomb Thatch™

• Zaibatsu

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:12 PM

"Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem."
Josef Stalin

"History shows that there are no invincible armies."
Josef Stalin

"I believe in one thing only, the power of human will."
Josef Stalin

"Fight through the pain!"
Marcus Fenix

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:16 PM

"Long time ago, Nunally, Suzaku, and I talked about something. We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form. If I'm not mistaken, I think it was Suzaku that said that the shape of happiness might resemble glass. His reasoning made sense. He said that even though you don't usually notice it, its still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." – From the Anime Code Geass.

"Rap is something you do, Hip-Hop is something you live." – KRS One

"Rap music is the only vital form of music introduced since punk rock." – Kurt Kobain

"People are always teaching us democracy but the people who teach us democracy don't want to learn it themselves." – Vladimir Putin

"He raped 10 women. I never expected it from him. He surprised all of us. We all envy him." – Vladimir Putin

"The individual who refuses to defend his rights when called by his Government, deserves to be a slave, and must be punished as an enemy of his country and friend to her foe." – Andrew Jackson

"It is to be regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the acts of government to their selfish purposes. Distinctions in society will always exist under every just government." – Andrew Jackson

VinnyGouveia
  • VinnyGouveia

Back to Los Santos

• Members

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:36 PM

Don't know if it is totally correct, but I'm stunned that this wasn't posted:

"That's one small step for man, one great leap for mankind."

Kalasinn
  • Kalasinn

Zomb Thatch™

• Zaibatsu

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:57 PM Edited by Kalasinn, 30 April 2009 - 10:00 PM.

"Oh no we aren't! We're dicks! We're reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks! And the Film Actors' Guild!... are pussies. And Kim Jong Il!... is an asshole. Pussies don't like dicks!...because pussies get f*cked by dicks. But dicks also f*ck assholes. Assholes who just want to sh*t on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way, but the only thing that can f*ck an asshole... is a dick... with some balls. The problem with dicks is that sometimes they f*ck too much, or f*ck when it isn't appropriate,... and it takes a pussy to show 'em that. But sometimes pussies get so full of sh*t that they become assholes themselves. Because pussies are only an inch and a half away from assholes. I don't know much in this... crazy, crazy world, but I do know that if you don't let us f*ck this asshole, we are gonna have our dicks and our pussies!... all covered in sh*t."
Gary - Team America: World Police.

"I was just a boy when the infidels came into my village in their Black Hawk helicopters. The infidels fired at the oil fields and they lit up like the eyes of Allah. Burning oil rained down from the sky and cooked everything it touched. I could only hide myself and cry as my goats were consumed by the fire of black liquid death. In the midst of the chaos, I could swear that I heard my goats... screaming for help. As quickly as they'd come the infidels were gone. It was on that day... I put a jihad on them. And if you don't believe it, then you'd better kill me now, because I'll put a jihad on you too."

"You might have all the others fooled, but not me. Your acting was reckless and it put us all in danger! The next time you pull a stunt like that I'll drill two holes through your dick so that when you pee, it shoots out in all different directions, you got it?!"
Chris - Team America: World Police.

"Let's get one thing straight, actor! I don't trust you! And if you betray us, I'll rip your f*ckin' balls off and stuff 'em up your ass so that the next time you sh*t, you'll sh*t all over your balls! Got it?!"
Chris - Team America: World Police.

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

I'm that bada** n*gga yo moms warned you about.

• Members

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE (Kalasinn @ Apr 30 2009, 16:57)
"Oh no we aren't! We're dicks! We're reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks! And the Film Actors' Guild!... are pussies. And Kim Jong Il!... is an asshole. Pussies don't like dicks!...because pussies get f*cked by dicks. But dicks also f*ck assholes. Assholes who just want to sh*t on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way, but the only thing that can f*ck an asshole... is a dick... with some balls. The problem with dicks is that sometimes they f*ck too much, or f*ck when it isn't appropriate,... and it takes a pussy to show 'em that. But sometimes pussies get so full of sh*t that they become assholes themselves. Because pussies are only an inch and a half away from assholes. I don't know much in this... crazy, crazy world, but I do know that if you don't let us f*ck this asshole, we are gonna have our dicks and our pussies!... all covered in sh*t."

"Classic" icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users