Most annoying mission failure

266 replies to this topic
Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 17 October 2009 - 02:18 AM

I passed End of the Line my first ever try. You've just got to floor it when it's time to catch Sweet. The Feltzer is fairly fast and handles well, it's just a matter of being a good "driver" tounge.gif
  • Jhay-Are 24 likes this

Master Mind
  • Master Mind

shot caller

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 October 2009 - 03:48 AM

Yeah, Listen to the Mod.

Just when Sweet start losing grip (you know that when the griping bar appear) go under him and he will go in your car

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 17 October 2009 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (Mainland Marauder @ Oct 16 2009, 13:23)
It's been said, but nothing beats "Photo Opportunity." On top of being the lamest mission in the history of the GTA series (OK, maybe not, or maybe so? tounge.gif ) you can fail if you don't quite get enough of any of the people's faces, and you have to drive Cesar's Savanna that is probably the worst handling car in the game off-road. And naturally you're driving out in the sticks where going offroad is the quickest path between the two points. Flip, you fail; screw up with the pictures, you fail. God, that mission totally sucks the meat missile.

"Snail Trail" with the "spook-o-meter" is an honorable mention, and that mission also bites the big one.

I would say the most pointless (or lame if you want to call it that) mission in the GTA series is "Running Dog" from SA. Completely pointless, I never understood the point, it's not hard at all but it's completely pointless. I don't even understand what it's about, CJ is obviously right when he says Smoke is full of sh*t. Half the time he says a bunch of weird stuff I had a hard time understanding.

But on topic: Photo Opportunity is a pain in the ass, but I always save at Doherty, then go to the airport, get a Maverick and fly to Cesar, from there I have to use that damn Savanna which flips over with ease. Snail Trail is probably the most boring mission, imagine doing it with a police vehicle, no radio makes it even twice as boring. Then the trip back to SF is not really much fun either.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

sniper8057
  • sniper8057

Asshole

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 October 2009 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Oct 17 2009, 14:49)
I would say the most pointless (or lame if you want to call it that) mission in the GTA series is "Running Dog" from SA. Completely pointless, I never understood the point, it's not hard at all but it's completely pointless. I don't even understand what it's about, CJ is obviously right when he says Smoke is full of sh*t. Half the time he says a bunch of weird stuff I had a hard time understanding.

Agree with you there, homie.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 18 October 2009 - 10:44 PM

I have a couple of brand new annoying failures that I'd like to mention.

Air Raid: When there's one second left, the last transmitter is bombed and you'll hear Zero's annoying voice shouting "CURRRRSSEEE YOU BERKLEY" twice which makes you aim at him quickly and shoot him dead before the screen goes blank.

Supply Lines: When you're only a couple of roofs behind Zero's, you run out of fuel... happened to me now.

Both of that happened for an hour ago. I have started a new game and those two missions rank amongst the top 5 most annoying ones (alongside Life's a Beach which this time I passed with ease getting nearly 6000 and Toreno's Last Flight). I am playing on PS2 now, too. And before turning it off, I passed Photo Opportunity in one try, pretty glad about it! So I thought CJ deserves to get some sleep on a bed and saved at the Doherty safe house.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

d.nivatkar
  • d.nivatkar

Call me Devang

• Members

Posted 19 October 2009 - 01:49 PM

Didnt you save it like every ten tags or so...or were you trying to complete all 100 tags before saving...thats crazy

I have completed the game with no mods (100% ie) only once, That time I had locked Sweet in my garage and did the 100 Tags at a go, took some two hours (had a printed map obv) and collected both the Snapshots and Oysters during 'Drive Thru', just didn't get in the car with the crew.

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Grand Theft Auto IV

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:44 PM

In robbing uncle sam Ryder died because apparently, I wasn't signaling him to throw the crates.

khsh97
  • khsh97

Team Bring It

• Members
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [SA Mission Help]

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:30 AM

My most annyoing mission failure is when i get near to complete the mission and got busted by cops. And also annoying flying mission like N.O.E and freefall where i do rest of the task and when going back to land the plane i accidently hit the plane with tree or wall and it explodes.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Notorious fan of underground electronic music and Molly Schultz

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:36 PM

Freefall. Just lost the plane. Just. Lost. The. f*cking. Plane. THE DODO SUCKS!

• ten-a-penny likes this

WorldofCog
  • WorldofCog

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:50 PM Edited by WorldofCog, 11 May 2014 - 04:51 PM.

ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS FOLLOW THE DAMN TRAIN, CJ!

I had to use several cheats to pass that mission after more than 10 tries. Smoke can't shoot.

GTAGuy1995
  • GTAGuy1995

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:58 PM Edited by GTAGuy1995, 11 May 2014 - 05:00 PM.

Am I the only one who passed Freefall mission in first try? I haven't used any cheats, mods or trainers and I don't see why some people find this (or other flying missions) too hard. I found other missions to be much harder like ones where you have to kill many enemies that carry powerful weapons and can kill you even if you have maximum health (176 health for those who don't know the max health value in SA) and 150 armor. Two missions that were annoying for me were Body Harvest and You've had your Chips (both missions passed in second try, first try I got wasted, in Body Harvest I had only 100 armor because I haven't done vigilante yet but I still had max health bar from completing paramedic). So, for me the most annoying mission failure is if you simply get killed by the enemies, even though you have max health and armor before you start mission.

But by far the most annoying thing that has to happen to you is not if you simply fail on a mission but if you manage to complete a mission and somehow you get wasted or busted on the way to the safe house (nearly happened to me after I finished Pier 69, I had low health left because of damn 5-star wanted level).

• Kamd likes this

Username.gta
  • Username.gta

[Formerly Gary-X]

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:16 PM

^ I find Freefall quite easy too, the only flying mission I dislike is Vertical Bird using keyboard controls. I also find it quite annoying when you are busted or wasted post-mission.

khsh97
  • khsh97

Team Bring It

• Members
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [SA Mission Help]

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:05 AM Edited by khsh97, 12 May 2014 - 10:08 AM.

Freefall is quite easy. I did it on my second try because in my first try i entered the shamal, killed the guards and pilot and when i was about to land shamal i accidently hit the wall of airport and the shamal got explode and cj got wasted.

Snail trail and photo opportunity are not harder missions. I did them in first try. In snail trail when you kill the reporter and pass the mission then you have to go back to doherty, san feirro which is boring.

KBG
  • KBG

8-bit.

• Members
  • India

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:35 PM

Photo Opportunity. Seriously. All that long driving and by chance exploding your vehicle or getting it flipped. x-|

GTAGuy1995
  • GTAGuy1995

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:11 PM

Another mission I remember annoying was Toreno's Last Flight as I got wasted on first attempt by those guards but that was my fault for starting mission without armor. :/

I also did Snail Trail & Photo Opportunity on first try, they were easy missions. Vertical Bird was OK but was a bit annoying at part with taking down the other planes as I didn't realize I had to press LCTRL to shoot homing missiles, I kept pressing the normal shoot button which launched slow missiles. Good thing is that I completed that mission in first try and it was also my last mission completed. Now I'm on my way to complete the final 7 missions. Wish me luck! :colgate:

KBG
  • KBG

8-bit.

• Members
  • India

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:14 PM

Photo Opportunity ain't hard. Just long and boring. And so does Snail Trail.

GTAGuy1995
  • GTAGuy1995

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:16 PM

I know, I just forgot to mention they were boring and that's why I save the game as close as possible after completing any mission.

• KBG and Kamd like this

KBG
  • KBG

8-bit.

• Members
  • India

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:34 PM

Actually the beta Photo Opportunity mission had the player to pilot a helicopter to Angel Pine. But this was cancelled due to the fact that people will try to access the locked areas using the heli. So this was changed to a vehicle instead.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:49 PM

That doesn't make sense, as you can access the Maverick anyway. I use it to get to Cesar when i do the mission.

KBG
  • KBG

8-bit.

• Members
  • India

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:11 PM

Its written here. See for yourself- http://gta.wikia.com/Photo_Opportunity

In Trivia its written- 

• Originally this mission was very different. the player was originally tasked with stealing a helicopter to meet Cesar, and the photos would also have been taken from the helicopter. This was most likely removed when the decision was made to include the flying school at a later point in the game and give the mission a more espionage approach. Also, this is the reason why Carl is shouting very loudly his comments about Ryder and Jizzy B.
  • GTAGuy1995 likes this

Jioyt 123
  • Jioyt 123

I just don't know what went wrong!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:45 PM Edited by Jioyt 123, 14 May 2014 - 05:58 PM.

My most annoying mission faliure was the last driving school mission trying to get gold. Id get so close to the end with about enough time to finish, but every time i get really confident and id speed over there and crash.

Also i have to say the flight school mission where you have to destroy the three trucks on the runway and the the two moving cars. For about 10 times till i realised, if your helecipter hits the ground its over.

Both are so annoying.
P.s: i havnt completed driving school because id ALLWAYS mess up that last mission some how.( generally because i go for gold or go for nothing, you can tell hiw that went)

GTAGuy1995
  • GTAGuy1995

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:59 PM

I second the Driving School's City Slicking test. That made me rage so hard when I played it, I mean really, most of times I crashed into a damn taxi near the finish or just barely touch a vehicle and get 99% score. The tests themselves are not that hard to get the minimum requirement (I think it's 70% to get bronze medal) but what's really hard is getting gold medal on certain tests.

Spadge007
  • Spadge007

Low-rider

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:43 AM

Last mission was awesome, not to easy, but not to hard. I did it 1st try.

However those missions which involved long drives and then failed, long live the quicksave ...

GTAGuy1995
  • GTAGuy1995

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:22 PM Edited by GTAGuy1995, 17 May 2014 - 03:22 PM.

I also did the final mission in first try, it was pretty easy compared to other missions, thanks to the Minigun that was available after Vertical Bird mission and to all upgrades I acquired earlier in game. Big Smoke died in a single second. :lol:

Spadge007
  • Spadge007

Low-rider

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:23 AM

I also did the final mission in first try, it was pretty easy compared to other missions, thanks to the Minigun that was available after Vertical Bird mission and to all upgrades I acquired earlier in game. Big Smoke died in a single second. :lol:

I only use such weapons for rampage on the city, imo it spoils the fun, no difficulty at all ^^

AdusPL
  • AdusPL

GTA III Dark Edition

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:19 AM Edited by AdusPL, 18 May 2014 - 10:20 AM.

I remember, when I had problem with Just Business. And with driving school. Flying school was very easy, because I was playing on notebook. :p
I also remember during Photo Opportunity, I wrecked Cesar's car.

Jioyt 123
  • Jioyt 123

I just don't know what went wrong!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:36 PM

Not really a mission, but trying to get to hidden interiors in the diffrent interior universes and missing it by as much as jumping length whilst parachuting. I say parachuting cos this guy on youtube, the123robot does a hidden i teriors guide and he uses the parachute. Watch from episode 6 on his guide and youl know what i mean

DanRO
  • DanRO

Don`t do drugs kids

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:37 AM

My most annoying mission was Up,Up and Away !..It was hard enough to kill that soldiers,but also had to destroy the 2 planes and then take the other plane and the boring part with the van,I failed that mission everytime I tried without cheats,I had to use the ``ohdude`` to finish it >_<

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:43 AM

"Most annoying" would be fuel going empty while nearing the red marker during Supply Lines. The second "most annoying" is the RC plane being destroyed by the couriers.

The funniest is when I destroyed the helicopter with the dossier inside during Misappropriation.

Deus Ex
  • Deus Ex

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:36 AM

Freaking Free Fall. God...that one is such a pain in the arse...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users