Most annoying mission failure

274 replies to this topic
Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 11 May 2009 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE (galuska @ May 10 2009, 10:55)
OK, new entry to the most annoying mission failiure...

1. cop wheels mission
2. 3 bikes delivered to packer
3. 1 (!) star wanted rating
4. a cop car falls from the sky
5. I hit it, fall from the bike
6. busted

biggrin.gif Nice

I did one recently where I was messing about a bit too much and taking it easy. I didn't leave enough time to deliver the last bike to the Packer. I was about 10 yards short when the timer ran out and the Packer leapt into the air and came down sideways across the road. notify.gif

It was my own fault though so I count it as an odd effect rather than as an annoying failure

Steve

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 May 2009 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE (galuska @ May 10 2009, 10:55)
OK, new entry to the most annoying mission failiure...

1. cop wheels mission
2. 3 bikes delivered to packer
3. 1 (!) star wanted rating
4. a cop car falls from the sky
5. I hit it, fall from the bike
6. busted

I hear that. Even though SA is my favorite GTA, it does have a lot of missions that drive you nuts.

Gta_Sailer
  • Gta_Sailer

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:19 AM

QUOTE (Dragonex100 @ May 7 2009, 04:23)
QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Apr 29 2009, 21:53)

Also Photo Opportunity when I'm near Angel Pine and suddenly the car rolls over.

Same i always hated that

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Homie

• Members

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:24 PM

The two Badlands driving races('Wu Zi Mu' and 'Farewell My Love') can be a pain in the butt. Racing and flying aren't my strong suits.

PHRobertson
  • PHRobertson

Aspiring Author

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:46 PM

Zero's first two missions are my least favourite, particularly the second, because the plane is both very easily destroyed and has far too little fuel. Zero's "nooooooo!" when the plane runs out of fuel and gets destroyed is so f*cking annoying - it's a single model plane, for f*ck sake! You own a shop full of the bloody things! (Well, technically, CJ owns it, but still...)

metafox
  • metafox

Hellfire Club VIP

• Members

Posted 18 May 2009 - 10:31 AM

For me, it will definitely be Driving school.

d.nivatkar
  • d.nivatkar

Call me Devang

• Members

Posted 18 May 2009 - 05:19 PM

Photo Opportunity can be irritating, if the Savannah flips

But the award here goes to the time I completed Jizzy, TBone Mendez, Mike Toreno, Zero strand, Lure and Mountain cloud boys on the trot (without saving), started Outrider, some damn mosquito tries to bite me (me i.e Devang), my hand gets jerked, my Washington falls into the water, I swim up in Easter Bay Naval Base, the Feds cap me before I comprehend whats happened and I instinctively reload angry.gif

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:05 PM

did you know you can save by walking into the diskette and clicking "save" in your safehouse wink.gif

PHRobertson
  • PHRobertson

Aspiring Author

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 19 May 2009 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE (Vercetti27 @ May 18 2009, 19:05)
did you know you can save by walking into the diskette and clicking "save" in your safehouse wink.gif

I think that's what most people would call "grinding salt into the wound".

Benjimino234
  • Benjimino234

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧

• Members

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:53 AM

City Slicking is a real pain... angry.gif angry.gif
  • Jioyt 123 and Kamd like this

d.nivatkar
  • d.nivatkar

Call me Devang

• Members

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:11 AM

Yeah ... since then I save even after the first strand missions like Ryder, Drive-thru etc biggrin.gif

GTA-INRV8R
  • GTA-INRV8R

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:50 AM

Mine wolud b Where madd doggg jumps off da roof
i cnt do it he jump 2 fast... mad.gif

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE (GTA-INRV8R @ May 24 2009, 14:20)

That's a glitch. Did you use the 'Peds attack each other' or the 'Riot' cheat? You shouldn't save your game after using those cheats. On PS2 and Xbox, there is no known solution other than starting a new game. If you're on PC, you can use hmvartak's online glitch repair tool.

Ray Carter
  • Ray Carter

Lawman

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:10 AM

Oh, I have the Perfect One!
Let me know if this happened to you..

It was During OG-Loc , Chasing Freddie down..

I was in Los Flores, Driving behind The Pig Pen, when Freddie rammed his Bike into another Car. Now, because the Mission is to Chase Freddie, not kill him, His Bike is Indestructable, as is he. So, He PLOUGHS the Car out the way with his Bike lol and spins the Car into my Path and knocks me off the Bike, He gets away and I Fail..
  • Kamd likes this

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 24 May 2009 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (Terminator-UK @ May 24 2009, 15:40)
Now, because the Mission is to Chase Freddie, not kill him, His Bike is Indestructable, as is he.

Not really. You can do a drive-by on him and kill him before he reaches his destination. I always manage to blow him up before or on the Mulholland intersection.

Claude3Guy
  • Claude3Guy

Gta III Freak

• Members

Posted 24 May 2009 - 01:39 PM

Most annoying missions was:

Photo Opportunity - I was in San Fierro, coming to get Cesar. I taked him and Driving in that Big road from LS to Angel Pine, i truck hitted me, what maked my car hit more 2 trucks and make the car catch on fire. Annoying.

Snail Trail: When i was following the guy you should kill (I was with 1/4 of life) Ballas shooted me and i Died.

WolfMasterZero
  • WolfMasterZero

Person

• Members

Posted 24 May 2009 - 01:50 PM

I had problems with Photo Oportunity as well...

1 - My car flipped.
2 - Took photo of Jizzy's back.

And on end of the line I almost arrived at Ganton but then a truck came and flipped me...Yes, during Tenpenny's chase...

cloney
  • cloney

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 May 2009 - 06:02 AM

QUOTE (McLovin2404 @ May 7 2009, 05:28)
I hate flying those remote control planes where you had to shoot those delivery vans. Its the mission you do with that geek. I can't remember his name. But I think I got the hang of it now

it's zero or something confused.gif

Jessica NCT
  • Jessica NCT

Irish gangbanger

• Members

Posted 31 May 2009 - 12:32 PM

During Management Issues:

Attempts 1, 2 and 3 - Fail to get the limo back by 10pm.
Attempts 4 and 5 - End up getting hit coming out of the Pay 'N' Spray, resulting in me having to go back in almost immediately.
Attempt 6 - As above, but the Pay 'N' Spray owner ignores the car.
Attempt 7 - Manage to get to the rest of the limos by 9.59 - but end up facing the wrong way. lol.gif
Attempt 8 - Finally manage to pass it.

It also took me something like 7 attempts at Fender Ketchup - one when the bloke was killed after being shunted from in front by a Gardai* car, and another one where a car came from a side road STRAIGHT into my path and killed the guy.

During Explosive Situation:

Attempt 1 - Fail to get the dynamite on time.
Attempt 2 - Get the dynamite on time, but end up getting both bikes blown up.
Attempt 3 - Get up to the top of the quarry, but then get killed when trying to escape.
Attempt 4 - Get out of the quarry with the bike smoking, end up getting rear-ended by a lorry and get blown up.
Attempt 5 - Finally manage to get the dynamite to the drop-off point.

* - I've always referred to the police as the Gardai. Largely 'cos that's what they're called in Ireland.

gtathebest4ever
  • gtathebest4ever

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 31 May 2009 - 01:33 PM

i'm sure i'm the hundredth person saying zero's red plane mission (forgot the name), but it was really annoying. it wasn't that hard on ps2, but one of the first times i tried it, the plane ran out of fuel just FEET away from the building you're supposed to land on.

jakartahomie
  • jakartahomie

гордимся и

• Members

Posted 31 May 2009 - 11:19 PM

supply line,

on first try, i've shoot down all the berkeley's courier, but when i almost landing on zero's roof, the fuel is running out empty. . thats sucks. . suicidal.gif

Riding like Rider
  • Riding like Rider

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 June 2009 - 12:14 AM

on the catalina missions, i would complete the mission part, but while going back to the hide out, i'd always loose control of the car or accidentally kill catalina... so glad i'm done with the country part of the game... i suck driving in the country!

BBoldt
  • BBoldt

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 June 2009 - 04:30 AM

Ok, I got a funny ass one, I was doing the OG Loc Mission where you chase Freddy, and when I was driving on the freeway, a car cut me off and I bumped the edge wall of the freeway & Og Loc Flew off the bike, off the freeway, over a few buildings, and on to the floor, and the whole time he was in the position of a person who is flat on the ground, Im not gonna lie, that made me laugh so much I almost cried lol.gif
I had to go down and get him from the ground level, [yes he lived after falling 50-75 feet]
And when I finally Caught Up to Freddy with Og Loc, I killed freddy and on the way taking Og Loc to his work at the Burger Shot he got ran over by a crazy driver....

lol that is like the funniest fail ive had on a mission, I only wish I had recorded it mercie_blink.gif
  • Kamd likes this

gta007
  • gta007

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 June 2009 - 04:41 AM

QUOTE (Ghett0 @ May 9 2009, 20:09)
If N.O.E is the mission where you have to fly a package to (blueberry?) and stay at a really low altitude, dear jesus I am right there with you. I hate that mission.

i love that mission because of the hydra jets part

Riding like Rider
  • Riding like Rider

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE (GTA-INRV8R @ May 24 2009, 08:50)

you used cheats in your game, huh?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 01 June 2009 - 04:05 PM Edited by lil weasel, 01 June 2009 - 10:38 PM.

QUOTE (gta007 @ Jun 1 2009, 04:41)

i love that mission because of the hydra jets part

tounge2.gif ??? What Hydra Jet Part??? lol.gif

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Jun 1 2009, 18:55)

If you fly above the radar until the bar fills then a Hydra will come after you and try to shoot you down. To avoid it you have to fly low for a while again until it loses you. In case you didn't know it..

Right... I forgot that, I only had it happen in my first game play, years ago.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Jun 1 2009, 18:05)
tounge2.gif ??? What Hydra Jet Part??? lol.gif

If you fly above the radar until the bar fills then a Hydra will come after you and try to shoot you down. To avoid it you have to fly low for a while again until it loses you. In case you didn't know it...

nerner
  • nerner

OG

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (GTA-INRV8R @ May 24 2009, 09:50)

And that is why you should never save with the peds riot cheat enabled kids... biggrin.gif

Mikker
  • Mikker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:04 PM

Wrong Side of the Tracks for one.
Smoke can't shoot. Seriously. He's like a blindman, or just mentally challenged. Keeps shooting the freaking side of the train.

Management Issues, for two(guess it was called that)
Man. I wasted about an hour to an hour-and-a-half doing this one. I constantly crashed my vechicle while trying to park inbetween the two other ones. Then had to race back to Pay'n'spray. And once i was backing out of it. Some motherlover crashed in to me.

Stowaway, for three.
Jesus christ those FREAKING BARRELS!!!!(all i've got to say on this one)

Can't remember any more right now.

Jessica NCT
  • Jessica NCT

Irish gangbanger

• Members

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (Mikker @ Jun 2 2009, 17:04)
Wrong Side of the Tracks for one.
Smoke can't shoot. Seriously. He's like a blindman, or just mentally challenged. Keeps shooting the freaking side of the train.

God - I forgot about that one. I spent something like two hours doing it, and all because Smoke's a worse shot than I am (and I've never shot a gun lol.gif ).

Another annoying one is Local Liquor Store - but it's more annoying because of Catalina rather than the actual mission. It's surely no coincidence that, whilst I failed to do it with Catalina on board, I was able to do it first time after getting rid of her. (It's possible that it's because I f***ing hate back seat drivers.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users