» «
Photo

Special Vehicles

25 replies to this topic
Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:27 AM Edited by Reconite, 26 June 2009 - 02:07 PM.

[WARNING] I haven't covered this topic in spoiler guards because the whole thing is full of spoilers, so I don't want any idiots telling me I ruined the storyline for them. Stop here now or be at your own risk. [WARNING]

First of all there is chan's banshee which has a rear spoiler and unique colours. You can obtain this vehicle only once at the end of the mission - Clear the Pier, where you have to chase chan down and kill him, if you damage the car a lot without completely wrecking it. Chan will jump out and you can finish the mission and take it back to your garage. You cannot obtain this in replay missions because the mission ends after you kill chan. Try not to hit anything on your way back to your garage because the car will be on the verge of explosion, and if you really want this car turn off Autosave because if you complete the mission, get the car and accidentally blow it up you can restart from before the mission and try again.

There are two more in the Wade Heston mission Torpedo run they are both boats though and cannot be saved. The first one is the Destroyer armed with torpedoes.The second one is the boat that you have to blow up. Blow it up then it tells you one has already offloaded it's cargo. Head to the Jetty and see it sitting there. Take it for a ride, It's really slow and kinda resembles the Tug Boat from GTA IV but a lot smaller, and is called a Zhouboat. Although the one you have to destroy is capable of dropping mines, you can't drop mines once you're in one.

EDIT: I'm going to start listing them by editing this post.
  • Chan's Banshee - Clear the Pier
  • Heston's Black Admiral - Evidence Dash
  • IAD Cognoscenti with Siren - Evidence Dash
  • Scrambler Burrito - Scrambled, found out that this is not a Burrito but a Gumshoe http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=410503
  • Black Admiral with Siren - Raw Deal
  • Destroyer [Boat] - Torpedo Run
  • Zhouboat [Boat] - Torpedo Run
  • Salvage Reefer [Boat] - So near, yet Sonar
  • Cruiser [Boat] - Salt in the Wound - Also found here http://snapmap.wikig...tion&set=99,610
  • Ammunation Yankee - Faster than normal Yankee.
  • Gang Drug Burrito Vans - Can perform burnouts and are a little faster than normal ones.
  • Purple & White Triad Admirals - Can perform burnouts while normal Admirals can't.
  • Russian Mafia Cavalcade FXT - Can perform burnouts and is faster than normal, also looks
  • different than normal ones, with Neon lights on the bottom and lights on the roof.
  • Coast Guard Launch [Boat] - The Coast Guard Launch only has one set location http://snapmap.wikig...ion&set=286,675
  • BP Cabbie - 15 Taxi fares in a row.
  • BP Patriot - Unknown how to unlock.
  • BP Infernus - Amazon preorder Bonus
  • BP Hellenbach - Link with Social club between may 1st & 8th. Sorry guys, this has ended!
  • Thanks to GTA_Loco for his topic for "DP/BP/EP/FP Duke?"
    Here!
  • Thanks again GTA_Loco for "Bulletproof Comet and Minigun with infinite ammo"
    Here!
Post about any more special vehicles you might have found! biggrin.gif
Thanks to everyone who has contributed. turn.gif

KEY:
  • BP = Bulletproof
  • FP = Fireproof
  • DP = Damage Proof
  • EP = Everything Proof

Grouch79
  • Grouch79

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:03 PM

nice find colgate.gif icon14.gif
i would love to have Chan's Banshee in my garage, but unfortunately i already finished the game anuj_cop.gif
it is not possible to get it through time trial, is it?

Upaluppa
  • Upaluppa

Warlock

• Members

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:05 PM

Nice, that`s interesting !
Too bad I`ve already finished the storyline tough...

I really don`t feel like replaying the whole storyline again just to get Chans car. confused.gif

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:15 PM

Dunno if you can get it in time trial but you might try.

Upaluppa
  • Upaluppa

Warlock

• Members

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (Reconite @ Apr 29 2009, 12:15)
Dunno if you can get it in time trial but you might try.

Maybe it`s possible if you damage the car enough to make Chan leave it and drive it to a nearby garage before you kill Chan !

I think I`ll give it a try !

The problem is that the mission probably fails if Chan is too far away from you, so I have to check if there`s a garage nearby I can get to without moving too far away from him...

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:56 PM Edited by Reconite, 23 June 2009 - 12:29 PM.

I found a few more Wade Heston's Car is a Black Admiral, unique because whenever you respray it it's always black, can be found in the Wade Heston mission "Evidence Dash" and also in that mission there are IAD Cognoscenti's with red flashing lights on their roofs. And in the Wade Heston mission "Scrambled" the Scrambler Burrito Vans are driving around, there might be a way to steal them.

Upaluppa
  • Upaluppa

Warlock

• Members

Posted 29 April 2009 - 03:25 PM

Nice !
I like collecting special vehicles in GTA !
It`s always good for a challenge ! (And to show to your friends who wonder how you got them) smile.gif

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:40 PM

I can confirm that the Destroyers don't come at any amount of wanted level. There is only one and it's on the mission torpedo run. turn.gif

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 30 April 2009 - 04:34 AM

These are the following vehicles I've gotten:

Purple & Red Striped Banshee (Clear The Pier)
White Bucaneer (Yu Jian)
Black Admiral (Oversights)

I've tried to get that undercover police vehicle from the end of Raw Deal since it was actually able to drive around once the cutscene finishes. I've tried to steal the vehicle but the door was locked even though I've been able to make the driver exit his vehicle. So I tried pushing it to the nearest garage and the freakin' door wouldn't open. However, I was able to get it in, unfortunately a quarter of it got stuck once the door closed. So I went inside my safehouse and went back out and it's gone.

I've also tried taking those undercover Cognoscenti police vehicles from Evidence Dash but once I've put them in the garage, the sirens was gone.

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:37 AM Edited by Reconite, 30 April 2009 - 08:18 AM.

QUOTE (MC_320 @ Apr 30 2009, 04:34)
These are the following vehicles I've gotten:

Purple & Red Striped Banshee (Clear The Pier)
White Bucaneer (Yu Jian)
Black Admiral (Oversights)

I've tried to get that undercover police vehicle from the end of Raw Deal since it was actually able to drive around once the cutscene finishes. I've tried to steal the vehicle but the door was locked even though I've been able to make the driver exit his vehicle. So I tried pushing it to the nearest garage and the freakin' door wouldn't open. However, I was able to get it in, unfortunately a quarter of it got stuck once the door closed. So I went inside my safehouse and went back out and it's gone.

I've also tried taking those undercover Cognoscenti police vehicles from Evidence Dash but once I've put them in the garage, the sirens was gone.

Nice work MC_320, but i'm not sure if the white buccaneer from the first mission is that special, I see them on roads all the time, And does the black admiral from Oversights have the same pay 'n' spray feature as Heston's? Good job getting Chan's Banshee though. And the thing about the IAD Cognoscenti, I haven't ever got it to a garage myself so I didn't know, but maybe the flashing light replaces the cars horn like on a cop car or NOOSE Van.

Oh yeah, I remembered another - The Salvage Reefer from Zhou's Mission: So near, yet Sonar. Theres something wierd about the Salvage Reefer, when you are in it there is no music, yet the radio station is set to Truth + Soul and is not off.

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:29 AM

I wish this game had some or a few everything proof vehicles such as for example the DP/BP/FP/EP Admiral from GTA: Vice City. These are the only bullet proof vehicles I know:

BP Cabbie (From doing 15 fares in a row)
BP Infernus (From Amazon code)
BP Patriot (Auto Merchant but unknown on how to get it)
BP Hellenbach (Ready for download on May 1st)

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 01 May 2009 - 07:39 AM

QUOTE (MC_320 @ May 1 2009, 00:29)
I wish this game had some or a few everything proof vehicles such as for example the DP/BP/FP/EP Admiral from GTA: Vice City. These are the only bullet proof vehicles I know:

BP Cabbie (From doing 15 fares in a row)
BP Infernus (From Amazon code)
BP Patriot (Auto Merchant but unknown on how to get it)
BP Hellenbach (Ready for download on May 1st)

I have BP Taxi and BP Hellenbach, I ordered from play.com for the same price it was on Amazon because I didn't know about BP Infernus... sad.gif

Nevertheless im gonna add the BP vehicles to the list.

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 04 May 2009 - 05:07 AM

The black Admiral was from Oversights where you have to protect Rudy.

Razor792
  • Razor792

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 May 2009 - 06:16 AM

nice ounds good

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 04 May 2009 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE (MC_320 @ Apr 30 2009, 04:34)
So I tried pushing it to the nearest garage and the freakin' door wouldn't open.

It's kind of frustrating that the garages are chevron activated, and the darn thing wouldn't open the door of the garage for two vehicles within the activation area.

So many features in the game aside from the garages were modified that makes it really difificult to resort to some of the exploits we've known when obtaining some of the special vehicles.

1) Destroyed cars outside of the garage disappears within seconds after it is charred.
2) Beaches were elevated making it difficult to dunk the car into the water and retrieve it later.
3) Vehicles goes quickly underwater once it makes a contact on the water.
4) Garage chevron is the worst thing that R* has thought of for operating a garage's door.
5) Cars are almost always locked.
6) You can't use the character's body for pushing.
7) Mission assigned vehicles can't be parked in the garage while the mission is on.

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 07 May 2009 - 05:01 PM Edited by Reconite, 07 May 2009 - 07:56 PM.

A few more.

Ammunation Yankees are considerably faster than normal Yankees.

Gang's Drug Burrito Vans can perform burnouts and are a little bit faster than normal. Whereas normal Burrito's cannot perform burnouts and are a little slower.

And the boat from the Wade Heston mission 'Salt in the wound'. It's called a cruiser, except Wade drives the boat and you do not get to. There is one place to find this boat out of missions though.
http://snapmap.wikig...tion&set=99,610

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:29 PM

Yeah I was wondering why those Gang Burritos perform burnouts but I didn't check the other normal Burritos. I also noticed that the parked Triad Admirals perform burnouts while the normal ones don't. Nice find on the boat though. I'm gonna check that out.

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:23 PM Edited by Reconite, 23 June 2009 - 12:30 PM.

Recived news on a certain Bulletproof Comet glitch from the Salt in the Wound mission.

Here, thanks to GTA_Loco!

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:33 PM

This topic should be pinned smile.gif

Good job Reconite icon14.gif

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE (GTA_Loco @ Jun 23 2009, 12:33)
This topic should be pinned smile.gif

Good job Reconite icon14.gif

Thank you very much! biggrin.gif

angadmishr
  • angadmishr

OG Don'tEvaMessWithMe

• Members

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE (Reconite @ Apr 29 2009, 11:27)
•BP Patriot - Unknown how to unlock.

ya hav to log on to social club, make 5 pancakes in pecking duck hunt an ten sync the game to obtain the bp patriot for bobabo auto garage. it costs $10,000 (same as the rhino )

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (angadmishr @ Dec 30 2009, 08:14)
QUOTE (Reconite @ Apr 29 2009, 11:27)
•BP Patriot - Unknown how to unlock.

ya hav to log on to social club, make 5 pancakes in pecking duck hunt an ten sync the game to obtain the bp patriot for bobabo auto garage. it costs $10,000 (same as the rhino )

Doesn't happen though with other people, so there's actually some confusion on this.

deadlyxin
  • deadlyxin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 January 2010 - 12:03 PM

about that BP PATRIOT

your Rockstar Social Club account birthday info should have you as over 18 years of age

biggrin.gif

btw, does anyone have a 100% savefile ready for download for the PSP US version of this game? thanks... smile.gif

RICHM7
  • RICHM7

Ghost Of Death

• Members

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:26 AM

i havent gotten to the end of the story but yesssss baby. finally chan is going to die. i always hated that guy so much especially his father he gets into my nerves also chan too

PS: im playing the game on psp

MP5
  • MP5

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:00 PM

Here are images of some of the gang Burrito I've identified. These ones appear during "Excess Delivery":
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
(Left to right) Jamaican, Mob (?), Irish American, and Spanish Lord.

There must be more, but how many more variants of the gang Burrito are there?

Also, I found this "racing" Comet (in BOABO, I think):
user posted image

Siren_Cognoscenti
  • Siren_Cognoscenti

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:52 AM

If any of you have a picture of a Siren Cognoscenti in HQ, it would be greatly appreciated! anuj_cop.gif

Thanks!

Rare vehicle also:

Waste Truck, it spawns in Varsity Height LCPD station, primary attack is shoot waste. Same as firetruck.

NOTE: You might not always get it. It was a random chance. I only used it once, cannot be put in garage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users