Grand Theft Auto Las Venturas

362 replies to this topic
Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:00 AM

I like it Tyla! Good work. icon14.gif I'll create a detailed list tomorrow. smile.gif

Epicohnoes!
  • Epicohnoes!

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:36 AM Edited by Epicohnoes!, 04 May 2009 - 02:41 AM.

I like the idea, but I don't think a 1970's setting would work. I mean, the 70's had great music and all, but most teenagers (One of R*'s target audiences) don't listen to the Bee Gee's or the B-52's. Most teens listen to rap, pop, punk, and/or metal. Rap, punk, and metal were not really "big" in the 70's (Well rap anyways). The 70's had disco and classic rock. If there's no rap, metal, or even punk, a whole target audience would be at risk.

Here's another thing. At the time of 2002, many young adults had grown up in the 80's, so they could relate to Vice City's time and understand the cultural jokes. Now, see, the problem is, as we're approaching the 2010's, the 70's are now almost 40 years ago. Not a lot of adults play video games, especially violent ones, as the kids might see them and join in.

One more issue, looking past the whole idea of culture is cell phones. There were no cell phones in the 1970's. Well, except bag phones, but the main character would have to lug a huge bag around at all times, and even worse, have to dial all the numbers because the whole idea of "contacts" hadn't come around yet. You could have a pay phone ringing, but that would be highly unrealistic as any ped could answer and find out about mafia business going down on the Camel's Toe. Anyways, a 1970's GTA would just be a step back for R*, and many features introduced in IV, like the internet and cell phones, would have to be removed.

Overall, Venturas could work, just not in the 70's, maybe for a portable game, but not on a console.

Also, skaters are more of a high school clique than a gang. Let's not get into Bully territory now!

streetthug
  • streetthug

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 May 2009 - 03:09 AM

Skaters? Those kind of pipz are not a threat in our society.
Just bunch of Kids having fun. right?

But Las Venturas is a good one. how about some Cabaret clubs
and boxing.
If boxing it would be great to have it in the present time or maybe between
2002 to 2005?

crashsilumator234
  • crashsilumator234

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 03:39 AM

QUOTE (Epicohnoes! @ May 4 2009, 02:36)
I like the idea, but I don't think a 1970's setting would work. I mean, the 70's had great music and all, but most teenagers (One of R*'s target audiences) don't listen to the Bee Gee's or the B-52's. Most teens listen to rap, pop, punk, and/or metal. Rap, punk, and metal were not really "big" in the 70's (Well rap anyways). The 70's had disco and classic rock. If there's no rap, metal, or even punk, a whole target audience would be at risk.

Here's another thing. At the time of 2002, many young adults had grown up in the 80's, so they could relate to Vice City's time and understand the cultural jokes. Now, see, the problem is, as we're approaching the 2010's, the 70's are now almost 40 years ago. Not a lot of adults play video games, especially violent ones, as the kids might see them and join in.

One more issue, looking past the whole idea of culture is cell phones. There were no cell phones in the 1970's. Well, except bag phones, but the main character would have to lug a huge bag around at all times, and even worse, have to dial all the numbers because the whole idea of "contacts" hadn't come around yet. You could have a pay phone ringing, but that would be highly unrealistic as any ped could answer and find out about mafia business going down on the Camel's Toe. Anyways, a 1970's GTA would just be a step back for R*, and many features introduced in IV, like the internet and cell phones, would have to be removed.

Overall, Venturas could work, just not in the 70's, maybe for a portable game, but not on a console.

Also, skaters are more of a high school clique than a gang. Let's not get into Bully territory now!

i agree with you in that

2010 would be great very great, besides Driver Parallel Lines is ENOUGH TO SASTIFY SOMEONE WITH THE 70s, i do not want to play another game based in the 70s, we want atleast from 1995 & 1997 (Los Angeles Bank Robberies) or 2008-2011 (Gang Wars)

General Goose
  • General Goose

Because Jeb Bush is all in my house with disease.

• Members

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:17 AM

To those criticising the time:

Your arguments revolve around three minor reasons:

1. The cultural references. Sure, it's unfortunate, but listen: many teens who weren't alive in the 80's still found VC great, and some even understood a few of the references despite only being a sperm and an egg back then.

2. The music. Oh, no rap, boohoo. Punk and metal were, to my knowledge, around in the 70's, and just because an era didn't have rap doesn't mean it's a bad GTA location. And anyway, a lot of teenagers can live without rap in a GTA game. And two more words: custom soundtracks.

3. GTA can survive without cell phones. Heck, it can survive without phones.

"We want atleast"

You may want it, doesn't mean everyone else wants it.

"Driver Parallel Lines is enough to satisfy someone with the 70's"

F*** no. R* could handle it way better, and they are different games. It's like saying "The Getaway was set in London, so GTA London will be crap."

And crashsilumator, I can't help feeling you're just pissed because your cars weren't around at the time.

radicell
  • radicell

Arsenal Fan

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:51 AM

This looks damn fine! I assume this is in the GTA IV canon, right?

It'd be sweet if you could make a map, similar to those from GTA games, of Las Venturas County. turn.gif

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

The Droogs, Finally real rapists on the scene.

• Members

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:13 AM

Muscle cars should play a big part imo.
Ford Mustang - If you have seen Diamonds are forever you will fully understand why this car would be a prominent figure in the game.

1974 Ford capri inlove.gif
1970 Buic GSX Stage 1 Hardtop Coupe Could be the ingame version of the Sabre GT?

Sedans
This Mercedes Benz 6.3 sedan

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE (Epicohnoes! @ May 4 2009, 03:36)

You do realize that both metal and punk existed in 1977, right? Infact, 1977 was the year punk rock hit the mainstream, with bands like The Clash, The Ramones, The Damned and The Sex Pistols coming forward and paving the way for other bands to follow.

Metal may well have been different back then to what it is now - but that still doesn't mean it didn't exist. We had Glam Metal - the predecessor to most modern forms of Heavy Metal. With bands like New York Dolls, T.Rex, Gary Glitter, Kiss and Van Halen.

As for rap, so what? Vice City didn't include much rap that it still tops the charts as most people's favourite Grand Theft Auto game. There is still room for Dub, Blues, Soul and Funk - the early forms of Hip-Hop and Rap.

I don't care what most teens listen to - Grand Theft Auto is rated mature. That means it's mean for people 18 years of age and over. I'm only 19 years old and yet I'm the one who made this thread. That's got to say something, right?

I know plenty of adults who play Grand Theft Auto - as well as plenty of kids. None of those kids minded when they played Vice City; a game set ten years before most of them were born. I think you're just splitting hairs here. People don't refuse to watch a film set in the 1970's or read a book set in the 1970's do they? It's called nostalgia and retro.

One more issue, looking past the whole idea of culture is cell phones. There were no cell phones in the 1970's. Well, except bag phones, but the main character would have to lug a huge bag around at all times, and even worse, have to dial all the numbers because the whole idea of "contacts" hadn't come around yet. You could have a pay phone ringing, but that would be highly unrealistic as any ped could answer and find out about mafia business going down on the Camel's Toe.

Did you even read my first post? I mentioned that there would be various pay phones dotted around the county which you would be able to use to ring contacts. To save you having to manually dial each number there would be a contact book that appeared everytime you used the phone which would act as the phone menu from GTA IV.

As for ringing telephones not being realistic? So what! I don't think killing 200 people then avoiding the cops because you went to bed for six hours is very realistic either - infact, Grand Theft Auto in general isn't very realistic.

Anyways, a 1970's GTA would just be a step back for R*, and many features introduced in IV, like the internet and cell phones, would have to be removed.

The internet was only necessary during a few missions, after that it was just there for your entertainment. Would you really miss it that much? As for cell phones, I already covered that in my opening post, you just decided to ignore than.

Yes, it could. You're just oblivious to the fact and would rather huddle around your precious rap and cell phones moaning about how "no one will understand it!"

QUOTE (streetthug @ May 4 2009, 04:09)
But Las Venturas is a good one. how about some Cabaret clubs
and boxing.
If boxing it would be great to have it in the present time or maybe between
2002 to 2005?

Boxing is going to be added - as long as a few other fighting styles Johnny can learn through-out the course of the game. Both will have their pros and cons so it wont just be a case of learning one after the other; you'll have to choose which one to learn in order to fit your gaming style.

As for setting it in 2002-2005 - NO! I set this game in 1977 for a reason, if you're that upset by it then go somewhere else.

QUOTE (crashsilumator234 @ May 4 2009, 04:39)
2010 would be great very great, besides Driver Parallel Lines is ENOUGH TO SASTIFY SOMEONE WITH THE 70s, i do not want to play another game based in the 70s, we want atleast from 1995 & 1997 (Los Angeles Bank Robberies) or 2008-2011 (Gang Wars)

In your opinion, maybe. If that's the case then get lost and don't bother coming back. If Driver Parallel Lines is enough to satisfy you with the 70s, then I guess Saint's Row 2 is enough to satisfy you with the present. Guess that means you don't need to play a video game ever again - stop being an idiot and think before you post.

QUOTE (General Goose @ May 4 2009, 11:17)
<SNIP>d

Thank you! At least somebody talks some sense around here.

QUOTE (radicell @ May 4 2009, 11:51)
This looks damn fine! I assume this is in the GTA IV canon, right?

It'd be sweet if you could make a map, similar to those from GTA games, of Las Venturas County.  turn.gif

That it is, radicell, I'm planning on introducing a few characters from GTA IV - so keep your eyes peeled for them. wink.gif

As for the map - I wish I could. I'm not that talented at making maps and I'm still undecided as to whether or not to include some more villages/towns in the badlands.

QUOTE (Pr0xy_fl00d3r @ May 4 2009, 12:13)
Muscle cars should play a big part imo.
Ford Mustang - If you have seen Diamonds are forever you will fully understand why this car would be a prominent figure in the game.

1974 Ford capri  inlove.gif
1970 Buic GSX Stage 1 Hardtop Coupe Could be the ingame version of the Sabre GT?

Sedans
This Mercedes Benz 6.3 sedan

Thank you for the suggestions Pr0xy. Have you any ideas as to what cars they would represent in the Grand Theft Auto world?

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:11 PM Edited by sethpenguin, 04 May 2009 - 07:16 PM.

Why are people complaining about there being no rap/hip hop, I mean even though I love Rap/Hip hop I still wouldn't mind a GTA without rap/hip hop but there should be Funk/Disco to take it's place. Also even though I'm only 14 I still wouldn't mind a GTA set inthe 70's.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:44 PM

Here is how the vehicle list is shaping up so far:

Admiral: Mercedes SEL 6.9
Airtug:
Ambulance:
Annihilator:
Banshee: AC Cobra
Benson:
Biff:
Blista Compact:
Bobcat:
Boxville:
Buccaneer: '72 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Buffalo: Pontiac TransAm
Burrito:
Bus:
Cabby:
Cavalcade:
Cavalcade FXT:
Chavos:
Cognoscenti:
Comet: Ferrari 308
Contender:
Coquette: Corvette Stingray
DF8-90:
Dilettante:
Dinghy:
Dukes:
Emperor: '76 Lincoln Continental
Enforcer:
Esperanto:
Feltzer: '73 Mercedes-Benz SL
Habanero:
Hakumai:
Hellfury:
Huntley Sport:
Infernus: Lamborghini Countach
Ingot:
Intruder:
Jetmax:
Landstalker:
Lokus:
Manana: Cadillac Eldorado
Marbelle:
Marquis:
Maverick:
Merit: '77 Chevorlet Impala
Minivan:
Moonbeam:
Mr. Tasty:
Mule:
NRG 900:
Oracle:
PCJ-600:
PMP 600:
Packer:
Patriot:
Perennial:
Peyote:
Phantom:
Pinnacle:
Police Cruiser:
Police Maverick:
Police Patrol:
Police Stockade:
Predator:
Premier: '76 Cadillac Seville
Presidente:
Primo:
Rancher: '73 GMC Jimmy
Rebla:
Reefer:
Regina: '76 Ford Gran Torino Country Squire
Ripley:
Romero:
Ruiner:
Sabre: '77 Oldsmobile Cutlass
Sabre GT: '70 Buick GSX
Sanchez:
Schafter:
Securicar:
Sentinel: BMW 745
Solair:
Speedo:
Squalo:
Stallion: Ford Mustang
Steed:
Stratum:
Stretch:
Sultan:
Sultan RS:
Super GT:
Taxi:
Trashmaster:
Tropic:
Tug Boat:
Turismo:
Uranus:
Vigero:
Vincent:
Virgo:
Voodoo:
Washington:
Willard: '75 Volvo 244
Yankee:
Zombie:

Bullet: Ford GT40
Club: MK1 VW Golf
Elegy: Datsun 260Z
Flash: '77 Triumph TR7
Greenwood: '77 Dodge Monaco
Jester: '74 Plymouth Road Runner
Oceanic: '58 Plymouth Belvedere
Rhapsody: AMC Pacer
Rumpo: '74 Dodge B-200 Van
Tornado: '56 Cadillac Series 62
Uranus: '77 Ford Mustang II
Windsor: Jaguar XJS

Bug: VW Beetle
Goblin: AMC Gremlin

I'm always looking for more suggestions. smile.gif

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Go Bolts!!!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 05 May 2009 - 01:42 AM

Some of the cars could remain the same as in IV. Like the Dukes and the Voodoo

Others would need to be changed to reflect the times. Say changing the Patriot to a Jeep.

And some will be eliminated. Don't know how many import bikes (like the NRG-900) were around back then.

cookie.gif 's for you JF. You have more free time than I ever will. tounge.gif

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 05 May 2009 - 02:30 PM

I am LOVING the AM Lagonda idea! An amazing car in every way.

Unless the ever elusive Tampa turns out to be a spitting likeness (unlikely) of a Shelby GT 500, then this car should definately be included, called "Eleonor" for pop-cultural value, aswell as it's sheer awesomeness: -click-

Super GT: Aston V8 Vantage
-click-

Turismo: Maserati Kylami
-click-

Voodoo: Chevrolet Impala
-click-

Huntley: Range Rover
-click-

The Humvee didn't yet exist as far as I know in 1977, so no Patriot. There was the Lamborghini Cheetah: -click- but such a vehicle kinda treads on the BF injection's toes, which can return as a Meyers Manx: -click-
At any rate the Mesa should return as a Jeep CJ: -click-

Return of the Euros! inlove.gif This time as an actual European car, a REnault Alpine:-click-

The Stafford could return as a Rolls Royce Silver Shadow: -click- It would probably replace the Conoscenti.

DanManUtd
  • DanManUtd

Doesn't support United anymore

• Members

Posted 05 May 2009 - 03:01 PM

Turismo could be a Ferrari Daytona.

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

• Members

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:39 PM

Presidente

Classic luxury sedan car.
All of these seventies cars are a little over the top tounge.gif

Tyla
  • Tyla

The Dick Responsible

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Concept Story 2014
    Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:48 PM

'74 Dodge Colt/Mitsubishi Galant - A Lokus

'77 Dodge Diplomat - Looks like a Marbelle

(69-78) Chrysler Newport - Maybe a Primo

'57 Chrysler 300 - Maybe a PMP 300?

'77 Pontiac Sunbird - An Early Ruiner

'73 Pontiac Grand Prix - Maybe a Bravura?

'76 Oldsmobile Toronado - Esperanto

'59 Ford Thunderbird - Peyote

'76 Toyota Celica GT - Possibly a Blista Compact, or something similar? Maybe a Sultan/Sultan RS?

oldage
  • oldage

Boss

• Members

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:52 PM

You pumping all your power into this eh jacky? tounge.gif
Can't wait to see some IV characters pop up, great job so far, car list going good aswell icon14.gif

Dragonex100
  • Dragonex100

I run this town! Me!

• Members

Posted 05 May 2009 - 11:44 PM Edited by Dragonex100, 05 May 2009 - 11:51 PM.

The new Cavalcade: 1976 Cadillac Castilian
http://www.stationwa...tilian_back.jpg

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2009 - 12:44 AM

QUOTE (Dragonex100 @ May 6 2009, 00:44)
The new Cavalcade: 1976 Cadillac Castilian
http://www.stationwa...tilian_back.jpg

I'm not too sure about that being a Cavalcade, since it's not an SUV, though I think it would be perfect for an Romero/Hearse. I expect them to play a much bigger role in the storyline than before as one of the assets I was considering including is a Funeral Home which uses the incinerator to dispose of criminal evidence.

@Tyla & visionist: Thank you again for the suggestions, I'll add them too the list right now. This is how we're looking so far:

Admiral: Mercedes SEL 6.9
Airtug:
Ambulance:
Annihilator:
Banshee: AC Cobra
Benson:
Biff:
Blista Compact:
Bobcat:
Boxville:
Bravura: '73 Pontiac Gran Prix
Buccaneer: '72 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Buffalo: Pontiac TransAm
Burrito:
Bus:
Cabby:
Cavalcade:
Cavalcade FXT:
Chavos:
Cognoscenti:
Comet: Ferrari 308
Contender:
Coquette: Corvette Stingray
DF8-90:
Dilettante:
Dinghy:
Dukes:
Emperor: '76 Lincoln Continental
Enforcer:
Esperanto: '76 Oldsmobile Tornado
Feltzer: '73 Mercedes-Benz SL
Habanero:
Hakumai:
Hellfury:
Huntley Sport:
Infernus: Lamborghini Countach
Ingot:
Intruder:
Jetmax:
Landstalker:
Lokus: '74 Dodge Colt/Mitsubishi Galant
Manana: Cadillac Eldorado
Marbelle: '77 Dodge Diplomat
Marquis:
Maverick:
Merit: '77 Chevorlet Impala
Minivan:
Moonbeam:
Mr. Tasty:
Mule:
Oracle:

PMP 300: '57 Chrysler 300
Packer:
Patriot:
Perennial:
Peyote: '59 Ford Thunderbird
Phantom:
Pinnacle:
Police Cruiser:
Police Maverick:
Police Patrol:
Police Stockade:
Predator:
Premier: '76 Cadillac Seville
Presidente:
Primo: '68 Chrysler Newport
Rancher: '73 GMC Jimmy
Rebla:
Reefer:
Regina: '76 Ford Gran Torino Country Squire
Ripley:
Romero: '76 Cadillac Castilian
Ruiner: '77 Pontiac Sunbird
Sabre: '77 Oldsmobile Cutlass
Sabre GT: '70 Buick GSX
Sanchez:
Schafter:
Securicar:
Sentinel: BMW 745
Solair:
Speedo:
Squalo:
Stallion: Ford Mustang
Steed:
Stratum:
Stretch:
Sultan: '76 Toyota Celica ST Coupe
Sultan GT: '76 Toyota Celica GT
Super GT: Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Taxi:
Trashmaster:
Tropic:
Tug Boat:
Turismo: Maserati Kylami
Uranus:
Vigero:
Vincent:
Virgo:
Voodoo: Chevolet Impala
Washington:
Willard: '75 Volvo 244
Yankee:
Zombie:

Bullet: Ford GT40
BF Injection: Meyrs Manx
Club: MK1 VW Golf
Elegy: Datsun 260Z
Euros: Renault Alpine
Flash: '77 Triumph TR7
Greenwood: '77 Dodge Monaco
Jester: '74 Plymouth Road Runner
Mesa: Jeep CJ
Oceanic: '58 Plymouth Belvedere
Rhapsody: AMC Pacer
Rumpo: '74 Dodge B-200 Van
Stafford: Royals Royce Silver Shadow
Tornado: '56 Cadillac Series 62
Uranus: '77 Ford Mustang II
Windsor: Jaguar XJS

Bug: VW Beetle
Goblin: AMC Gremlin
Elenor: Shelby GT 500

Tyla
  • Tyla

The Dick Responsible

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:09 AM

A Cavalcade is going to be very hard to come by. I haven't found a decent 70's counterpart for it yet. The closest your going to get is one of these, '73 GMC Surburban - it isn't the prettiest thing, but it's the nearest counterpart of a Cavalcade. AND, it can seat 9. Imagine going out on the hunt with some accomplices.

How about this for a Chavos - '77 Toyota Cressida. The boat on the roof is a little destracting(but would be cool if cars carried random things on the roofracks), but it looks like a nice little Japanese motor.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:13 AM Edited by Jacky Fiend, 06 May 2009 - 01:36 AM.

I find it amazing Tyla that you were born two years after me - yet you know more about the 1970s than I ever will. It's quite amusing how the two people with the biggest 1970s based topics were both born in the 1990s. Just goes to prove how rubbish our decade was!

I'll add those to the list once I've got a few more suggestions - I might rename the Cavalcade since I doubt there were any high-class SUVs in 1977.

EDIT: Here is what I was thinking, in terms of radio stations and genres:
  • Classic Rock
  • Glam Rock (TranSister Radio)
  • Blues
  • Funk/Soul
  • Punk
  • Disco
  • Rockabilly
  • Country
  • Reggae/Dub

Tyla
  • Tyla

The Dick Responsible

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:24 AM

The Cavalcade could be removed and it's role replaced by the Landstalker. Crashsilumator234 mentioned it a couple of pages back with the GMC Surburban counterpart. How about the Porsche 911 Turbo as the Comet, and the Ferrari baught back as the Cheetah? Or as something different, maybe a "Magnum GTI"?(A play on Magnum PI)

I finally fixed my MP3 player. I've loaded some songs on there that I think would fit in the catorgories you listed. If the WMA ban on youtube isn't being arsey, you could possibly find them on youtube. There's also a couple sourced off Wikipedia that I recognize.

Classic Rock

- Led Zeppelin - The Rover (1975)
- Aerosmith - Last Child (1976) - Could possibly go on the Blues station, but either way a great song.
- Deep Purple - Hush (1968)
- Heart - Crazy on you (1976)
- Ram Jam - Black Betty (1977)
- Roxy Music - Love is the drug (1975)
- Rolling Stones - Ruby Tuesday (1967)

Glam Rock

- Paul Mccartney & Wings - Jet (1973)
- T Rex - Bang a Gong (1971)
- Slade - Mama Weer All Crazee Now (1972)
- Rolling Stones - I can't get no satisfaction (1965)

Country

- The Allman Brothers - Rambling Man (1973) OR alternatively if you don't want the Classic/Southern Rock sound, the same song by Hank Williams from 1952.
- Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama (1974)
- Dolly Parton - Jolene (1974)

Funk/Soul

- The Edgar Winter Group - Frankenstein (1973) would be perfect, a great, catchy song.
- Steve Miller Band - The Joker (1973)
- The O'Jays - Love Train (1973)
- Minnie Riperton - Lovin' You (1975)

Blues

- Jim Croce - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown (1973)

Disco

- Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting (1974)
- Elton John & Kiki Dee - Don't Go Breaking My Heart (1975)
- Barry White - You're the First, the Last, My Everything (1974)
- KC & The sunshine band - That's the Way (I Like It) (1975)
- Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music, White boy (1976)

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2009 - 03:23 PM

Thank you, again, Tyla. Once I've come up with a name for the various stations then I'll start adding them too the first page. At the moment I've only got a name for the Glam Rock Station: TranSister Radio. cool.gif

This is what I was thinking of including, for the punk rock station:
  • Sex Pistols - Bodies
  • The Clash - Janie Jones
  • The Ramones - Beat on the Brat
  • The Dead Boys - Sonic Reducer
  • Patti Smith - Gloria
  • Richard Hell & The Voivoids - (I Belong To) The Blank Generation
  • The Damned - New Rose

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

• Members

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:57 PM

Nice one with the Punk station, whack some stooges on there, even though they weren't punk, they are still considered pre punk, and they were rather prominent at that time throughout the scene.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2009 - 01:59 AM

I thought of an idea for GTA LV while playing Motor Storm; in place of the street races seen in previous Grand Theft Auto titles you'd have off-road races that take place in the vast arid desert that makes up the majority of Las Venturas County. At the start of each race you'd have the choice of four vehicles: A Sanchez, Sand King/Mesa, Muscle Car or Quad Bike.

What do you think?

General Goose
  • General Goose

• Members

Posted 10 May 2009 - 04:07 PM

That would be interesting.

BTW, is there gonna be an Area 69 place? Since that would be awesome.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2009 - 04:14 PM

I was thinking of changing the vehicles; instead of Sanchez, Quad, Sand King and Muscle Car; I'm going to have Sanchez, Rally Car, Sandking and Dune. Though I may replace the Rally Car with a Bandito.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2009 - 03:42 PM

I came up with some ideas for Multiplayer Modes:

Deal of the Century: The NeXt equivalent to Deal Breaker. Players are divided into two teams of four (Suppliers and Buyers) and placed at opposite ends of the map. At the beginning of the game there is an yellow marker on the radar; this represents the location of the deal. Both parties must travel there and wait for the other team to arrive.

A cut scene begins which shows the deal going down; though it ends up going wrong and an shoot-out follows. Both teams then spawn behind their cars and must fire at the other team with each kill earning them $200.

The drugs and money are located in the center, between the two teams. The first person to run forward and snatch them must then transport it back to their team's base. If he is killed, then he will drop the drugs and money; allowing the other team to pick it up and steal it. The winners are the first people to get the drugs and money back to their base.

Smuggler's Run: Similar, in principle, to Mafiya Work. There will be an green marker on the radar indicating the location of a shipment of drugs ; players must race to collect them and then transport them to the drop-off zone . Each shipment successfully delivered will earn the player $500. Other players can kill the smuggler though and steal his drugs; as there is only one shipment to be moved at a time. The winner is the person with the most money at the end of each game.

Ocean's 69: Another mission mode. Players are tasked with robbing an casino (a la Ocean's 11) on the Las Venturas Strip. They spawn a distance away from the casino and must first drive there. The players enter the casino and must fight their way down to the vault. Once they get there they have to open the door by;
  1. Finding the dynamite located nearby and blowing the door open
  2. Locating the security office and finding the security card to open the door
After opening the door a cut scene shows them taking the money and placing it in duffel bags which they fling over their shoulders. They then spawn inside of the vault with an instant five star Wanted Level; they must fight their way out of the casino - battling SWAT teams and police. Once they exit the casino they must drive back to their safehouse.

For every guard killed the player receives $100. The player who opens the door recieves $100 too. At the end of the game each player recieves $4,500.

General Goose
  • General Goose

• Members

Posted 12 May 2009 - 03:11 PM

I like the ideas. cookie.gif

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2009 - 03:31 PM

Another Multiplayer Mode:

Chop Till You Drop:
Similar too Car Jack City from GTA IV. Vinnie Tyler wants cars for his chop shop business and it's up to you too get them for him. Bring vehicles back to his garage in Shawdale in order to earn cash (price paid depends on vehicle and condition). Vinnie will tell also you about specific cars dotted around Las Venturas; these cars bring in a significantly higher price then regular cars and are much sought after. Be the first to nab them and earn yourself a hefty cash bonus. The person with the most money at the end of the round wins.

I added the multiplayer modes to the first post; please post if you have any suggestions.

El Zilcho
  • El Zilcho

Virtuoso

• The Connection
  • European-Union

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:23 PM

Any new side mission ideas? Or perhaps though cool random character missions?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users