» «
Photo

GTA Frontera

24 replies to this topic
Mafioso86
  • Mafioso86

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 April 2009 - 10:48 AM Edited by Mafioso86, 18 May 2009 - 10:38 PM.

Rockstar Games Presents
Grand Theft Auto: Frontera

STORY
    Mario Perez knows about pain and violence. Being born and raised in civil war torn Central America; guerillas, assault rifles, and death squads were the norm during his childhood. Though the war ended over 10 years ago, his impoverished homeland is over run by the vicious Banda Teca gang all while still struggling to recover from the 30 year conflict.

But Mario and his childhood friend Oscar Gomez have a plan to escape the poverty and violence once and for all. They will head for the golden land of opportunity where you can make enough money to buy a car in a week and a house in a month; the United States of America. All that stands between them is la frontera, the border.

But they soon realize that the journey ahead of them is not as simple as they thought it would be. In between them and their goal stand crooked Mexican human smugglers, trigger happy American border patrol, and the slime of the underworld on both sides of the border. As Mario and Oscar are forced into a seemingly never ending underworld of gangs, human smugglers, and drug cartels, they begin to wonder if they will ever be able to live the American dream or if they cursed to forever be trapped in the world of poverty and death.
CHARACTERS
    SURNAMEPerezPHOTO
    FIRST NAMEMario[x]
    AGE23
    PLACE OF BIRTHCentral America
    AFFILIATIONSBelieved to have loose connections to La Banda Teca
    CRIMINAL RECORD2001 - Grand Theft Auto
    2003 - Robbery
    NOTES
  • Grew up in war torn Central America and thus has what some might call a warped sense of morality
  • Spent a short stint in a Central American prison at age 17
  • Cares above all, about the well being of his mother and siblings
  • The protagonist of GTA: Frontera, Mario grew up surrounded by war. His father and several of his brothers were killed when he was a young boy, leaving Mario to care for his mother and younger brothers and sisters. In a desperate attempt to support his family Mario began robbing local stores and was caught and arrested at age 17. While not an inherently bad man, Mario has come to learn that sometimes you must do questionable things in order to survive.

SURNAMEGomezPHOTO
    FIRST NAMEOscar[x]
    AGE23
    AFFILIATIONSKnown to work with La Banda Teca
    CRIMINAL RECORD2003 - Robbery
    NOTES
  • Known to associate with members of La Banda Teca
  • Spent a short stint in a Central American prison at age 17
  • Has family living in Harris, Tejas
  • Mario's best friend since they were children, the duo were arrested for robbery as teenagers and spent a year together in a Central American prison. Oscar is much more of a risk taker than Mario. While Mario has attempted to keep his distance from crime, Oscar often convinces/drags him into taking not so legal risks. Oscar has an older brother that works as a cook in Harris, Tejas that sends home thousands of US dollars every month. It was Oscar's stories of his brothers success that convinced Mario to try his luck in the USA.

SURNAMEMendozaPHOTO
    FIRST NAMEMiguel "Mickey"[x]
    AGE24
    AFFILIATIONSLa Banda Teca
    CRIMINAL RECORD2003 - Robbery
    2005 - Possession of a Controlled Substance: Cocaine
    2006 - Assault with a Deadly Weapon
    2008 - Possession of an Unlicensed Firearm
    NOTES
  • The third accomplice in the botched 2003 robbery that landed himself in addition to Mario Perez and Oscar Gomez in prison for a year
  • While incarcerated he joined the Banda Teca
  • Upon his release he relocated to San Diaz in the United States where he currently resides
  • A friend of Mario and Oscar since childhood, Miguel accompanied them on the failed robbery that landed the trio in jail. While Mario wanted nothing to do with the gangs and the gangs generally considered Oscar to be to much of a bafoon to consider for membership, Mickey fit in instantly and upon release the Banda Teca sent him to work with the gang's sets in San Diaz

SURNAMEBocanegraPHOTO
    FIRST NAMEJosť[x]
    AGE28
    PLACE OF BIRTHNuevo San Redo, Mexico
    AFFILIATIONSHas contacts with Los Alfas
    CRIMINAL RECORD2002 - Human Trafficking
    2004 - Weapons Trafficking
    2007 - Human Trafficking
    NOTES
  • One of the many "Coyotes" found in border towns throughout Mexico
  • Has been known to also smuggle contraband across the border for Los Alfas
  • Jose Bocanegra has been a professional "Coyote" or human smuggler for over ten years. Although he is in fact very low on the criminal ladder of Nuevo San Redo (the true gangsters viewing him as little more than an alcoholic that will do any job for the right price), he is extremely arrogant, especially towards the recent waves of immigrants from Central America that employ his services.
Cities
    San Redo/Nuevo San Redo (San Antonio/Laredo and Nuevo Laredo)
    Twin border towns on the US-Mexico Border, both feature historical landmarks, many dating back to the Mexican-American War. Recently the region has been plagued by the activities of the San Redo Cartel and their enforcement arm, Los Alfas.
    Nuevo San Redo
    San Redo

Cantinajuana (Tijuana)
    Home of the original "Donkey Show," the numerous bars that line the streets of Cantinajuana make Las Venturas look tame in comparison. A favorite of young adults from San Andreas in search of a city that truly lives up to the slogan of "What happens here stays here;" Cantinajuana is perfect for those desperate enough for a one night stand with a transvestite, yet not desperate enough to be cool with their friends knowing about it.
    Cantinajuana

San Diaz (San Diego)
    San Diaz was recently named one of the most desirable cities in the United States and with its eclectic mix of vegans, motorcycle enthusiasts, hippies than grew tired of San Fierro, military personnel and gangbangers it's easy to see why. Located just across the border from Mexico, tourists visiting San Diaz can enjoy all the parts of Mexico they enjoy (fish tacos and best value prostitutes) while avoiding those not so desirable parts (cat calling Mexican men and assault rifle carrying drug dealers).
    San Diaz

La Ciudad Federal (Mexico City)
    La Ciudad Federal, often called "La CF (say-ef-ay)" is the capital of Mexico and home to one of the most charmingly corrupt governments in the world. In addition to being one of the world's most populous cities, la CF also has one of the worst air pollution problems in the world. That said more fun can be had here than in all of the cities of the United States combined; after all, how could you not have fun in a city where the police can be paid on the spot by anyone to ignore a crime?
    La CF

Harris (Houston)
    The largest city in the state of Tejas and the fourth largest city in the United States, Harris is a true metropolis. While most famous for NASA's mission control and the phrase, "Harris, we have a problem," there is much more to Harris than the American space program. It has long been considered the only city in Tejas that is safe for liberals and artists and thus boasts a vibrant cultural scene. But beneath it's sunny surface lurks an underworld of gangsters including, but not limited to, one of the largest Banda Teca operations in the United States.
    Harris
GANGS
    La Banda Teca
    Often referred to as the world's most dangerous gang, La Banda Teca was originally formed on the streets of Los Santos by Central American immigrants seeking protection from the local Mexican gangs. When the United States government began deporting foreign born gang members the gang was introduced into the prisons of Central America where it found a new even more ruthless breed of recruit in former guerilla and death squad members. The gang then spread like wild fire throughout Central America and the United States. Known for their brutality and love of the machete, the Mexican gangs they had originally formed in response to now fear them.

Ever expanding their criminal network, the Banda Teca are a major force in drugs, prostitution, extortion, and human smuggling from San Diaz to Harris. La Banda Teca can be recognized by their numerous gang tattoos in addition to wearing bandannas and tacky plastic rosary beads in bright blue, their gang color.
    -Vehicle: Cadillac Escalade EXT

The Cantinajuana Cartel
    One of the largest crime syndicates in Mexico, the Cantinajuana Cartel funnels drugs across the border from their base in Cantinajuana into San Diaz and the rest of San Andreas. This cartel is known to have many high level contacts in the notoriously corrupt Mexican police and government and is generally viewed as being completely untouchable. Their main rival is the San Redo Cartel.

The Cantinijuana Cartel's main source of income is of course the cocaine and marijuana trades, for which they are the largest supplier in the state of San Andreas and much of Mexico.
    -Vehicle: Ford F-150 Lobo

The San Redo Cartel
    While the Cantinajuana Cartel control the drug industry in western Mexico and San Andreas, their main rival, the San Redo Cartel, control the eastern part of the country and much of Tejas from their base in Nuevo San Redo. Despite this, both groups wish to control the entire region on both sides of the border and are at a constant state of war with one another. The San Redo Cartel recently made an alliance with the deadly Los Alfas gang whom they use as enforcers and are also rumored to be growing closer with cartels in Colombia.

Like the Cantinajuana Cartel the primary source of income is narcotics.
    -Vehicle: Lincoln Mark LT

Los Alfas
    Made up of former Mexican special forces that saw a better profit in mercenary work and drug dealing, Los Alfas work with a military precision that is not seen in other gangs. They have their own private boot camps in the Nuevo San Redo area where gang members are trained in tactics that would rival the Navy Seals.

In addition to their own operations in drugs, human smuggling, and kidnapping the Alfas work as a deadly hit squad for their supplier, the San Redo Cartel. Armed to the teeth with the latest military hardware, the Alfas don't bother with colored bandannas opting instead for ski masks and kevlar and often use military issue vehicles such as bullet proof Patriots with mounted guns.
    -Vehicle: Hummer H1

Bravito Familia
    Based in Bravito, the toughest neighborhood in la CF, the Bravito Familia specialize in pick pocketing, kidnapping, street level drug dealing, local protection and gambling rackets and pirated goods. The gang may not be into any major criminal enterprises, but they make up for that with sheer violence, status as the only law on the neighborhood's streets, and their strange adherence to the cult of la Santisima Muerte.
    -Vehicle: Volkswagen Pointer

Angels of Death MC
    The Angels of Death are the largest Outlaw Motorcycle Club in the United States. Based out of San Fierro they once ruled over San Andreas and the American southwest unopposed, in recent years however they have lost their grip due to the rise of their bitter enemies the The Huns MC in San Diaz and the Desperados MC in Tejas.

Their main business operations are the trafficking of methamphetamines and firearms as well as limited prostitution and protection rackets.
    -Vehicle: Harley Davidson Softail

Huns MC
    An Outlaw Motorcycle Club made up of primarily of Mexican Americans, many former gangbangers, and based in San Diaz, the Huns have in recent years become a major player, seizing many of the city's rackets from their hated enemies, the Angels of Death.

Their main business operations are the trafficking of methamphetamines and firearms as well as limited prostitution and protection rackets.
    -Vehicle: Harley Davidson VRSC

Desperados MC
    The Desperados are the biggest Outlaw Motorcyle Club in the state of Tejas. Despite the Spanish name, the vast majority of their members are Tejas born Anglos with white supremacist leanings, often recruiting members from the Sons of Odin gang. They are currently in a bloody war with the Angels of Death and Huns.

-Vehicle: Harley Davidson Softail

Pimpin' Families
    San Diaz clique of the Families street gang from Los Santos, the Pimpin' Families have been at war with the Loco Barrio Boys for more than a decade for control of the drug and sex trades in the rougher neighborhoods of San Diaz.

They easily recognized by their red flags and lowriders.
    -Vehicle: 1964 Chevrolet Impala

Loco Barrio Boys
    The Loco Barrio Boys are a Mexican street gang operating in cities throughout the American Southwest including San Diaz and Harris. They are sworn enemies of the Banda Teca and African-American street gangs such as the Families. They have a loose alliance with the Huns Motorcycle Club whom many older members have joined in addition to their business relations with the Cantinajuana Cartel.
    -Vehicle: 1949 Mercury Led Sled

Sons of Odin
    Originally a white supremacist prison gang, the Sons of Odin have recently expanded their operations to the outside in the suburbs of Harris where the new breed of redneck gangbangers care more about making a buck than radical racial politics.

The Sons of Odin deal in drugs in addition to running a highly successful theft ring.
    -Vehicle: Chevrolet S-10 Lowrider

Original Tejas Gangsta Lords
    OTGL started as a small time black street gang in Harris known for not much more than drivebys and pushing drugs on the street level. Recently however the gang has expanded with the OGs having stakes in clubs, music labels, prostitution, and more high level drug trafficking thanks to an alliance made with the San Redo Cartel.
    -Vehicle: Impala SS Custom
More to come soon including more characters, map, and missions!

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2009 - 12:00 PM

The format of your post looks awfully familiar. sly.gif

I like it. Alot. The Colombian Cartel in GTA III were really menacing and I think you've managed to recreate that feel over and over again with the gangs in Frontera. They feel more like armed militias rather than gangs, which is the feeling I get when I think of drug cartels; especially the more profitable ones.

One question though, is Oscar Gomez the same Oscar Gomez from GTA IV whose brother, Alonso, Niko kills?

nerner
  • nerner

OG

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:44 PM

I have always liked Mexican, and South American cartels, so I could see this being a quite good idea if you get the storyline right. KUTGW!

Mafioso86
  • Mafioso86

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:18 AM

QUOTE (Jacky Fiend @ Apr 28 2009, 12:00)
The format of your post looks awfully familiar. sly.gif

I like it. Alot. The Colombian Cartel in GTA III were really menacing and I think you've managed to recreate that feel over and over again with the gangs in Frontera. They feel more like armed militias rather than gangs, which is the feeling I get when I think of drug cartels; especially the more profitable ones.

One question though, is Oscar Gomez the same Oscar Gomez from GTA IV whose brother, Alonso, Niko kills?

Heh... well like I said, Majestic City influenced me heavily... the format, style and quality more than anything. Plus, I'm not so hot with... html? (think that's what it's called)... so I took what you guys had done over there and worked off of it... no disrespect meant though.

On the cartels... they will only play a part of the underworld of the game, but there is more to come. I went ahead and wrote in the gangs that will appear in the earlier portions so that is why the gangs seem so heavily Latin American based. While the theme of Mexico and Central America will exist throughout the game (much like Russia and Eastern Europe existed throughout GTAIV) there will be much more (also like IV).

This Oscar Gomez is of no relation to the Oscar Gomez of GTAIV. The name, as well as Mario Perez, is actually a play on the names of some Honduran/Salvadoran friends of mine, who have been more than slightly influential to this concept.

Anyways I added the cities complete with descriptions and their RL counterparts. I hope to add a few more characters tomorrow or the day after.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:20 AM

I can't wait to read some more! Get to work boy. sly.gif

Mafioso86
  • Mafioso86

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:51 AM

I have a bunch of ideas in my head... just curious as to what people want to see more of... I have more characters, gangs, and missions all worked out, the map is coming along as well. I have some ideas for side missions and vehicles that I'm still working out... haven't put much thought into weapons yet though.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:58 AM

Side Missions would be interesting - I'd like to see what sort of ones you'd have in mind considering the location and characters.

Also, have you considering adding GTA Frontera to the NeXt Forum Index? smile.gif

Mafioso86
  • Mafioso86

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 May 2009 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE (Jacky Fiend @ May 1 2009, 01:58)
Side Missions would be interesting - I'd like to see what sort of ones you'd have in mind considering the location and characters.

Also, have you considering adding GTA Frontera to the NeXt Forum Index? smile.gif

Well I have an idea for a side mission involving taxis... but it's a little different that would you might expect... It would be introduced in a mission where Mario is trying to make money and some gangsters make him an offer... he is to pose as a taxi driver but to then kidnap his passenger and take them to the gangsters who will hold them for ransom. It's based on a real thing that happens a lot in Mexico as well as much of the third world.

And I don't know how you add something to the NeXt forum index...

General Goose
  • General Goose

Because Jeb Bush is all in my house with disease.

• Members

Posted 01 May 2009 - 06:51 AM

Just post a post in the thread with a short description.

Mafioso86
  • Mafioso86

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:12 AM

Mission #1: La Frontera

It's pitch black, but the sound of the engine of an old van can be heard. Then a lighter flickers on and two men, Mario Perez and Oscar Gomez, can be seen in the back of a dimly lit utility van. Oscar is holding the lighter and Mario is sleeping.

Oscar: (In Spanish with subtitles) Hey... hey, give me another cigarette...

Mario grunts in his sleep and starts snooring. Oscar shoves him with his foot.

Oscar: (Spanish) Hey!
Mario: (Spanish) Ow... what the...
Oscar: (Spanish) Give me a cigarette.
Mario: (Spanish) You smoked them all. What time is it anyways?

Mario looks down at his watch

Mario: (Spanish) When we left eight hours ago we had three packs, sixty cigarettes. I smoked about ten, so you smoked fifty in and eight hour period, good job.
Oscar: (Spanish) f*ck you. I was bored and unlike you, I couldn't sleep in this Mexican piece of sh*t.

Mario smiles and Oscar smiles and shakes his head. Suddenly the van jerks to a stop and Oscar drops his lighter leaving the room pitch black. The engine turns off and a car door can be heard opening and closing. A few seconds later a key can be heard turning in a lock and the back door of the van swings open with a creak flooding the area with moonlight and the silhouette of a Mexican man standing outside.

The Coyote: Bienvenidos a los Estados Unidos.
Oscar: We are in Tejas?
The Coyote: No, we're in Liberty City. Of course we're in Tejas, pinche cerote. Now hurry the f*ck up and get out of my van, there's border patrols everywhere.

Mario and Oscar climb out of the van looking disoriented.

Oscar: You have cigarette?

The Coyote gives Oscar a dirty look as he reaches into his pocket and pulls out a pack of cigarettes.

The Coyote: You f*cking cerote peasants are always looking for a handout...

Suddenly a spot light beams on the trio and the van

Megaphone: US BORDER PATROL! FREEZE!
The Coyote: sh*t...

The Coyote ducks and begins to make a dash for the drivers door of the van when a shot rings out. He's hit in the head and collapses as blood sprays everywhere.

Megaphone: (Spanish) This is the United States Border Patrol! Freeze and put your hands in the air!

A terrified looking Mario and Oscar slowly raise their hands in the air as another Border Patrol truck pulls up and a helicopter is heard.

Mario and Oscar are alone in an interrogation room. Oscar is sitting quietly on a bench while Mario stands with his head against the wall looking extremely upset.

Mario: I can't believe I let you talk me into doing this. "It'll be easy, my brother did it, he makes so much money, the Border Patrol are a joke. A joke. I just saw a man get his head blown off!

Mario glares at Oscar, but Oscar just looks at the ground and is completely silent.

Mario: Now we will be put in the American prison and f*cked in our asses everyday for the rest of our lives!
Oscar: They won't put us in prison.
Mario: No? So what, they just line us up and shoot us. Maravilloso.
Oscar: No no no... nothing like that, they will just send us back home.
Mario: Home... so after saving my money for an entire year so that I can pay to go through Mexico and cross the border I get nothing.
Oscar: Yeah... unless...
Mario: Unless what? Unless we suck the Border Patrol's dicks?
Oscar: No no... I have a plan, a good one. We tell them that we're Mexican.
Mario: What?
Oscar: We tell them we are Mexicans, they stick all the Central Americans on plans and ship them back to their own countries, but they just drop the Mexicans off in the nearest border town, that way all we need to do is find another, better coyote!
Mario: That will never work, we talk like Central Americans, they'll know.
Oscar: Mario, these gringos are stupid... they think anyone that is brown are Mexicans.
Mario: Yeah except the ones that they think are terrorists. That would be great, then we would be sent to Cuba and...

A key can be heard opening the door and two immigration officials walk in

Official 1: Buenas dias fellas, how are yall doing?

Mario and Oscar just stare at him and he nods to the other official

Official 2: Buenos dias, como estan ustedes?
Oscar: We can speak English.
Official 1: Wow, a wetback that can actually speak English Jeff, maybe we could give these two a break.

Both officials start laughing

Official 1: And where might you boys be from? El Salvador? Guatemala? Honduras?
Oscar: No, we are from Mexico.
Official 1: Mexico! Hot damn, what do you know. Jeff heres mother is Mexican, ain't she Jeff?
Official 2: Uh.. yeah.
Official 1: Yup, Jeff's mother makes the best salsa this side of the Rio Largo. Funny thing though, yall don't talk like Jeff's mother. Yall talk like the Guatemalan that used to do my gardening until I caught him boning my wife and had to do some gardening of my own by fertilizing my lawn with his brains.

Official One places his hand on a 44 magnum holstered to his belt

Oscar: No ma... guey, we're not pinche cerotes. We're Mexicanos guey.

Official One narrows his eyes and examines them sternly

Official 2:[/] I dunno, Jeb... they sound Mexican to me.

Official One glares at his partner and then motions him out of the room, where the two can be seen, but not heard, arguing.

[b]Mario:
Nice accent [i]guey.
Oscar: Chinga tu madre.

[color=red]The two officials walk back into the room

Official 1: Frankly I have no idea where you two tomato pickers are from, and I really couldn't give a damn. Thanks to Agent Johnson heres big old soft heart for wetbacks we're putting you on the next bus to Nuevo San Redo. Yall should thank him.

Mario and Oscar just stare at the two as they walk out the door.

A bus pulls up in Nuevo San Redo and Mario and Oscar get off and are instantly barraged by coyotes offering to take them back over the border; they wave them away.

Mario: So what do we do now?
Oscar: Well we still have some cash and we need a... hotel.

Oscar points toward an extremely filthy looking hotel

You are now in control of Mario. Walk into the yellow marker in front of the hotel. You can save your game, change clothes, watch television, etc here; however it will cost you $50 dollars every time you use the room. You currently have $200. Be careful with your money, if you run out you will have to find some way to earn more. Save your game now.

Mission Accomplished: -$50

Mafioso86
  • Mafioso86

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:17 AM

Mission #1: La Frontera

It's pitch black, but the sound of the engine of an old van can be heard. Then a lighter flickers on and two men, Mario Perez and Oscar Gomez, can be seen in the back of a dimly lit utility van. Oscar is holding the lighter and Mario is sleeping.

Oscar: (In Spanish with subtitles) Hey... hey, give me another cigarette...

Mario grunts in his sleep and starts snooring. Oscar shoves him with his foot.

Oscar: (Spanish) Hey!
Mario: (Spanish) Ow... what the...
Oscar: (Spanish) Give me a cigarette.
Mario: (Spanish) You smoked them all. What time is it anyways?

Mario looks down at his watch

Mario: (Spanish) When we left eight hours ago we had three packs, sixty cigarettes. I smoked about ten, so you smoked fifty in and eight hour period, good job.
Oscar: (Spanish) f*ck you. I was bored and unlike you, I couldn't sleep in this Mexican piece of sh*t.

Mario smiles and Oscar smiles and shakes his head. Suddenly the van jerks to a stop and Oscar drops his lighter leaving the room pitch black. The engine turns off and a car door can be heard opening and closing. A few seconds later a key can be heard turning in a lock and the back door of the van swings open with a creak flooding the area with moonlight and the silhouette of a Mexican man standing outside.

The Coyote: Bienvenidos a los Estados Unidos.
Oscar: We are in Tejas?
The Coyote: No, we're in Liberty City. Of course we're in Tejas, pinche cerote. Now hurry the f*ck up and get out of my van, there's border patrols everywhere.

Mario and Oscar climb out of the van looking disoriented.

Oscar: You have cigarette?

The Coyote gives Oscar a dirty look as he reaches into his pocket and pulls out a pack of cigarettes.

The Coyote: You f*cking cerote peasants are always looking for a handout...

Suddenly a spot light beams on the trio and the van

Megaphone: US BORDER PATROL! FREEZE!
The Coyote: sh*t...

The Coyote ducks and begins to make a dash for the drivers door of the van when a shot rings out. He's hit in the head and collapses as blood sprays everywhere.

Megaphone: (Spanish) This is the United States Border Patrol! Freeze and put your hands in the air!

A terrified looking Mario and Oscar slowly raise their hands in the air as another Border Patrol truck pulls up and a helicopter is heard.

Mario and Oscar are alone in an interrogation room. Oscar is sitting quietly on a bench while Mario stands with his head against the wall looking extremely upset.

Mario: I can't believe I let you talk me into doing this. "It'll be easy, my brother did it, he makes so much money, the Border Patrol are a joke. A joke. I just saw a man get his head blown off!

Mario glares at Oscar, but Oscar just looks at the ground and is completely silent.

Mario: Now we will be put in the American prison and f*cked in our asses everyday for the rest of our lives!
Oscar: They won't put us in prison.
Mario: No? So what, they just line us up and shoot us. Maravilloso.
Oscar: No no no... nothing like that, they will just send us back home.
Mario: Home... so after saving my money for an entire year so that I can pay to go through Mexico and cross the border I get nothing.
Oscar: Yeah... unless...
Mario: Unless what? Unless we suck the Border Patrol's dicks?
Oscar: No no... I have a plan, a good one. We tell them that we're Mexican.
Mario: What?
Oscar: We tell them we are Mexicans, they stick all the Central Americans on plans and ship them back to their own countries, but they just drop the Mexicans off in the nearest border town, that way all we need to do is find another, better coyote!
Mario: That will never work, we talk like Central Americans, they'll know.
Oscar: Mario, these gringos are stupid... they think anyone that is brown are Mexicans.
Mario: Yeah except the ones that they think are terrorists. That would be great, then we would be sent to Cuba and...

A key can be heard opening the door and two immigration officials walk in

Official 1: Buenas dias fellas, how are yall doing?

Mario and Oscar just stare at him and he nods to the other official

Official 2: Buenos dias, como estan ustedes?
Oscar: We can speak English.
Official 1: Wow, a wetback that can actually speak English Jeff, maybe we could give these two a break.

Both officials start laughing

Official 1: And where might you boys be from? El Salvador? Guatemala? Honduras?
Oscar: No, we are from Mexico.
Official 1: Mexico! Hot damn, what do you know. Jeff heres mother is Mexican, ain't she Jeff?
Official 2: Uh.. yeah.
Official 1: Yup, Jeff's mother makes the best salsa this side of the Rio Largo. Funny thing though, yall don't talk like Jeff's mother. Yall talk like the Guatemalan that used to do my gardening until I caught him boning my wife and had to do some gardening of my own by fertilizing my lawn with his brains.

Official One places his hand on a 44 magnum holstered to his belt

Oscar: No ma... guey, we're not pinche cerotes. We're Mexicanos guey.

Official One narrows his eyes and examines them sternly

Official 2: I dunno, Jeb... they sound Mexican to me.

Official One glares at his partner and then motions him out of the room, where the two can be seen, but not heard, arguing.

Mario: Nice accent guey.
Oscar: Chinga tu madre.

The two officials walk back into the room

Official 1: Frankly I have no idea where you two tomato pickers are from, and I really couldn't give a damn. Thanks to Agent Johnson heres big old soft heart for wetbacks we're putting you on the next bus to Nuevo San Redo. Yall should thank him.

Mario and Oscar just stare at the two as they walk out the door.

A bus pulls up in Nuevo San Redo and Mario and Oscar get off and are instantly barraged by coyotes offering to take them back over the border; they wave them away.

Mario: So what do we do now?
Oscar: Well we still have some cash and we need a... hotel.

Oscar points toward an extremely filthy looking hotel

You are now in control of Mario. Walk into the yellow marker in front of the hotel. You can save your game, change clothes, watch television, etc here; however it will cost you $50 dollars every time you use the room. You currently have $200. Be careful with your money, if you run out you will have to find some way to earn more. Save your game now.

Mission Accomplished: -$50

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:25 AM

Brilliant.

Official 1 and Official 2 sound just like real-life border patrol officers: racist and big headed. They are a perfect fit and I hope they make an appearance sometime later on down the line. They'd make good atagonists from what we've seen so far. Good work.

jplip
  • jplip

PINOY CULTURE WARRIOR

• Members

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:36 PM

I like this one. icon14.gif great job..
I love Hispanic and mexican culture. I love the Esse, the locos and the vatos smile.gif

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:05 PM

Do you know whats bad about this?

Absaloutly nothing!
This is really good.
It doesn't beat Lincoln sate or VC by Gta dude IMO but it is still trully awesome. I love the characters and the Setting.

a few questions though...

When the mission intro ends when theres the hotel are they back in mexico again?

Also will you work from their to get to the USA texas? and Diaz (deigo)?

Keep working on it, i want to see more missions.
The mission is what really impressed me. wink.gif

Mafioso86
  • Mafioso86

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:59 PM

Thanks for all the compliments. As the two immigration officials go it's interesting... I actually just kinda came up with them on the fly while I was writing the mission. I had been thinking of having characters like that, but before actually writing the mission I hadn't really come up with anything, then in writing the dialogue, I really liked what I had. I may go back and beef that part up a little bit, have the characters more formerly introduce themselves.

Sanjeem, at the end of the first mission you are in Nuevo San Redo, a Mexican border town based on real life Nuevo Laredo. Eventually Mario will find his way all across other parts of Mexico, Texas, and Southern California; this is just the beginning.

Just curious as to what you guys thought about the need to pay money to save in a hotel. I threw it in for realism and I thought it would help to get the player to feel a need to get going on things with Mario. In the second mission ways of making money will be revealed, but for this part of the story it will be important to have a cash flow. Later in the game you will ofcourse have safehouses that aren't hotels and you won't have to pay, but for now this is a big part.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2009 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (Mafioso86 @ May 20 2009, 19:59)
Just curious as to what you guys thought about the need to pay money to save in a hotel. I threw it in for realism and I thought it would help to get the player to feel a need to get going on things with Mario. In the second mission ways of making money will be revealed, but for this part of the story it will be important to have a cash flow. Later in the game you will ofcourse have safehouses that aren't hotels and you won't have to pay, but for now this is a big part.

I like it. Reminds me of Grand Theft Auto 2, which is never a bad thing. As long as it doesn't cost too much ($50 isn't much to ask, really) then I cannot see it causing a problem. The only way I can see it causing a problem is if you're required to do it all the time (which you already stated we don't). Bravo. Cannot wait to see mission two.

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 23 May 2009 - 02:20 PM Edited by Sanjeem, 24 May 2009 - 09:23 AM.

One question Mafioso.

wont it be difficult if your playing in Mexico aswell as the USA.

I mean not all of us speak Spanish Latino.
How will we understand what people are saying. Thats why i think you should not do mexico city but just Tijuana and Redo.

Have you got a solution to the matter?

Mafioso86
  • Mafioso86

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 May 2009 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE (Sanjeem @ May 23 2009, 14:20)
One question Mafioso.

wont it be difficult if your playing in Mexico aswell as the USA.

I mean not all of us speak Spanish Latino.
How will we understand what people are saying. Thats why i think you should not do mexico city but just Tijuana and Redo.

Have you got a solution to the matter?

Well there would definitely be subtitles at parts... probably a little more than there were in IV, as there were parts where Niko would say stuff to Roman in Serbian. I don't know, I personally have no issue with subtitles, but I know some people do. That's why in the script I tried to have them speak english as often as possible. I was honestly thinking of having them be like, "we're going to the US we should practice our English," as an excuse for them to be speaking more English.... it sounds a little corny, but not much worse than Roman who still has an pretty strong accent preferring to speak English to Serbian.

As far as Mexico City goes I actually have been thinking of cutting it out. I have some really cool ideas for missions there, but as far as it smoothly fitting into the plot... like a reason for Mario and Oscar to go there... I've been having trouble. So well see... I have ideas... but I've been busy. I'm thinking I'll have an update coming sometime around this thursday or friday (I work sun-mon-tues-weds) for those of you following this thread.

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

The Droogs, Finally real rapists on the scene.

• Members

Posted 25 May 2009 - 11:13 AM

Wow, this is actually one of the best GTA: NeXt I've actually seen on here, the story is unique, yet realistic, they type of story that belongs in Writers discussion (If you're going to continue this that is). The characters are planned out well, nice little back story for each of them, the gangs are very well thought through, vehicles are brilliant. I cant wait for more smile.gif

tricore5
  • tricore5

The Russian

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:43 PM

really cool post, i like mexican culture, and border hopping would be fun.
i would love to play a gta based on south us/mexico.
the first mission is really cool, i cant wait for the second, it sound like a real story of mexican people.
a map of where the events happened, and where you will be playing would be helpful.
this is as good as the lincolin state topic, maybe even better.
i think for the last mission when they arrive in liberty city, the main guy should say (or Think) some thing like
"...My whole life..." "...I've Dreamed of coming here, being here, and now..." "...,now after everything that's happened..."(flashback of the coyote getting shot, and the hopping, and later event's in the game) "... My Dream is true..."
"...I am in Liberty City!" then the cutscene fades away, and another one shows him in Liberty City.

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

Dr. Green Thumb.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:15 AM

wow i seriously love this idea i have no problem with subtitles

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:42 AM

When can we expect some more to be added to this, Mafioso86, this is one of my favourite NeXt topics to-date?

NawlinsIrish
  • NawlinsIrish

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 July 2009 - 04:44 AM

Mafioso, I'm glad to see someone posting quality material like this here on Next. This may be my favorite topic since Jackyfiend's Majestic City post.

I love to see someone taking the entire Central American immigrant angle with the finesse you have here. Usually the stories on here are like "Jose Cuervo was poor, so he killed all the gang members in his city then left for Los Santos and conveniently met EVERY character from GTA:San Andreas"

SanAndreasManiac
  • SanAndreasManiac

Now I am become death, destroyer of the worlds

• Members

Posted 24 July 2009 - 05:39 AM

really awesome idea! icon14.gif icon14.gif
it has potencial icon14.gif icon14.gif

the only problem I se with it is the free roam thing:
in all GTA's, u start in a borough (or city), every place else is locked, but then after missions, the other place are unlocked, and after u unlock the last borough/city, u can still go to the 1st area as well, in GTA frontera, the locking can be excused by that border thing, but after completing the game, how Mario can go back to Mexico then back to US again?

I dunno if after getting a greencard such thing can be done.......

The Guru
  • The Guru

Ghetto Star

• The Connection
  • None
  • Picture of the Year 2010

Posted 24 July 2009 - 05:49 AM

How come I never saw this before. This is absolutely brilliant work and the other posts are no match against this (except a few). Great job. Keep writing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users