Most people on this forum ask "i wanna make model" "how do u install that?" "why isn't model working?"...
Well, wouldn't it be better to have a full tutorial available?
I decided to make one.
Get the tools that I said before, and install them.
Open TXD Workshop.
You shall see this:
You may not understand much, but for begining they are 2 buttons you need to use.
Open IMG - will open an .img archive, and will be able to directly edit TXDs from it. These are the .imgs used from the "models" folder:
- gta3.img probably the most used one, has the much disk space and stores ALL the models
- gta_int.img stores all the interior models
- player.img stores all the player's clothes, including haircuts
- fonts.txd stores the game's character fonts (diploma and pricedown)
- fronten1.txd stores the game's radio station Logos
- fronten2.txd and fronten3.txd store some menu logos
- fronen_pc stores the mouse and the map icon from the game's menu
- effectsPC.txd and particle.txd store all the optical effects you see in-game (window crash, smoke...)
- hud.txd stores all the radar and HUD icons
- misc.txd stores wheel models
- pcbtns.txd stores the arrows used in "Cesar Vialpando" and "Life's a Beach"
If you opened an .img, goto Step #3; if not, jump to Step #4
Once you opened the .img, you'll see this:
Look at the list on the right - those are the textures.
First, you'll see these .dffs. You DON'T want to touch them if you're only going for modeling.
Scroll down until you'll find these:
THESE are what you want to edit.
Just click one and see what's in.
Once you opened the .txd, you'll see this:
- Images - here you see the images located in the .txd
- The Texture
We want to edit it, right?
First we must choose the type of image you want to edit.
- Image - the normal image
- Alpha Mask - the 'mask' of the image, sorta like a background.
- Mixed - mixed view between Image and Alpha Mask
After that, click on the "Export" and select "png":
Save it anywhere on your PC, then minimize Workshop.
Enter GIMP, go to file - open and select your saved .png.
Now here comes the fun part - do your magic!
After you did your magic, save it.
Maximize Workshop, and select "Import":
Browse and select your .png, then click "save TXD"
Work is done, time to try it out in-game!
Well, you can get better than me