» «
Photo

Modding LCS/VCS.

319 replies to this topic
Arvis
  • Arvis

Li'l G Loc

• The Yardies

Posted 24 April 2009 - 02:36 PM Edited by Vecis, 24 April 2009 - 03:14 PM.

I hope you won't lock this, as long as i don't post iso's/game content, there is nothing illegal.

Here is some progress:

Modified game video by Dageron
http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

Modified character/texture
http://www.picamatic..._VCSCharSelect/

LCS/VCS map textures opened
http://www.picamatic...9_menu_chk_lcs/
http://www.picamatic...0_menu_chk_vcs/

Tool for packing/unpacking GAME.DTZ, you can view and probably edit content with HEX, i haven't tried it yet.
user posted image
Download:
http://gtamodding.mo...TZ_Tool_0.1.rar

Also soon is coming tool for editing ALL sounds of the game.

That's not all, also sorry for posting links instead of thumbnails.
Let the modding move on.

Batuhan
  • Batuhan

GTA : LCS To III Team Leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 April 2009 - 02:51 PM

Link ?

Arvis
  • Arvis

Li'l G Loc

• The Yardies

Posted 24 April 2009 - 03:15 PM

Whoops sorry, forgot to add it.

Batuhan
  • Batuhan

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 April 2009 - 03:25 PM

Man, I mean GTA Stories Tex's link . and can you say me where is the menu.chk ?

gtaps2modder
  • gtaps2modder

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 April 2009 - 03:52 PM Edited by gtaps2modder, 24 April 2009 - 03:56 PM.

I work with them in his team, so I can constant say that soon some of this tools will be on public

Dageron had been banned from here by Dexx. I think that we should ask him for unban because of many things had been changed from past

nerner
  • nerner

OG

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 April 2009 - 04:13 PM

I can't wait for some of his tools to be made public, as until we can encrypt .rsc files into .DTZ files, that first tool is useless. I am quite happy for him to stay banned, aslong as there are people on here to report his findings.

gtaps2modder
  • gtaps2modder

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 April 2009 - 04:16 PM

Hm, I can not understand you, sorry( Why better to stay banned?

P.S. I can post menu.chk/font.chk from LCS/VCS PS2

nerner
  • nerner

OG

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 April 2009 - 04:22 PM Edited by nerner, 24 April 2009 - 04:25 PM.

Better to stay banned because he should not be returning from a previous temp ban. How do you open menu.chk? As I cannot find them, please post them though.

Batuhan
  • Batuhan

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 April 2009 - 04:26 PM

Yeah , Im asking for how to open menu . chk

nerner
  • nerner

OG

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 April 2009 - 04:33 PM

What I really want to know is how to decrypt them in the first place.

Arvis
  • Arvis

Li'l G Loc

• The Yardies

Posted 25 April 2009 - 01:30 PM

Don't know, i'm just reporting, if Dageron would be here he might be able to explain..

nerner
  • nerner

OG

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 April 2009 - 06:32 PM

That was a completely blatant attempt to get him unbanned lol...

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:46 PM

If you don't intend to discuss the topic then don't post in here. This is not the place to discuss members that have been banned.

gtaps2modder
  • gtaps2modder

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 April 2009 - 04:32 AM Edited by gtaps2modder, 26 April 2009 - 04:37 AM.

Here comes large edition toolkit for GAME.DTZ. Sorry, I havent got permission yet to post way of extracting .chk files (and I dont know is it correct), but... why not to post right them? biggrin.gif

Here it is: menu.chk from LCS and VCS PS2. As Dageron said, PSP-variant is on the way.

Also you may look on the menu map texture VCS - in the corner some fraze is written in Russian) It shows that he know how to edit data)

I think that we should ask admins/moderators to unban him. Seriously.
CharmingCharlie, many things had been changed from his ban and as I know, he really want to say "sorry" for all community...

nerner
  • nerner

OG

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 April 2009 - 11:41 AM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Apr 25 2009, 21:46)
If you don't intend to discuss the topic then don't post in here. This is not the place to discuss members that have been banned.

Sorry but when there are any developments, we will discuss them, until then, nothing will happen, so we can discuss why he has been banned. I would also like to see him unbanned, if you can do that kind of thing, as he is more mature now, and a better hacker. He just generally has much to add to the community now.

Anyway, those .chk files are interesting, I am guessing that he used a hex editor to change the russian phrase? But just editing is no use unless you can compact the data back into a .dtz/.lvz file.

gtaps2modder
  • gtaps2modder

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:31 PM

CODE
But just editing is no use unless you can compact the data back into a .dtz/.lvz file.

GTAStories Texture Viewer+010 HEX editor+Adobe Photoshop CS3+OPTPiX iMageStudio for PlayStation2. biggrin.gif

But just editing is no use unless you can compact the data back into a .dtz/.lvz file.

So, all packing resourses back is very easy.
It comes large tool called "DTZ Edtion" with functions of exporting and importing CHK-files, I know lots about it developing:^: But it has no future till author not welcome here.

Sorry but when there are any developments, we will discuss them, until then, nothing will happen, so we can discuss why he has been banned. I would also like to see him unbanned, if you can do that kind of thing, as he is more mature now, and a better hacker. He just generally has much to add to the community now.

For my mind everyody who is interested in LCS/VCS modding on PSP&PS2 should request for Dageron unban.

Arvis
  • Arvis

Li'l G Loc

• The Yardies

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:56 PM

I agree with you.
Modding really should move on, why don't let it?
Dageron promised to show progress of IMG/LVZ archive hacking and script editing, wouldn't that be great?

nerner
  • nerner

OG

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 April 2009 - 03:35 PM

Yes, but we cannot be held for ransom, if he releases his tool, I would assume that he wants it published here aswell. Would that be right?

gtaps2modder
  • gtaps2modder

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 April 2009 - 11:21 AM

As I know, this tool is in WIP (Work In Progress) stage and will bet be done in nearest future - lots of data is unknown yet, and it is very hard to research alone. And in addition some of gtaF persons dont want to unban his account dozingoff.gif

P.S. I have got some more screens wich shows that texture format in LCS&VCS is the same:

user posted image user posted image

And also look at this:
user posted image
(It is from Vice City Stories)
biggrin.gif

nerner
  • nerner

OG

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:47 PM

Would that be from the fonts.chk file?

gtaps2modder
  • gtaps2modder

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:53 PM Edited by gtaps2modder, 27 April 2009 - 05:31 PM.

of course)

+Some more font textures.

VCS has 4 fonts on PS2 and 3 on PSP, LCS has 3 on both platforms.

nerner
  • nerner

OG

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:22 PM

I am also guessing that the new tool will make you able to edit the fonts aswell?

gtaps2modder
  • gtaps2modder

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 April 2009 - 10:50 AM Edited by gtaps2modder, 28 April 2009 - 10:53 AM.

Of course! smile.gif

Dageron RUS
  • Dageron RUS

Snitch

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 28 April 2009 - 11:02 AM Edited by |Dageron|, 28 April 2009 - 11:26 AM.

Hm, maybe you misunderstood a bit. Tool wich now is in developing stage will give possibility of exporting/importing GAME.DTZ data from both Stories games on both platforms. This file is very, VERY interesting and I hope that some more time late I will be able to research some more than fonts, menu, hud and radar00-XX in it)

Textures on exporting are usual ".chk" files wich are used in Stories games. They can be opened using GTA Stories Texture Viewer.

user posted image

If you want not only to export pictures, but to edit and import them back you should be ready to lern some new large tools and also know HEX`ing a bit. For example - you see on the previous page, PS2 textures can be edited. So, you need to
  • Extract picture to PNG Image
  • Edit it in every editor you wish (Paint, Photoshop, GIMP...)
  • Open new picture in "PS2 Image Studio" tool (search in Google if you dont know such, it is really great)
  • Export from it in PS2-specific TIM2 format with swizzing
  • Open in HEX new TIM2 texture and old CHK file
  • Find in CHK data sector with this texture (really easier than you thought)
  • Replace data
On PSP situation is harder because of tool called "Image Studio for PSP" hasnt been released on public and there is no place to download it. Maybe in future this trouble will be passed.

nerner
  • nerner

OG

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 04:26 PM

If I am on the PSP version, which I am, should I just use a hex editor to play around with the .chk file and see what happens? I will report all finding here, of course, I will need the new tool to be released first.

Dageron RUS
  • Dageron RUS

Snitch

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:20 PM

If I am on the PSP version, which I am, should I just use a hex editor to play around with the .chk file and see what happens?

I gonna make some useful tutorial wich may help everybody.
I will report all finding here, of course, I will need the new tool to be released first.

Hm, what? I misunderstood a bit what do you want to report... If you want new tools, of course you (as everybody) will get it, but some time later. Do you really think that it is so easy - to reverse on console formats (+test everything also)? I hope that somerbody will want to work together.
Btw, look at this:
user posted image
Some LCS PSP and PS2 data is different - icons and etc)
+Menu background.

I dont know how it can be used for, but... it is nice to replace data) For example, from PSP to PS2. If somerbody is interested in such mod, I can make this and try to teach also.
And also to run+fix PS2 MAIN.SCM with "exclusive content" on PSP. smile.gif

nerner
  • nerner

OG

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:35 PM

What do you mean by fix the Main.scm hack? It works perfectly well on VCS, and I have never tried it on LCS, the next step should be a .scm editor for the stories games, but I would never even know where to start.

Dageron RUS
  • Dageron RUS

Snitch

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:42 AM

Vety strange, when I runed VCS PSP with PS2 main.scm, it crushed after any "exclusive" mission passing. On PS2 R* added some new opcodes wich can not be used on PSP. Maybe replacing them in HEX can help get rid of the problem, I gonna try some time later.

nerner
  • nerner

OG

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 April 2009 - 03:40 PM

By run, I mean the general gameplay works fine. But there are three main problems:
  • The game freezes after passing a non PSP side mission. This is because the game tries to update your record in that event, which of course doesn't exist!
  • All PS2 only unlockable purchases don't work. This is also because they have not been coded into the game.
  • And the PS2 only USJ's don't exist on the map. To get them to exist, you would need to port the PS2 map files, which is impossible at the moment.

Dageron RUS
  • Dageron RUS

Snitch

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:24 PM

Thank you for so useful material! smile.gif

Btw, LCS PSP fonts had been researched:

user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users