Photo

Was Anyone else Disappointed?

15 replies to this topic
rainigul
  • rainigul

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:17 PM

At the beginning of the game, I enjoyed the character Ling the most because her dialogues with Huang were always funny, and when she died, I was expecting her to make a come back at the end of the game, but then she never did. Was anyone else hoping that she'd make a comeback?

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:31 PM

I was expecting her to return a couple of missions later, maybe she had just been Wasted and had respawned at the hospital a few hours later. tounge.gif I thought she was going to be a major character in the story and I was pretty bummed out when she died.

Grouch79
  • Grouch79

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:31 PM

count me in alien.gif
i liked here too, there are not many strong female characters in GTA games.
and there was a nice tension between her and Huang. First beef, then... sigh.gif
Finally she is the main character on most of the posters of the game, so i excepted a come back too.

But all in all, it's ok like that. It's kinda hilarious to support her so strong, and then let her die after 5 minutes. orly.gif

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:42 PM

Yeah same here. It really sucked ass that she died. I was also hoping she would make a surprise come back.

WhatsPoppin
  • WhatsPoppin

Spreading peace and friendship wherever I post

• Members

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:09 AM

Hey guys its better than GTA IV's Lola Del Rio(lollipop girl) who despite being on posters and the game box never appeared in game

rainigul
  • rainigul

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 April 2009 - 01:02 AM

QUOTE (WhatsPoppin @ Apr 24 2009, 00:09)
Hey guys its better than GTA IV's Lola Del Rio(lollipop girl) who despite being on posters and the game box never appeared in game

You could argue that and you could argue against it, now I'm not 100%, but I think that on other gta games, people have appeared on the cover for the game but never actually appeared in the game. And even if not, simply appearing on the cover doesn't necessarily mean you have to be in the game, it was just strange in this game because she was built up as such a strong character, and she also appeared on the cover, on the map & other stuff, but then she gets killed.

Also, the lolipop girl is sort of like the blond girl from SA, & the guy on the top of the cover & the one on the bike, you know what I'm saying? They're on there, but just to set the mood, but the Truth is there as well as Cesar, & they aren't eve killed, they're both major players in the storyline.

Also, I stopped spoilering because I figure that nobody is gonna read past the first post if they haven't read the spoiler.

WhatsPoppin
  • WhatsPoppin

Spreading peace and friendship wherever I post

• Members

Posted 24 April 2009 - 01:09 AM

But it strikes me as odd that both Lola and the SA chick were plastered on hundred of ads even more than Niko/CJ, in fact due to Lola i thought Ling was going to be artwork, thats sorta like making a racing game with a Lamborghini on the box but you drive a Prius the whole game

I remember the good ol' days of GTA3 when the people on the box where in the game

rainigul
  • rainigul

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 April 2009 - 01:26 AM

QUOTE (WhatsPoppin @ Apr 24 2009, 01:09)
But it strikes me as odd that both Lola and the SA chick were plastered on hundred of ads even more than Niko/CJ, in fact due to Lola i thought Ling was going to be artwork, thats sorta like making a racing game with a Lamborghini on the box but you drive a Prius the whole game

I remember the good ol' days of GTA3 when the people on the box where in the game

It seems to be a good marketing technique, but I agree with you, and I'm glad they returned to only using characters who are actually in the game (though I'm not sure who the guy on the left is with the gun).

Raptomex
  • Raptomex

Listen to Slayer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2009 - 02:15 AM

I suppose she was cool but she wasn't around long enough for me to cast an opinion about her.

The Horror Is Alive
  • The Horror Is Alive

Monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane.

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:24 AM

Yeah. She was a cool character, and I was fully expecting her to return sad.gif

Upaluppa
  • Upaluppa

Warlock

• Members

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:24 AM

Who knows, maybe there are more bonus missions to come ?
Along with a comeback of Ling...

Sounds like a nice idea to me ! wink.gif

ScratchCard
  • ScratchCard

Arc.

• Members

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:51 AM

Chinatown Zombie Wars? Seriously, she's death, get over it.

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE (ScratchCard @ Apr 25 2009, 05:51)
Chinatown Zombie Wars? Seriously, she's death, get over it.

Sorry, no sequel.

gta player13
  • gta player13

BOOM! headshot.

• Members

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:41 PM

Yeah,she was hot smile.gif

Redketman
  • Redketman

Hustler

• Members

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:49 PM

I totally agree. She was a good character and should have been seen in more missions. I think she was only seen in like 2-3 episodes or something?

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE (WhatsPoppin @ Friday, Apr 24 2009, 00:09)

Ouch now that is wrong

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users