» «
Photo

[WIP] Rancher pickup

4 replies to this topic
Heihachi_73
  • Heihachi_73

Hey! My cab!!

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 04:58 AM Edited by Heihachi_73, 22 August 2009 - 03:48 AM.

Just a quick mess around in ZModeler 1 for my first mod (feel free to call it crappy!)... If anyone wants to get it in-game and fix anything that might not be right, you can freely grab it over at GTAGarage. It's not in-game yet (e.g. it won't even spawn in a garage), I just basically got rid of the canopy and made what us dumb Aussies call a ute version. wink.gif

Uses the original TXDs from the normal Rancher, and the original body is basically unmodified apart from the now-missing canopy, and probably needs a bit of work around the rear end because of this (it was just a quick delete job, nothing patched up or anything). Call it a version 0.1 if anything, the tailgate still opens upwards (handling.cfg flag?) and the damage model is still bent around the 'top' where the tailgate locks would normally be on a pickup. Open to anyone who has the time to update it (just add to this topic). I was thinking of making the canopy an extra like the Patriot.

All up:
+ Removed the canopy.
+ Cleaned up the rear tailgate, damage model is not changed however.
+ Removed the blanked up rear window (you can see through it now).
+ Uses the original TXD file.
− No rear window.
− Damaged tailgate looks odd since the top parts are bent outwards (on a real pickup, the tailgate would simply fall down because of this).
− Tailgate still opens up the wrong way (it's a handling.cfg 'AE' flag, something I've never looked at before).
− LOD model not touched.
− No coll mods yet.

Should be over at GTAGarage in the near future, however long that could be. wink.gif

Edit August 22 2009: Free to anyone who wants to fix the remaining bugs to get this in-game.

igloo
  • igloo

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:48 AM

Wow that is great

Murcchachosa
  • Murcchachosa

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:36 PM

Thats a realy nice pickup I ve ever have seen!
No nonsense, thats a great brand car.
Damn, I always been searching to SA modified cars.
Could you make like this for SA?
There is another pickup Rancher but that car looks damn ugly with weird normals
and blackedfaced polies.
I hope you do other cars from GTA.
GTA series really needs some old GTA style modified cars.

SLAYERMAGGOT
  • SLAYERMAGGOT

Stay Wild

• Members

Posted 01 May 2009 - 05:37 PM

Damn, that's really nice and clean modelled smile.gif

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Have you driven a Ford... Lately?

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 17 May 2009 - 03:23 AM

Hey nice work i made one from the FBI rancher and this was my next idea but you bet to it nice work My FBI One

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users