Photo

[BETA | IV | WIP]Taxi Missions

85 replies to this topic
AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:54 PM

1) Which bugs did you find with the mod?
I didn't really notice any. The first person I picked up got in the car and started screaming and got back out. Maybe I bumped another car or something.

2) What do you like about the mod, what do you dislike about the mod?
I like being able to experience the city differently using this mod + the first-person mod and driving with the other traffic. But when I do that the tip bar always runs out.

3) What suggestions do you have about the mod?
A mix of short, medium, and long routes would be good. Maybe if possible have the destination, how many miles the trip will be, and the fare (not including tip) displayed when you stop near the ped, and you can wait for a moment for them to get in or you can be a dick and drive away and only drive routes of the length you want.

4) What do you think of the tip bar? Is it going too fast? Too slow?
Too fast for me.

5) What kind of bonuses do you recommend? (These will be activated when a player reaches, for example, 50 taxi missions. Example: nitro for all cabs)
Bonuses would be cool but I can't think of any and I wouldn't really use the nitro.

6) What do you think of the display elements of the mod?
They are good. If it were possible to have a yellow mission arrow instead of a red light at the destination I'd request that. But I hear it's not.

7) Do you see the text/bars flickering?
No.

8) Does this mod have any problems when used with any other mods?
Not that I've noticed.

glenn52
  • glenn52

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2009 - 09:39 AM

A passenger too far from the kerb wouldn't come near the cab. I couldn't move closer due to peds everywhere - without making an ass of myself... Before I got that sorted the original owner of the cab repossessed it blush.gif

Good mod, takes me back to taxi days in Mafia.

Fare/meter as in game taxi's.

Ok, maybe bit fast some routes if you want to obey all red lights.

5) What kind of bonuses do you recommend? (These will be activated when a player reaches, for example, 50 taxi missions. Example: nitro for all cabs)
Classier pickups, bigger tip $$$'s

The red destination icon is ugly.

7) Do you see the text/bars flickering?
No.

Not with xliveless & Dualcore's trainer I had running at same time.

glenn52.com

MagnAn
  • MagnAn

Trick

• Members

Posted 05 May 2009 - 11:51 AM

None!

Takes me back to SA! Tip bar.

Select borough, e.g. stay in Alderney, use whole city.

Little too fast.

Stretch cabs.

Nice, maybe some arrows at destination marker.
Text looks nice

7) Do you see the text / bars flickering ?
No

7a) If you see any flickering, can you please write your system specs?

No, xliveless, 1.0.1.0 and a ton of asi scripts, no problem.

Great mod!

-Bone-
  • -Bone-

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:06 PM

Taxi mod works very well, no problems or bugs after about 20 missions, works with other mods too.

The tip bar is very good. But you have to be really quick to get good tips. My suggestion would be a combined time, speed and damage bar. Bar going down obviously with time, but slowing down when you reach a certain speed. Also tip bar could dramatically drop if you cause accident. So you'd be forced to do it quick, at high speed, without crash. I'd mix up long and short routes.

HELITAXI?

When you make the mod, can you select which vehicle should the script work with? If so, can you make helicopter taxi, for example using the Heltours Maverick, or all Maverick types? It would be cool to transport people from rooftops/streets/helipads to other similar locations. Can u try making an air taxi version, sir? cool.gif

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:38 AM

QUOTE (-Bone- @ May 6 2009, 16:06)
HELITAXI?

When you make the mod, can you select which vehicle should the script work with? If so, can you make helicopter taxi, for example using the Heltours Maverick, or all Maverick types? It would be cool to transport people from rooftops/streets/helipads to other similar locations. Can u try making an air taxi version, sir? cool.gif

A limousine would be interesting as well.

Hergonan
  • Hergonan

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:44 AM

A CAT IS FINE TOO
in other news, my exams will finish in the end of may.
after then, there shall be time.

-Bone-
  • -Bone-

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:59 AM

QUOTE (Hergonan @ May 7 2009, 04:44)
A CAT IS FINE TOO

Good luck with them. But changing the cab to helicopter in the script... is it possible at all?

Dvt-MedShot
  • Dvt-MedShot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 May 2009 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (-Bone- @ May 7 2009, 09:59)
QUOTE (Hergonan @ May 7 2009, 04:44)
A CAT IS FINE TOO

Good luck with them. But changing the cab to helicopter in the script... is it possible at all?

I think it is. Because a helicopter is also just a vehicle...

Wethospu
  • Wethospu

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:17 AM

Not really bugs but was bit funny when I hit a bike and that passenger wanted to be my customer.

Mod looks reallly cool. And is nice addition to the game. However, there are some things which could be improved.

Slow down tip bar but make other things affect such as car status, performace (hitting reduces it), wanted stars, etc..
Also, tip should be a lot more because for real we drive A LOT faster than normal Taxis.
There also could be multipassenger missions. Or even some kind of special missions with higher rewards.
And at last, leaving vehicle shouldn't immediteally stop taxi. Maybe allow like 30 seconds. smile.gif

Check 3)

No ideas so far

It looked nice. That target area looked bit weird though.

Nope

Nope

No clue as I only used this mod

nick-marone
  • nick-marone

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 May 2009 - 05:29 AM

I got an error endeckt.

In Mission 26 wants to be a type into the sea. I could not go there.

Is that correct? confused.gif confused.gif confused.gif confused.gif confused.gif confused.gif

user posted image

Hergonan
  • Hergonan

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 May 2009 - 09:08 AM

It's a bug of course, will be fixed.
Btw, all missions are randomised tounge.gif

Little Psycho
  • Little Psycho

Unofficial supporter of ms.cooldude mods, lolz

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 May 2009 - 04:08 PM

) Which bugs did you find with the mod?
None
I like the fact it brings another way to earn money, I don't like the TIP bar, could you do the system similar to VC's one?

If you are gonna tip bar stay, make it go down slower and don't make it go down with the damaging car, and also make some customers want to follow cars instead of going to some place, and that's all.
It's going too fast and I don't like it at all.

Cabs for free, and luxury cabs. (instead of cabbies and taxis coming they are congoscietis and limo)

Everythang is nice.

Nope

Nope

Nope.

Sillyhed2000
  • Sillyhed2000

Every time you try to small-talk me on MSN I will kill a puppy.

• Members

Posted 16 May 2009 - 10:40 PM

Great work - just about to give it a go now.
When you're finished with taxis, you should definately think about adding a timer to police missions and making them consecutive, GTA3 style. The police missions have no sense of urgency to them without it. I totally don't understand why they removed so many loved side-missions.

Rawmeat
  • Rawmeat

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:39 AM Edited by Rawmeat, 18 May 2009 - 04:43 AM.

Hey, great mod! I have some ideas.

1. Make some kind of boat-mod to make use of the beautiful water. Like a taxi-boat or tourist-boat or maybe vigilante boat-missions?

2. Assassin mod, having to go to different locations and assassinate a specific target.

Crap, i forgot the 3rd idea i had smile.gif Anyway it's a great mod iv'e had no bugs at all.

Edit:

3. A truck driver mod transporting goods to different locations.

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 21 May 2009 - 03:47 PM

I haven't found any bug, but as I said the only thing that I miss is the taxi sign's lights turning off when a ped enters my taxi. It's a bit strange to see it still on, when the taxi is occupied. wink.gif
Really great mod. This really increases my fun-o-meter in SP cookie.gif

lilmcnessy
  • lilmcnessy

FenderCore

• Members

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:35 AM Edited by lilmcnessy, 26 May 2009 - 04:42 AM.

Taxi light stays on when not on mission and red gps marker to show direction to pay and spray when your car damages can stay there when your not on a mission until you change or repair your taxi
I dont like the distance traveled for each passenger, too long and should be randomised, Tip bar goes fast
Tip bar should go very, very slowly for time it takes but should go down fast when you have police, crash or recklessly driving
I think the passenger should either refuse to pay or pay little for a police cahse or start screaming and jump out when you slow down
You should make limousine taxi where your client calls you, you pick them up then drop them somewhere for a very expensive price
Too fast
People should pay extra money because they think your best in town
Good
No
N/A (I don't have a good graphics card but i didn't see any flickering)
No, i have quite a few mods but no problems

WolvenWolf
  • WolvenWolf

OMG They killed Kenny!

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 04:37 AM

Tested on May 25th.

Nothing serious. The text with the "fare complete" stuff is a little narrow, and i think it gives more money than what it shows: i mean i completed a fare with tip bonus and the text said "fare 37$, tip 11$" and the upper line with nš of missions completed and money earned said i'd won 120$ (wich is good xD). And when you damage the car too much and the waypoint to p&s appears, it remains there even if you leave the taxi and go around... The only way i found to remove the waypoint was robbing another taxi and start a new mission.

2) What do you like about the mod, what do you dislike about the mod? Its a cool mod. Just like SA or VC.

I guess you could add something like "follow that car!" passenger. It would be different than the regular passenger drops. sigh.gif
Or, a better idea, randomly you get some dude on your cab who is suddenly chased by armed hitmen and they start shooting your taxi, more like a "get me outta here, lose those cops/goons" mission and you get more money than usual if you make it. If i think of anything else i'll let you know. OFFTOPIC: if taxi missions are possible, maybe ambulance missions too right?

4) What do you think of the tip bar? Is it going too fast? Too slow? It's ok.

Mm, like somebody said already, a tuned taxi or a heli taxi, or (my idea) taxis that can be driven on water.

Good bars. As i said before, i think the "fare completed" text is a little narrow, but again, it's nothing serious.

7) Do you see the text / bars flickering ? No.
8) Does this mod have any problems when used with any other mods? No, and i have plenty.

Dhatz
  • Dhatz

editor of GTA.CZ/GTA4

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 06:52 AM

i haven't played this mod, but i have a lot of great ideas you could build in:

taxameter that would count distance and possibility to install "turbo" for it.
only richer people would pay tips and only some missions with time limits+tips.
cars should have less performance when beaten up.
passangers entering exitting other taxis than yours and you'd have to get to the customer first/closer to chose you.
people calling taxi companies with mobiles(and Niko could call the casual taxi service too)
different missions than taxi only, make it transport mod with boats and trucks.
enable occasional drugs transport with trucks(would require 60 taxi missions completed for own company and some gang would text you the offer), reward of 1000$ if we complete it, or 5 gang cars going to attack us if we destroy it/give it to police(that would result in 200$ reward).
add drunk passangers and smokers.
somebody might get a call/text and then he changes destination(only for taxi missions).
groups of passangers.(I would add this first, as I as said i don't know whether the mod does already contain this)
taxi light switching, maybe autoswitching(we know that trainer 3.5 has it, if you don't know then maybe ask the author or it).
bonusses would be cars with decreased damage multipliers, then rich customers calling us and luxurious cars as for top level transporter.
no nitro until someone makes proper nitro mod with visual effect.
resprays should work as usual, even with customer(s).

Acheron538
  • Acheron538

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:58 AM

Things I would like to see:

Some kind of distance limiter - Like, limit taxi rides to one island away, so I don't go from North Alderny to Hove Beach because I want to keep up my number of customers in a row.

Regular cab trips would be marked with a yellow dot. Having different markers for passengers would let players pick and choose which missions they want to do.

Rescue missions [red dot passenger] - You pick someone up and immediately you start getting attacked with the objective being to get away. Huge tips depending on the condition of the cab/passenger.

Follow that car! [blue dot passenger] - You are given a vehicle to follow, and destroy, or just follow from point A to B in a car chase. Bigger tip the faster you destroy the car [if told to destroy it]

An ability to eject a passenger [say a destination glitches and ends up on the side of a building which happened to me once or twice], and you don't want to lose your passenger streak.

Tip bar needs to be slowed down but needs to lose more for hitting people, and getting in wrecks.

Fischkopf
  • Fischkopf

Admin

• Members

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:41 PM

please make police, abulance and iceman missions too^^

lilmcnessy
  • lilmcnessy

FenderCore

• Members

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:31 AM

QUOTE (Fischkopf @ May 28 2009, 09:41)

there are already police missions ingame

Little Psycho
  • Little Psycho

Unofficial supporter of ms.cooldude mods, lolz

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE (lilmcnessy @ May 28 2009, 10:31)
QUOTE (Fischkopf @ May 28 2009, 09:41)

there are already police missions ingame

They suck and you have no profit from it.

DHoff
  • DHoff

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:32 AM

QUOTE (Fischkopf @ May 27 2009, 16:41)

I would love to see icecream man missions lol. I think it would be fun and add my throwable icecream cone mod.

On topic: Any progress on this great mod?

Zefra
  • Zefra

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE (Little Psycho @ May 28 2009, 13:18)
They suck and you have no profit from it.

Actually the people on the most wanted list drop cash, their guards don't.

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:08 PM

I don't think that idea is good, where you have to save the ped from an attacker... I mean what taxi driver let's his car being shot at. But the "follow that car" type passenger idea is cool. Only bug is that the taxi sign doesn't turn off when a passenger enters the car, it stays on...

r3df0x
  • r3df0x

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 June 2009 - 10:17 AM

Only one til now: The spot at Guantanamo Ave is ON the building. I wasn't able to complete the job.

No dislikes... totally love it! biggrin.gif

Move the text messages of money and customers the upper left corner.
Maybe delete the alltime messages like "Search for another customer" ... i think everyone should know that^^ (give it a countdown... like 30 seconds without customer... show message)

I have driven long way and it fits... IF you drive like hell!^^
Some folks... like me.... like the very-smooth-driving-stopping-at-every-redlight method. And then the tip bar is to slow...
Maybe an random option, like Niko has (drive normal or push the driver to get the hell outa here^^) would be nice.

Just wanna drive... biggrin.gif

See above...

Nope

-

Nope

After all: Veeeeeeeeery nice Mod!
Can't wait for the final! biggrin.gif

Illousion
  • Illousion

Over the hills and far away

• The Connection

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:47 AM

BUMP

This may all be easier said than done, but if you could make this compatible with the 1.0.4.0 patch and make it usable in multiplayer, that would be wonderful. smile.gif

lilmcnessy
  • lilmcnessy

FenderCore

• Members

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:26 AM

QUOTE (Illousion @ Jul 1 2009, 20:47)
BUMP

This may all be easier said than done, but if you could make this compatible with the 1.0.4.0 patch and make it usable in multiplayer, that would be wonderful. smile.gif

It should already be compatable

FunGt
  • FunGt

GTA-Modding.com

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE (Illousion @ Jul 1 2009, 09:47)
BUMP

It already works, I tested it. You just need the new scripthook.

Illousion
  • Illousion

Over the hills and far away

• The Connection

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:10 AM

I should really get up from underneath that rock lol.gif
Thank you, guys smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users