Quantcast

» «
Photo

New WINDOWS LIVE update

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
596 replies to this topic

Poll: How has the WINDOWS LIVE update affected your GTA 4 ? (381 member(s) have cast votes)

How has the WINDOWS LIVE update affected your GTA 4 ?

1. No change it was fine before the update and is fine now (26 votes [9.56%])

Percentage of vote: 9.56%

2. The game was running fine before the update and is now stuttering (187 votes [68.75%])

Percentage of vote: 68.75%

3. I suffered stuttering before the update and now it is worse (24 votes [8.82%])

Percentage of vote: 8.82%

4. I suffered stuttering before the update and nothing has changed (9 votes [3.31%])

Percentage of vote: 3.31%

5. I didn't download the patch because I was using xliveless (26 votes [9.56%])

Percentage of vote: 9.56%

Vote
richiespeed13
  • richiespeed13

Live for the Nordschleife...

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:30 PM

Kvic, agreed. They have no control over what you do on pc, none at all. But on a console, you are under their control 100%. I guess thats what they want, control...

Terexes
  • Terexes

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:32 PM

Thanks MS !

I am going to sell my disk to someone eles , stupid game won't even load now .
bunch of jerks can't handle on game .

MagnAn
  • MagnAn

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (Ardbug @ Apr 21 2009, 12:00)
Yeah M$ really made an enemy of me with this scam of a plugin, Im going out of my way to make sure I send as little money their way as possible now, and Im DEFINITELY never buying another game with with this GFWL crap on it.

I use xliveless, so no problems.
btw, for example empire total war has gfwl, never had to deal with it from installation to completion.

IronFixXxeR
  • IronFixXxeR

Texan

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:42 PM

Pretty lame that with 1 patch they can ruin a game for us. I ONLY play online so until they fix this I am screwed.

If we make enough noise they might revert back to the old version or get to working on a solution quickly.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:45 PM

btw, for example empire total war has gfwl

No, Empire TW has GfW and nothing with Live.

Terexes
  • Terexes

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:07 PM

THE GAME WON'T LOAD THE MENUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
f*ckING MS PIECE OF sh*t

DAV1D90
  • DAV1D90

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:10 PM

OK I reinstalled my game, patched to 1.0.1 version, now I am using xliveless and it works fine...

So mine previous stuttering problem causing stupid 1.0.3 patch. Well done R*

Freezing and FPS problem causing Xlive update. Well done M$.

Now I can play GTA IV without problems. (but I cant change settings of reflections and shadows, wich adds patch 1.0.2. - this patch causing dissapiering of some objects, patch 1.0.3. - this patch causing stupid stuttering problem and finally working scrolling banners).

Loste
  • Loste

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (Tompelo @ Apr 21 2009, 14:22)
Well, nice job MS....

Firstly, my game freezes for like 1.5 seconds every now and then and it's really annoying.
Secondly, whenever there is even a slight height difference in the terrain, Niko starts floating.
Thirdly, the menu takes ages to load.

First I thought it was some of my mods, but then I deleted all of them. No change.

Hope this get's fixed soon.

Same thing here mad.gif

Nice M$ suicidal.gif

ZHEKAISNEO
  • ZHEKAISNEO

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:24 PM

This update is not for the game, it's for LIVE. Installed it in few minutes, but holy cr@p... The game now freezes for about 0.02 second. All my mods are working. Waiting for a tweak or fix

Ardbug
  • Ardbug

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (Street Mix @ Apr 21 2009, 14:45)

Yeah correct, fallout 3 has it though, and they even managed to stink up that game too, you can only buy the expansions through the GFWL client, needless to say I havent played any of the expansions even though I considder fallout 3 the best game of 2008, Im not shopping M$ no more, and Im the kind of guy who buy at least 2 new games each month, I have 60+ games on steam alone, but I wouldnt buy an expansion through GFWL even if it only cost a dollar, I guess they managed to piss me off good.

Dcrysis02
  • Dcrysis02

The Stronger One

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE (Ardbug @ Apr 21 2009, 15:25)
QUOTE (Street Mix @ Apr 21 2009, 14:45)

Yeah correct, fallout 3 has it though, and they even managed to stink up that game too, you can only buy the expansions through the GFWL client, needless to say I havent played any of the expansions even though I considder fallout 3 the best game of 2008, Im not shopping M$ no more, and Im the kind of guy who buy at least 2 new games each month, I have 60+ games on steam alone, but I wouldnt buy an expansion through GFWL even if it only cost a dollar, I guess they managed to piss me off good.

Wait a second....that means i can't download any DLC's for FallOut 3. cry.gif My FallOut 3 is the Hungarian version(subtitles)but it does not have GFWL.....oh ****.I'm selling it and buying an English version.Goddamn it.

Tompelo
  • Tompelo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:45 PM

Oh hi Microsoft!

user posted image

i_speel_good
  • i_speel_good

My nick's short is Speel.

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (LordRhyme @ Apr 21 2009, 13:42)
for f*cks sake im trying to download the update from the ingame sh*t and it takes like a f*cking year R* sucks....

QUOTE (richiespeed13)

This piece of crap has ruined everything. Constant stuttering, low fps, everything runs sh*t. I have had nothing but problems since i got gta for my pc, i cant even start the game without minimizing at the copyright text, exiting some stupid boxing asking to access protected items, then un minimizing the game and waiting a minute for the menu to load. This is terrible.

As for all you who think microsoft are trying to turn us to xbox's, why would they want to do that? Microsoft is windows, and there is MUCH more money to be taken from pc's then there ever will be on consoles.

Everywhere i look in these forums i see nothing but people having issues with the game. How could any developer release such an unfinished piece of crap, especially when they released so far after the consoles release date.

It's just such a shame, because the game is good, but it gets ruined by this sort of rubbish. How can a game be optimized so badly!!!!!

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ROCKSTAR

IT'S AN UPDATE TO WINDOWS LIVE BY MICROSOFT

Seriously

shandude90
  • shandude90

M4 Killa

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:49 PM Edited by shandude90, 21 April 2009 - 03:53 PM.

MicroP*nis has managed to f*ck these game to a level that is as bad as it can get sneaky2.gif . The SP is suffering with stutters every 2-3 secs and theres is an average FPS drop f 3-5 FPS in many places.
Howver, in MP there is no stutering issue. colgate.gif FPS drop is lower there too; about 1-2 FPS.

3volution
  • 3volution

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (i_speel_good @ Apr 21 2009, 15:47)
for f*cks sake im trying to download the update from the ingame sh*t and it takes like a f*cking year R* sucks....

QUOTE (richiespeed13)

This piece of crap has ruined everything. Constant stuttering, low fps, everything runs sh*t. I have had nothing but problems since i got gta for my pc, i cant even start the game without minimizing at the copyright text, exiting some stupid boxing asking to access protected items, then un minimizing the game and waiting a minute for the menu to load. This is terrible.

As for all you who think microsoft are trying to turn us to xbox's, why would they want to do that? Microsoft is windows, and there is MUCH more money to be taken from pc's then there ever will be on consoles.

Everywhere i look in these forums i see nothing but people having issues with the game. How could any developer release such an unfinished piece of crap, especially when they released so far after the consoles release date.

It's just such a shame, because the game is good, but it gets ruined by this sort of rubbish. How can a game be optimized so badly!!!!!

Seriously

Thats right but why the hell do i have such problems now and the game freezes at the screen where you connect to WindowsLive?

i_speel_good
  • i_speel_good

My nick's short is Speel.

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE (3volution @ Apr 21 2009, 17:58)

QUOTE (richiespeed13)

Seriously

Thats right but why the hell do i have such problems now and the game freezes at the screen where you connect to WindowsLive?

...............Because Microsoft f*cked up?
You don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure THAT out.

Ardbug
  • Ardbug

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (shandude90 @ Apr 21 2009, 15:49)
in MP there is no stutering issue ....

Hehe no thats because there are no players left, the lack of anti cheat pretty much eliminated the online population, with no population they dont need to work on fixing it, and with no population they save a buttload of cash on server bandwidth, win win smile.gif

Hydro_PT
  • Hydro_PT

THE S.T.A.L.KE.R.

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:06 PM

Lol this is so stupid that it makes me laugh. Now is Microsoft turn to f*ck up the game? Well... I think I'll stick on SP with patch 1.0.3.0 and NO UPDATE.

I'm not even going to try it... all of you are saying it's making the game pretty much unplayable, so I'll happily keep playing without using GFWL. devil.gif

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:10 PM

I know people are angry on here and yes it is annoying but can we tone it down a bit. There is obviously a problem with this update and we can help by keeping our posts here factual and honest without all the flaming.

Terexes
  • Terexes

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:14 PM

BUT HELPPP I CAN'T LOAD THE MENU GOD f*ckING DAMMIT

richiespeed13
  • richiespeed13

Live for the Nordschleife...

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE (richiespeed13)

Seriously

Oh no, don't get me wrong i know this particular problem is not R*, but all the problems before it are. I could handle the problems before this, but now i just can't be bothered. Gaming is meant be for enjoyment, all i have got out of this is frustration.

I'm sure it will be fixed, but this sort of crap just isn't acceptable.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:23 PM

WEIRD.
Just played a few MP matches (Race, TDM (~12 players)). Like shandude90 said, GTA IV runs fine in MP but not in SP. I didn't have any FPS drop and lags.

Returned to SP - welcome back freezing and stuttering.

mercie_blink.gif

livilaNic
  • livilaNic

Got Milf?

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:25 PM Edited by livilaNic, 21 April 2009 - 10:23 PM.

Went smooth for me. Didn't notice any change in game either. Heh...

EDIT: Noticed later that I was getting stuttering. It's not random either. It's like every 3-5 sec's. suicidal.gif Wasn't getting stuttering until the update.

IronFixXxeR
  • IronFixXxeR

Texan

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE (Street Mix @ Apr 21 2009, 16:23)
WEIRD.
Just played a few MP matches (Race, TDM (~12 players)). Like shandude90 said, GTA IV runs fine in MP but not in SP. I didn't have any FPS drop and lags.

mercie_blink.gif

Awesome. Glad to hear multiplayer is still good!

Jc84144
  • Jc84144

Prankster

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (Terexes @ Apr 21 2009, 16:14)
BUT HELPPP I CAN'T LOAD THE MENU GOD f*ckING DAMMIT

Same here. Glad to say though, reinstalling has fixed it. Apart from now, I get lots of stuttering in single player, however, strangely, there appears to be none of this in multilayer(and I tested it in a game with 20 people), and since I only play it for multilayer these days, there is no issue for me any more.

I'm still not very happy about the whole situation though, from now on I'll have to put xliveless in the GTA directory if I ever fancy a bit of single player, then remove it when I want to play multiplayer. confused.gif I hope Microsoft fixes this soon, and there had better be an apology at the least. mad.gif

TheGreyWolf
  • TheGreyWolf

Veni Vidi Vici!

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:28 PM

This is just not normal. So Microsoft releases an update for GFWL without testing it with at least a couple of games like GTA IV?? icon13.gif And why didnt the guys at Rockstar just take the time to test these updates and patches, because with almost every new patch (except 1.0.1) or updates, new problems occur. icon13.gif Thats bullsh*t. We have bought the game and we want a games that works. JUST THE GAME. No extra annoying programs.
Ok GFWL is nice for online play, but HOW could it crash every GTA IV game without beign tested at Rockstar. so there is bad co-operation between those two. icon13.gif

WE, THE BUYERS OF THIS GREAT(!) GAME WANT A WORKING GAME. THATS ALL. No extra fshizzle biggrin.gif

Just make a patch, i dont care how long its gonna take,i just want my (working) game back...

Now. ive already said in my previous post that my game totally froze on the second island, now thanks to this great update from MS. the game is now unplayable suicidal.gif

Dcrysis02
  • Dcrysis02

The Stronger One

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE (IronFixXxeR @ Apr 21 2009, 16:26)
WEIRD.

mercie_blink.gif

Still good?Cheaters all over the place and that's still good?Now really... dozingoff.gif

shandude90
  • shandude90

M4 Killa

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (Ardbug @ Apr 21 2009, 16:05)
QUOTE (shandude90 @ Apr 21 2009, 15:49)
in MP there is no stutering issue ....

Hehe no thats because there are no players left, the lack of anti cheat pretty much eliminated the online population, with no population they dont need to work on fixing it, and with no population they save a buttload of cash on server bandwidth, win win smile.gif

Well, there aint shortage of players in Player matches.
I tried playing on 3 servers (1DM - 8 PPL, 1TDM-14PPl, 1Race-5PPL) and there were no stuttering issues.

**Just noticed Street Mix's post, atleast MP is bug free. smile.gif

Jc84144
  • Jc84144

Prankster

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (Dcrysis02 @ Apr 21 2009, 16:29)
QUOTE (IronFixXxeR @ Apr 21 2009, 16:26)
WEIRD.

mercie_blink.gif

Still good?Cheaters all over the place and that's still good?Now really... dozingoff.gif

Ever thought of getting yourself some friends, and using that "create match" feature rolleyes.gif

I've found it to be a very effective way to have great fun matches on multiplayer, without cheaters ruining the game. Just make sure you aren't friends with any cheaters. smile.gif

IronFixXxeR
  • IronFixXxeR

Texan

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:32 PM

People complain a lot about cheaters but is you play ranked matches, there are far far less. Quite often I go an entire day 5pm-10pm~ without seeing a single one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users