Quantcast

» «
Photo

New WINDOWS LIVE update

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
596 replies to this topic

Poll: How has the WINDOWS LIVE update affected your GTA 4 ? (381 member(s) have cast votes)

How has the WINDOWS LIVE update affected your GTA 4 ?

1. No change it was fine before the update and is fine now (26 votes [9.56%])

Percentage of vote: 9.56%

2. The game was running fine before the update and is now stuttering (187 votes [68.75%])

Percentage of vote: 68.75%

3. I suffered stuttering before the update and now it is worse (24 votes [8.82%])

Percentage of vote: 8.82%

4. I suffered stuttering before the update and nothing has changed (9 votes [3.31%])

Percentage of vote: 3.31%

5. I didn't download the patch because I was using xliveless (26 votes [9.56%])

Percentage of vote: 9.56%

Vote
DAV1D90
  • DAV1D90

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 12:46 PM

I bought game and I have problems with that stupid patches, GFWL, RGSC. Since patch 1.0.3 I have problem with stuttering wich i never had before and now that stupid freezings due to GFWL update and half FPS. THANKS

Apo-TTCC
  • Apo-TTCC

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (Scorpus @ Apr 21 2009, 14:45)
QUOTE (Apo-TTCC @ Apr 21 2009, 12:37)
QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Apr 21 2009, 13:41)
I've changed the title of the topic to prevent confusion, this obviously isn't an update to GTA 4 but an update to windows live.  I have to say I am not impressed with this, I had the game running beautifully and now I have pretty bad stuttering.  I am beginning to wonder if the real culprit for all the problems that people are having is actually down to games for windows live.

Ah well I guess the first mod I ever use will be the xliveless mod.

I've already posted this last year. In one review they said there was no GFWL or RSGSC needed to play, just the one time activation. They had no performance issues at all like most of the people with the retail version later.

But if xliveless stops GFWL and RSGSC properly (which it seems to) then shouldn't we be getting better performance, because I don't

Or does xliveless just bypass without actually stopping them properly?

Just noticed that and guessed, since they had no problems without them, it might be the two programms that are causing some kind of problems. Compared to their (p)review version that did not have GFWL and RSGSC.

Terexes
  • Terexes

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:02 PM

same here the patch won't download anything ?
why they are so mean to us ? at least they can tell if there is a long patch to download ?
why do we need to be confused so much dammit .

Dcrysis02
  • Dcrysis02

The Stronger One

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE (copperwire93 @ Apr 21 2009, 12:33)
So MS just messed up GTA IV only, my Fallout 3, Warhammer 40k DoW 2 still runs fine. They better not mess with Fallout 3 when new DLC comes.

OFF:Hey,Copper,wanna do a co-op match later on in DoWII?

ON:I was at work so i guess this update is a pile of **** with GTAIV.They didn't test it probably with the game.Relic posted a message on their boards that an update will occur this day,and that no issues were found with DoWII,so it got a green light.R* and M$ ignored GTAIV?

Zanantic
  • Zanantic

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:20 PM

gta4 stutters like a dying dog now

OabAli
  • OabAli

Apesh*t

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:26 PM

Haven't played GTA IV for a couple of days, and based on all ur responses, I'll be damned if I'm going to start playing it again, in order to avoid this craptacular "update" of Microsh*t's Games for Windows Live. angry.gif suicidal.gif

Just hope that things don't get any worse than they are now...

Apo-TTCC
  • Apo-TTCC

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:28 PM

Pretty weired that M$ needs like one week to check if a GTA IV patch is up to their standards but on the other hand they totally mess the game up with their own GFWL client and did not notice/care about it... dozingoff.gif

MadManForever
  • MadManForever

MadnessRussia

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:31 PM

F@CK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sh*t !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
M@cR@SHlT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
in HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cant Play Now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can Somebody Post to MicroSHlT about This SHlT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After R* patch we try to play better... ...and again another SHlT.... How Much SHlT we wait more??????????????????????????

TheGreyWolf
  • TheGreyWolf

Veni Vidi Vici!

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:32 PM

Hi,

I have same problem like you guys. Yesterday i had a problem with GTA IV, when i went to the second big island (with manhattan), my vga card temp got up to 80+ and the game freeze ( i had to cntrl-alt -dell). on the first island it gets max 70+ also on multiplayer max 70+ so it is playable, but only on bohan and first island.

BUT TODAY, i want to play GTA online and then.
MS live asks to install an update (i think YES! another patch or something that could fix my freeze and temp. problem)

But no, this M$ live update F***ed the whole game. Previously i could play the game on fist island and on multiplayer. But NOW the game stutters and freezes like every 2-3 seconds. I thought my first problem was BAD, but the new problem is WORSE, its even worse then, when i had an older vga card and older cpu. WTF???

By the way these are my pc specs: (maybe someone could help me with my temp isseu and freezing on second island) THANKS

- Cpu: Core 2 Duo E6750 at 2.66 (overclocking doesnt effect gameplay)
- VGA card: Inno3D 8800GT 512mb
- Mobo: ASUS P5B (i think this is causing temp issue)
- Ram: 3.5 GB ram (yeah i know its weird having 3.5 instead of 3 or 4 LOL)

THis is the amount of money i spent to play this game:

8800GT : 70 euro's
CPU Core 2 duo E6750: 100 Euro's
2 GB of ram: 30 euro's
and of course the game itself: 50 F***ing euro's

TOTAL OF: 250 EURO'S FOR A CRAPPY GAME TO only WORK (i had 40 fps average). THIS IS INSANE!!!
AND NOW THIS WEIRD PROBLEM:

How could a live update kill your game, a game which already didnt work really well.

PLZ R*. HEEEEELP

Greetings

Dcrysis02
  • Dcrysis02

The Stronger One

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:35 PM

Well,5 minutes later and the update is running.My machine didn't restart,only DoWII did.Did this update bring anything new besides the stutters in GTAIV?I heard a few new features will be available....

MLVD
  • MLVD

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:42 PM

So what version number are we looking for?

Terexes
  • Terexes

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:42 PM

STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

i didn't get anything of you guys ? what's causing the patch to being a g*y ?

MLVD
  • MLVD

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:44 PM

Here is the download link

http://www.microsoft...24-3394635ecb73

ilponn
  • ilponn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:45 PM Edited by ilponn, 21 April 2009 - 01:48 PM.

well same here stutter stutter stutter , and my game ran fine before this live patch sort it out as ap is there a way to play with out live on , i think this is the problem i have no other problems with anyother game only this crap one .

Not a happy customer icon13.gif is microsoft becoming SOE i THINK so you suck .honestly its not even funny

Rallzor
  • Rallzor

SGFVIDEOS

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Apr 21 2009, 11:41)
I've changed the title of the topic to prevent confusion, this obviously isn't an update to GTA 4 but an update to windows live. I have to say I am not impressed with this, I had the game running beautifully and now I have pretty bad stuttering. I am beginning to wonder if the real culprit for all the problems that people are having is actually down to games for windows live.

Ah well I guess the first mod I ever use will be the xliveless mod.

Can we play online with xliveless mod?

MadManForever
  • MadManForever

MadnessRussia

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:50 PM Edited by Waddy, 21 April 2009 - 02:04 PM.

edited because the poster is an idiot.

Frostshocker
  • Frostshocker

The winter GTA-man

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:51 PM

thanks to this new update i get constant stuttering worse then before and i have lost 5-10 fps depending on time of day

it doesnt seem to stutter on my multiplayer games though but i still have the lower fps in multiplayer.

Scorpus
  • Scorpus

→ → → → → → →

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (Rallzor @ Apr 21 2009, 13:48)
Can we play online with xliveless mod?

I don't think so, but I've never bothered to check sarcasm.gif

checkmateinc
  • checkmateinc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:59 PM

wow thanks M$ for totally f*cken my game up, right when i got it running at 30 fps avarage. come r*, get rid of thei stupid ass GFWL, what a total and complete piece of sh*t. angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

Terexes
  • Terexes

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE (checkmateinc @ Apr 21 2009, 13:59)
wow thanks M$ for totally f*cken my game up, right when i got it running at 30 fps avarage. come r*, get rid of thei stupid ass GFWL, what a total and complete piece of sh*t. angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

stop being silly , i can't even startup the stupid menu !
f*cking microgays piece of sh*ts .

MadManForever
  • MadManForever

MadnessRussia

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:04 PM

My Game Crashed Finally !!!
user posted image

catspider.gif

To there remained only season a pipe and to HACPATb to the box with the game...

p.s. When Somebody can FIX this problem with this M$ patch post me please ...

Now or Never
  • Now or Never

Mr. Sabatini

• Members

Ahhh, you dont have do get the update.Has everyone forgot that?
bored.gif bored.gif bored.gif

richiespeed13
  • richiespeed13

Live for the Nordschleife...

• Members

This piece of crap has ruined everything. Constant stuttering, low fps, everything runs sh*t. I have had nothing but problems since i got gta for my pc, i cant even start the game without minimizing at the copyright text, exiting some stupid boxing asking to access protected items, then un minimizing the game and waiting a minute for the menu to load. This is terrible.

As for all you who think microsoft are trying to turn us to xbox's, why would they want to do that? Microsoft is windows, and there is MUCH more money to be taken from pc's then there ever will be on consoles.

Everywhere i look in these forums i see nothing but people having issues with the game. How could any developer release such an unfinished piece of crap, especially when they released so far after the consoles release date.

It's just such a shame, because the game is good, but it gets ruined by this sort of rubbish. How can a game be optimized so badly!!!!!

Frostshocker
  • Frostshocker

The winter GTA-man

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE (Now or Never @ Apr 21 2009, 14:04)
bored.gif bored.gif bored.gif

in order to play multiplayer yes i do have to get the update...

-jr-
  • -jr-

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:08 PM

Using Windows LIVE was the worst decision to use in this game. suicidal.gif

Now or Never
  • Now or Never

Mr. Sabatini

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE (Frostshocker @ Apr 21 2009, 14:05)
QUOTE (Now or Never @ Apr 21 2009, 14:04)
bored.gif   bored.gif   bored.gif

in order to play multiplayer yes i do have to get the update...

Well than, this is not my kind of a problem, I dont even touch multiplayer, I use xliveless.

PS: you cant play online with xliveless.

Tompelo
  • Tompelo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:22 PM

Well, nice job MS....

Firstly, my game freezes for like 1.5 seconds every now and then and it's really annoying.
Secondly, whenever there is even a slight height difference in the terrain, Niko starts floating.
Thirdly, the menu takes ages to load.

First I thought it was some of my mods, but then I deleted all of them. No change.

Hope this get's fixed soon.

adamcs
  • adamcs

Pixelante

• United-Kingdom

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Apr 21 2009, 12:41)
I have to say I am not impressed with this, I had the game running beautifully and now I have pretty bad stuttering...

Mine was stuttering before this update, and now it's even worse. From December to March I had no problems running this game whatsoever (literally) and now because of the latest patches it's almost unplayable. I've tried using the memstrict commands suggested by Rockstar, but it only makes a slight difference.

Hopefully they get it sorted soon or I'll be forced to downgrade. sad.gif

kvic
  • kvic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (richiespeed13 @ Apr 21 2009, 14:04)
This piece of crap has ruined everything. Constant stuttering, low fps, everything runs sh*t. I have had nothing but problems since i got gta for my pc, i cant even start the game without minimizing at the copyright text, exiting some stupid boxing asking to access protected items, then un minimizing the game and waiting a minute for the menu to load. This is terrible.

As for all you who think microsoft are trying to turn us to xbox's, why would they want to do that? Microsoft is windows, and there is MUCH more money to be taken from pc's then there ever will be on consoles.

Everywhere i look in these forums i see nothing but people having issues with the game. How could any developer release such an unfinished piece of crap, especially when they released so far after the consoles release date.

It's just such a shame, because the game is good, but it gets ruined by this sort of rubbish. How can a game be optimized so badly!!!!!

I own 1 thing of Micro$oft that is my OS now if they want to end pc gaming by buying into companies like Rockstar they can, so they can throw crappy updates like this one at you so you have to install it if you want to play online, they dont care if you use a pc for gaming ,as long as Micro$oft keeps getting bigger and they keep buying up a lot of these gaming companies -YOU WILL USE WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO USE- until getting a simple pc game to work gets you so pissed off you go out and buy one of those gaming systems that's all plug and play and before I do that I will stop gaming all together.

MLVD
  • MLVD

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:30 PM

I'm only getting very little freezes every 10-30 seconds or so (it becomes unnoticeable after a bit) but, I also have the menu thing (takes 10 seconds to load). I think I might be lucky.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users