Quantcast

» «
Photo

New WINDOWS LIVE update

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
596 replies to this topic

Poll: How has the WINDOWS LIVE update affected your GTA 4 ? (381 member(s) have cast votes)

How has the WINDOWS LIVE update affected your GTA 4 ?

1. No change it was fine before the update and is fine now (26 votes [9.56%])

Percentage of vote: 9.56%

2. The game was running fine before the update and is now stuttering (187 votes [68.75%])

Percentage of vote: 68.75%

3. I suffered stuttering before the update and now it is worse (24 votes [8.82%])

Percentage of vote: 8.82%

4. I suffered stuttering before the update and nothing has changed (9 votes [3.31%])

Percentage of vote: 3.31%

5. I didn't download the patch because I was using xliveless (26 votes [9.56%])

Percentage of vote: 9.56%

Vote
Th3 ProphetMan
  • Th3 ProphetMan

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Apr 23 2009, 18:03)
You really don't know your bible very well Dcrysis02 it clearly says :-

QUOTE (Revelation 6:1 - 6:2 -)
"...When the Lamb had opened the first of the seven seals, I heard the first of the four beasts say with a thundering voice, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a white horse; and he that sat on him had an xlive.dll: and there was given unto him a winrar file with the dll, and he departed as a leaver of GFWL and to play GTA 4 with out stuttering."

I know I couldn't resist tounge.gif a bit of light entertainment in these erm "vexing" times shall we say. I don't doubt this issue will get sorted sooner or later. I am just getting impatient like the rest of you, this problem should have been fixed by MS by now.

that was funny biggrin.gif cookie.gif

I'm sorry to be negative though, but i have a bad feeling about this, i wouldn't expect any patch or update in less than a week. I mean, come on, when have they (either R* or MS) surprised us by fixing an issue sooner than we expected? whatsthat.gif

Vanchatron
  • Vanchatron

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Apr 23 2009, 21:16)
QUOTE (Vanchatron @ Apr 23 2009, 22:01)

- Will this prevent me from playing online?  I'm guessing it will.

Yes it will stop you playing online.

- Will I be able to carry on my save game using this mod?

You will have to copy the save game to a new location, you can find more information in the xliveless thread here

- Is it easy to get rid of if and when they release a patch that fixes GFWL?

Yes you just delete the xlive.dll file from your GTA 4 folder and you can use games for windows live again

- Will NOT logging into GFWL not solve this new lag problem?

No staying logged out of GFWL will not solve this new lag problem.

- And finally, is it easy to install?

Installing the xliveless mod is just a case of copying the xlive.dll file to your GTA 4 installation directory that is it.

Thank you very much!

livilaNic
  • livilaNic

Got Milf?

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:31 PM

For me it's not when they get it done. It's I hope they don't let it happen again. All this 3rd party garbage is starting to annoy me. I just want to play the game I enjoy. I don't want/need the bloat. Ugh. Give me the option to disable the sh*t. Freedom of choice! sh*t like this is making me think twice about gaming. Really sucks. I love gaming. suicidal.gif

Xycotta
  • Xycotta

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:31 PM

I agree with you. I have written to Rockstar, because even if this is a problem from Microsoft, it is responsibility of Rockstar as well. Rockstar has decided to introduce Windows Live in the Game, so they have to be interested in the right working of Windows Live because the GTA gameplaying depends on it.
I want my money back!!!!
Best regards.

PS: I have also noticed that since the last GTA patch it was not working as well as before. When raining (in the game, of course wink.gif ) it run slower.

Maluvido
  • Maluvido

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:16 PM

how could rockstar did not come here talk to this forum users about this problem? 3 days now and zero word about the problem from rockstar and zero solution from MS, thatīs not respect the client. I bought 2 copies of this games already, i bought GTA: SA, GTA Vice City and GTA III, and i fell that me and all users has not any respect from they.

If this going to take a week or so, i think that they should come here and talk, cause this eventual solucion it will be no longer "soon enough" and it is time to talk to the custumers.

easterneuropeanjizzbag
  • easterneuropeanjizzbag

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:22 PM

i guess i will have to find something else to do this weekend.

Dingleman
  • Dingleman

SA:LC Mod Leader

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:25 PM Edited by dingleman, 23 April 2009 - 10:27 PM.

I just posted rahkstar2.gif an e-mail..

"Hello.

I am writing this to aware you of what Microsoft have done to your game, for almost everyone.

Before the latest Windows Live patch, I could run the game fine with a stable 30-40 fps with average graphic settings, which I was pleased with. On April 21 I was asked to download the latest Windows Live update and install it in order to proceed playing the game, but what I didn't know what it was going to do to my game.

Since I installed the patch I have gotten an average of 25 fps with very constant stuttering occurring every 3-5 seconds. This is making GTA IV almost unbearable to play in single player, at any setting. This stuttering doesn't happen at all during benchmark tests or multiplayer.

Many have chosen to reinstall GTA IV and use a fan made "Xliveless" patch in order to avoid the update. So it seems having a good quality single player with no multiplayer, or multiplayer with an unplayable single player is the choice right now for GTA IV players.

Here is a topic in a well known forum showing a quantity of people experiencing this issue, its not just a "1% of players problem" situation here, almost everyone has it.

http://www.gtaforums...pic=408280&st=0

Thanks in advance Rockstar Games. Keep up your fine work with all your games!

Dingleman"

xxCrowTechxx
  • xxCrowTechxx

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (easterneuropeanjizzbag @ Apr 23 2009, 22:22)
i guess i will have to find something else to do this weekend.

Nah, the best thing I think....

Come Friday night, no fix - go xliveless. That's my plan anyway. I still worry though, I mean.....break the EULA on a game that requires online activation/deactivation. Uh oh? That would, seriously, be the last f*cking straw.

If this going to take a week or so, i think that they should come here and talk, cause this eventual solucion it will be no longer "soon enough" and it is time to talk to the custumers.

Absolutely, though that could have been done by now with major points for owning it like they should. Honesty counts for so little these days....or does it?

I finally found a reason to buy a console....or, ALL THE CONSOLES. That way I could just put them in a warehouse somewhere and let them f*cking rot. Then, since I'd obviously be rich beyond imagination, I'd buy EVERYONE a PC of their choosing. And that, as they say, would be that!

Waynio
  • Waynio

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:37 PM

Game was running sweet in single player before this terrible winlive update, single player is unplayable now with really bad stuttering, I have already voiced this on winlive forum saying I hope MS fix this mess up within the next day.

dingleman good show mate

TruXter
  • TruXter

retXurT

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:38 PM

Still Nothing?
This is not right.

AdanRyder
  • AdanRyder

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:41 PM

It wont let me play Multiplayer now. Great..

xxCrowTechxx
  • xxCrowTechxx

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (dingleman @ Apr 23 2009, 22:25)
On April 21 I was asked to download the latest Windows Live update and install it in order to proceed playing the game, but what I didn't know what it was going to do to my game.

I wasn't asked biggrin.gif I was slighted. It's different wink.gif

Would it have been worse if this happened on April 20th? I think so....

Waynio
  • Waynio

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:48 PM

I only got the update prompt today, tried installing it while running gta, but said it could not connect, so I exited the game & rssc and downloaded the update manually, after this mess up I think winlive should be finnished and have nothing to do with any other game ever.

Rhazzy
  • Rhazzy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:51 PM

Ok...i want to use the xliveless mod but i dont know how to install it...can anyone tell me how?I mean i saw the xliveless thread but that guy sayz there to take the saved games from %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames\
...well i have no such folder as "savegames" ...so anyone can enlighten me up??

tombcatz
  • tombcatz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:58 PM

damn this is absord.
i wanna play a game bought and i can't

[while people who have pirated copies and never installed the win live updated play it flawlessly]

this is the modern justice huh.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE (Rhazzy @ Apr 24 2009, 00:51)
Ok...i want to use the xliveless mod but i dont know how to install it...can anyone tell me how?I mean i saw the xliveless thread but that guy sayz there to take the saved games from  %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames\
...well i have no such folder as "savegames" ...so anyone can enlighten me up??

The save games can be found in the following places :-

Operating SystemLocation
Windows XP SP3C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames
Windows VistaC:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames
Windows 7C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames

Maluvido
  • Maluvido

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:08 AM

i think is better downgrade the GFW LIVE, use the version before this last one, just download a version before(here in this topic has a link) this new one, delete this crap version and install old one, you can save you game, but you canīt play online, but when they fix, you just need to do the upgrade to the new version that should be fix it.

Rhazzy
  • Rhazzy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:13 AM Edited by Rhazzy, 24 April 2009 - 12:16 AM.

QUOTE (Maluvido @ Apr 24 2009, 00:08)
i think is better downgrade  the GFW LIVE, use the version before this last one, just download a version before(here in this topic has a link) this new one, delete this crap version and install old one, you can save you game, but you canīt play online, but when they fix, you just need to do the upgrade to the new version that should be fix it.

Where is the link to that topic?

P.S. Charlie...i dont have such a folder called Rockstar Games in my App data folder...iam useing xp sp3

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:16 AM

QUOTE (Rhazzy @ Apr 24 2009, 01:13)
Where is the link to that topic?

suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif http://www.gtaforums...entry1059162417

At least put a bit of effort into things rather than expecting to be spoon fed. I am kinda getting sick of repeating everything dozens of times in here because people are too lazy to read the thread.

luceberg
  • luceberg

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:27 AM

QUOTE (Sniperchang @ Apr 22 2009, 23:55)
Hey guys,

I was having the same stuttering problem after updating Games for Windows - Live  angry.gif . I registered on the forum to let you guys know that you can fix it, if you don't mind staying offline.

I'm using windows XP, but hopefully Vista users can do something similar.

Simply uninstall "Microsoft Games for Windows - Live" and "Microsoft Games for Windows - Live Redistributable" using the Add or Remove Programs utility.
Then download and install the older version here: http://www.microsoft...89-181edc57c0e0

Your game should now run as smooth as before  smile.gif . But remember to decline the update request, this will however force you to play offline.

Cheers,

-Sniperchang

Just to reiterate, this is how to revert to the previous xlive. It worked fine for me. It just signs you in offline and you don't get bothered to update all the time.

Rhazzy
  • Rhazzy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:35 AM

Ok ok iam sorry for not searching...but...still i do not have a rockstar games folder in my app data....

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:42 AM

I will check on my PC upstairs in a minute, that one is running win xp, but I am 99.9% sure that's where the files are located. You might want to check the folder options and ensure you have "show all files and folders" ticked.

Rhazzy
  • Rhazzy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Apr 24 2009, 00:42)
I will check on my PC upstairs in a minute, that one is running win xp, but I am 99.9% sure that's where the files are located. You might want to check the folder options and ensure you have "show all files and folders" ticked.

I have the box for "show hidden folders and files" checked on...an ived searched my whole pc with that windows search program and there is no such folder on my pc...and ived just opened the game to see if the game resumes from where
i was last time...and yes it does...so everything seems to be ok...but wtf is GFWL not storeing my saved games files on my pc???

Captain_Obvis456
  • Captain_Obvis456

you're about to be inadequate

• Members

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE (Rhazzy @ Apr 24 2009, 00:35)
Ok ok iam sorry for not searching...but...still i do not have a rockstar games folder in my app data....

Find it like this. Start>My computer>C drive( or whatever HDD you have it on)>Program files>Rockstar Games>GTA 4. Look there.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:55 AM

Ok this is a straight cut and paste from my win xp :-

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Rockstar Games

the files are there. the only thing I can think of is that you are looking here :-

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data

You need to go here :-

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Rockstar Games

Th3 ProphetMan
  • Th3 ProphetMan

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2009 - 01:00 AM

i think we should ask valve to teach MS how to properly support their software and get things ****ing done...

April 21st - Left 4 Dead survival pack released
April 23rd - First patch after survival pack adressing about 10 bugs and exploits

seen here

Maluvido
  • Maluvido

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 April 2009 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE (Th3 ProphetMan @ Apr 24 2009, 01:00)
i think we should ask valve to teach MS how to properly support their software and get things ****ing done...

April 21st - Left 4 Dead survival pack released
April 23rd - First patch after survival pack adressing about 10 bugs and exploits

seen here

thatīs why Steam has hundreds of titles and games for windows LIVE has 20 max.

customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

Functioning alcoholic

• Members

Posted 24 April 2009 - 01:28 AM

QUOTE (Rhazzy @ Apr 24 2009, 00:50)
I will check on my PC upstairs in a minute, that one is running win xp, but I am 99.9% sure that's where the files are located.  You might want to check the folder options and ensure you have "show all files and folders" ticked.

I have the box for "show hidden folders and files" checked on...an ived searched my whole pc with that windows search program and there is no such folder on my pc...and ived just opened the game to see if the game resumes from where
i was last time...and yes it does...so everything seems to be ok...but wtf is GFWL not storeing my saved games files on my pc???

C:\documents/settings> Administrator> Local Settings > Application data> RockStar Games.

To see local settings in your documents and settings folder, you have to go to
Tools>folder options> view. and make sure under "hidden files and folders" its set to "show hidden files and folders. Because "local settings" is a hidden file.

luceberg
  • luceberg

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 24 April 2009 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE (Rhazzy @ Apr 24 2009, 00:50)
I will check on my PC upstairs in a minute, that one is running win xp, but I am 99.9% sure that's where the files are located.  You might want to check the folder options and ensure you have "show all files and folders" ticked.

You might need to uncheck "Hide protected operating system files" in folder options also.

Rhazzy
  • Rhazzy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 April 2009 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Apr 24 2009, 00:55)
Ok this is a straight cut and paste from my win xp :-

the files are there. the only thing I can think of is that you are looking here :-

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data

You need to go here :-

I dont have that folder man!...I dont have Rockstar Games folder anywhere in my pc

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users