Quantcast

» «
Photo

New WINDOWS LIVE update

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
596 replies to this topic

Poll: How has the WINDOWS LIVE update affected your GTA 4 ? (381 member(s) have cast votes)

How has the WINDOWS LIVE update affected your GTA 4 ?

1. No change it was fine before the update and is fine now (26 votes [9.56%])

Percentage of vote: 9.56%

2. The game was running fine before the update and is now stuttering (187 votes [68.75%])

Percentage of vote: 68.75%

3. I suffered stuttering before the update and now it is worse (24 votes [8.82%])

Percentage of vote: 8.82%

4. I suffered stuttering before the update and nothing has changed (9 votes [3.31%])

Percentage of vote: 3.31%

5. I didn't download the patch because I was using xliveless (26 votes [9.56%])

Percentage of vote: 9.56%

Vote
Maluvido
  • Maluvido

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (tombcatz @ Apr 23 2009, 18:39)
what the heck~!!!!

after installing the new LIVE upadate, the game runs like sh*T!!!

the game is stuttering upto 10 times per minute, completely unplayable!!!

and i did not experience this problem before this new live update

HUH!!

welcome to the club dude, you have a lot of material to read and get angry here in this topic, the good news is that they(microsoft) sad that up here, the bad news is: they did not say WHEN they will have a solution, and 3 days is no longer "soon" to me.

CHILLI
  • CHILLI

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:01 PM

sheesh... this might explain why I surprisely lost my wanted 25-30 (40 at times in the middle of cities)framerates! no wonder why it went back to choppy sh*tty 15-20FPS!
and GTA IV isnt alone. I also have FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage, I dont really remember how it ran before the update, but I am surprised that he max FPS is lower. I believe nearly all Live games have gone laggy/choppy/stuttery/unplayable etcetera. you get the deal, right? Microsoft have failed twice now. sh*t... first Vista thinking some games' protection systems are viruses and then the game wont start, DX10 exclusive for Vista, and now THIS! WTF... wait.. that's a 3 time fail.

I'm off ph34r.gif ph34r.gif

tombcatz
  • tombcatz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (Maluvido @ Apr 23 2009, 18:43)
QUOTE (tombcatz @ Apr 23 2009, 18:39)
what the heck~!!!!

after installing the new LIVE upadate, the game runs like sh*T!!!

the game is stuttering upto 10 times per minute, completely unplayable!!!

and i did not experience this problem before this new live update

HUH!!

welcome to the club dude, you have a lot of material to read and get angry here in this topic, the good news is that they(microsoft) sad that up here, the bad news is: they did not say WHEN they will have a solution, and 3 days is no longer "soon" to me.

happy happy joy joy.

just read the GFWL mod post. huh.

he's talking about testing...
oh, yea, did they forget to TEST the upadte before releasing it?

hanli1995
  • hanli1995

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:07 PM

Ok

I installed the patch becuase I thought at least I can do multiplayer but this morning I try starting GTA up and bam, fatal error, please reinstall.
It was working fine on its first run after the patch and now this, I guess I have to reinstall it then.

Its funny though, It stutters in single player but my computer was sh*t enough for it too stutter before the patch so I havent really noticed the increased stuttering much, only the halved frame rate.

luceberg
  • luceberg

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (Arkangel @ Apr 23 2009, 18:41)
just a question, i play SP with my online profile, if i roll back to the previous version of xlive, i will be able to play with no probls(i hopes) but will i be able to save the game or get achievements done?

I have reverted to the previous xlive and yes the games are still saved, not so sure about acheivements, say you were shooting pigeons, would they still be counted? I think so.

Arkangel
  • Arkangel

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (luceberg @ Apr 23 2009, 19:08)
QUOTE (Arkangel @ Apr 23 2009, 18:41)
just a question, i play SP with my online profile, if i roll back to the previous version of xlive, i will be able to play with no probls(i hopes) but will i be able to save the game or get achievements done?

I have reverted to the previous xlive and yes the games are still saved, not so sure about acheivements, say you were shooting pigeons, would they still be counted? I think so.

dunno about achievements, but while disconnected from gfwl i achieved vigilante status for doing 20 sucsssessful police missions, restarted the game and the score is still there ,,,

Cinnober
  • Cinnober

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:28 PM

Ok so Microsoft is aware and working of the problem...very good...but why don´t they release the previously patch again so we can play the game and they can work on the new patch and release it when they have corrected the error(s)???

dontgetit.gif

shaggedout
  • shaggedout

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (LoboFHMod @ Apr 23 2009, 18:00)
Reply  GFWModerator replied on 04-23-2009 12:36 PM
many people working very hard.

This is the bit that got me. Uhm, so yea. Tell us how such a game breaking bug got through testing again.

Failure
  • Failure

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Apr 23 2009, 18:03)
You really don't know your bible very well Dcrysis02 it clearly says :-

QUOTE (Revelation 6:1 - 6:2 -)
"...When the Lamb had opened the first of the seven seals, I heard the first of the four beasts say with a thundering voice, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a white horse; and he that sat on him had an xlive.dll: and there was given unto him a winrar file with the dll, and he departed as a leaver of GFWL and to play GTA 4 with out stuttering."

I know I couldn't resist tounge.gif a bit of light entertainment in these erm "vexing" times shall we say. I don't doubt this issue will get sorted sooner or later. I am just getting impatient like the rest of you, this problem should have been fixed by MS by now.

Thy prophecy is true, thou shalt resolve stuttering!

richiespeed13
  • richiespeed13

Live for the Nordschleife...

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:39 PM

This is why i get pissed of at the GFWL But Lickers. What a pr*ck this guy is.

"This is the first time a Live update has effected any game. So the problems you are having with GTA are RS fault. This how ever is a blunder by both teams. All MS is going to do is try to troubleshoot what is going on with the SP. You cannot compare this game to other GTA's. The Fact is that RS is having a hard time with this game on all platforms. The optimization of the code is not there. Every GTA that has come out has been buggy. RS is not good at building MP games. The track record last year has proven this. The reason I can tell is that they have been patching things in the SP that should of been in the game from the time of it going gold."

Does he know nothing?

"Oh yes, we created a program that completely ruined a game. But its the game developers fault because they didn't look into the future and make sure the game would work with this patch."

Idiots, all of them.

truehighroller
  • truehighroller

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:41 PM

I stopped playing aBOUT A MONTH AGO because of the last patch they came out with. Good thing this insedent might have thrown my heart in to arrest.

DennisBerry
  • DennisBerry

DennisBerry

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:45 PM

THis a a big big shame.
using a XFX 9800gtx+ running fine before this update on patch 3.
WTF they changed GFWL SO badly. devil.gif
Bad and bad work that they did do there.
Why they do not test it until it isn't stuttering anymore !!!

Specs:
XFX 9800gtx+
Intel dual core 3,15GHZ
1 TB space
Windows vista

FenixDelta753
  • FenixDelta753

Can't beat GTA2...

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:56 PM

What is MS thinking? If they haven't realized what they have done by now then they must either never check their email or are constantly on holiday. It doesn't take much for them to say, O we f**ked up and now you can use the old GFWL client.

Jammerious
  • Jammerious

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:59 PM Edited by Jammerious, 23 April 2009 - 08:01 PM.

I like the whole GFWL idea, however MS as usual being detached from reality completely ruins it.
Achievements motivate me to play and "score", I love the friends thing, how you can track and invite people etc. With GFWL the game devs have less work to do around these kind of things (which should make resources available to make a proper multiplayer game model, unlike GTAIV!).
However (putting this recent screw-up aside), there are also other issues that overall weight in favor of Nay rather than Yay. So I am with you my brothers in game smile.gif

FenixDelta753
  • FenixDelta753

Can't beat GTA2...

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (Jammerious @ Apr 23 2009, 19:59)
I like the whole GFWL idea, however MS as usual being detached from reality completely ruins it.
Achievements motivate me to play and "score", I love the friends thing, how you can track and invite people etc. With GFWL the game devs have less work to do around these kind of things (which should make resources available to make a proper multiplayer game model!).
However (putting this recent screw-up aside), there are also other issues that overall weight in favor of Nay rather than Yay. smile.gif

I completely agree with you, Why can't MS just let us use the older version. They better be working on a fix, because if they're not, R* should sue them.

Maluvido
  • Maluvido

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:21 PM

i just reroll my version of GFW LIVE and will play offline with older version and i can use my save games as well, till they fix this.

Koldorak_GO
  • Koldorak_GO

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:22 PM

If we want them to do something quickly about this, we have to bomb them with lots of emails. Lets turn on the pressure a bit higher. Let them know A LOT of people are having these problems. Use these contact forms to send your complains to them:

Windows:

http://support.micro...sistance&c1=509

Rockstar:

http://support.rocks...2/seo/emailPage

Dcrysis02
  • Dcrysis02

The Stronger One

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (Jammerious @ Apr 23 2009, 19:59)
Achievements motivate me to play and "score", I love the friends thing, how you can track and invite people etc. With GFWL the game devs have less work to do around these kind of things (which should make resources available to make a proper multiplayer game model, unlike GTAIV!).
However (putting this recent screw-up aside), there are also other issues that overall weight in favor of Nay rather than Yay. So I am with you my brothers in game smile.gif

Yep.I too agree with you.I like the idea,and i see a lot of potential in this system but yeah,M$ is doing it's thang.I hope they will fulfill the promises they made.

Koldorak_GO
  • Koldorak_GO

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:33 PM

This is what I wrote to Rockstar:

Hello,

I have a new fast computer with an i7 processor, a nVidia GTX285 graphics card and 4 GB of memory. Since the last update of Games for Windows Live however, GTA IV is stuttering badly periodicaly when I play. I tried and checked everything (reinstalling, patches, drivers, ...) but nothing seems to fix the problem. The game ran smoothly before and the ingame benchmarks are also giving the same results as before...

What should I do please?

Greetings and thanks in advance,

xxx

Reggie_p75
  • Reggie_p75

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:34 PM Edited by Reggie_p75, 23 April 2009 - 08:38 PM.

So its Games for Windows Live thats suspected of causing us all bother?!

Wot a bunch of knob jockeys Microsoft are..

But then, wot can we expect from them, EVERYTHING they release is defective and needs fixed within a few days.. and constantly fixed after that..

All we really need is ONE gaming lobby too. Be it Steam, Rockstar Social Club, Games for Windows LIVE or some other crap someone's gonna nail onto their software but they all need to work together to ensure that all the software works. Me, I'd go for Games for Windows LIVE and then have everyone else share the info n data accordingly. Everyone elses gaming lobby can be incorporated into it.

But how long are we gonna have to wait for a new patch to fix Game for Windows LIVE???

EDIT: I wish I'd scoured the internet a little harder b4 needlessly removing and reinstalling quite a few drivers..

Thanks a bunch Bill Gates' inept software warriors.. devil.gif

TheMetalLord
  • TheMetalLord

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (Reggie_p75 @ Apr 23 2009, 20:34)
But how long are we gonna have to wait for a new patch to fix Game for Windows LIVE???

Minimum 2 weeks!
GFWL gets not updated very often!
I could also be that we do not get any fix until GTAIV 1.0.4.0 patch!

Koldorak_GO
  • Koldorak_GO

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:48 PM

Write them! Bomb them with emails. Let them know that we are not happy with this! We have to put as much pressure on them as possible. See my post above.

Ghett0
  • Ghett0

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:51 PM

Amen. Before this sh*t I had a constant 60 FPS. Now I get stuttering and it dips to around 40 sometimes.

Vanchatron
  • Vanchatron

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:01 PM

I was told to get over this problem I should install Xliveless although I have a few questions:

- Will this prevent me from playing online? I'm guessing it will.

- Will I be able to carry on my save game using this mod?

- Is it easy to get rid of if and when they release a patch that fixes GFWL?

- Will NOT logging into GFWL not solve this new lag problem?

- And finally, is it easy to install?

Thanks a lot smile.gif

xxCrowTechxx
  • xxCrowTechxx

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:01 PM Edited by xxCrowTechxx, 23 April 2009 - 09:07 PM.

QUOTE (Koldorak_GO @ Apr 23 2009, 20:22)
If we want them to do something quickly about this, we have to bomb them with lots of emails. Lets turn on the pressure a bit higher. Let them know A LOT of people are having these problems. Use these contact forms to send your complains to them:

Windows:

http://support.micro...sistance&c1=509

Rockstar:

http://support.rocks...2/seo/emailPage

I elected the R* contact form not because it's their fault IMO but because....... Go figure - you have to PAY TO COMPLAIN at M$. That's f*cking BRILLIANT. So.....a.n.g.r.y!

Thank you for the links.

Koldorak_GO
  • Koldorak_GO

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:02 PM

It seems I have to make an email account or something to post a message on the Games for Windows forum... Why is everything what Microsoft makes sh*t??

BorgDroneX
  • BorgDroneX

Assimilator

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:03 PM

ok ive just used the Xliveless and bypassed GFWL and RSSC and my game is running smoother than ever! wow.gif so im thinking maybe GFWL is the main cause of the stuttering in the 1st place!! notify.gif

xxCrowTechxx
  • xxCrowTechxx

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (BorgDroneX @ Apr 23 2009, 21:03)
ok ive just used the Xliveless and bypassed GFWL and RSSC and my game is running smoother than ever! wow.gif so im thinking maybe GFWL is the main cause of the stuttering in the 1st place!! notify.gif

I.should.have.done.that.from.day.one. F*ck I'm stupid.

Reggie_p75
  • Reggie_p75

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:14 PM Edited by Reggie_p75, 23 April 2009 - 09:18 PM.

Well, I've just sent Rockstar an email highlighting the GTA 4 problem and been viciously scathing about Microsoft in it...

... no doubt its probably that Microsoft junk update. Very much like a new version of Windows.. somehow, either the glass is broken or they forget to put it in to start with... hehehe

I hope that makes someones day with a little sni**er about the ineptness of the authors of the biggest PC operating system..

It'll only take a min or 2 but I think everyone, their mother, father, sister, cat dog, hamster, tortoise, snake n anything else should email Rockstar cos Microsoft make it difficult to email them to tell them that their software is a pile of brown doggy pebbles!!!!!!

suicidal.gif

Edit: I read this back to find that I've wrote S N I G G E R (a description of laugher) to find that its been censored cos it has a racist terminology in it..

Nevermind eh.. moto_whistle.gif

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE (Vanchatron @ Apr 23 2009, 22:01)

- Will this prevent me from playing online?  I'm guessing it will.

Yes it will stop you playing online.

- Will I be able to carry on my save game using this mod?

You will have to copy the save game to a new location, you can find more information in the xliveless thread here

- Is it easy to get rid of if and when they release a patch that fixes GFWL?

Yes you just delete the xlive.dll file from your GTA 4 folder and you can use games for windows live again

- Will NOT logging into GFWL not solve this new lag problem?

No staying logged out of GFWL will not solve this new lag problem.

- And finally, is it easy to install?

Installing the xliveless mod is just a case of copying the xlive.dll file to your GTA 4 installation directory that is it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users