Quantcast

» «
Photo

New WINDOWS LIVE update

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
596 replies to this topic

Poll: How has the WINDOWS LIVE update affected your GTA 4 ? (381 member(s) have cast votes)

How has the WINDOWS LIVE update affected your GTA 4 ?

1. No change it was fine before the update and is fine now (26 votes [9.56%])

Percentage of vote: 9.56%

2. The game was running fine before the update and is now stuttering (187 votes [68.75%])

Percentage of vote: 68.75%

3. I suffered stuttering before the update and now it is worse (24 votes [8.82%])

Percentage of vote: 8.82%

4. I suffered stuttering before the update and nothing has changed (9 votes [3.31%])

Percentage of vote: 3.31%

5. I didn't download the patch because I was using xliveless (26 votes [9.56%])

Percentage of vote: 9.56%

Vote

monkey

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:34 AM

Wow, I am running a Core i7 machine and this game is lagging/stuttering. Unacceptable. I find it quite ironic that "Games for Windows" is ending up effectively ruining the "gaming" experience.
How do these things get past Q.A.? How???

Gangxxter
  • Gangxxter

A Gangster with style

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:59 AM

The GfWL update sucks mad.gif
I'll use xliveless from now on.

seeej
  • seeej

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:00 AM

QUOTE (gitrmanuk @ Apr 22 2009, 18:49)
Hi, my first post on these forums though I've been reading them since I got the game last December.

My game ran lovely on Vista 64 until the dreaded GFWL update, and although the XLiveLess does fix the stuttering in single player
it's alot of fiddling about every time you want to play some online after playing offline and visa versa.

So with my friend seeej's cunning idea to write a script to install/uninstall the XLiveLess firmly in my mind I set to work.

The result is 2 shortcuts on my desktop, one for offline SP and the other for online MP, that link to 2 bat files that copy/delete the
xlive.dll into/from the GTA IV directory and run the apropriate exe to fire up the game

If anyone running Vista 64 fancies trying it make sure to follow the readme after unraring the folder.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FYBT3BUH

smile.gif

QFT! Until Microghey sort this complete pigs-ear of an update out, this definitively works.
<3

shaggedout
  • shaggedout

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:28 AM

Rockstar. Please, it is time to patch this superfluous pap out of GTA4. Nobody wanted it in the first place. Please make 1.0.4.0. the patch that divorces us from it. I think the community would rather wait for either a 3rd party server browser, or maybe even something from yourselves.
There is no reason to justify piracy. But things like this will only push honest customers that way.
Let us hope that VC2 or SA2 (either will do cool.gif) will not make the honest customer turn to piracy for the next GTA.

Oh. And Hi. My first post too. cool.gif

Ardbug
  • Ardbug

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:32 AM

QUOTE (shaggedout @ Apr 23 2009, 08:28)
Rockstar. Please, it is time to patch this superfluous pap out of GTA4. Nobody wanted it in the first place. Please make 1.0.4.0. the patch that divorces us from it. I think the community would rather wait for either a 3rd party server browser, or maybe even something from yourselves.
There is no reason to justify piracy. But things like this will only push honest customers that way.
Let us hope that VC2 or SA2 (either will do cool.gif) will not make the honest customer turn to piracy for the next GTA.

Oh. And Hi. My first post too.  cool.gif

/agree completely. This has been a disaster from day 1.

High
  • High

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:20 AM

superfluous pap

huh?

Nietzsche's God
  • Nietzsche's God

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:49 AM Edited by Nietzsche's God, 23 April 2009 - 10:56 AM.

Thanks for ruining my f*cking game GFWL. icon13.gif

QUOTE (easterneuropeanjizzbag @ Apr 23 2009, 05:48)
i bought a whole new rig just for this game...and it worked flawlessly....

now its a steaming pile of sh*t....thanks a lot assholes.

Same here. bought a new one a week before the game came out.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE (Nietzsche's God @ Apr 23 2009, 12:49)
Thanks for ruining my f*cking game GFWL.

And to think they are going to blame piracy for low PC sales.

livilaNic
  • livilaNic

Got Milf?

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE (mkey82 @ Apr 23 2009, 05:15)

It's all about the pirates.

It will always be about the pirates.

Maluvido
  • Maluvido

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:44 AM

i canīt believe that, the problem still there, Rockstar, i think itīs time to your move, do something, after all, we buy your game and wanna play it, please, show me some respect!

Dcrysis02
  • Dcrysis02

The Stronger One

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE (mkey82 @ Apr 23 2009, 11:15)

It's Gears of War all over again... sigh.gif

ikt
  • ikt

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE (livilaNic @ Apr 23 2009, 11:24)
QUOTE (mkey82 @ Apr 23 2009, 05:15)

It's all about the pirates.

It will always be about the pirates.

If producers ask a reasonable price for their games, and games are normally playable without having to download over 9000 patches before you can play, the piracy would drop very much.

LordRhyme
  • LordRhyme

PC | Gamer

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:16 PM Edited by LordRhyme, 23 April 2009 - 12:20 PM.

QUOTE (customkingpimp @ Apr 23 2009, 00:00)
QUOTE (McLovin2404 @ Apr 22 2009, 23:45)
QUOTE (customkingpimp @ Apr 23 2009, 10:37)
day # 2 with out playing GTA IV, i think i am going crazy Thanks micro crap!

Same here dude. I've having sleepless nights now. I'm thinking of heading outside of the house now and commit GTA myself. Gonna try put on Niko's accent for the ladies.

Kudos to Microsoft for making my GTA come to reality.

I seen a pigeon in a parking lot here in MN pecking around at the ground. instantly thought i was in the game. went looking for my AK, and realized i wasnt in the game confused.gif

dont u guyz take this game way too serious i mean damn let off the pc for a long while and go out with your friends!!!!

cant u guyz stop saying same sh*t everyday and filling pages with nothing? cant u guyz just wait for a f*cking update???
there are dousins of games and u can play them untill the fix/update is out!

Maluvido
  • Maluvido

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE (LordRhyme @ Apr 23 2009, 12:16)
QUOTE (customkingpimp @ Apr 23 2009, 00:00)
QUOTE (McLovin2404 @ Apr 22 2009, 23:45)
QUOTE (customkingpimp @ Apr 23 2009, 10:37)
day # 2 with out playing GTA IV, i think i am going crazy Thanks micro crap!

Same here dude. I've having sleepless nights now. I'm thinking of heading outside of the house now and commit GTA myself. Gonna try put on Niko's accent for the ladies.

Kudos to Microsoft for making my GTA come to reality.

I seen a pigeon in a parking lot here in MN pecking around at the ground. instantly thought i was in the game. went looking for my AK, and realized i wasnt in the game confused.gif

dont u guyz take this game way too serious i mean damn let off the pc for a long while and go out with your friends!!!!

cant u guyz stop saying same sh*t everyday and filling pages with nothing? cant u guyz just wait for a f*cking update???

Sorry Dude, but when i spend money in something, i want to use it, everytime that i want to, not when MS or rockstar want it.

copperwire93
  • copperwire93

Copperdude

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE (LordRhyme @ Apr 23 2009, 21:16)

Scores for the mature dude! icon14.gif Just wait for fix guys, what you will get for keep talking how MS being a dick, don't worry they already know that they're a dick company. Be patient and play another games.

OutOfTimer
  • OutOfTimer

PC Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:40 PM Edited by OutOfTimer, 23 April 2009 - 12:51 PM.

QUOTE (copperwire93 @ Apr 23 2009, 12:31)
Scores for the mature dude! icon14.gif  Just wait for fix guys, what you will get for keep talking how MS being a dick, don't worry they already know that they're a dick company. Be patient and play another games.

If you simply wait and do nothing, they'll just assume everything is alright and keep flying around in their private jets. You've just scored for being naive. icon13.gif

Hafitz
  • Hafitz

SERIOUS PC GAMER

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:42 PM

Yeah..maybe we should just be a little patient..but also..i hope they fix would fix it...some big companies like Ubisoft Screwed Games like Splinter Cell Double Agent on PC, and never have the guts or brains to fix it until now...so i really2 hope Microsoft or Rockstar would Fix this soon..i dont wanna wait that long though...

And come on Guys..lets not fight over this arite..and as PC gamers...lets just respect each other arite...And just stick to the topic of the thread please...

LordRhyme
  • LordRhyme

PC | Gamer

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE (OutOfTimer @ Apr 23 2009, 12:40)
Scores for the mature dude! icon14.gif  Just wait for fix guys, what you will get for keep talking how MS being a dick, don't worry they already know that they're a dick company. Be patient and play another games.

If you simply wait and do nothing, they'll just assume everything is alright and keep flying around in their private jets. You've just scored for being naive. icon13.gif

well they said at GFWL forums that they are working on it and they want to fix it as soon as possible so lets wait and dont act like dicks....

craig3000
  • craig3000

Punk-ass Bitch

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:12 PM Edited by craig3000, 23 April 2009 - 01:15 PM.

hi lord biggrin.gif

at least i got exams coming up anyway confused.gif no distractions

nemesi5
  • nemesi5

Soloist

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE (Hafitz @ Apr 23 2009, 05:42)
Yeah..maybe we should just be a little patient..but also..i hope they fix would fix it...some big companies like Ubisoft Screwed Games like Splinter Cell Double Agent on PC, and never have the guts or brains to fix it until now...so i really2 hope Microsoft or Rockstar would Fix this soon..i dont wanna wait that long though...

And come on Guys..lets not fight over this arite..and as PC gamers...lets just respect each other arite...And just stick to the topic of the thread please...

That was one f*cking game, atleast they have the guts to release DECENT and good PC games, infact they actually include pc games when they release a console game. I love them, smile.gif They are a good company, they don't care about piracy and they release games that don't die out on you suicidal.gif

bp2018
  • bp2018

Cheese Doodle

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:47 PM

In your reasoning we should play other games while we wait, but look at it this way, what if we had been playing other games and had gotten bored of them, so we started to play GTA... now midway through we can't finish so your fix is to play another, what if we get halfway through THAT and another GFWL patch screws THAT up?

The point is that the patch has ruined the SINGLEPLAYER aspect of the game which SHOULD NOT BE AFFECTED, it also doesn't appear to of changed, updated or added any functionality to GTA, so in escence, the patch for OTHER games has screwed up this one, now tell me, how is that fair?

If you had a car and it took them three seperate attempts at a mechanic to fix it up to working order.. you would be frustrated, but you would be happy at the end result and ultimately begin enjoying your driving experience, so imagine the drivers dismay when the police or insurance company move in and implement a new system to deal with trucks, but this system suddenly screws your CAR all over again.

Its a bad analogy, and ultimately they have nothing in common, but the principal is the same, a patch to deal with something entirely different is affecting your enjoyment of something that has only just been fixed to working order, granted its taken them three patches to get the game into the state it should of been RELEASED in then patched to perfection.... (so hopefully 1 possibly 2 more patches and we're golden) but MICROSOFT have now screwed there fixes over for ZERO functionality, ZERO improvement, absolutely NOTHING TO DO WITH GTA 4.

Rockstar have been hounded, abused, insulted, and all because they released a product which wasn't functioning anywhere near properly for a large number of consumers, they gritted there teeth and pushed hard to release three patches that have made the game playable, a few more and it should be perfect (like the missing moon mystery, hardly game breaking but... what else are we missing?) but then microsoft in the infinite wisdom they posess have screwed it up all over again, and I am SURE people are blaming Rockstar for this when it isn't anything to do with them.

I just hate being told to "just play another game" or "ROCKSTAR YOU SUCK" the fact is microsoft are updating the GFWL platform for no apparent reason, screwing things up, then im guessing we will have to wait till the NEXT update for any ATTEMPT at a fix to be released as its only ONE game out of a number, and as far as MS is concerned the minorty don't matter.

Sorry for the overly long rant but it had to be said. sarcasm.gif

shaggedout
  • shaggedout

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:58 PM Edited by shaggedout, 23 April 2009 - 02:13 PM.

QUOTE (High @ Apr 23 2009, 10:20)
superfluous pap

huh?

Superfluous pap (links to dictionary.com)

[edit] Sorry. I just realised how this post might be taken as a little rude. I only included the dictionary links because that's where I go, most of the time, if I come across a word that's uncommon (to me at least biggrin.gif). Superfluous - unnecessary or needless. Pap - lacking substance or real value.

richiespeed13
  • richiespeed13

Live for the Nordschleife...

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE (LordRhyme @ Apr 23 2009, 13:11)
QUOTE (OutOfTimer @ Apr 23 2009, 12:40)

well they said at GFWL forums that they are working on it and they want to fix it as soon as possible so lets wait and dont act like dicks....

They talk rubbish, the guy who posted there was simply the mod for that forum. He is nothing to microsoft, i certainly doubt he is getting paid by them.

DeadManDriving
  • DeadManDriving

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (bp2018 @ Apr 23 2009, 13:47)
In your reasoning we should play other games while we wait....
......and as far as MS is concerned the minorty don't matter.

Sorry for the overly long rant but it had to be said.  sarcasm.gif

Don't be sorry a nice letter!

And right: Why should M$ fix it without a good reason, a new game means new money. They'll mostlikely wait for a new game being on their hook.

I still wonder what makes it so damn important to be hooked on a GameServerProvider. I bet if gamers would be asked, they would prefere an open solution. It's good for offline LAN-parties too.
So OK, I am not really wondering, it is all about protecting the game, which is good for the R-Stars and M$'s.
For me it is a pain! Far too many destructive modders, destroying every single room which is opend up. They enjoy coming in and killing a clean fun party.

Maluvido
  • Maluvido

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 02:51 PM

i donīt think that rockstar is free from all this thing, of course not, i buy my copy from rockstar and they choose to put GFW on the game, they know the problem and say nothing to the community, not a word, thatīs nice.

Itīs like i buy a car and another company made the engine and they call me to do some upgrade in the engine, than there was a problem, because of that upgrade and i can drive this car anymore...

Of couse the company that sell me the car will be responsable for the problem too, donīt you agreed guys?

So Rockstar, do something, or at least, say something...

shaggedout
  • shaggedout

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 03:04 PM

No. There's no point getting angry over it. There's way more stressful things to worry about in life than this. But, people do have a right to express their opinion about it. What needs to be remembered is the age range playing this game. Even though the game is rated 18, it is quite evident that there are a lot of under age players too. I can't remember the thread I was reading the other day where age was being discussed. But it made me feel old, even though I remember my 18th like it was yesterday. Different age groups will express their opinions in different ways. In my opinion biggrin.gif. Maybe some people are posting while half cocked, but it's understandable.
I'm happy to wait for the patch to fix this. I've got plenty of other things to be getting on with.
Blah blah.. I could go on.
I think the conclusion I would come to, is. This sort of thing, the gfwl ballsup update, will only harm the GTA franchise. The angry posters today, are also the consumers of tomorrow. When the next GTA comes out, this will be remembered. And the likelyhood is, that a percentage of those will just say "screw it, I'm going to torrent it". I said in a previous post that there is no reason for piracy, from my point of view. Others will justify it to themselves, now using this update as another excuse. Honest, paying customers have to put up with this, while little Johny Freeloader gets a free ride and no worries.
Blah blah. Again, I could go on. But I'm short on time....
Over and out (into the sunshine)

Prophet11
  • Prophet11

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 03:08 PM

hello i just updated my windows live thingy (i had too) and now i get stuttering.. why the f*ck do they do that again :'(

hope they'll make a fix or smthn pretty soon, but anyways gta 4 pc, for me its a technical fail.

xxCrowTechxx
  • xxCrowTechxx

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 03:18 PM Edited by xxCrowTechxx, 23 April 2009 - 03:22 PM.

To all those saying "Go play another game"....

How 'bout NO! That is, unless M$ would kindly like to provide me with free access to one in the meantime, how 'bout it eh? Ya, I didn't think so....and therein lies my (main) problem with the above statement. I've been denied access to something I paid to use WITHOUT COMPENSATION of any kind. This behavior doesn't really exist in other industries - you pay for a service or a product and the provider doesn't deliver......there's compensation or they're out of business. I have lost the use of a product I paid to use, when I want to use it. Not whenever they feel like allowing me to use it. And I think it's worth reminding people here that this is a WIDESPREAD issue and not one of an isolated nature. So it's even worse.

The other thing to keep in mind here is that the power of "the word of mouth" fails if we keep ours closed. This is precisely what we're doing here. Putting our distaste for being treated this way out in the open so others know they're not alone and to show that there's critical mass here. That's a powerful thing but only if we exercise it. So, please, stop telling us to be quiet, to stop complaining - that's all we have to use and we'll use it. You can always ignore us if you feel like it but we'd rather you support being loud (that is LOUD not obnoxious) so that they (M$ and/or R*) know where they stand (about neck deep in s*it right now if you ask me).

The unfortunate part of this, and it is really unfortunate....think if something like FB, or that stupid Twitter went down or made an arbitrary change that caused a similar incident (they regularly do)....people are out to kill when that happens and that's a FREE SERVICE. This landscape these days, twisted and convoluted. Full of holes, bottomless pits as it were. That s*it would be on the damn news or something....think of it in terms of days...it'd be a damn revolution.

Oh, and we're still waiting to get this resolved and I'm looking right at you M$. Best of the best...ya right. Oh, and if you think for one second that R* isn't bombing the hell out of M$ right now (i.e. whinny bitching, complaining) you got your head on backwards. That's exactly what they've been doing since this happened...remember it's their game that's been ruined as has our time with it. And, they just got it going for most of us.....lame.

{added}

I have a feeling this is about to get a lot worse. Think of all those people that probably don't play during the week, the casual people....that are about to update over the weekend. I almost expect another surge of WTF in the next day or two. Perhaps they're smart enough to fix it by then......s*it, I hope so.

Maluvido
  • Maluvido

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (xxCrowTechxx @ Apr 23 2009, 15:18)
To all those saying "Go play another game"....

How 'bout NO! That is, unless M$ would kindly like to provide me with free access to one in the meantime, how 'bout it eh? Ya, I didn't think so....and therein lies my (main) problem with the above statement. I've been denied access to something I paid to use WITHOUT COMPENSATION of any kind. This behavior doesn't really exist in other industries - you pay for a service or a product and the provider doesn't deliver......there's compensation or they're out of business. I have lost the use of a product I paid to use, when I want to use it. Not whenever they feel like allowing me to use it. And I think it's worth reminding people here that this is a WIDESPREAD issue and not one of an isolated nature. So it's even worse.

The other thing to keep in mind here is that the power of "the word of mouth" fails if we keep ours closed. This is precisely what we're doing here. Putting our distaste for being treated this way out in the open so others know they're not alone and to show that there's critical mass here. That's a powerful thing but only if we exercise it. So, please, stop telling us to be quiet, to stop complaining - that's all we have to use and we'll use it. You can always ignore us if you feel like it but we'd rather you support being loud (that is LOUD not obnoxious) so that they (M$ and/or R*) know where they stand (about neck deep in s*it right now if you ask me).

The unfortunate part of this, and it is really unfortunate....think if something like FB, or that stupid Twitter went down or made an arbitrary change that caused a similar incident (they regularly do)....people are out to kill when that happens and that's a FREE SERVICE. This landscape these days, twisted and convoluted. Full of holes, bottomless pits as it were. That s*it would be on the damn news or something....think of it in terms of days...it'd be a damn revolution.

Oh, and we're still waiting to get this resolved and I'm looking right at you M$. Best of the best...ya right. Oh, and if you think for one second that R* isn't bombing the hell out of M$ right now (i.e. whinny bitching, complaining) you got your head on backwards. That's exactly what they've been doing since this happened...remember it's their game that's been ruined as has our time with it. And, they just got it going for most of us.....lame.

{added}

I have a feeling this is about to get a lot worse. Think of all those people that probably don't play during the week, the casual people....that are about to update over the weekend. I almost expect another surge of WTF in the next day or two. Perhaps they're smart enough to fix it by then......s*it, I hope so.

agreed

Koldorak_GO
  • Koldorak_GO

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 03:27 PM

I think we should write as much emails to Games for Windows and Rockstar as possible. The more emails the higher the pressure on them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users