Fallout: New Vegas

4,357 replies to this topic
Secura
  • Secura

Fallen and Reborn

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (Mokrie Dela @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 18:01)
Right I get ya.

Tbh probably not. It's not set in the Nevada and there's the openness of gameplay within NV - Boone for example COULD Have been killed (cass and Veronica too) and I'd rather avoid assuming canon
Example being the battle for the dam - each of us would have different endings. I can't assume ncr won or legion did etc.

In lieu of what you've stated there, would you at least be able to hint a Boone's appearance, even in the battle; for example one of your characters could've seen a sniper wearing a red beret picking of legionnaire after legionnaire.

Not the best suggestion but I'm sure you could find a way to weave him into the story some how, even if it was to be just a mention of his name or his actions at some point during the story (perhaps not at a point as pivotal as "The Second Battle for Hoover Dam") as it'd be a rather nice to nod to a character that deserves a little recognition.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

I have an idea for a hint as you put it. I have to mention the battle (mine takes place after it) but its set in a different region so any such mentions will be fleeting

He may feature but I dunno yet
I won't put him in just for the hell of it. He'd have to belong and seeing as how the ncr are not planned to appear..... Hmmm

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:32 PM

Just finished game ,it was great 150 hours. Get New Vegas to me,GTA-style and get rid of both NCR and Legion. Loved both 3 and New Vegas and will see what would be in the future. Never played first 2 games so i really don't understand what was problem with 3,it was quite a good to me and New Vegas was just a continuation of the trend. And for lore changes,it happens in every long going series,and in these case the resultwere satisfying.

orbitalraindrops
  • orbitalraindrops

fa$$ot

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:42 PM

the one thing i don't like about fallout 3 is a point that was raised by tun on youtube. You have all these communities and towns etc but they don't actually grow or produce any food. Your just expected to believe that an entire city is feeding itself by scavenging and buying off one of the four trade caravans.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:56 PM

Picked this up again from my portable HD with all the mods I liked installed.

However in the meantime XRE Cars and Shogo Heavy Industries came out, so I had to update, had a lot of problems getting XRE - Cars to run.

I also noticed how I had crappy, crashy performance so I installed:

FNV4GB

Stutter Remover

Anti-Crash

Now I got close to no crashes while playing (even in Goodsprings, which I was unable to enter anymore) and the FPS is better overall.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:25 AM

I've seen some fine mods while researching for my fallout fan fic (check sig if interested). Some of the outfits were simply amazing - some badass coats and dusters.
Makes me wish i had the game on PC...

Fireman - i think goodsprings is bugged. On my first playthrough my game always crashed when i went anywhere near the school house (xbox 360). I never found out why, tbh.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:38 AM

Yeah there are a lot of good mods, it's hard to stick to the limit of not-crashing.

Goodsprings worked fine for me before, but with the amount of mods I have installed, a lot of them put armor/items/quests in Goodsprings so it's REALLY heavy on my PC and there are a lot of conflicting mods. I'm not sure what would make your Xbox360 version crash.

My /Data map is 30GB's of mods, most of them run through New Vegas Script Extender (so you have a million scripts running in the background) so I couldn't enter Goodsprings at all anymore until I got those FNV4GB, Anti-stutter and Anti-crash plugins, I seriously recommend them if you're playing on PC.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:18 PM

well Fallout 3 and NV are very buggy. I've don't think i've ever not experienced a crash or error with those games.
At least with the PC version, many can be overcome via console commands.

I suspect it was probably a spawn error - perhaps with the mantises - 75% of the time that I see an enemy, it'll be half submerged in the ground. Perhaps something similar happened with the mantises in goodsprings... Strange either way. I never DID get into that safe...

Perhaps i should write game crashes into my fanfic story :D

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:54 PM

Can anyone suggest a texture pack that wont make my game crash constantly? I've been using the popular NMC one from mod nexus but it causes a crash every five minutes or so even using the lightest version. My computer is rather high end and I have tons of memory. I like the look of new textures but a CTD every five minutes is unplayable!

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:32 PM

Can anyone suggest a texture pack that wont make my game crash constantly? I've been using the popular NMC one from mod nexus but it causes a crash every five minutes or so even using the lightest version. My computer is rather high end and I have tons of memory. I like the look of new textures but a CTD every five minutes is unplayable!

Maybe try this one: http://www.nexusmods...as/mods/49882/?

Though I haven't actually installed either of those, not sure if you need the 4GB mod to help with that one.

Fellout is so easy, small and works wonders if you don't have already. Electro City also works perfectly.

http://www.nexusmods...as/mods/34888/?

http://www.nexusmods...as/mods/37908/?

I still haven't installed FOOK yet, I really ought to. Really annoyed there is no centaur remover for NV, that is what is stopping me with that as well as any extra map location mods like warzones etc.

• theadmiral likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:35 PM

^ I've got fellout and electro city and both work flawlessly. I only started having problems when I installed the texture pack - Even running the 4gb mod I run out of memory and crash constantly despite having 16 gigs of ram.

You definitely need Fook and project Nevada.

There is a good location mod called "A world of pain" but it causes so many stability issues that it is virtually not usable. I'm going to give the enhanced shaders a try. I love the way this NMC pack looks but I just can't deal with a crash every five-ten minutes.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:09 PM Edited by Fireman, 01 February 2014 - 12:25 PM.

^ I've got fellout and electro city and both work flawlessly. I only started having problems when I installed the texture pack - Even running the 4gb mod I run out of memory and crash constantly despite having 16 gigs of ram.

You definitely need Fook and project Nevada.

There is a good location mod called "A world of pain" but it causes so many stability issues that it is virtually not usable. I'm going to give the enhanced shaders a try. I love the way this NMC pack looks but I just can't deal with a crash every five-ten minutes.

Did you install New Vegas Anti-Crash and Stutter-remover? Those fixed almost all my constant crashes

I'm using A World of Pain and NMC Texture Pack, the only problem I have is that my current shaders don't work very well at night with the pip-boy light on (I also have Fellout installed so not using pip-boy light is impossible). 

I also recently found a place where the VGU ripped mofel files are downloadable fornormal people:

http://archive.foolz...thread/9478516/ - 2nd post

Direct link: https://www.mediafire.com/modsforv

Also contains the famous Uterus Eater mod, Requiem for a Capital Wasteland (which was a project which put both Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas in the same game, now called Tale of the Two Wastelands) and a bunch of other mods which weren't allowed on the Nexus.

I only downloaded DragBody's Armor Pack (god damn 1GB of armors), so I can't guarantee the other ones being virus-free, but /v/ never hurts anyone.

Someone also uploaded a nice compilation of weapons on the Nexus, which made me able to get another few .esps in; Wasteland Weapon Pack

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:37 PM

^ Which version of NMC are you using, light, medium, or heavy? I've got the NV Anti Crash but I do not have the anti stutter thing. I'll give it a shot. I think I've got the game stable using NMC - Light and no world of pain, but as soon as I enable world of pain I'm back to crashing. A shame because I like all the added locations. I am a cock gobbler and I love to gobble cock.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:49 PM Edited by Fireman, 01 February 2014 - 01:49 PM.

I think I downloaded the medium one, but it was quite some time ago since I downloaded that.

I couldn't get into Goodsprings anymore until I downloaded Stutter Remover and Anti-crash. It still lags a lot when I face my camera towards goodsprings, but I can actually walk there now if I keep my head down. It also doesn't crash anymore like it used to (it used to instant-crash), now it just slows down to a ridiculous 0.1 FPS.

Note that I have so much crap installed it could just be pure luck that everything still works. Parts of the clutter are in Russian now though. You might need to fix your load order if you haven't already, here's mine.

Spoiler

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Thou shalt not commit logical fallacies

• United-Kingdom

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:55 AM

Bit of a bump

After a long time away from NV I reinstalled, rebuilt my mod database and started building stuff again.

My latest project is a sniper rifle (no surprises there) heavily based on the Tubb 2000 series of competition rifles.

983904-1394786502.jpg
  • Daz likes this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:31 AM

Nice gun.

Anyone know if Milenia has released any more weapon mods? His are by far the best and I believe the last one of his released on the nexus was possibly the 92FS or G3, or maybe one or two after. All the other gun mods out there suck. Though there were some amazing ones in fallout 3 I had. Came in a huge pack, some sh*t, some ok, some great.

I also never knew about the vehicle mods, fully functioning drivable vehicles, that is just a total jizz in the pants moment. I really need to get that.

I need some improved textures, I might grab some more RAM and install a f*ckload of stuff soon.

Still can't find a centaur remover mod/tool.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:25 PM

Damnit, if FO4 ever comes, i might have to get a PC for it. Some of these mods i've seen are sweet.

• Daz likes this

Moth
  • Moth

I am mad scientist, sunuvabich!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:34 PM

Nice gun.

Anyone know if Milenia has released any more weapon mods? 

Yeah he has. Made a pack that includes all but his 2 newest guns as well. Bam for the mod pack. These two are his guns that haven't been added. 1, 2. But Millenia isn't the only good gun modder on the nexus, there are a few. Hell he made textures for another guy, who's guns are almost at the same level as his. Here he is.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:20 PM

I just checked and saw those, I was waiting for a pack with all of his guns for ages, but it would be pointless me getting it as I have the rest, though I wouldn't mind seeing what the quest and other related stuff in it is like. That other guy doesn't have much, and I still don't think the quality is as good as Millenia, but who knows.

If there are any decent mods that aren't on the nexus, let me know.

Btw this was the vehicle mod I was on about, kinda NSFW so I had to quickly grab it and paste it, so ignore the filth, but it is near the end. Just f*cking mindblowing, there was also another one I saw with a flatbed truck that could be used as a base as well, wasn't too bad. But I think a better idea would be to just go with motorcycles, it fits in more with the theme and they probably would handle better on the dodgy terrain.

Shame there isn't a co-op mod, but that would no doubt be hard as f*ck to do.

If my PC can handle it I really need to stock up on some HD textures and filters. It is kind of looking a little shabby around town in my game compared to my Fallout 3 setup.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:50 PM Edited by Fireman, 17 March 2014 - 01:53 PM.

I've been using the vehicle mod since the release but it's still not very stable. For me the repair stations never take the car I use, I can't reset the cars to be back at the garage. The cars themselves drive good though and the physics work properly. There's been a motorcycle mod out for a few years now, but it's not as advanced (the vehicle mod completely changes the physics, motorcycle just goes straight forward almost).

If you want more mods not featured on Nexus, there's Loverslab (lots of NSFW content, but also normal ports and I LOVE good ports), and check out the posts here: http://archive.foolz...thread/9478516/ Mainly this link with all Dragbody's work (from VGUNetwork, which is now shutdown, had some great packs, kinda sucks it's gone now) is amazing. http://www.mediafire.com/modsforv

There's also modgames.net (Russian site, so contains lots of ports as well and about everything from other sites). I always translate the pages and look for good stuff :p

• Daz likes this

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:36 PM

I've always wondered why Fallout never gave the player access to a vehicle of some sort. Perhaps it'd undermine the desolate feel that a post apoc' game must have, or perhaps it was technical limitations or perhaps they just cba. At times, crossing 80% of the map to do a quest could get tedious. Obviously that's a large part of the games' appeal, but once you unlock fast travel to a location does anyone actually walk there?

The car looks pretty funny, actually. The handling physics - groundbreaking! haha

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Thou shalt not commit logical fallacies

• United-Kingdom

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:21 PM

Fallout 2 and BoS both had drivable vehicles.

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:04 PM

Fallout 2 and BoS both had drivable vehicles.

they were drivable?

i thought you just walked up to it, pressed a button and then you and your got teleported to another location? since it used an isometric perspective

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:41 PM

Fallout 2 was using vehicle as fast travel method and storage. It wasn't drivable per se, but still usable. 

FOT had drivable vehicles, which were steerable in the same ways as in every other strategy/turn based game. Of course you needed character with pilot skill to fully utilize car potential. Other characters could even shoot via windows. 

SirMichaelRocks23
  • SirMichaelRocks23

The Quickness.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:14 AM

You know you're f*cked when your status says [DANGER] in the quarry...

Claws_Out.jpg

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:01 PM

Ha! I found a rock in there that I jumped on and the deathclaws couldn't figure out how to get to me. It took ages but i kept hammering away with my guns and finally took them out. Bad tactic in the end, i must have spent about 5000 Caps worth of ammo in that one outing.

Moth
  • Moth

I am mad scientist, sunuvabich!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:39 AM

I remember when I first saw that place. I decided to put god mod on. It took half an hour to just kill one of them, with my little 9mm pistol.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:16 AM

That was a pain in the arse the first time, definite overleveled area, you wouldn't think it would be that batsh*t near the starting areas.

One thing that annoys me in NV as oppsoed to 3, is that almost all the fully automatic weapons don't have the power or accuracy like they did in 3. For example the Assault Carbine, LMG or SMG's just don't have that tripple pop sound with power in VATS anymore. I think the Automatic Rifle (BAR) does, as it is a higher caliber, but it just seems like all the smaller caliber weapons lower than 7.62 all do f*ck all to things. I don't know if it is because of the DT addition and it cant penetrate people's armor but either way it was not the same feel as Fallout 3. Some mods solved that but only on the odd few guns.

Not sure why that is.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:06 AM

I think the quarry is overlevelled because the devs didn't want you going that way so early in the story. It's a relatively unchallenged route to Freeside iirc, and therefore possibly the quickest way into NV itself?

I'm not sure but the story pushes you south to begin with so it's probably partly for that reason.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:11 PM

Yeah, I get that, it is pretty obvious as they told us that before the game shipped.

I just find it stupid to force everyone down the same route. You kind of ruin the purpose of choosable factions and storylines if you are forced down the same path at the beginning, there is no unique journey there. Everyone ends up experiencing exactly the same first half of the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users