Fallout: New Vegas

4,441 replies to this topic
El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (Mokrie Dela @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 03:37)
You can apparantley get it at the remnants bunker (i intend to check that out later as well as the deathclaw location)

make sure you are doing Arcade's companion quest before you go to the Remnants bunker.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• Members
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 20:45)
QUOTE (Mokrie Dela @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 03:37)
You can apparantley get it at the remnants bunker (i intend to check that out later as well as the deathclaw location)

make sure you are doing Arcade's companion quest before you go to the Remnants bunker.

Done. Now he's f*cked off I'm gonna get Lilly back tounge.gif

The armours pretty cool smile.gif

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:50 AM

Wayside Productions has a kickstarter page up for season two of Nuka Break.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:42 PM

Thread's kind of dead, so I'm going to go ahead and bump this with a recent picture from Skulkwater Gulch, a decent - if silly - town mod. It isn't finished (and it shows in some areas, unforunately), but I'm enjoying it so far, except for the fact that several citizens were dead when I entered the town. They acted fine after I resurrected them, though, so it was no big deal.

user posted image

If anyone is interested in the armor I'm wearing, send me a PM rather than asking for it here.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Faceless, Nameless, Endless War

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:03 PM

Arise, Sir Thread.

user posted image

Hotlinks to a full-size image.

Armor is custom, so is the weapon. Hat from a pack that Pat directed me to.

High Resolution textures, Enhanced Shaders with custom pallete, Imaginator, Cinematech, Electro City FXAA tool and forced SSAO

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:13 PM

Damn that looks good. It's a shame I couldn't bring myself to start a new character after my saves broke. This game is f*cking great and mods make it fantastic. Urgh.

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Vette pass by, errbody looking

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:50 PM

I've never played Fallout New Vegas, is it worth getting? I really like Fallout 3 and the Elder Scrolls so I might get it. All my friends have said that Fallout 3 was a lot better but I guess I will have to try it rather than just take their word.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE (illegal_luggage @ Monday, May 21 2012, 15:50)
I really like Fallout 3 and the Elder Scrolls

well then...

is it worth getting?

obviously!

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (illegal_luggage @ Monday, May 21 2012, 23:50)
All my friends have said that Fallout 3 was a lot better

Then it's safe to say that there's a fairly good chance you should make new friends. People just write it off for several reasons; it isn't the same bleak apocalyptic setting as FO3, the gameplay is more balanced and won't allow you to one-hit kill everything in sight as easily and you don't just run around shooting sh*t like it's just a simple FPS whilst pretending you're playing an RPG. In fact most people in Fallout 3 just used VATs and let the game shoot for them.

...I still loved the game though. New Vegas is just better in almost every way except atmosphere/gameworld to me. The quality of the writing compared to 3 seals the deal.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:47 AM

lol, well everyone looks for different things in a game.
I wouldn't abandon my friends just because they like FO3 better than NV.

but I would agree that NV is better than 3 overall.

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:54 PM

Hey guys, I've bought Fallout 3 some days ago. For the most part, I've been busy with side quests and haven't progressed in the story too much. After seeing some of the downtown of DC, I came to the conclusion that New Vegas (city) is a f*cking joke. I'm already ready to say that Fallout 3 is better in terms of setting and atmosphere. The quests are way more interesting. In F3, you can also see much more need for survival. It's every man for himself. New Vegas almost came back to civilization.
The gameplay mechanics are almost the same. There are less weapons, perks and stuff, but I never cared about that stuff. The story, setting etc. have always been my favorite aspects of games. I don't care if the game has a few perks/weapons less.

Glad I bought it, should have gotten F3 first.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• Members
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:05 PM

It's folly to compare them, they're supposed to be different. I think 3 is slightly better but I liked the sunkissed western feel to it, it's a welcom change of theme

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE (Mati @ Thursday, May 24 2012, 11:54)
New Vegas almost came back to civilization.

That's the f*cking point of the Fallout series. It's not supposed to be post-apocalyptic, it's about civilization being rebuilt after the apocalypse is done and over with. "Post-post-apocalypticism," if you will (although I'm not a fan of that term, personally). In fact, one of the major gripes of Fallout veterans with 3 was the fact that it tried to be post-apocalyptic rather than following the style of the previous games (not to mention the numerous contradictions of lore, but I digress).

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE (Mati @ Thursday, May 24 2012, 09:54)
In F3, you can also see much more need for survival.

you have obviously never tried to play New Vegas on hardcore mode tounge2.gif

King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

When someone close to you dies, move seats

• Members

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:38 PM

I'm going to try another run with it. I still haven't completed the storyline.

Firefly8000
  • Firefly8000

The Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE (Pat @ Thursday, May 24 2012, 21:03)
QUOTE (Mati @ Thursday, May 24 2012, 11:54)
New Vegas almost came back to civilization.

That's the f*cking point of the Fallout series. It's not supposed to be post-apocalyptic, it's about civilization being rebuilt after the apocalypse is done and over with. "Post-post-apocalypticism," if you will (although I'm not a fan of that term, personally). In fact, one of the major gripes of Fallout veterans with 3 was the fact that it tried to be post-apocalyptic rather than following the style of the previous games (not to mention the numerous contradictions of lore, but I digress).

Hmm. Didn't we discuss this already?

@Mati:
You really need to play F1 & F2 in order to see where F3 falls short of the line, and NV sprints right through the finish.
That said F3 is an epic game. The setting is just too 'post-apocalypsey' for Fallout, and the story is pretty whack.
The way you describe New Vegas as almost coming back to civilization is how the world was left of after F2.
There were whole cities in that game (New Reno, Vault City, etc.) while there was also Tribes etc. carried over to NV such as Caesar's Legion, The Great Khans and others. Even F1 wasn't entirely Post-Apocalypse, that was the rebuilding of civilisation in that game as a whole.

We went from:

Fallout 1 - Which was the slow rebuilding of the world in that setting. (Set in 2162)
To Fallout 2 - Which shown that the world was more or less rebuilt, bustling with law, gambling, entertainment and technology. (Set in 2241)
To Fallout 3 - Which shifted the setting to the East coast of America, and shown the cities as in ruins or made out of scrap. (Rivet City, Megaton) D.C. was still standing even though it was hit by nukes (Wth?) and people seemed to struggle to survive. (Set in 2277)
To New Vegas - Which shifted back to California, and as with Fallout 2 again showed that the world had risen from its ashes. Las Vegas was still standing as a minority of nukes hit the Mojave Desert. (Set in 2281)

Out of all those, I think it's safe to say that Fallout 3 is the odd one out. Most hardcore fans tend to ignore the fact it even exists.

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:00 PM

May I use this topic for Fallout 3 questions?

Which DLC is the best? Broken Steel, The Pitt or Point Lookout?
A great story and a great environment are both interesting aspects to me. I'm not interested in the MQ of the main game so we can scratch Broken Steel from the list (same goes for Mothership Zeta and Operation Archonage)

Does The Pitt offer any exploration or is it just a straight forward quest?

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:04 PM Edited by Voodoo, 05 June 2012 - 03:06 PM.

QUOTE (Mati @ Tuesday, Jun 5 2012, 10:00)

Broken Steel is mandatory for your first. It increases the level cap, extends the story, leaves the world open after the endgame and adds new enemies and weapons. Point lookout should definitely be your next after that. It's huge compared to the others and adds some excellent perks. The Pitt was great, too. It's just scaled by comparison and quite stand alone.

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:19 PM Edited by Mati, 05 June 2012 - 03:34 PM.

QUOTE (Voodoo @ Tuesday, Jun 5 2012, 15:04)
QUOTE (Mati @ Tuesday, Jun 5 2012, 10:00)

Broken Steel is mandatory for your first. It increases the level cap, extends the story, leaves the world open after the endgame and adds new enemies and weapons. Point lookout should definitely be your next after that. It's huge compared to the others and adds some excellent perks. The Pitt was great, too. It's just scaled by comparison and quite stand alone.

Point lookout looks freakin' sweet though. I'd love more variation and choices. Does Broken Steel offer many choices and variation?

I've got other games to play and it's likely that I won't get more than 1 DLC.
The story kinda sucked and I'm sure it'll suck in BS.

I want a new location.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:36 PM Edited by Tycek, 05 June 2012 - 03:52 PM.

Broken Steel sucks terribly in terms of story, choices and quests. You got three new, boring quests, which will make the game ending even more stupid. Only point to get it is the new level cap (30). New enemies and weapons are not that interesting and needed.

Point Lookout and The Pitt were add-ons worth something and if I even will be playing F3 again then it will be only for them.

New location?

Point Lookout will give you big swamp area with a lot of mutated hillbillies. The Pitt will give you great city of Pittsburg (smaller than PL though).

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:38 PM

You really should just get both. Yes, BS adds a lot of variation to the wasteland in the form of new, more challenging enemies, new weapons and items. Whether you care about the main story or not, you should get it for that and the level cap increase/perks. Point Lookout was my favorite by far, though.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Faceless, Nameless, Endless War

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:36 AM

BUMP

Its been a month, but a worthy bump indeed- especially for those playing on PC (unfortunately, if you aren't, all this will really serve to do is to rub your nose in how you should have got the PC version...)

A new and proper world mod/expansion pack has been released by a team over on the Nexus- it's called Beyond Boulder Dome and it's utterly incredible. World-space rather reminiscent of DC in FO3, very dark and grungy, new weapons, armours, enemies and equipment, a decent, if slightly linear, main plot and several hours worth of side quests. In terms of atmosphere, its like a cross between the ST.A.L.K.E.R series and Fallout 3, with a bit of Metro thrown in for good measure. In other words, very, very good.

Anyone playing on PC, I urge you to get it. Some have complained about various bugs, but in my 3-or-so hours of playing I've had less crashes or glitches than I get in the Vanilla game.

You can get it here

Obligatory screenshots-

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:42 AM

Looks like someone revived another part of Van Buren. Add-on looks sweet and I really wish my PC could run NV. Oh, well.

Enviromental armor from FOT looks great in 3D.

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:44 PM

I can't believe it... You guys still play Fallout New Vegas? Wow lol from what i hear people don't play Fallout no more just Skyrim these days but i don't know. I really miss playing Fallout New Vegas and i was fallout junkie since 2008. wink.gif Btw i haven't try fallout on PC before... but is challenging? because its going to be my first time ever to play Fallout on my PC.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:01 PM

Time to test if I can fit any more mods in my current New Vegas rig, I'm on max og 250, so will have to remove atleast one.

lloydo
  • lloydo

Count

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:37 PM

Just recently bought Fallout 3 and New Vegas for cheap, never played them before. Can't believe I've missed out on such great games, so addictive and fun. icon14.gif

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (Dragonjack @ Saturday, Jul 7 2012, 08:44)
Btw i haven't try fallout on PC before... but is challenging? because its going to be my first time ever to play Fallout on my PC.

FO3NV on the PC was spectacular. I have a tendency to buy the AAA titles for the different platforms I have just to see the differences.

As far as challenging; it may actually be easier, but then again - I'm a keyboard/mouse man. I didn't even know what vats were until I played the console version where you almost need to use that feature for good aiming.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:24 PM

if you want a challenge, follow these simple steps:

- buy FO: New Vegas.
- start a new game.
- before you leave Doc's house, choose Hardcore mode.
- enjoy.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:05 AM

Tempted to buy NV later to give it another go, as I wasn't impressed with it on the Xbawks.

Any recommended mods to install at all?

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:49 AM

Looking very nice, sivis. I'll be sure to try and get some screenshots of it in the near future.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users