Photo

Best mods for film-making? (MP too).

4 replies to this topic
Coldkilla
  • Coldkilla

GTA Film Director

• Members

Posted 19 April 2009 - 12:56 PM

I've been out of GTA IV for about 2-3 months. Since then, I've heard a lot of things about disabled modability to GTA IV's online modes. Is this true?

I will be starting another huge film project soon and I would really like to know if there are any mods that I can run (with MP) in a Private server. During my last film (The Majestic, Sig. Back in January) I didn't have any mods and it took nearly 2 hours to get a small 15 second shot done. However, after we finished the movie - we were able to spawn our cars and uniforms, I could even change the time of Day in the EDITOR, so we coulda filmed all day and night and nothing would have stopped us!... oh and the list goes on. Too bad we didn't have this when we our last film... but thats when I stopped playing.. and now here we are.. now I'm hearing about the game being locked or something...

I've seen some pretty awesome mod videos on youtube but their names were not shown. People moving ramps onto the streets, spawning pedestrians, etc. Those would work to help save me a lot of time in the filming process if I just knew how to get them. That is, if its even possible anymore. sad.gif

Feel free to PM me as well if that'll help. Thanks.

Little Psycho
  • Little Psycho

Unofficial supporter of ms.cooldude mods, lolz

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 April 2009 - 04:00 PM

Super Spawner, and Native Trainer. These are the most needed for making movies.

Coldkilla
  • Coldkilla

GTA Film Director

• Members

Posted 19 April 2009 - 06:48 PM

And will those work in a private MP server?

SlingShotUK
  • SlingShotUK

GTA Collector and fan since 2001

• Members

Posted 19 April 2009 - 09:40 PM

Unfortunately not. For now, the majority of mods cannot be used in MP. Aru's C++ script hook and Hazards .NET hook (which uses the C++ hook) cannot be used in any MP modes.

The GTA Forums rules also prohibit discussion of using mods in multiplayer following R*'s decision to block modified files from working in patch 1.0.3.

There are 'other' means of achieving *some* of this functionality in MP but unfortunately they cannot be openly discussed on this forum.

Coldkilla
  • Coldkilla

GTA Film Director

• Members

Posted 19 April 2009 - 11:31 PM

.... Wait what?

Alright, well... argh, I need to talk to someone about this then... If I cant do it here, can somone PM me where I CAN talk about it? I really don't want to spend 2 hours organizing a 15 second shot again for this next movie of mine.

The project is simply too big, and too ambitious to be doing everything with the Vinilla version and random online actors. Argh this just sucks then... no mods in MP? I can't have my actors change their outfits to policemen? Or fly LCPD choppers? Argh!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users