77 replies to this topic
cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:39 PM

Hi friends, GTA 2 seems to be a very interesting game, but I cannot play it for more than 5 minutes, it gives me headache and nausea sad.gif

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• Members

Posted 14 October 2010 - 04:36 AM

Is it the 30 FPS or just the view? What makes you sick? It's more common to get sick from 3D shooters.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE (Sektor @ Oct 14 2010, 04:36)
Is it the 30 FPS or just the view? What makes you sick? It's more common to get sick from 3D shooters.

lol? i don't get sick at all from 3D shooting games. i also got headache, acturally i just played for 2 mins and didnt want to play anymore, i got headache cuz of the view, im not used to sky view anymore since the last time i played it was 8 yrs ago.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies

Posted 14 October 2010 - 07:01 PM

After hearing people talk bout gta 2 lol I might go and give it a try.

Only two top down gta games I played was GTA advance and China town wars lol

Really calling any of the GTA games crap is not really a fair statement. Yea I did not enjoy vice city that much, but I think there main reason for changing up IV vs San Andreas is so there features are different. Even though it goes off topic a little bit, has anyone noticed that the features they put in a game are based on what the story is about.

Anyway back on topic. I remember when I played GTA Advance, It was fun and hard because I would shoot the guns and u see the bullets move in the direction where u shoot. I mean I never finished the story, but it was something worth tryin out.

I guess I will have to reply again once I try gta 2 and see how that is.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:54 AM

Sektor I don't think it's the FPS, I play GTA III and GTA Vice City with 30 FPS and I don't have problems, just sometimes I have headache, I have headache and nausea most in top down games, I don't know why! sad.gif I wanted very much to could play GTA 2, because it seems very fun, and it has CLAUDE SPEED inlove.gif

GTASAIDEAMASTER
  • GTASAIDEAMASTER

Made in china.

• Members

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:51 AM

I played all GTA games,i like them by the fun factor too biggrin.gif and i made a list of fun in each game and why(only classics and some GTA games from era 3 and 4)...
GTA 1:7.5(Liked:All 3 major GTA cities in 1 game.Don't Liked:Gets boring after sometime)
GTA London(1969,1961):8(Liked:Brand new city. Don't liked:Still the same...)
GTA 2:10(Liked:I can blow up trains,download new maps with GTA 2 Game Hunter,race with my friends,put guns and other things in the car,the army finally uses the tank cannon,smart cops,sooo cool i like almost everything on it.Don't liked:Cars a bit old sad.gif )
GTA 3:9(love a mod i have installed,GTA LC Twenty Ten,by onepiece,awesome!)
GTA Vice City: 9.5(love spaz)
GTA Advance:7
GTA SA:8(Too complex,i don't need most of that stuff,and where is my car guns? mad.gif )
GTA Liberty City Stories:9.5(yey GTA 3 era liberty city for the last timeee,fun gamee)
GTA Vice City Stories:9(GTA Vice City is better,but i liked the jetski)
GTA IV:8(not very fun,i just have fun crashing against everything,if i dont crash i look to the game and im drunk in a trash can '-')
GTA Chinatown Wars:7(Trying to bring back topdown games eh?EPIC FAIL)
GTA Lost And Damned:10(Love bikers,love this game,any question?)
GTA Ballad of Gay Tony:9.9(Loved the disco,hated the gay in the game)
This is my list,10min to make it biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

MyDog
  • MyDog

Niko Bellic's my burazer

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 05 November 2010 - 04:09 PM

The Londons are just expansion packs for the GTA...

Thenoob
  • Thenoob

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (Fireman @ Tuesday, Jun 23 2009, 10:24)
Let's get something straight here:

Story in GTA = fail.
Which is why IMO GTA 2 was better since it didn't have a sh*tty story attached to it, and it had way more humor than all the other gta's combined. On the other hand the graphics and gameplay were improved (improved gameplay = more options) in each GTA up to IV.

I'd choose for GTA 2 myself, because it's definately the most fun of all of them, after that the games became too serious.

GTA 3, Chinatown Wars, and 4 suffer from an identity crises. (I haven't played Vice City, and San Andreas) They didn't know if they wanted to be dark and gritty crime games, or humerous parodys. One of the cool things about GTA 1 and 2 were that they stuck with a direction. They were both humerous. GTA 1 was run over pedesterians in a colorfull city. GTA 2 also had the GTA 1 humor however took place in a dark futuristic city. GTA 3 (while a great game) seemed to been unable to decided if it wanted to be humerous or dark or dark and gritty. GTA 5 looks like it trys to immitate some crappy Hollywood movie (no offence) Honestley what is Rockstars recent obbsession with trying to make there games like Hollywood movies? GTA 6 should either have GTA 1 and 2 humor, or be a vary dark and gritty crime game. No hero characters like in Chinatown Wars and 4. Make the character have no regard to human life (Like the characters from GTA 1, 2, and 3) ditch the storyline, re-ad the gang system from 2 and improve it and you got the perfect GTA game.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:54 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 23 January 2013 - 02:04 AM.

QUOTE (Thenoob @ Wednesday, Jan 23 2013, 06:29)
ditch the storyline,

Yeah that's an awesome idea. sarcasm.gif

If you don't care about the story then skip the god damn cutscenes. Why should the series go backwards 15 years? People do actually like the storylines in GTA games you know.

I started with GTA 1 when I was in highschool, but I can't imagine a GTA game without a storyline by today's standards. Might aswell re-buy GTA 1 and GTA II.

JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE (Thenoob @ Tuesday, Jan 22 2013, 19:29)

Story in GTA = fail.
Which is why IMO GTA 2 was better since it didn't have a sh*tty story attached to it, and it had way more humor than all the other gta's combined. On the other hand the graphics and gameplay were improved (improved gameplay = more options) in each GTA up to IV.

I'd choose for GTA 2 myself, because it's definately the most fun of all of them, after that the games became too serious.

GTA 3, Chinatown Wars, and 4 suffer from an identity crises. (I haven't played Vice City, and San Andreas) They didn't know if they wanted to be dark and gritty crime games, or humerous parodys. One of the cool things about GTA 1 and 2 were that they stuck with a direction. They were both humerous. GTA 1 was run over pedesterians in a colorfull city. GTA 2 also had the GTA 1 humor however took place in a dark futuristic city. GTA 3 (while a great game) seemed to been unable to decided if it wanted to be humerous or dark or dark and gritty. GTA 5 looks like it trys to immitate some crappy Hollywood movie (no offence) Honestley what is Rockstars recent obbsession with trying to make there games like Hollywood movies? GTA 6 should either have GTA 1 and 2 humor, or be a vary dark and gritty crime game. No hero characters like in Chinatown Wars and 4. Make the character have no regard to human life (Like the characters from GTA 1, 2, and 3) ditch the storyline, re-ad the gang system from 2 and improve it and you got the perfect GTA game.

This comes from the typical guy who turns on GTA1 / GTA2, runs over a few peds, kills some people, throws some rockets around, and then shuts off the game after 15 minutes.

GTA1 and GTA2 both had missions to follow, and there was actually a story. The fact that you never bothered to check it out does not change anything about that.

GTA3 knew perfectly well what it needed to be, a 3D open-world crime game. And sorry but I can't think of any scenes in GTAIII that made me roll on the floor laughing. Sure there were funny references, easter eggs, but these have nothing to do with the story, and if you can't see them apart then that's your problem, not Rockstar's.

And I don't see why we need to "define" these GTA games. Why put labels like "gritty" or "humorous" on them? A game that's really good has a mix of both at the right moments. GTAIV nailed that to the letter. It was dark and gritty when it needed to be, and at the right times, Roman's light-heartedness and joking personality would cheer things up. It's not one thing or the other, it's a perfect mishmash of different moods and different emotions. It's a shame you're too short-sighted to notice that.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE (JustRob @ Thursday, Jan 24 2013, 22:59)
QUOTE (Thenoob @ Tuesday, Jan 22 2013, 19:29)

Story in GTA = fail.

This comes from the typical guy who turns on GTA1 / GTA2, runs over a few peds, kills some people, throws some rockets around, and then shuts off the game after 15 minutes.

GTA1 and GTA2 both had missions to follow, and there was actually a story. The fact that you never bothered to check it out does not change anything about that.

GTA3 knew perfectly well what it needed to be, a 3D open-world crime game. And sorry but I can't think of any scenes in GTAIII that made me roll on the floor laughing. Sure there were funny references, easter eggs, but these have nothing to do with the story, and if you can't see them apart then that's your problem, not Rockstar's.

And I don't see why we need to "define" these GTA games. Why put labels like "gritty" or "humorous" on them? A game that's really good has a mix of both at the right moments. GTAIV nailed that to the letter. It was dark and gritty when it needed to be, and at the right times, Roman's light-heartedness and joking personality would cheer things up. It's not one thing or the other, it's a perfect mishmash of different moods and different emotions. It's a shame you're too short-sighted to notice that.

Well said. icon14.gif

I still can't believe the guy suggested there should be no storyline for a future GTA. Lets go back to top down while we're at it because we shouldn't listen to the fanbase that wants the series to move ahead.

It's 2013 not 1997. sarcasm.gif

JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

Exactly. And it's not like a lot has changed, the series has just evolved. The graphics have become better, the world is bigger, the perspective is different, and the story and characters are a lot more compelling.

And I don't see your problem anyways, if you don't care about story then download a story-complete savegame and go nuts with it. Or if you don't care about the rewards from missions, just don't do them.

GTA really is a game where you can do what you want. Don't like the story? Don't do it. But don't chop it out for those who do want it.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

Really people can say what they like about the story in GTA not being important, but the fact is it is. If people don't care they can free roam until their heart's content, but without a story where does that leave the players who like to immerse in a typical GTA story? and that's the majority of players.

I really hate how selfish some can get.

Verdant
  • Verdant

On Doomsday!

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:12 AM

I do know that if I told my friends to try this game out they would compare it to today's games.
What I really enjoyed about GTA 2 was the storyline. Working for multiple gangs each level. Zaibatsu was my favourite, there vehicle was awesome. Nostalgic inlove.gif .

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

It's not that we don't care about the story, we're simply stating that the protagonists and storylines in GTA 3, San Andread and IV are all awful.

And they get in the way more than they contribute as in:

"Oh what a twist in the storyline, you lose everything you worked for!"

I can't understand how you two can like anything related to the story in GTA IV, it was just horrendous. I'm not saying there shouldn't be a storyline, but IF there is a storyline, make it a storyline with some content or none at all.

People do actually like the storylines in GTA games you know

Why??!??!?

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K14

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:57 AM

^ Really? Those are your complaints? I don't think you've paid attention or understood much of any of the storylines.

liana12
  • liana12

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:31 PM

gta 2 best game ever f*ckers icon14.gif devil.gif

Petsevsky
  • Petsevsky

DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT

• Members

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:23 AM

GTA 2 is a classic and it deserves respect. It was a great game back in 1999 and still is today by it's standards.

"RESPECT IS EVERYTHING."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users