Photo

GTA 2 crap

77 replies to this topic
JoshGTAfreak
  • JoshGTAfreak

Homie

• Members

Posted 19 April 2009 - 03:07 AM

i played GTA2 today and relised how crap it was. How the hell did it become what it is today?

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here.

• United-States

Posted 19 April 2009 - 04:19 AM

QUOTE (JoshGTAfreak @ Apr 18 2009, 21:07)
i played GTA2 today and relised how crap it was. How the hell did it become what it is today?

I think just about anyone who has played the 3D games before they played the original 2D top-down games will find the top-down games to be almost unplayable. Of even those who haven't played the first two in many years will find them to now be lesser games. But yeah, I personally could never get into the top-down games back before things went 3D. Still, it had to start somewhere.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2009 - 04:21 AM

I think most people these days immediately associate good gaming with good graphics. If a game doesn't have high-end graphics and sickening amounts of bloom; then it isn't good. What people tend to look past is game play features and originality. Back in the days of GTA 1/2, DMA were the only ones doing this, there weren't hundreds of "GTA clones" running around like there is today.

I would like to know though, what exactly did you find crap about it?

B-$hep
  • B-$hep

0xBADF00D

• Members

Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:13 AM Edited by B-$hep, 19 April 2009 - 08:20 AM.

If you don't like it then don't play it, go play your San andreas, it's even more crap.
Simple as that.

People love classics and old classics are even better comparing todays sh*t that they develop.
If you don't like it, then it doesn't mean it's crap.

It's oldschool game and hundreds if not thousands people still loving it and playing it. Just like me.

I don't even play todays 3D crap, top down is what i like. I played 3D GTAs and they are boring. Todays developers do not work hard, they just put some crap together and sell it, just to get money nothing else.

I just call you crap player, because you call GTA2 crap.
You like it or not, i don't care.

Thunderfuckrapist
  • Thunderfuckrapist

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Vehicle 2012 [HD GTA Cars]

Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:31 AM

In a world without GTA3, we all thought GTA2 was the bomb, and it was, of course it doesnt stand up to san andreas and IV, it was made TEN YEARS AGO.

atsike7
  • atsike7

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:40 AM

Seriously, look how old it is!

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE (B-$hep @ Apr 19 2009, 08:13)
If you don't like it then don't play it, go play your San andreas, it's even more crap.
Simple as that.

People love classics and old classics are even better comparing todays sh*t that they develop.
If you don't like it, then it doesn't mean it's crap.

It's oldschool game and hundreds if not thousands people still loving it and playing it. Just like me.

I don't even play todays 3D crap, top down is what i like. I played 3D GTAs and they are boring. Todays developers do not work hard, they just put some crap together and sell it, just to get money nothing else.

I just call you crap player, because you call GTA2 crap.
You like it or not, i don't care.

Why can't we just love both 2D and 3D GTAs?

B-$hep
  • B-$hep

0xBADF00D

• Members

Posted 19 April 2009 - 05:13 PM Edited by B-$hep, 19 April 2009 - 05:15 PM.

GTA2 is 3D and i love it. I repeat i love GTA2, not all 3D games out-there. GTA2: Love at first sight and now already 7 years loving and playing it.
That's offtopic and i think it's enough.

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 19 April 2009 - 07:46 PM

Simple as that.

No it isn't. Thats your opinion. And SA isn't crap- it's the best selling ps2 game ever.
People like you just say things based on your opinion without giving evidence into your opinion just becuase your annoyed someone put down your game.

atsike7
  • atsike7

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 April 2009 - 09:15 PM Edited by atsike7, 19 April 2009 - 09:22 PM.

SA isn't crap- it's the best selling ps2 game ever.

No, Gran Turismo 3 was PS2's best selling game ever.

But let's take it that way.

GTA2 was made in 1999
GTA SA was made in 2004

SA is 5 years older than GTA2 and of course it has better graphics, more possibilities, but GTA2 is classic and lot of people are playing it today.

If you are true GTA fan then you gotta love GTA2.
You can't say that GTA2 is crap, because GTA started with "crap" like that.

Xegethra
  • Xegethra

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:52 PM

yeah without this co called crap they wouldnt have had the desire to continue making them

but i still love gta 2, its my favorite one. the new gtas are ok to me....nothing special like the old games are....all they did was make the camera behind the player as opposed to above him, and made it a streotypical gangster and on occasion gangsta or whatever and we ended up with gta 4 with hardly any gameplay, too much focus on graphics and characters weve all seen in the last game and film and its a wonder anyone still gives a sh*t about them anymore.....(the personalities and stuff i mean) they are just...boring. we have seen them before

at least in old gta, granted we have seen the type...but they were over played a little, almost taken the piss out of. and i liked it over the top, game show like qualilties which the game has lost....

its just in later years they seem to be making less effort....its the same with any game really. there arent that many great games out there...its a shame that most people are told its great and believe it cus it looks good....cant think for themselves so they churn out games they dont have to bother with so much....if more people were able to ignore the fancy graphics and done up adverts and REALLY think what makes a good game and really think about how it can at least try to be different, try to expand into new gameplay and stories...then games would have more features in them, lots of effort in story so its not another guy getting yet more revenge over some gits death, and also good graphics to go....

games to me have no soul today, theres some games i like but not many...they are all the same so whats the point?

JoshGTAfreak
  • JoshGTAfreak

Homie

• Members

Posted 20 April 2009 - 12:51 AM

QUOTE (Jacky Fiend @ Apr 19 2009, 04:21)
I think most people these days immediately associate good gaming with good graphics. If a game doesn't have high-end graphics and sickening amounts of bloom; then it isn't good. What people tend to look past is game play features and originality. Back in the days of GTA 1/2, DMA were the only ones doing this, there weren't hundreds of "GTA clones" running around like there is today.

Well i find it not deep enough. it doesn't have soul IMO. the graphics for me are OK for the time.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE (JoshGTAfreak @ Apr 20 2009, 01:51)
QUOTE (Jacky Fiend @ Apr 19 2009, 04:21)

Well i find it not deep enough. it doesn't have soul IMO. the graphics for me are OK for the time.

Right, so killing people and stealing their cars needs to have 'soul' for you, does it? Trust me mate. No matter what you do. You're still going to hell. wink.gif

McLovin2404
  • McLovin2404

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:59 AM

I started my GTA-ing back in 98 with GTA (top down version). It was fun at the time but when I tried playing it again recently, just wasnt used to it since I've been spending alot of time playing 3D GTA. Good times though icon14.gif

Its kinda like SimCity2000. A few years back they released SimCity something which was 3D...you get to cruise in the city you built. I guess gaming companies are getting with the times...

Vinnie
  • Vinnie

Slackware Linux

• Members

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:14 PM

They're 2 completely different games in terms of playability and they shouldn't be compared at all. GTA 2 is a brilliant game.

Gundog
  • Gundog

EnTrance

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 20 April 2009 - 11:16 PM

My first GTA was III back in late '01, early '02, don't remember anymore, anyways, I was curious about GTA1 and 2 in '04 maybe, and found them to be brilliant, better than SA.

Well, not so much for GTA1, but GTA2 kept me occupied for months, still does.

GTA1 was hard, dude.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:12 AM

God I get a sour taste when people call the classic GTAs "crap". IMO anyone who says that isn't a true fan of the series.

In saying that though the guys running down the 3D GTAs are just as bad.

Why can't we all just enjoy them for what they are?

To me a real GTA fan respects EVERY GTA in some way or another. You guys that divide yourselves into different camps make me bloody sick.

B-$hep
  • B-$hep

0xBADF00D

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:31 AM

If you are sick then call a doctor.

Only GTA's i truly respect are GTA1, GTA2 and GTA3. Yes i don't play GTA1 so much, but anyway i respect it and will complete it for sure one day because at the moment im busy with my map editor for GTA2. These 3 are brilliant games, as few other told here. These are games i respect. I don't care about Vice, San or IV.
I don't play them and i don't care about them.

From Vice to IV there is just garbage of boring versions and not those GTA's that they made in 1997, 1999 and 2003 which are best ones.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE (B-$hep @ Apr 21 2009, 09:31)
From Vice to IV there is just garbage of boring versions and not those GTA's that they made in 1997, 1999 and 2003 which are best ones.

GTA III was made in 2001.

B-$hep
  • B-$hep

0xBADF00D

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:54 PM

2001 was PS version, i don't care about consoles.
But yes, 2003 is not correct, it was released 2002 for PC.

But i think it's enough about GTA3? This thread is about GTA2.

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

The Number of the Beast

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:05 PM

Ah, the good old days before I cared about storylines. The old GTAs were all about creating havoc for me, especially GTA: London. The first time you find that Austin Powers car and find one of them football stadiums was ace. Good memories.

GTA 2 was crap in regards to the whole futuristic setting. I didn't like that and I believe that's a point justified, unlike this bullsh*t about graphics tounge2.gif Loved GTA and GTA: London though.

Xegethra
  • Xegethra

Trick

• Members

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:07 AM

i liked its setting, tried something new and i rekon it worked as in genereal, the future is percieved to be dystopian in some way or another

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members

Posted 22 April 2009 - 04:51 PM Edited by chapapote, 22 April 2009 - 05:08 PM.

QUOTE (Xegethra @ Apr 22 2009, 00:07)
i liked its setting, tried something new and i rekon it worked as in genereal, the future is percieved to be dystopian in some way or another

I liked GTA 2's atmosphere. It has a very dark one, only GTA 3 has such an atmosphere. I love SA because of its features, but SA's guetto atmosphere is not as good as GTA 2's (although I still find it better than VC's).

Just one point... You say it's futuristic setting, but actually, the only futuristic thing on that game is those SRS clones and the electrogun. Cars are exactly like today cars, most building follow today's architecture...

Xegethra
  • Xegethra

Trick

• Members

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:59 PM

the cars arernt todays cars, they are like 20s and 40s but done up all futuristic. retro futurism. also lots of lights seems futuristic. the lighting...the darkness. and the electro gun. the swat teams armor, lots of machinery

its only near future so it wont be that different from today, just darker and more dystopian really

JoshGTAfreak
  • JoshGTAfreak

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:33 AM

Well i played it the other day and it took my mind off things for a couple of minutes, but i got bored really quickly. It also doesn't have much gameplay either.

B-$hep
  • B-$hep

0xBADF00D

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:34 AM Edited by B-$hep, 23 April 2009 - 08:46 AM.

There is hundreds if not thousands of people (including me) who love good old classics , GTA1, GTA2 and they play them. I tried San, i tried Vice. I can tell you that i got bored quickly while playing these two. I wiped these games out of my HDD immediately.

In GTA2 i never get bored. There is so much fun in this game.

I tell you. If you don't like it then don't play it. It's simple.

Posting here and saying that game is boring doesn't make it better for you.
Let the people play old classics.

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE (Xegethra @ Apr 22 2009, 21:59)
the cars arernt todays cars, they are like 20s and 40s but done up all futuristic. retro futurism.

Most cars are based on real models of cars (the Stingray, the Jaguar E-Type, the Lamborghi Miura, the Volkswagen Beetle). Originally cars were going to have a much more futuristic design, but it was dropped out.

Vinnie
  • Vinnie

Slackware Linux

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 03:46 PM

Actually after playing for a while again I think that the music in GTA 2 is awesome. I also think that the PSX version is terrible in comparison to the Dreamcast and PC. The control feels slow and the graphics are obviously scaled down. Also a little off topic speaking of the Dreamcast it would have been great to have GTA III On it.

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE (Vinnie @ Apr 23 2009, 15:46)
Actually after playing for a while again I think that the music in GTA 2 is awesome. I also think that the PSX version is terrible in comparison to the Dreamcast and PC. The control feels slow and the graphics are obviously scaled down. Also a little off topic speaking of the Dreamcast it would have been great to have GTA III On it.

The only good thing about the PSX version, according to what I've heard, is that is way much easier than the PC version (and the Dreamcast version, I suppose). Some Kill Frenzies on the PC version have objective which are impossible to achieve, but they're achievable on PSX version.

[GTA Man]cycon77foamy[GTA Man]
  • [GTA Man]cycon77foamy[GTA Man]

Abandoned

• Members

Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:19 AM

I still play GTa 2 every now and then.

It was the first GTA game I played. It was a great game and I would hire it every other week, ironically though
I never acctually got into the series (didnt even know it was a series) till a friend of mine got a PS2 and GTA III.

GTa 2 is #3 in my order of GTA games from least favourite to most favourite.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users