Photo

GTA Majestic City

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
128 replies to this topic
Mafioso86
  • Mafioso86

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:46 PM Edited by Mafioso86, 24 April 2009 - 08:11 AM.

more please cool.gif

Also I thought I might add some pics of cars that don't currently exist in the GTAverse that would be nice to see...
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE (Mafioso86 @ Apr 23 2009, 23:46)
more please cool.gif

What would you like to see more of? smile.gif

Mafioso86
  • Mafioso86

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:41 PM

QUOTE (Jacky Fiend @ Apr 23 2009, 22:55)
QUOTE (Mafioso86 @ Apr 23 2009, 23:46)
more please cool.gif

What would you like to see more of? smile.gif

missions, characters, story, gangs. As you can see above I've been thinking about vehicles... maybe what vehicles do the gangs use, or what kind of car is Bob Thatcher's. Also maybe some setting details... like what neighborhoods are there and what will they be like, where are the Caine Firm and Turk Mafia based, etc. I guess some of this is more suited to the thread in the Writer's thing, but I read both so where ever you post it works.

TonyClifton
  • TonyClifton

PR Spokesman for Tony Prince

• Members

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:45 AM

QUOTE (Dragonex100 @ Apr 18 2009, 03:13)
Well, you guys have me convinced biggrin.gif

Sorry, I dont know much about London, I've never been out of the states.

The reason you guys in the States have the "right to bear arms" is in case we British try and invade and take back what was originally "ours"! Stems back to the War of Independence. "The British Are Coming!" and all that.

Never mind, we've still got the S.A.S........ smile.gif

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 24 April 2009 - 05:51 PM

I would love to go on a Chav-killing rampage! biggrin.gif

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Members

Posted 25 April 2009 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE (TonyClifton @ Apr 24 2009, 04:45)
The reason you guys in the States have the "right to bear arms" is in case we British try and invade and take back what was originally "ours"!  Stems back to the War of Independence.  "The British Are Coming!" and all that.

Which 'bear arms' is that?

user posted image

or

user posted image

or

user posted image

damn you dirty apes!!!

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2009 - 05:31 PM

I've been working on the policing system against (since this seems to be a major problem with most people when it comes to setting GTA in London), here's a revised version of the one I posted earlier:
  • 1 Star: Unarmed Police Officers will try and apprehend you using non lethal force. They arrive in Police Cars or on foot. There are two different skins for these police officers: Dry weather and wet weather.
  • 2 Star: Police Officers will begin using non-lethal weaponry to stop you. CS spray (mace), tazer guns and batons. They also come in two variants and arrive in Police Cars or on foot.
  • 3 Star: Authorised Firearm Officers (AFO) wil arrive in ARV (Armoured Response Vehicles) and try to engage you. They are armed with pistols and shotguns.
  • 4 Star: SO19/15 will come after you. They are England's answer to SWAT. Armed with MP5's and G36's as well as body armour. They will try and subdue you from a distance using snipers and helicopter gunners.
  • 5 Star: CID (Criminal Investigation Department) will step-in. They are the equivalent to FIB in GTA IV. Arriving in unmarked police vehicles they are armed with MP5s and body armour.
  • 6 Star: SAS will be called-out. They are the most dangerous and highly trained anti-terror unit in the world. They will engage you directly and do not stop until you are dead. Using advanced urban warfare tactics they are a force to be reckoned with. They are armed with MP5s, G36s, body armour and flash-bang grenades.
Police Vehicles:

Patrol Car
user posted image

Response Car
user posted image

ARV (Armoured Response Vehicle)
user posted image

Police Van
user posted image

CID Buffalo
user posted image

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:33 PM

You should add this to the main page Jacky, instead of posting numurous of times everywhere. Put this in the main page if you wish.

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

The Droogs, Finally real rapists on the scene.

• Members

Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:39 PM

Are you working on a map for this? to replicate london yet in the usual "island" GTA fashion.

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE (Jacky Fiend @ Apr 25 2009, 17:31)
Patrol Car
user posted image

Response Car
user posted image

So basicly in the UK the police have a car that they use for patroling and one for response?
Wow, here in the US the police use one type car that's used for both patrol and response.

Dragonex100
  • Dragonex100

I run this town! Me!

• Members

Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:55 PM

Hmm, those police cars are mighty intimidating sarcasm.gif . No offence.

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

• Members

Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE (Dragonex100 @ Apr 26 2009, 00:55)
Hmm, those police cars are mighty intimidating sarcasm.gif . No offence.

They're not meant to be intimidating.
@ Seth Penguin: No, The patrol cars are more for car chases and general patrol, the response car is called out if it is needed, often when extra policemen/women are required at the scene of the crime. Its just liek in GTA IV, there is Police cruiser and Police patrol.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (Sanjeem @ Apr 26 2009, 00:33)
You should add this to the main page Jacky, instead of posting numurous of times everywhere. Put this in the main page if you wish.

I'm still fine-tuning the Wanted Level system, until I've finalized it, I don't plan on posting it on the first page. That is only for complete ideas.

QUOTE (Pr0xy_fl00d3r @ Apr 26 2009, 00:39)
Are you working on a map for this? to replicate london yet in the usual "island" GTA fashion.

Eventually. I'm still trying to decide which districts to include, at the moment I'm looking at including:

• Westminster
  • Brixton
  • Hackney
  • Soho
  • Camden
  • Peckham

I found these maps on Google. It will probably be the base for my Majestic City map:

user posted image

user posted image

QUOTE (sethpenguin @ Apr 26 2009, 00:46)
So basicly in the UK the police have a car that they use for patroling and one for response?
Wow, here in the US the police use one type car that's used for both patrol and response.

I thought it was the case almost everywhere - I've actually rode in the back of a Response Car (not as a criminal, don't worry) and they're pretty fast. It was a different model to the one I posted though. I was unable to find a picture of it.

General Goose
  • General Goose

Because Jeb Bush is all in my house with disease.

• Members

Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:10 AM

May I make a suggestion? It's not completely impossible, and would help the element of satire.

In the fictional GTA world, things have got so crazy, terrorist wise (well, according to the media) that police officers now carry guns.

I like your system regardless, and the regular wanted levels would not changing, but still, in terms of artistic licence, it'll give a bit more freedom.

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE (Jacky Fiend @ Apr 26 2009, 00:04)
I thought it was the case almost everywhere - I've actually rode in the back of a Response Car (not as a criminal, don't worry) and they're pretty fast. It was a different model to the one I posted though. I was unable to find a picture of it.

Do the police out there use riot control vehicles?

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:12 AM

That's possible - though in the case of an immediate terrorist threat regular police officers are not armed. The Metropolitan Police (London's major policing body) simply push more AFO out onto the streets. Since our officers in England need to be properly trained before they are allowed to use a firearm, much more training that an regular American officer receives.

Do the police out there use riot control vehicles?

Yes. The Police Van I posted a picture of (Mercedes Sprinter) are used by the police for riots and large scale public disorder (like the recent G20 riots). They also use horses, though I do not want to include them in-game.

Mafioso86
  • Mafioso86

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:29 AM

In the US as far as cars go the cops usually just drive what they call Cruisers/Interceptors which all serve basically the same function.

Usually a Ford Crown Victoria
user posted image

Chevy Impala
user posted image

or Dodge Charger
user posted image

As you can see these are clearly the basis for the Cruiser, Patrol, and Buffalo of GTAIV; but like a said to my knowledge there is no hierarchy of usage in the American police... the Crown Vic and Charger are definitely faster cars as they have V8s and RWD as opposed to the Impalas V6 and FWD, but I don't think it really makes much of a difference in most cases. The specialized vehicles I guess would be these...
user posted image
user posted image

Then in some cities like parking meter cops and crossing guards and crap like that drive things like these...
user posted image

But regular cops... be it on patrol or called in for backup in normal situations drive any of the top three.

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

• Members

Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:34 AM

You need to include the good old "Majestic city open top bus tours". Similair to the helitours in IV, but with a London twist:
user posted image
lol.gif

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:40 AM

Included a new logo on the front page. wink.gif

General Goose
  • General Goose

Because Jeb Bush is all in my house with disease.

• Members

Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:42 AM

This warrants only one suitable response!

cookie.gif cookie.gif

Mafioso86
  • Mafioso86

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:42 AM Edited by Mafioso86, 26 April 2009 - 12:44 AM.

QUOTE (Pr0xy_fl00d3r @ Apr 26 2009, 00:34)
You need to include the good old "Majestic city open top bus tours". Similair to the helitours in IV, but with a London twist:
user posted image
lol.gif

heh... yeah i was actually kinda surprised we didn't see those in GTAIV. We don't have double deckers used for public transport here, but they're huge in the tourism industry... you see them all over Central Park and Times square. And in Baltimore we have these... yeah we need these... lol
user posted image
user posted image

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:42 AM

QUOTE (Mafioso86 @ Apr 26 2009, 00:29)

In the US as far as cars go the cops usually just drive what they call Cruisers/Interceptors which all serve basically the same function.

Usually a Ford Crown Victoria
user posted image

Chevy Impala
user posted image

or Dodge Charger
user posted image

Wow, compared to those cars the British Police Vehicles look futuristic.

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

• Members

Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:45 AM Edited by Pr0xy_fl00d3r, 26 April 2009 - 12:47 AM.

That new logo is very "London esque".

Sethpenguin, please dont quote multiple pics, break the tag so then it doesent show the pictures.

@mafioso:
We have them in Liverpool, one of the most cultural and famous cities in the world:
user posted image

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (Mafioso86 @ Apr 26 2009, 01:42)
heh... yeah i was actually kinda surprised we didn't see those in GTAIV. We don't have double deckers used for public transport here, but they're huge in the tourism industry... you see them all over Central Park and Times square. And in Baltimore we have these... yeah we need these... lol
[IMG]http://www.angelinno...e_The_Ducks.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://www.baltimore...oto_water01.jpg[IMG]

We have one of those over here in London, I saw it once when I was walking through Westminster:

user posted image

QUOTE (Pr0xy_fl00d3r @ Apr 26 2009, 01:45)

Glad you like it, I thought it might do a better job of representing London.

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (Pr0xy_fl00d3r @ Apr 26 2009, 00:45)
We have them in Liverpool, one of the most cultural and famous cities in the world:

Oh man, I wish I could get one those.

Mafioso86
  • Mafioso86

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE (Pr0xy_fl00d3r @ Apr 26 2009, 00:45)

yeah, that's really cool man, I like it a lot!

I dunno if you're being sarcastic there or not (judging on my experience with Liverpudlians I expect you are)... but you did have the Beatles, which is ofcourse what ever American thinks of when they hear "Liverpool." Someone mentioned "scousers" somewhere and not really knowing what that was I looked it up; needless to say my instant reaction was to imagine Ringo in GTA...

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE (Mafioso86 @ Apr 26 2009, 01:53)

I dunno if you're being sarcastic there or not (judging on my experience with Liverpudlians I expect you are)... but you did have the Beatles, which is ofcourse what ever American thinks of when they hear "Liverpool." Someone mentioned "scousers" somewhere and not really knowing what that was I looked it up; needless to say my instant reaction was to imagine Ringo in GTA...

Liverpool was actually European Capital of Culture in 2008 (the title is given to a different city each year). Despite it's obvious stereotypes, Liverpool is actually quite a nice place. It is my number one location for a British based Grand Theft Auto, after London, of course. Let's not get off-topic though...

What does everyone want to see next?

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

• Members

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:00 AM

Liverpool has more than "scousers", the sheer amount of culture and pride that the city bears is unbelieveable.
user posted image

Back on topic:
The recent knife crime epidemic in London has been huge, will knife crime be a major aspect in GTA: MC?

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE (Pr0xy_fl00d3r @ Apr 26 2009, 02:00)
Back on topic:
The recent knife crime epidemic in London has been huge, will knife crime be a major aspect in GTA: MC?

Good question.

The knife "epidemic" has been sort of overplayed by the media, and isn't as wide spread as most people would like to believe. Since it sort of revolves around low-level crime and petty violence it wont play that much of a role in-game (which will revolve around organized crime).

Mafioso86
  • Mafioso86

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE (Pr0xy_fl00d3r @ Apr 26 2009, 01:00)

Liverpool has more than "scousers", the sheer amount of culture and pride that the city bears is unbelieveable.
user posted image

Back on topic:

Yeah I don't really imagine it to be bad... it always sounded cool to me (again based on what the Beatles had to say)... kinda like working class New York or Boston. And again until an hour or so ago I had never heard the term scouser... I looked it up and it just said it was someone from Liverpool.

As far as what would I like to see... more characters, gang info, missions/story. I guess the missions/story part is more for the other thread, I haven't checked it in a while so I might do that right now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users