GTA Majestic City

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
128 replies to this topic
Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2009 - 11:54 PM Edited by Jacky Fiend, 02 May 2009 - 03:24 PM.

Rockstar Games Presents
user posted image

STORY
    James "Jimmy" Thatcher was born and raised in Majestic City, the jewel in the crown of the British Empire. At age twenty-four, however, he decided to leave Majestic City and head for Liberty City in search of a better life. He found that life, living it up in Liberty with fast cars and loose women. Now, five years later, he has been forced to return home.

Upon arriving in Majestic City he soon discovers that the city he grew-up in has changed drastically. He searches out the one man who can help him, his father; Robert "Bob" Thatcher, a notorious member of the east-end based Caine Firm. Majestic's oldest and once most powerful gang.

It seems Bob wasn't as happy about Jimmy's departure as he originally though. Originally showing cold feelings towards his wayward son, Bob offers him the chance to earn back his respect by working for him. Jimmy soon learns that life isn't as easy as it is in Liberty City.

Forced to work his way back to the top, Jimmy soon learns that his sudden reappearance isn't the only problem on his father's mind. It seems a recent wave of immigration has brought with it a new wave of criminals, people who do not follow the same rules and regulations set down by the Cockney Gangsters of old.

For a in-depth mission by mission storyline please visit the Majestic City topic in Writer's Discussion: Here.
CHARACTERS
    SURNAMEThatcherPHOTO
    FIRST NAMEJames "Jimmy"[x]
    AGE29
    PLACE OF BIRTHMajestic City
    AFFILIATIONSCaine Firm
    CRIMINAL RECORD2004 - Grand Theft Auto
    NOTES
  • Recently moved back to Majestic City from Liberty City.
  • Son of Bob Thatcher, member of the Caine Firm.
  • Believed to be operating alongside other organizations as well as his father's firm.
  • The main character and protagonist of Majestic City. Jimmy has recently moved back to Majestic City from Liberty City where he experienced a life of luxury; fast cars, loose women and pent house suites. After five years, however, he was forced to flee America and return to his home. He is met with a cold reception and is made to work his way back to the top.

SURNAMEThatcherPHOTO
    FIRST NAMERobert "Bob"[x]
    AGE57
    AFFILIATIONSCaine Firm
    CRIMINAL RECORD1974 - Aggravated Assault
    1975 - Possession of an Illegal Firearm
    1983 - Racketeering
    NOTES
  • High ranking member of the Caine Firm, believed to answer to only to Maurice Caine himself.
  • Owns The Bulldog pub in the east-end
  • Jimmy's father, Bob Thatcher is a high-ranking member of the Caine Firm, and often acts as Maurice's second-in-command. He runs a pub in the east-end called 'The Bulldog' which acts as a meeting place for various members of the Caine Firm as well as Jimmy's first safehouse.

SURNAMEBrentPHOTO
    FIRST NAMETimothy[x]
    AGE28
    AFFILIATIONSCaine Firm
    CRIMINAL RECORD2008 - Possession of Controlled Substance: Heroin
    NOTES
  • Low-level member of the Caine Firm.
  • Believed to be a heroin addict.
  • Jimmy's childhood friend, Timothy is a low-level member of the East-End Firm. He is often picked on by the other members of the gang and has turned to heroin as a way to console himself. Jimmy is disappointed with Timothy and vows to set his straight. Timothy offers his services to Jimmy later on in the game as well as a place to stay.

SURNAMECainePHOTO
    FIRST NAMEMaurice[x]
    AGE75
    AFFILIATIONSCaine Firm
    CRIMINAL RECORD1961 - Grand Theft Auto
    1969 - Grand Theft Auto
    1975 - Racketeering
    1977 - Grievous Bodily Harm
    1983 - Racketerring
    NOTES
  • Head of the Caine Firm and a respected old school mobster.
  • Believed to be still committing crimes despite his old age.
  • Committed a string of crimes in 1961 and 1969 but was never convicted.
  • The leader and namesake of the Caine Firm. Maurice is a respected member of the Majestic City underworld and was once the most powerful person in the city. His power has dwindled in recent years, however, as a string of immigrant gangs have started to seize control of the city. He and his gang have been forced back into their small territory in the east-end.

SURNAMEArcherPHOTO
    FIRST NAMESam[x]
    AGE35
    AFFILIATIONSCaine Firm
    CRIMINAL RECORD1990 - Possession of an Illegal Firearm
    1992 - Indecent Exposure
    NOTES
  • Weapons dealer, believed to supply the Caine Firm with firearms.
  • Believed to have been behind a string of robberies across Majestic City.
  • The Caine Firm's resident gun runner. Sam supplies the gang with firearms as well as training people how to use them. He steals most of his weapons from rival gangs, something that he has found Jimmy to have a certain knack for.

SURNAMEDerrickPHOTO
    FIRST NAMEBen "Fists"[x]
    AGE34
    AFFILIATIONSCaine Firm
    CRIMINAL RECORD1986 - Aggrevated Assault
    1987 - Grievous Bodily Harm
    1990 - Possesion of an Illegal Firearm
    1991 - Soliciting Sex
    1992 - Actual Bodily Harm
    NOTES
  • Enforcer for the Caine Firm, believed to induct new members and show them the ropes.
  • Seen fraternizing with prostitutes in Harlot.
  • An trusted member of the Caine Firm, Ben acts as the gang's muscle. He accompanies Jimmy on some of his earlier missions as Maurice is reluctant to send him on missions on his own. Ben and Jimmy have a rocky relationship with Ben believing the newcomer to be a rich boy looking for another easy way out of an tricky situation. Jimmy doesn't help their relationship, either, by calling him "Bo Derrick" something that angers the mobster to no end.

SURNAMEMaummarPHOTO
    FIRST NAMEFakir[x]
    AGE25
    PLACE OF BIRTHTurkey
    AFFILIATIONSMaummar Crime Syndicate
    CRIMINAL RECORD2001 - Indecent Exposure
    2002 - Driving without a License
    2003 - Possession of an Controlled Substance: Cocaine
    2004 - Soliciting Sex
    NOTES
  • Head of the Maummar Crime Syndicate along with his brother, Hamad.
  • Believed to run an illegal fight club.
  • Fakir Maummar is leader of the Maummar Crime Syndicate (more informally known as The Turkish Mafia). He leads a playboy lifestyle similar to that of Jimmy back in Liberty City. Naive and immature, Fakir is the bane of his brother's existence and often causes trouble for the both of them. He is known to have a penchant for cocaine and transsexual women. Fakir runs an illegal fight club which Jimmy joins in order to infiltrate the Turkish Mafia.

SURNAMEMaummarPHOTO
    FIRST NAMEHamad[x]
    AGE36
    PLACE OF BIRTHTurkey
    AFFILIATIONSMaummar Crime Syndicate
    CRIMINAL RECORD1996 - Murder
    1996 - Human Trafficking
    2006 - Possession of an Controlled Substance: Heroin
    2007 - Grievous Bodily Harm
    2008 - Possession of an Illegal Firearm
    NOTES
  • Head of the Maummar Crime Syndicate along with his brother, Fakir.
  • Spent several years in prison back home in Turkey on charges of murder and human trafficking.
  • Moved to Majestic City when the Turkish Authorities became too much for him to handle.
  • Fakir's brother and head of the Maummar Crime Syndicate. Hamad is a hardened criminal who does not take kindly too Fakir's playboy lifestyle. He and his gang are set to take over the narcotics ring in Majestic City. Jimmy is introduced to Hamad through his brother, Hamad soon finds a use for him, helping him eliminate the competition across Majestic City.
GANGS
    Caine Firm
    Ran by Maurice Caine. The Caine Firm are the oldest, and once most powerful, organization in the Majestic City underworld. Their criminal empire spread across the entire city but has since been reverted to a small area of land in the east-end. A recent wave of immigrant gangs has crippled the Caine Firm's empire. They are a dying breed of noble, respectable gangsters.

The Caine Firm operate in extortion, robbery, blackmail, money laundering and loan sharking. They also run several strip clubs in Harlot (Soho) as well as selling stolen and counterfeit goods out of their market stalls in the east-end. They are above dealing drugs, something which has caused them to loose power across the city.

Maummar Crime Syndicate (Turkish Mafia)
    Ran by the Maummar Brothers (Fakir and Hamad). The Turkish Mafia are a key player in the Majestic City underworld. They control the narcotics ring and are responsible for 9/10 drug deals that go down in the city. With their ill-gotten funds they have managed to equip their men with the latest weaponry and fashion. They can been seen driving imported Japanese cars which the modify extensively.

The Maummar Crime Syndicate's rackets have come under competition recently from the much less organized Yardies. An all-out war has erupted between the parties with both sides facing massive causalities. Outside of drug dealer the Turkish Mafia also deal in extortion, weapons dealing and printing counterfeit money. Fakir Maummar, the youngest of the brothers, runs a nightclub in downtown Majestic City; the basement of which acts as the arena for his illegal fight club.
More to come soon!

Written by Jacky Fiend and Chunk

Dragonex100
  • Dragonex100

I run this town! Me!

• Members

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:02 AM

It's a good start, but the story is a little to much like san andreas, example (Went to liberty for five years for a better life but decided to go home.)

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (Dragonex100 @ Apr 16 2009, 01:02)
It's a good start, but the story is a little to much like san andreas, example (Went to liberty for five years for a better life but decided to go home.)

I guess you could say that. However Jimmy did not leave because of a family trauma (Brian's death) he simply left for a better life, out of greed, rather than fear. He returns five years later, for an undisclosed reason, which will be explained later on in the story.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

As ancient astronaut theorists predicted.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:19 AM

At first glance at the name, I thought it was a Atlantic City Knock-off. So I'm guessing London?

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:20 AM

QUOTE (Spaghetti Cat @ Apr 16 2009, 01:19)
At first glance at the name, I thought it was a Atlantic City Knock-off. So I'm guessing London?

Yes. A fictionalized version of London.

NawlinsIrish
  • NawlinsIrish

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 April 2009 - 01:56 AM

I like it alot! I've always wanted to see a GTA based on London (yes, I know they already had one, but you know what I mean). I love the entire "cockney gangster" theme.

I can already see myself fighting off Yardies in a fictionalized Brixton!

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2009 - 01:58 AM Edited by Jacky Fiend, 16 April 2009 - 04:01 AM.

QUOTE (NawlinsIrish @ Apr 16 2009, 02:56)
I can already see myself fighting off Yardies in a fictionalized Brixton!

We may make it even easier for you. wink.gif

EDIT: Updated the character descriptions as well as adding a new, police database style description for each one. I also added a Gangs section; though the only gang in there so far is the Caine Firm.

Mafioso86
  • Mafioso86

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 April 2009 - 04:43 AM

awesome work man, it's probably the best written concept I've seen on here, it actually sounds like a GTA game rather than a crappy knock off made by a 13 year old. My only complaints are that it sounds a little too focused on one thing, the East End Cockney gangster... almost like TLAD with the bikers... and as Dragonex said the story sounds a little familar... though for me more like Chinatown Wars with the rich kid going to work with his family of gangsters (though I'm just basing that on what I've heard as I haven't played CW). The idea of having a father-son relationship is interesting... I can't decide if I like it or not, as I kinda feel like it would cause to much focus on that one idea of the Cockney Gangsters. Anyways, I hope that you add more characters with more diverse backgrounds/affiliations.

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 16 April 2009 - 07:50 AM

This is a good start Jacky. I myself live in London, it is a perfect location for one of the next few GTA games colgate.gif

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2009 - 07:51 AM

Thank you for the compliment Mafioso86, means alot.

The Caine Firm is only one of the gangs the game will focus on. Sort of like how San Andreas, or Liberty City Stories, focuses on one gang at the beginning (that gang being your own) and then slowly expands to feature more. We've only included members of the Caine Firm at the moment, because that's how far we've progressed with the story.

I guess no matter what we include into the story, we're going to sound similar to another one. GTA has done pretty much every reason to leave and come back; so it was hard to come up with something truly original. However, Jimmy's fortunes we're hand-crafted, so he is more likely to brag than Huang Lee (who got it all due to his father's connections).

sam33
  • sam33

Pessimism and Paranoia

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 April 2009 - 03:24 PM

Really good work to you and Chunk mate biggrin.gif

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 16 April 2009 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE (Dragonex100 @ Apr 16 2009, 00:02)

What else can people think of these days. I did the same for my one. It is quite hard plotting down the story of the main protagonist, without doing something like that.

ScratchCard
  • ScratchCard

Arc.

• Members

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:11 PM

Nice job... just, nice job. Love the idea.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2009 - 07:21 PM

Added two new characters: Fakir & Hamad Maummar as well as a new gang: The Maummar Crime Syndicate.

I also included a link to the Majestic City topic in Writer's Discussion. You can find in-depth, mission by mission storylines in there.

08LasVenturas
  • 08LasVenturas

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:07 PM

This is cool, A lot of detail was put into this. I really like the characters & descriptions colgate.gif

sam33
  • sam33

Pessimism and Paranoia

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:53 PM

This seems so much better than all the half assed scripts out there. I like how your gradually bringing things on whereas some people (no names shall be said) have a massive bloodbath in the first mission. Yours is more GTA esque though which is good.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

As ancient astronaut theorists predicted.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:35 AM

QUOTE (Jacky Fiend @ Apr 15 2009, 19:20)
At first glance at the name, I thought it was a Atlantic City Knock-off.  So I'm guessing London?

Sounds good. And like many have said before, nice job. cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif for you both!

My only thoughts, and this isn't a knock, buuut it's outside the US. Most of us 'mericans would have no idea about most of these gangs. All I'm saying is that the story might have have to be brought in slow. It would be like if you started out working for that redneck guy at the start of Vice City. You'd be like...What the f- is he saying...but it would be British. All classy like with tea and crumpets and such. Plus, I don't know how R* would do turning the sarcasm gun against themselves ( don't get me started on East End Cockney) although I really don't put anything past them provided it's a good story.

Also, what would be some good movie references that this story would follow/mock?

Those are my thoughts, nice job. icon14.gif

NawlinsIrish
  • NawlinsIrish

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:24 AM

QUOTE (Spaghetti Cat @ Apr 17 2009, 02:35)
Also, what would be some good movie references that this story would follow/mock?

When I saw this I was thinking along the lines of Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Get Carter, The Long Good Friday, etc.

Classic British gangster films, y'know?

DanManUtd
  • DanManUtd

Doesn't support United anymore

• Members

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:59 AM

Very well done, I like it a lot. cookie.gif

Dragonex100
  • Dragonex100

I run this town! Me!

• Members

Posted 17 April 2009 - 12:30 PM

I understand how its hard to make a plot for the protagonist as to why he comes to the city, but theres still more possibilities.

Ex: In my Lincoln state post the protagonist joins the army and gets set up, getting kicked out the army and having to come back to Burington.

I'm not saying you should do this yourself, I'm just saying that theres more possibility's. Oh, and how about making a map? colgate.gif

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 17 April 2009 - 12:32 PM

Are you having two topics dedicated to this, Kaden? At first I thought you'd had it moved from Writers' Discussion to here, but I've since seen it's two different topics. Any reason why?

ScratchCard
  • ScratchCard

Arc.

• Members

Posted 17 April 2009 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE (Spaghetti Cat @ Apr 17 2009, 02:35)
QUOTE (Jacky Fiend @ Apr 15 2009, 19:20)
At first glance at the name, I thought it was a Atlantic City Knock-off.  So I'm guessing London?

Sounds good. And like many have said before, nice job. cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif for you both!

My only thoughts, and this isn't a knock, buuut it's outside the US. Most of us 'mericans would have no idea about most of these gangs. All I'm saying is that the story might have have to be brought in slow. It would be like if you started out working for that redneck guy at the start of Vice City. You'd be like...What the f- is he saying...but it would be British. All classy like with tea and crumpets and such. Plus, I don't know how R* would do turning the sarcasm gun against themselves ( don't get me started on East End Cockney) although I really don't put anything past them provided it's a good story.

Those are my thoughts, nice job. icon14.gif

I didn't knew anything about American gangs before I started playing GTA III. Gangs are most of the time introduced the right way by R* and if you still don't feel like you know them enough, search the internet..

DanManUtd
  • DanManUtd

Doesn't support United anymore

• Members

Posted 17 April 2009 - 12:56 PM

Also, R* are Scottish, so they wouldn't be 'turning the gun on themslves'.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 April 2009 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (Masterkraft @ Apr 17 2009, 13:32)
Are you having two topics dedicated to this, Kaden? At first I thought you'd had it moved from Writers' Discussion to here, but I've since seen it's two different topics. Any reason why?

This topic is going to focus more on the game play aspects of Majestic City, while the topic in Writer's Discussion is going to focus on the actual storyline and missions. Hope that isn't a problem?

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 17 April 2009 - 01:22 PM

It isn't on my end, as the two are different in content and will continue to be I assume. I've no problem with it really, it'll be nice to have a comprehensive read.

nerner
  • nerner

OG

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:16 PM

The lead character returns after 5 years in Liberty City? Sounds a bit like San Andreas to me...

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (nerner @ Apr 17 2009, 18:16)
The lead character returns after 5 years in Liberty City? Sounds a bit like San Andreas to me...

Yes, thats what i thought aswell.
It is pretty hard though to come up with storylines these days that dont involve going away or coming back for some sort of reason like that.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (nerner @ Apr 17 2009, 19:16)

1. Thanks for pointing that out to me, nobody had thought of doing that before. sarcasm.gif
  2. Jimmy left Majestic City in search of a better life, Carl fled San Andreas after his brother died.
  3. Jimmy was forced to return to Majestic City, Carl returned because his mother was killed.
  4. Every GTA protagonist too-date has had something to do with Liberty City, we thought it only befitting that our game matched that.
  5. We're trying to tell a good story, that doesn't necessarily mean it has to be the most original.

foohy
  • foohy

New username. Member since 11/30/'07.

• Members

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:24 PM

I can see this as a real GTA game! icon14.gif But Majestic City? Makes me think more of a Las Vegas-type setting than Londen. Other than that great job!

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:27 PM

I must ask you Jacky Fiend, did you come up with majestic from Majesty?, since england does have a queen and a royal familly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users