Posted 30 April 2009 - 01:12 PM

can i use video editor to take photos with

Gangxxter
  • Gangxxter

A Gangster with style

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:08 AM

^Yes, but you're not allowed to use the filter effects.

So, here we go! Freestyle, that's a nice theme colgate.gif

beep41
  • beep41

Memory of a fish

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 01 May 2009 - 06:58 PM

Do we submit photos to the main thread or this one?

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands

Posted 01 May 2009 - 07:05 PM

You have to send it to me by PM, because else other participants can look at your picture before making their own. After a week, I'll post all the pictures in the main thread, so other members can see them and vote for the best. smile.gif

Gangxxter
  • Gangxxter

A Gangster with style

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 02 May 2009 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ May 2 2009, 16:17)
BTW a quick heads up for those that entered the screen shot competition get your damn pictures done, so far only myself and 2 CONSOLE owners have submitted their pictures.

Hehe, I've already made some screenshots but I hold off on submitting my best shot till next week. Maybe I'll make a better screenshot by accident, you never know lol.gif

beep41
  • beep41

Memory of a fish

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 03 May 2009 - 10:48 PM

Any minimum photo amount?

Gangxxter
  • Gangxxter

A Gangster with style

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:53 PM

No, only the first photo you send in participates in the contest.

I've just sent in my screenshot for the contest. I'm curious about the screenshots of the other participants! happy.gif

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• Netherlands

Posted 08 May 2009 - 12:01 AM

1:CharmingCharlie
2:Hanneswasco
3:Hydro_PT
Motivation:
CharmingCharlie created a brilliant composition of hot action against a beautiful backdrop, completed with a witty caption.
The screen of hanneswasco stands out because it is timed perfectly for the light and taken at a scenic location.
Hydro_PT shows us a nice contrast between the action in the sky and the serenity of the skyline.

PaddMadd
  • PaddMadd

Take out those gua.....Hey look a Sultan!

• Members

Posted 08 May 2009 - 01:28 AM

Is it too late to enter? I can come up with something good if the occasion calls for it.

copperwire93
  • copperwire93

Copperdude

• Members

Posted 08 May 2009 - 03:58 AM

So this is the topic for voting right? Here my first vote.
Round 1 : Freestyle

1:thales100
2:Hanneswasco
3:Ganxxter
Motivation: Both thales100 and Ganxxter pics, really show awesome action, every angles really detailed and well-capture. For Hanneswasco, the pic really relaxing and show beautiful scenery.

VickeX
  • VickeX

The GermanScientist

• Members

Posted 08 May 2009 - 04:18 AM

Um, clearly something in Hydro_PT's copy of GTA IV has been modded. Am i right? The restricts of the video editor camera must have been tampered with. Am i right? The camera cant go that far away from the character (Niko), and you could'nt have been standing on a boat near to where the shot was taken from, and shot one of those helicopters.

Is video editor modding allowed? I don't think so. suicidal.gif

I'd like to enter but it's to late. sad.gif

Also, if i could enter, now or at the next competition, would a screenshot from PC be prefered, even though my graphic settings needs to be on the absolutely lowest, or would you then rather take a picture of my tv-screen? Neither would look all to pretty you know.

copperwire93
  • copperwire93

Copperdude

• Members

Posted 08 May 2009 - 04:23 AM

QUOTE (VickeX @ May 8 2009, 13:18)

Did you read the older post? He said that video editor can be used.

Contest manager: I'm really confused with the nickname, did you miss type 'Gangxxter' as 'Ganxxter'?

VickeX
  • VickeX

The GermanScientist

• Members

Posted 08 May 2009 - 04:26 AM

QUOTE (copperwire93 @ May 8 2009, 04:23)
QUOTE (VickeX @ May 8 2009, 13:18)

Did you read the older post? He said that video editor can be used.

Contest manager: I'm really confused with the nickname, did you miss type 'Gangxxter' as 'Ganxxter'?

Yes i read that. I know the video editor can be used. But can it be modded? It clearly have for that picture.

TruXter
  • TruXter

retXurT

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2009 - 04:31 AM

I haven't beat it yet.
Played online alot and tweaked it then got really busy.
I will get around to it.
I do it with every gta.

VickeX
  • VickeX

The GermanScientist

• Members

Posted 08 May 2009 - 04:35 AM

QUOTE (TruXter @ May 8 2009, 04:31)
I haven't beat it yet.
Played online alot and tweaked it then got really busy.
I will get around to it.
I do it with every gta.

Whoops. Wrong topic. colgate.gif

aragond
  • aragond

We are the Aragond. We will bury you.

• Members

Posted 08 May 2009 - 05:30 AM

Does one vote here? Do I enter the following here?

1: Thales100
2: hydro_pt
3: oysterbarron
Motivation: This wasn't so easy, 'cuz there are some nice shots amongst them. Kudos specifically go to oysterbarron who almost got third place cuz I love the colours you've managed to get in that shot: so simple but so very effective. Plus it looks like a console shot and should get a leg-up since it is pretty easy for PCers to score good here. Actually, screw it, I've talked myself into it. Sorry koemzungu. Buddy. Really. It was a tough call. (I'm making more enemies here, aren't I?) I loved koemzungu's shot, simply because it captures that split second feathers fly. It evoked that joyous moment you feel doing it. I liked a lot of other shots, too, cuz they capture some nice views of the LC. But, forced to choose, oysterbarron for third place.
First and second place, and I'll sound like a broken record here, I've been a Thales fan. I know, I know, disqualify me, but that shot is just awesome in its timing, depth and detail, capturing all the brilliant work R* put into blowing sh*t up. Yes, Thales kinda cheats by having a rig we all dream of owning, but you just can't go past the excellent result. Plus, kudos for choosing a moment I see too rarely on my clapped-out rig: the detonation of a frakkin police chopper that has ruined many an aragond rampage!
And second-place to Hydro_pt because it's a clear, clean shot of what appears to be two choppers in a mid-flight air-battle. Superb! Plus, with the city gently fading in the background below, and the pink-to-blue sky, it, like Thales, exemplifies what is awesome about this game. So, no probs choosing second.
But, kudos to all, and to the OP for setting up this little competition. Me likey.

It seems to be the linked page, but also seems no one else has done so, so I'm not sure.

Lemme know (PM, pls) if not.

Gangxxter
  • Gangxxter

A Gangster with style

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:21 AM

QUOTE (copperwire93 @ May 8 2009, 06:23)

Yep, you're right^^
But I don't think this prevent you from voting for me biggrin.gif

So, thanks for your vote copperwire93! icon14.gif

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 08 May 2009 - 07:02 AM

2:Graven
3:Ganxxter

Motivation: Lovint the thales screen because of crisp high quality and the whole upsidedown explosion. Graven's one is 2nd because it smashed a guy to the fence, but i don't like darker pics. As for third vote, i also like upside down freestyle stunts, but since this one was just 2 cars, it'd go 3rd place.

BikerAndy
  • BikerAndy

Jenson 2009

• Members

Posted 08 May 2009 - 07:29 AM

1:Ganxxter
2:oysterbarron
3:thales100

Motivation: Briefly, first place - Gangxxter great timing and action, as well as the main subject you also have nive touches like the helicopter, flags and statue. Second place oysterbarron - love mostly the perspective of the city, and also the colours. Third place - well I'm actually torn between thales100 and Hydro_PT. For those crying mod, Hydro_PT's if I'm not mistaken is from the mission where you fly the heli on the right and jacob shoots at the rockets at the other heli. Its a great angle to view the action, but it is scripted. Due to that, third place goes to thales100 though as having the noose guy being flung towards the camera in front of the action, and the glimpse of skyline behind just makes it for me.

bartekxyz
  • bartekxyz

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲

• Members

Posted 08 May 2009 - 09:12 AM

1:Thales100
2:Ganxxter
3:john88z
Motivation: First place - Thales100, great explosion, great angle... very intense icon14.gif , second place for Ganxxter for very good timing and nice action caught in this screenshot. Third place for john88z for very cinematic feeling and good angle.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 08 May 2009 - 10:24 AM

2:CharmingCharlie
3:Leufas
Motivation
1. thales100 for two reasons - the first one only he knows, the other cause it's the best action packed pic on this contest. And yes, we should all envy his GTX280. If nothing else then for nice screens.
2. CharmingCharlie made a nice action photo which would be even greater had it been possible to shoot it during a high speed chase.
3. Leufas made an very artistic shot, I like it a lot (what's the point with 1337? I can only hope it's not supposed to stand for "leet" or something corny like that)

Others like Hydro_PT, Graven, Ganxxter and oysterbarron did well, but what the f*ck, somebody has to win biggrin.gif

nabo45
  • nabo45

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 May 2009 - 10:30 AM

1: thales100
2: oysterbarron
3: CharmingCharlie

Motivation: Loving the action on thales100's pic, it's very different, IMO, from the other pics.

Just kinda dig' the other two. Nothing much to say about them.

Firewalker999
  • Firewalker999

Liberty City

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 08 May 2009 - 10:40 AM

I guess its already clear whos goin to win this thales100 turn.gif

atsike7
  • atsike7

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 May 2009 - 11:44 AM

2: gangxxter
3: Hanneswasco
Motivation

thales100 - Oh sh*t, I love the explosion and the cops flying out of the broken chopper. And it has great angle.

gangxxter - I dig the action in this one, 2 cars flying and chopper coming.

Hanneswasco - Very nice view to the dock, I love the atmosphere.

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands

Posted 08 May 2009 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE (Firewalker999 @ May 8 2009, 12:40)
I guess its already clear whos goin to win this thales100 turn.gif

This is only one round. So even if he has many points in this round, doesn't mean he will win the contest.

Please quit the spam. I don't want to see accuses of "modding" and other fraud in this topic, but you can send me a PM. If you are wrong, you will lower the chances of winning for the person. So if you think a screen is modded, or edited with a program like Photoshop, send me a PM.

TheRealPcGamer
  • TheRealPcGamer

The Master of PC Games

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2009 - 12:07 PM

2: gangxxter
3: Graven

Motivation
1.thales100's screen is just perfect; love the explosion with the flying SWAT there. It's not easy to get a pic like that icon14.gif
2.I like the gangxxter's pic because it's unique, and also that Feroci's muffler looks so good biggrin.gif
3.Funny pic by Graven, love that splashing blood.

That's it, vote from me smile.gif

lt_yao
  • lt_yao

Satie

• Members

Posted 08 May 2009 - 12:17 PM

1. Thales100
2. Gangxxter
3. Hanneswasco

Motivation: thales screen jsut brings an awe to me, actiony and all that.
Gangxxter - brilliant, love the action.
hanneswasco - great atmosphere, really puts me in the mood.

lauris18
  • lauris18

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 May 2009 - 12:21 PM

2: Hanneswasco
3: john88z

Motivation: 1: Good scenary , perfect shot to show the effects quality.
2: Nice idea to take a photo of a liberty city.
3: This picture screams. "city life" to me thats why I liked it

dice
  • dice

love_triangle

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 08 May 2009 - 01:17 PM

1:Thales100
2:Gangxxter
3:hanneswasco
Motivation: I loved all the pics, simply because I have a bad comp and looking at a game with these
kind of graphics makes a viewer instantly love it. It's a slightly different story gameplay-wise, but I will stop here. Thales pic is simply outstanding. The explosion, the particles, the explosion effects which occur in the cockpit. The flying swat guys aren't that good and it could be in a different day time, but It's still amazing .
Gangxxters pic is also fantastic. I have no idea how he managed to do that, so respect. The helicopter in that pic is in a perfect position, but the thing that left me down is, that I would expect something like trees or rocks in the background, to give it more logic, but still, close second. These were the best two, other were just so random ... The thing I choose hanneswasco pic was because I love landscape pics. It's quite ok, but It feels so empty. The day of the time is perfect, btw.

Greasepalms
  • Greasepalms

Ya gon' dun goof'd up

• The Yardies
  • Portugal

Posted 08 May 2009 - 01:38 PM

1.thales100
2.Gangxxter
3.Hydro_PT

Motivation:
1- Awesome explosion there, and the NOOSE guy sent flying made the screenshot even better!

2- Very good one, you got a good angle from there.

3- That's some sweet looking explosion...that's all I got to say

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users